ABTN 3 recruitment - Page 23 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 327 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 08:57 PM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

well i've been through 3 reincarnations of this rp and 3 charactor reincarnations in this series and been there since the start so if you wish to keep it going I am most definitely in.

I started my rp with keeping this one in mind as my 6th rp on this site but I will admit from my side the gap with the site going down at such a critical time for izrael's development finding the banner etc really stopped my flow as I'm really struggling for a direction to take him with.

With this update the whole situation is a little difficult as where you are trying to give us freedom we are having to coordinate with so many people at once because no one wants to tread on any toes.

For me anyway one of ryan or zurick would have taken the lead of our group from a superiority stand point and i dont really know where to begin to be honest. I have my own plan in my own head for what I want to do and I'm still in and still intending to post

So you've got three, i understand we have had a lot of losses,i guess we need to know how many you would need to keep this going.

If it was to collapse it really hasn't gone far enough for you to restart it with the same setting even the same style intro post but just different charactors. I get its not ideal but whose to say whilst kain and co are down on sotha collecting cleomenes, another team with another agenda aren't doing something else for the good of the chapter even on sotha...?

I wouldn't say this is the time to end the scythes in any sense, as i'm sure you have an overall plot, and you have a great little backstory to work off of.

Being fair, par resurrection expert midge and the claw i dont think there is are many rps that have survived the fall of heresy unscathed whilst i think the ideas you had for this rp really struggled with euphs decline to fleeting activity

All I can say is you can count me in but if you do decide to kill it off, i dont think that is goodbye to the scythes forever.

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 327 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 09:03 PM

Jackinator's Flag is: United Kingdom

I am still here, but struggling with workload, I should be able to get a post up before the end of the week though I cannot guarantee quality

post #223 of 327 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Hm. yeah as I mentioned this update was made up a couple hours before posting it, so its probably not the best. Its a really tough spot for capussa to join into things I'm sure. He said he was waiting on more posts to get a better idea of how to approach it. Though that was a week or so ago so I'm not sure where he stands at this point.

I could just move on to the next part of the plot, I suppose... I do think there are some really interesting things to open up with this scenario though in terms of character relations.

I know a lot of you have had trouble meeting the minimum of one post every two weeks rule. The problem with getting rid of that rule is why I put it in place from the start. If people cannot post at least once every two weeks the overall interest goes down dramatically and posts generally become seen as errand like instead of 'I really want to write this post'. So I'm still on the fence about that. Should there be no time limit?

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #224 of 327 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 10:03 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Well, this is what I have to say on the matter. If deathbringer, Jack, myself, and Deus are still in, and I think we can count on Ramo in the clutch, I think we should press on if you are willing Unxpected. I also have plans to have a post up in the next 48 hours or so. So you have 4 definites and a possibly in Ramo, with Ryan and Zurich as staple NPCs designed for some good character interaction you have between 6 & 7 characters to work with. Personally I would continue, should this RP have been my own, with that many provided that the 4 definites are going to promise to reliably post.

I think that if we can get through this update and get to the meat of the plot, things will begin to move along just fine.

My two cents, take them for what they are worth.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #225 of 327 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 10:49 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

I'm in.

'nough said.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #226 of 327 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 10:59 PM
Unfinished Project King

So, since DA is still in.... DA Jack and I are talking about our approach to the training scenario on FB here in a bit. If you are facebook enabled, or you have another method of chat you want to work through perhaps we could all get together.

post #227 of 327 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 11:54 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

I haven't got Facebook, I am afraid - I don't do social networks, if people haven't noticed, - As for alternative methods, I only have one in mind; the one we used previously.

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #228 of 327 (permalink) Old 11-28-12, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

Yeah if all three of you want to chat get the link from DA and let me know ill be in my room here.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #229 of 327 (permalink) Old 11-28-12, 11:23 AM

Capussa's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm still good for this and will post within 48 hours

As for the time limit I think it is good, though a tough one for me this time as I was wanting to respond to other characters greetings (or lack of) in my post.

Having gm'd a few tabletop rp's I know how hard it can be to try and keep an rp going when people are not turning up reguarly, so I understand where you are coming from unexpected, though having read the posts above it looks like you have a solid group of players to continue with.

From a personal perspective it would be a shame to kill it just as I join, thus robbing me of the opportunity to experience the rp, however I will hold no ill will or resentment if you do not feel that this is working and end it.
post #230 of 327 (permalink) Old 11-29-12, 04:09 AM
Unfinished Project King

So I went ahead and bit the bullet for everyone and posted up first among the warring groups.... gotta get the ball rolling somehow.

Capussa- I took some liberties placing your character in a situation where Raxan could more easily identify with him. If what I have done is any way out of kilter with what you had in mind please let me know and I will change it to accommodate. I wanted to actually get to speak with you and this was the best way i could think of to get around to it.

DA- I have obviously made up the bit about the far gone battle. I am on a few lovely meds to help me get over bronchitis and I am a bit loopy, so if that doesn't work I don't mind editing it as well, but Raxan (as his controller was writing this evening) found that he remembered a decisive victory against cunning foes. (gotta love codeine).

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode