The Emperor's Forgiveness (a penal legion roleplay)(Recruitment Thread) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-20-12, 04:40 PM

Angel Encarmine's Flag is: USA

this looks pretty cool, i will have a sheet up sometime this week. Would have one up sooner but work is crazy because of thanksgiving
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-20-12, 04:45 PM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

I'm hoping to get the chance to read through this but will be very short on time due to family visiting for the next few days.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #23 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-20-12, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

Great to hear guys, which if all sheets appears leaves us with 7 and hopefully 8 if it tickles unekpekted's taste pallet which means to my tentative delight we have about enough to start, pending character sheets.

So if your working on them, then get them up people love to see what a rag tag bunch are going to be warring against the odds

As i said i will take up to 12 which I don't see happening but if there are any other tentative takers out there your more than welcome
__________________________________________________ ____
MAelstrom: firstly welcome

Secondly: the display of the quality of writing your going to put out makes me a very happy camper that your thinking of joining.

On the charactor sheet I'm quite happy for you to use what you wrote as a part of your background, when it strikes it strikes and who am I to tell you if its right or wrong.

So I'm happy for you to count the little passage as your reason for imprisonment and a good chunk of your background, though i would prefer it if he was imprisoned awaiting the verdict of the legions commissar, who has currently been called back to hq. The commissar on return then chose to transfer him to the custody of the Saben Penitentary 21st that had been devastated in a similar situation to your own squad and were thus being forced to return to the penal world Saben for reinforcement. It just ties the whole thing together

However i would like to know a little more of where he's from prior to the incident, what was his motivation to join the guard if he had any choice at all, what brought him to notice as sergeant material... was there an action, a circumstance that lead him to his position and somehow he thrived under it? It's a lovely story but i'd like it fleshed out to include a bit more detail before the incident and if you wish what happens after.

whether you do that as story or as bullets is up to you but i'd like it fleshed out a little, need any help just pm or reply?

Also there are parts of the sheet that I'd like adding or reiterating, simply as it just makes it easier for others to describe and interact with your charactor plus the questions like age, quirk, reaction to incarceration and the item he still bears from his past do need answering.

so if you could use the format of the charactor sheet and just add a little more flesh to the back ground with regards to before and after that would be great. You could even if you want us what you've written as a flash back in your orginal post if you'd rather downsize it somewhat.

completely up to you... any questions pm or reply.

_______-----------------------------------

Looking forward to seeing those sheets

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig

post #24 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-20-12, 06:59 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Name: Xandar Tackett

Appearance: Xandar is a bear of a man, standing around 6'5" and weighing in at around 280 pounds, every inch of it rock hard muscle. His flesh is a lattice work of scars from bullet and knife wounds, the the criss-cross pattern of a labor masters whip, each one adding to his brutish appearance. It may have been that at one point he bore an attractive countenance, but a lifetime of violence has erased any vestigages of it. His left eye is missing, the socket covered over with a metal patch that has been rivetted in place, the vicious scar that took the organ running vertically across the brow, underneath the plate to re-emerge on the other side. His remainin eye is a muddy shade of brown that stares out from underneath a pronounced brow ridge. A large hawkish nose dominates the middle of his face, crooked and bent in several places, trophies of the multiple times it has been broken. His face continually bears a scruff of growth, simply adding to his grim and intimidating appearance.

Quirk: Utterly remorseless. Xandar has little to no conscience or ability to feel empathy. He is a sadistic killer through and through.

Relic: A ring, a simple titanium band engraved with a bulls head. It is a reminder of what he has lost and a motivator to keep him going to reclaim his former life.

Background: Xandar was abandoned as a child very early in his life and like most children of those circumstances he found himself migrating towards the gangs that permeated the Underhive where he lived. Despite the danger, the seven year old, quite child, found that at least with the gangs he had something to eat and a roof over his head. At an early age, dextrous and nimble he proved to be an excellent theif, earning his keep with a quick hand and appraising eye. But as he grew and the years passed, his child's body grew into a large strapping young man, thick with muscle, hard and lean from years of hard living.

As he grew in stature, he grew in reputation. By the time he was in his late teens he had six bodies on his hands and another half a dozen he had ordered killed. Xandar was known to be ambitious and it soon became apparent that he would go through anything and anybody to get what he wanted. His ability to inspire through fear and intimidation soon earned him a following of thugs and killers ready to jump to do his bidding, both out of fear of reprisal and because he was generous with his spoils. As he continued to set his sights higher and higher, he acquired more territory, his gangs branching out from simple intimidation and robbery to protection schemes, drug import and export, arms dealing, government tampering, and killing for hire. By the time that he was 24 years old, Xandar controlled over half the Underhive, his gang numbering in the thousand, his criminal empire thriving under his shrewd and ruthless leadership. Through bribes and threats Xandar had influence in the Planetary Governor's office and employees on his payroll in the highest ranks of the Arbites office.

Even though he had employees to do the work for him, the giant of a man that Xandar grew into, refused to wash his hands of the dirty work. Revelling in the pain and suffering of other men and in the years that passed since his first killing, he could be personally be held accountable for the deaths of 46 different men. It seemed for almost 6 years that Xandar had become untouchable, but like most who over the course of history had felt themselves such, so too would Xandar fall from his position at the top of the mountain to wallow in the dirt with the lowest of the low.

Caleb Harkin, Xandar's long time compatriot and lieutenant, had become jealous of his bosses position. For years, unbeknownst to Xandar, Caleb had been building support with in the gang. It was three weeks shy of Xandar's 30th birthday that Caleb instituted his blood coup, killing many of the gang that supported Xandar and in an under the table deal with the Governor's office he turned Xandar and his other lieutenants over to the authorities. Xandar could do nothing but smile, a demented sort of smile, as the Governor sentenced him and his Lieutenant's to deal for treason and murder. There was no trial, no presentation of evidence, just a summary judgement. In the kangaroo court that was assembled Xandar watched all of his hard work torn down before his eyes.

In a slow march from the 'courtroom' to the death cells, Xandar could feel no regret save for the fact that he had chosen to trust anyone. His thoughts, already violent and sadistic, turned to vengence and death. He knew that he would survive, that he must survive, to inact his vengenance against those that had turned on him and had brought everything that he had built to ruin. Surprising his guards, Xandar requested the right to be sent to a Penal Legion rather than die worthless here in a small rectangular cell. At least, there he would have the opportunity to regain his freedom to seek his revenge. After being forced to watch his men be executed, the Govenor granted his request and he was shipped off with about a hundred other souls to the Saben for the forming of the Saben 21st Penal Legion.

Inside the Legion Xandar found an environment in which he thrived. He was surrounded by his kind of people, cut throat, vicious men, some of which had heard of him. It was not long before he had a small following of soldiers who took their direction from him as opposed to the Legion officer. Proving that he and his boys were a vicious tool at their disposal, the Colonel in charge of the 21st mostly left Xandar to his own devices.

In his first campaign with the legion, one in which the 21st and the Guard Regiment they were attached to were sent to help shure up defenses of a backwater world of Yetrick near Saben. The Dark Eldar, a people that Xandar personally could identify with, had begun to raid this world after large ore deposits were discovered just below the planets surface. In a series of vicious battles the Dark Eldar swooped out of the sky on their agile crafts, capturing men where they could, slaughtering where they couldn't. It was during this campaign that Xandar would lose his eye. Lasgun empty, he rushed forward to crush the slender form of the warrior before him, but its agility was not one that he had anticipated. Striking out with a flailing whip of blades that seemed to come from know where the xeno managed to rob him of the use of his left eye, which was eventually crudely removed by a legion medic, and tried to open his belly with the wicked blade. It didn't count on him not caring about his own death and with a roar he was on it, meaty hands clamped around its neck as he crushed the life from it. As the battle field cleared, the xeno menace beaten back at the cost of three quarters of the Guard Regiment and over half the Penal Legion, medics found Xandar, pale with loss of blood, but the wound in his belly crudely stitced closed with strips of his own shirt.

His second campaign, took place on some fucking world he had forgotten the name of, but it was against a rebel human faction that was intent on overthrowing the imperial government. Fighting was fierce, but just as a freshly healed Xandar really started to enjoy things, his hands slick with blood, his lasgun hot from use, the Penal Legion was ordered to withdraw and they were sent back to Saben. What was left of the 21st Penal Legion was folded into the newly forming 23rd. Despite his frustration at being pulled out of a good fight, Xandar saw these fresh recruits as a good ground to once again grow his influence.

Skillset: Where Xandar is a decent shot with a fire arm, he excels at hand to hand combat. His size and strength giving him the advantage in almost every conflict. He is also a ruthless businessman with a shrewd mind.

Relationships with others: Xandar no longer has relationships with others save the fact that he does whatever he can do to get himself on the top of the ladder. He is untrusting and callous.

Wargear: Standard issue lasgun and combat knife along with regulation flack jacket and standard issue army khaki

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #25 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-20-12, 07:03 PM

maelstrom48's Flag is: USA

Sure; I was in the moment when I drew up that story. Trying to showcase a little so my low post-count doesn't deter people. Honestly I just threw it together in 15-20 minutes. I interact with sergeants every day here, so I have plenty of inspiration near to hand.

I tried to flesh out his character/appearance/general attitude, but I can understand why some of that is easy to miss, and I definitely did miss some of your requirements. Is it alright with you if I keep the story, but add in some summary bullet points at the end? I'll detail Weaver's prior background, tack on some of his extra info, and do my best to tie in to the start of the RP.

[Edit] And nice, Midge, that was pretty cool.

The Grind - April's Featured Fiction winner!
A World Eater survives another day at the office (barely).

Last edited by maelstrom48; 11-20-12 at 07:09 PM.
post #26 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-20-12, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

Midge: a beaut by my skim, i'll give him a read later on with some of the others and any critique necessary will come your way

MAelstrom: i'd never tell anyone to sod off just because you have a low post count
you'd be surprised how many gems come out of the 10- 100 post range so no worries there.

You've certainly showcased.

I can see you included the appearance and mindset, but i can tell you when your midway through a post, the appearance section just helps other posters and sometimes yourself remember what you've already established.

also it really helps me if i start going off on one which I'm prone to do.

Honestly I would prefer if you use the character sheet on the first page, describe everything bit by bit, then in the reason and reaction sections just meld them all together like midge has done. If you want to go a paragraph before the story leading in to it, ie up to that campaign, bang in the story, and then finish off with the result from the commissar that is fine by me.

Honestly I can't give you a better example than what midge has just put up.

Either way, see how it flows, I can assure you, if I think something needs changing, I'll let you know

Your always welcome to pm it to me before you post it, if you want to check something... that goes for everyone

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
post #27 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 05:15 AM

maelstrom48's Flag is: USA

Ok, the post is edited accordingly. Let me know what you think!

The Grind - April's Featured Fiction winner!
A World Eater survives another day at the office (barely).
post #28 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 05:28 AM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

I think that the character looks great man. Of course it isn't up to me, but I am pleased that you were able to keep some of your original exposition and incorporate it into the character sheet.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #29 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 06:55 AM

DasOmen's Flag is: USA

Name: Kane Levethix
Appearance: one would describe him as being slightly tall for his build, he stands no wider than the average trooper, and is no heavier, though he is a good deal taller. at least two heads taller by most standards. he stands at a good 6.9 and seems to tower over others wanting to or not.

kane's face is devoid of battle damage for the most part save for a single scar running from his hair line to his jaw that slices through his eye. a cybernetic replacement now sit's in it's placed where his biological one used to be. the three red dots of his eyes optical sensors sit in a close knit triangle pattern, though it does nothing to hide the gruesome nature of his scar. his eyes before the implant were oddly enough already red, a rare genetic trate from his mother's side. the last known family member to have red eyes was his great great grandfather who ironically, also served in the guard, and also was directed to serve in a pineal legion.

his hair is long, blond, and travels down to his hips. what would be an ungainly mess that has never been cut a day in his life save for the occasional battle damage from stray bullets, las rounds, or other bits of shrapnel flying at him, is neatly braided down in a extremely tight braid leaving his hair neatly cropped back and down into the braid. a series of bands bind his hair and keep it tight. each band has a different quote from the uplifting primer etched into it's gunmetal band. among a few commissar's favorites are "suffer not the heretic to live" and "kill it with fire"

Kane has a single tattoo on his arm. the text once translated from high Gothic reads "do you have any questions about promethium? or promethium accessories?"

Quirk: both a pyromaniac and a vicous vehicle nut. if it can be lit on fire, he will try to make it burn. Kane also has a bad habit of combing his hair, collecting the stray hair from the comb, condensing it for a few weeks into a single hand tied rope, and then lighting it on fire. he mostly does this out of boredom and when he's bored, he'll either find something to light on fire, or comb his hair, which normally leads to the former. Kane also obsesses over vehicles a bit, and if there's a chance to drive one, he'll take it, even if he's not officially qualified to drive it.

Background: Kane has always had anger management issues even since his days as a child. in school when he was bullied, he'd stalk the bully home, and then beat said bully with whatever weapon he could find until the bully was unconscious, often times, even after he was unconscious resulting in serous injury of said bully. he rarely ever had any repeat offenders. rather than join a gang which was half expected by the local law enforcement after several arrests, Kane actually signed on as a vender for a food stand when it came time for him to assist in the dealings of his home planet. after a few seasons of that, he signed on as one of the mechanics for the civilian motor vehicle plants. it wasn't until he was 25 that he joined the guard when they went to war and he was conscripted into it.

Kane needless to say did not get along with his instructors, they would try and beat him, and unlike other recruits, he faught back. it wasn't an odd sight to see in training to see kane going up against a few trainers as some tried to restrain him. normaly ended up in kane being sent to medical ward, along with three or four trainers who got on the wrong side of his fists. after training he was assigned as nothing more than a simple co pilot in a transport truck. this menail job lasted for a while. eventualy kane finaly got to make his move. they were driving supplies to a forward outpost in the center of ork teratory, the driver of the vehicle got lanced by a ork beamy def gun. seizing controll of the mangled drive wheel kane shoved his former driver out of the now gaping hole in the side of the vehicle and placed his foot square on the pedal slammed it to the floor. the orks mopped up his escort in barely a minute flat, the light vehicles and the buggies were no match for the ork armor and the storm boys. what should have ended a scrap heap being looted by orks, ended up being the scarriest moment of kane's life, facing down a commissar pointing a bolter pistol to his forhead didn't even compare to this moment in time. armed with only a caravan shotgun and a las pistol, kane was forced to not only drive the vehicle around trecherous terrain but also fend off an ork attack at the same time. by the time kane made it into the site range of the bases's watch towers, ork boyz were scrambling onto his truck like ants, kane was driving the vehicle with one hand, and firing off the now snub nosed caravan shotgun with the other, bracing the wheel with a knee every so often to slap in a few more slugs into the weapon before promptly fireing again. the bases's marksmen promptly aided kane in making it the rest of the way and opend fire on the truck by the order of a commissar. a mixture of balistic round and las fire rained down on the truck picking off the orks from the bases's marksmen allowing kane to promptly drive into the base, loose controll, and roll the truck scattering the supplies he was dilivering over a good area of the base's entrance. for his valiant effort, he was awarded the brass skull for his efforts, a rare honor for a white cap.

with his honors freshly pinned to his chest, his days as a white cap were over, and ironicaly enough his next job came from the base he had just dilivered supplies to, they needed a new gunner for one of thier hellhounds after a stick bomb made it's way into a open hatch during the last battle. and to be honest as the gunner for a hellhound, a job he actually fit the bill for rather easily, he did quite well. After serving as a gunner for several years, he was finally able to drive the vehicle, a event the regiment's commissar was not looking forward to, as it was "his" tank the commissar would be driving. in an attempt to weasle his way out of allowing the guardsmen to drive the vehicle, the commissar issued a challange to kane, a note that if he could complete this challange by any means nessassary, then he was worthy to drive the tank of a commissar. the challange was simple in it's words, get the hellhound on the top roof a building just outside the garrason walls. this was an event that the commissar was sure kane could not acomplish, no man could drive a tank up a building no matter what! so sure of this notion, the commissar actualy sat in the tank's turret area with the hatch open during his challange. kane heard one thing and one thing only out of this challange. "Get the vehicle here by any means nessassary". these words were heard by the base's commander as he passed by and were not deniable. long story short, kane did indeed get the vehicle ontop of the building. he nocked over three water towers, caused irrepareable damage to the roof of the vehicle bay, created a new dinner balcony of the headquarters building, and shredded the edge of the base's walls where only infantry were supposed to patroll. so in the end yes kane got the vehicle ontop of the building just outside the bases's walls, no, the commissar was not happy about this. the hellhound was promptly air lifted off of the building as the commissar was not about to tell kane to now get the vehicle down.

kane drove his hellhound for many years, waging war on just about everything the imperium didn't like, it would be easier to say he didn't wage war against cute kittens and puppies than list the many things he was told to crush under his treads. kane received multiple honors for his performance as a driver and crew member of the hellhound, his service record was exemplary in that... however things always seem to go wrong in the imperium.

after being deployed on a hive world, kane and his commissar found themselves in the thick of it after being dispached to releave a captain and his squat of storm troopers. the storm troopers were pinned down deep in the city's sewer system and were barely holding on. kane was instructed to make his way by command to their location and provide aid, at this point it was not known that the storm troopers were inside the sewer system, it was only known that they were in the high quarter. kane promptly drove his tank through the front doors of a hive world shopping center, down more flights of stairs than his commissar wanted to think about or remember, and through a decapitated barrier for the old transit system that was no longer in use. after driving through the transit's tunnels for a while, kane and his tank forcefully entered the sewer system after frantic instructions by a confused navigator in the storm trooper squad. the storm troopers were releaved and frightened at the same time to see the hellhound driving up behind them in the sewer tunnels, releaved because that was armored support carrying a massive flame thrower, terrified because that was a tank in a tunnel with no logical way to get there. kane received a copper skull honor for this rescue as the storm troopers were escorting several nobles to safety.

One relic from a past life: Mk4 Las lighter. commonly used to light lho sticks and cigars.... or in kane's case, really anything he can get his bored hands on. the MK 4 is essentially four class 4 short range lasers angled in a way to have the beams cross at a cirtian distance. at that distance, the lighter is like any other lighter powered by flame, and is quite capable of igniting lho sticks, or any other menial object that needs to be lit ablaze like kindling or anything else.

Reason for induction into the penal legion: Kane is responsible for the brutal murder of a captain and his lieutenant after a series of incidents which resulted in the destruction and near total loss of 87th armored regiment gamma company. a lieutenant and his captain seized control of the company and led them into a bad situation gone worse. the two men led the company into a kill zone during the middle of an artillery bombardment in an attempt to gain ground when the enemy wold not expect it. while they did indeed gain the ground and secure it, the resulting losses from the enemy heavy weapons emplacements and stationary guns, not to mention the losses from friendly fire reached as high as 87% of the company. kane survived by pure luck, the transport truck to his front wasn't so lucky, a earth shaker round smacked right through the driver side cabbin rendering the entire vehicle to meaty shrapnel, and the russ behind him took a shatterer round to the turret and a crater maker round to the hole where the turret used to be. two months after gamma was dissolved and absorbed into other companies, kane discovers the two men who had since been promoted form the incident and leads them to the vehicle bay and proceeds to brutal murder them behind locked doors. the lieutenant had his legs blown off by a shotgun blast and was then smashed into the ceiling by a hydrolic lifter used to lift heavy tanks upwards. cleaning crews had to spend two entire weeks scrubbing the ceiling of the vehicle bay to remove the corpse of the man. the captain was not so lucky. knocked unconscious by a surprise attack by kane, the captain had two industrial hooks plunged into his shoulders, and was slowly lowered into a siege grinder's rotating teeth while he was still alive and fully aware of what was going on.

upon arrival of the commissars, kane declared that the two he had just killed were heretics and were trying to weaken the guard so they could not take the planet back. rather than execute him on the spot, the overseeing commissar sentenced him to a penial legion in remembrance of his service, using it as a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of the emperor.

Reaction to induction: consuming and burning rage tempered by the ability to take out said anger on anything the legion points him at. to say he's angry is an understatement, not angry at the imperium, angry at the commissar who killed his brothers in battle. he understands that murder is murder and he should be dead, however he is grateful for the chance to redeam himself in the eyes of the emperor. he also sees it as a chance to have a lot of unrestricted fun in a sense given he's expected to die anyway

Specialist skill: one of the best drivers this side of the sub sector, Kane is a preverbial savant behind the controlls of a vehicle. he's competent in many different vehicles, though it's advised to never let him fly anything.

Relationships with other characters: none

Never Give Up, Never Surrender. for it is better to burn out than fade away.

Last edited by DasOmen; 11-28-12 at 06:48 AM.
post #30 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 04:41 PM

Speaking of low post count... Maelstrom and I are friends outside of the forums, and he recruited me to RP. I haven't RPed in a few years, but I've done it on and off the past 10.

For my character, I was thinking we need a scout. Small, skulky, etc.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode