The Endless Darkness - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-27-12, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anilar View Post
Quick Question, what is the name of the Chief of guard. Don't know if he would hold a military/police rank.
It would simply be Chief even if that's not the name that the guards gave there leader, so in a military station, it would be sergeant, and in a trade station it would be commander; but you could address a commander as sergeant and he/she would still respond.

However there is a difference between Guard and Soldier, but you'll learn more about that later.

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

Join me in life, or slave for me in death. -Vlad von Carstien
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-27-12, 01:44 AM

Nikolai gazes upon the man, wondering if he was a gambler. If he was Nikolai could easily cheat his way through the fence and probbly gain a few knicknacks in the process. However before, Nikolai can step up the guard and question him, another of the group quickly goes up and starts talking to the man in easy tones, trying to convince the man to let them through the fence. If this plays out correctly Nikolai wont even have to trouble himself.
post #33 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-27-12, 04:56 PM

Android089's Flag is: Canada

Draval opened his mouth to tell everyone of a secret way out. He thought that no-one else would know a way into the metro tunnels, but he was wrong. A man from next to him began talking to the guard, seemingly without thinking everything through first. Draval hated when people did this kind of thing, heading into problems without knowing what all the alternatives are. He didn't want to watch the guard and the man from the group talk, so instead Draval glanced around for his old way out, sadly he couldn't find it. Draval would rather sit down and work on contraptions rather then talk, but they might just get through the metal door into the metro tunnels very soon, then he'd have to pack everything up again. So instead he thought he should introduced himself the the other members of this group.

"Hi, I'm Draval." he said to the short bruised man next to him, "you look pretty beat up..."

"I don't care bout dem ard ead space marines i want da city and i don't care bout ow many boyz it takes me ta get it!"
-Agromak orders his boyz to their death

post #34 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-27-12, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

"So you want me to believe that Pride Station needs medical supplies and ammunition?" reply's the guard. "The fact that this crazy is insane because of some shrumes makes sense. What doesn't make sense is the fact that you guys are working for him."
"I'm not insane, not crazy, and I'm not mad!" Kruger is making this encounter stressful and harder then it should be.
"Yeah, whatever you say. Now you go eat some more of your wacky mushrooms while me and this man come to an agreement." The guard waves Kruger off, but Kruger only takes a few steps back and watches. "So getting past this sane man..." says the guard sarcastically; staring at Kruger he continues "If what you are carrying is what you say, then you won't mind if I open it up and have a look?"
"No! The package is mine, you have no right to see what isn't yours!" Kruger yells loudly.
"Well, this raises questions." the guard says to himself, then raises his voice for Kruger to hear "So you're not in fact carrying any of what this man says are you?" this was obviously a rhetorical question. "Well, you almost had me going there didn't you." the guard looks back at Max. "Those kind of speech skills will help you, or hinder you. Unfortunately for you, this time they hinder."

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

Last edited by Jerek Carstien; 02-27-12 at 05:27 PM.
post #35 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-28-12, 03:12 AM

Nikolai watches with some amusement as the confrontation with the guard goes from bad to worse, at this rate, he wouldnt even get five meters out of the station before he was shot by one of Eli's men.

A voice beside him starts talking "Hi, I'm Draval, you look pretty beat up..." With a start Nikolai realises the voice is talking to him, he looks to the side and sees a young man with greasy reddish brown hair.

Looking upon him, Nikloai smiles and replies "thats because I am pretty beat up, word of advice, never get into debt with one of the underground bosses of any station, because you will get the shit beaten out of you about every two days"

Looking back at Kruger and the guard and one of the other couriers with some irritation, Nikolai continues speaking to the man "you know, at this rate, it will be a week before we even leave the bloody station, we need to stop arguing with this guy and sort something out, because i want my bullets"
post #36 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-01-12, 09:33 PM

MaxDemone's Flag is: USA

Max sat and thought for a moment and then stepped towards the guard again. He reached into his satchel and said to the guard. "I'll give you a can of Beef Stew, a can of bug spray and this brand new rifle round if you let us through." holding them out.
post #37 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-01-12, 11:32 PM

Android089's Flag is: Canada

Bribery? That would never work. Maybe the tunnel scum that roamed the metro tunnels would accept that, but guards at a barricade? As Draval was thinking his eyes drifted to a similar spot in the wall. Finally! The secret way out. "I've found it", he whispered to the man next to him not bothering to explain anything. They would need a distraction, and would have to go out one at a time. At least it was a way out. "Follow me". Draval turned and walked towards the man trying to make a bribe, cutting in before the guard could respond: "Never accept a bribe" he laughed "You get a worse deal". Not trying to make sense but rather get away to make sure they didn't get arrested before they even left the station.

"I don't care bout dem ard ead space marines i want da city and i don't care bout ow many boyz it takes me ta get it!"
-Agromak orders his boyz to their death

Last edited by Android089; 03-01-12 at 11:35 PM.
post #38 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-02-12, 01:53 AM

Androv smiled a little to himself, he had seen this happen before back when he himself was a guard. He couldn't say if the guard would take the bribe, it could be that he would just confiscate the offered bribe, and throw the man in the brig.

What confused Androv a bit was the fact that there was only one guard, even thou it was the safe gate, guards should be working in pairs at the very least. Androv had at least never guarded this gate alone. Was it even a guard, was the question that was on Androvs mind.

Walking slowly up to the guard, holding his rifle in a non-threathening manner, but still in a way that made it easy to slam the butt of the rifle into the guards nose, if his suspicions were correct. So while the guard was about to answer the other two men talking with him, Androv cut in.

"You must apologize my companions here, and my employer for not having talked with the Sergeant. Now Im wondering where your fellow guardsman is, I know from back when I was a guard before I became a caravan guard, that every entrance would be guarded by two men at the very least. If I was standing here alone, I would call it in to the sergeant, so he could send a extra man. Covering from some drunken sod of a guard, which you are probably doing, could be the death of you and a lot of people. If mutants or raiders were to come this way, some of them are known to be able to sneak and backstab.
While you are on the horn you can say hello from Old blue Androv, me and the sergeant have guarded this gate back in our youth. And im sure he would appreciate the favour you would do me, letting us get out and do the job we are hired for. And the old coot here, would get back to his hotel room, not making noise attracting mutants to this gate."

Androv spoke, while watching the guards body language closely, was there something that indicated that he might not be a guard, or was he simply a green stupid boy, covering from some of the drunken brutes, that also went by the name guard.

Sneaky Wood Elf.
Give me a 5+ ward save and I can't be killed.
post #39 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-02-12, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

After an attempted bribery from Max, someone trying to disengage everyone from conversation, then being asked a question, the guard manages to fit in a sentence.

"Wow, this is a strange day." the guard says to himself "a refusal to pay the tax, an attempt to converse me, then finally a bribe to convince me to open this gate." the guard turns his attention towards the group of couriers. "I'm very curious as to the contents of that package." The guard eyes the brown paper wrapping that surrounds something that Kruger looks like he would risk his life for. "Anyhow, that can wait until this civilians questions are answered, the guard turns his head towards Androv "Yes, we usually have two guards here, but as you probably don't know, the sergeant has ordered that a squad of guards investigate the northern tunnels for any sign of truth to this mans stories. Now before you ask, the reason we're searching the tunnels for this crazed man and not others... " pointing at Kruger the guard continues "Is because he's not from up north, he's the damn mayor of Pride Station, that's why he's got so much wealth. But that doesn't change the fact that we have laws, and the caravan tax, travelers tax, whatever you call it, is a part of those laws. And, without laws, we have anarchy." the guard has a smug look on his face, staring at Kruger he asks "Isn't that right?"

Kruger backs away two steps until his back hits what looks like a house, he leans up against it and puts his head down. He looks saddened by something.

Max:

Androv:

Nikolai:

Jack:

Trying to slow down the pace of this RP a bit by making the paragraphs longer and more detailed. Sorry if you liked it the other way better, life's catching up to me so this way works better for me. Expect updates every 2-4 days, if it's any longer I should put up a notice specifying why and whatnot.

Last edited by Jerek Carstien; 03-02-12 at 06:16 AM.
post #40 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-02-12, 07:34 AM

MaxDemone's Flag is: USA

Max looks down, contemplating what the guard just said. He then placed what he had pulled from his satchel back inside. He then looked over at Kruger who looked quite distraught. Max then approached Kruger and looked him square in the eye. "Kruger I don't care why you didn't pay the taxes," Max said quietly, "But if we show the guard what's in the package, he might let us through."

I'm fine with it taking a few days for responses, makes it more suspenseful

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode