The Endless Darkness - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-02-12, 09:59 PM

A bemused Nikolai glances towards Kruger, just in time to see a tear run to his face. "What the Hell is going on?" Nikolai mutters to himself, before stepping back from everybody. The problem here is that everybody isn't acting like a group yet, they dont trust each other, so mistakes are being made, and they were all standing about arguing with the first hurdle they have reached. Nikolai briefly considers leaving the group, since there didn't seem much chance of surviving mutants and the other perils of the metro if they didnt act together, but dismissed the idea. He needed money.

One of the group approaches Kruger and starts talking to him in a low voice, asking him to show the guard whats in the package. "This is bloody rediculous" Nikolai grumbles to himself, once again the guy hadn't even thought about what the rest of the group might want to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-12, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Kruger turns towards Max. "You think that if this single man knew what was in this package, he'd let use through? What's in this package is something so valuable, so amazing, that even I can't know what it is!" Something had obviously cracked inside his mind, turning him a little more into the mindless loonies that trail from the northern tunnels.

"The only way to get through this blockade, is with force, or stealth, there's no way we can have a rational conversation with someone who's belief that the insane aren't fit for the metro." Kruger raises his voice and looks back at the guard, having to stand himself up a little to connect with the guards eyes "The insane are the only ones who can survive the horrors that lay ahead!"
"All you damn crazies depend on the sane for protection, claiming that you don't need it, but you'll just get eaten alive out there by yourselves. Now I've got a job to do, and you've got some workers to apologize too." The guard bluntly tells Kruger that he needs to fire his couriers.

"Damn him, he can die with the rest of humanity." Kruger lowers his voice so only the circle of couriers can hear him. "We need to sneak out of here, but they'll be watching for me, so you have to do this yourselves. I've come up with a plan on how to get to Pride Station, but first you all need to find a way off Free Station." Kruger hands out a piece of torn paper "I've written down my instructions on this. Don't read it until you're all out of the station. Now I'm going to cause a disturbance, and you five all need to find a way off the station. Just tell me when you're ready, and don't delay."

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

Join me in life, or slave for me in death. -Vlad von Carstien
post #43 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-12, 02:58 AM

As Nikolai listens to what Kruger has to say, he decides that its time someone took control of the group. He quickly gathers the group closer and starts talking "ok this is rediculous, we need to get the hell out of Free Station, and we need to act more like a group to do so. Now does anybody have any ideas how to get the hell out of here. If we need to we could just kill the guard and make it look like a mutant got in. Or does anybody else know a way out?" he looks around the group expectantly.

post #44 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-12, 03:05 AM

MaxDemone's Flag is: USA

Max listened to what Nikolai had to say and thought for a moment. "Alright," Max said quiet enough so that the guard couldn't hear "If a mutant got in, it would probably rip him limb from limb, so we have to kill him in some gruesome, terrifying way. Any ideas?" He looked around at the group. "Or we could just fill him with lead, take his stuff and run."
post #45 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-12, 03:32 AM

Android089's Flag is: Canada

"Murder! You cant be serious!" Draval snarled "He's just a man like every one of us. The best way out would be to sneak out. And it happens that I just found a hole in the barricade. If you listen to me we can get out with no bloodshed at all." Draval said, taking a step back and looking at each face in the group. "Let it be said here and now, I will not take the life of another human being, and I expect the rest of you will at least higher your standards before mindlessly killing someone."

"I don't care bout dem ard ead space marines i want da city and i don't care bout ow many boyz it takes me ta get it!"
-Agromak orders his boyz to their death

post #46 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-05-12, 03:46 AM

Max looks at Draval, "Where's this hole? Cause I'd rather use that to be honest." He looks over his shoulder to see if the guard is watching them.
post #47 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-06-12, 01:59 AM

"A hole in the fence would be nice to use" Androv said to the group.
"It worries me thou that there is such a hole in the fence, it could jeorpadize the whole station. Im kinda hoping the guard see us leave through it or is smart enough to know that we must have used such an escape. So they can fix the whole before mutants or raiders discovers it. But point it out and im ready to act."

Sneaky Wood Elf.
Give me a 5+ ward save and I can't be killed.
post #48 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-09-12, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

After a brief discussion of how to escape the station, it is agreed to use the hole in the guard wall would be the most effective way off the station. After Kruger is informed of this he begins to yell various insults at the guard, getting his attention, the two start to throw curses at each other. While the guard isn't looking, Draval approuchs the hole in the gate, lifting a piece of scrap metal out of the way. Draval motions for everyone else to follow. Being careful not to make much noise, the group manages to squeeze through the small gap of chain link and plywood, and is released straight into the metro. The hole appears to exit behind the outhouse, which is producing a very powerful smell, it now seems obvious why no one would check this part of the wall for holes, even a mutant might try to find a better smelling way.

The group struggles to find a space for everyone to fit in the small space as the dim light from the fire only helps so much. The fire from the outside sentry post seems to be at lease fifteen metres away, there are three guards sitting, eating and talking. This is the part of the job they love, the part they despise is the point they are even there. A man with a machine gun is standing in a wooden extension of the wall, it appears to be a recent addition, most likely because of the increase in gory mutant stories. The main outer door for the caravans, the one the guard requested taxes from on the inside, is about ten metres away and a guard stands with his back to it, leaning on the wall just beside it. These men are heavily armed, it would be a very difficult fight to win, but not impossible.

Suddenly, gunshots ring out from inside the station. The commander of the outside guard stands from his chair and orders three of his men to investigate. The machine gunner in the wooden addition lifts his gun up and points it into the darkness of the metro tunnels. The guard who was only seconds ago relaxing with his back to the wall draws his gun and is already taking cover behind the barricade in front of the wall. The three men open up the main gate and walk in with there weapons drawn. Most gunshots ring out, and everyone can hear Krugers voice as he curses the entire station, the last part of his sanity must have rotted away.

There's no going back, Kruger gave his distraction, best to move forward to Pride Station while he does his job. But there's still those two guards to get past.

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

Join me in life, or slave for me in death. -Vlad von Carstien
post #49 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-09-12, 06:41 PM

"I have a plan" Max says quietly to the group as reaches into his satchel, brandishing the can of bug spray. He looks over the can "Warning: May Cause Iritation If Gotten In Eyes" Max smiles as the plan unravels in his mind. He turns to the group, "I'm gonna incapacitate the the machine gunner and when I do, run." he says quickly "You guys ready?"
post #50 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-10-12, 05:03 AM

Android089's Flag is: Canada

"That's a risky plan, but if your willing to do it..." Draval trails off. Trying to think of another way to sneak past. Not coming up with any. "How are you going to get out though. Assuming you manage to get some in his eyes, he might just shoot you as soon as he sees you outside the gate." Draval rummaged through his belongings. Looking for something to use as an alternative. The only thing he could think of was the spare light bulbs. But those wouldn't be useful right now. "You'll just have to run after us, and run quickly."

"I don't care bout dem ard ead space marines i want da city and i don't care bout ow many boyz it takes me ta get it!"
-Agromak orders his boyz to their death

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode