The Endless Darkness - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-23-12, 06:00 AM

Android089's Flag is: Canada

Draval takes the notebook, giving it a quick glance before he signs below everyone else. Not wanting to talk to his new partners he looks around for somewhere to sit, not finding one Draval reluctantly sits on the ground. He needed something to do. Waiting around doing nothing was never appealing to Draval. Searching his lunch box he found a burnt out light bulb, useless to a normal person but useful for Draval. He went to work pulling out all the insides of the light bulb. Leaving just the outside glass part. If he could find a patch of dry dirt or sand, he could load it into the new glass container and use it like a grenade. Blinding or maybe choking anyone caught in its blast. A long shot but the only other thing Draval could think of was to make it into a container for putting water into then boiling it with his lighter. If the dammed thing would ever work. Draval finished with the light bulb and pulls out his newly fashioned flashlight of sorts. He needed something to mount it on, holding both the battery and the light bulb required both hands, and Draval imagined the light bulb would get pretty hot after being on for to long. He had a platform to put the bulb on, but needed tape to strap the battery onto the bottom of the lantern base. Ah well. He thought, I'm sure ill come across tape soon.

"I don't care bout dem ard ead space marines i want da city and i don't care bout ow many boyz it takes me ta get it!"
-Agromak orders his boyz to their death

Last edited by Android089; 02-23-12 at 11:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-23-12, 02:25 PM

MaxDemone's Flag is: USA

Max watched as the new man signed the paper and sat down to begin toying with a light bulb, Someone good with electronics, we'll need one he thought. He glanced at the other men but couldn't discern anything about what they would bring to the table. He then looked to Kruger.
"May you tell us some of these stories from the North Kruger?" he asked politely.
post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-23-12, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

With two degraded bullets in hand, Kruger walks over to the Mushroom stall and buys a large mushroom, then walks towards the closest fire. He stands over the bin which is burning logs, and pulls out a knife, which he uses to carefully cut the mushroom into slices. After cutting a slice, he puts it on the meshed cover on top of the bin, obviously used as a communal stove. "Well, the first thing about up North, is there's nothing good growing. Just some horrible tasting mushrooms." Kruger pulls slice off the stove, and eats it. "Just like this stuff. Shoulda mixed this in with the soup, wouldn't taste as bad. Anyhow, you've got to eat these mushrooms unless you've brought along a massive supply of food. Cause there ain't no stations up there, no civilization, no people at all really." Kruger eats another slice, cringing at the taste. "So then there's the mutants, but they aren't like the ones down here, they act all strange. They'll still kill you in a second, but it seems like their distracted. Always perking their ears around, assuming their the ones with ears!" Kruger starts laughing again, spitting a bit of mushroom onto the fire.

"So the strangest thing happened to me when a mutant jumped me from behind. It was about to bite my head off, but suddenly it looked back over it's shoulders, and it ran away. I looked, trying to figure out what a mutant would be scared off, those things shouldn't have anything to be scared of; but I didn't see anything except the dark. Then I was overwhelmed by a sense of fear, so I turned around and ran after the mutant. By the time I figured out what I was doing, I wasn't scared anymore. Was a really weird experience, not one I would like to feel again." Kruger finishes off the last piece of his mushroom, then wipes his face clean with his sleeve. "Anyhow, I've gotta think this plan through, is there somewhere I can get a room in this station?" Kruger lifts his head up, and tries to see over the crowds head. "Like that place over there?" He points at a wooden sign with the words Cheapest rooms on station, only eight bullets a night printed on it in messy hand writing. Kruger begins walking towards it "I'll meet you guys at my room there in an hour, this is your last chance to help the locals or buy some shrumes, or whatever you do."

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

Join me in life, or slave for me in death. -Vlad von Carstien

post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 01:06 AM

yoyoyo12365's Flag is: USA

Jack took the notebook last, and quickly read through the names. Nobody that he knew, but then, he mostly stayed home. When he did get out, he didn't often find himself in the company of people this old, either. After a few moments of consideration, Jack signed his name beneath the rest.

He observed as the man, Kruger, got up and began speaking. He spun a tale of some horrible experience from the northern tunnels, talking about a wave of fear of some sort. The man seemed very lucid, but his appearance suggested otherwise.

As the man finished his story, he said that he would be staying at a nearby inn, and to meet him there in an hour. Jack headed toward the man and handed him the book, darting off before anybody could say much of anything to him.

The man had said it would be their last chance to take care of anything, so he went straight to the electronics peddler, and asked after a small battery, looking to repair his dead flashlight.

post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 01:58 AM

Gazing after Kruger, Nikolai again wondered about the sanity of the man. The mutants weren't scared of anything, and Nikolai was tempted to believe that Kruger imagined the entire episode.

As he suddenly felt a wave of disgust sweep over, him Nikolai wondered about the wisdom of doing a job for someone who was so obviously bat shit crazy. But Nikolai had seen with his own eyes the huge amount of wealth Kruger carried around with him, and remembered that no matter what, Nikolai needed to get the hell out of Free Station West.

With that in mind, Nikolai resolutely came to a conclusion and decided that he would see this job through, because he wanted those bullets, and wanted them bad. If he had to, Nikolai would kill for those bullets...
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-25-12, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys. Sorry I couldn't get a post in today, it was a hectic day. I'm trying to go for a post a day, but unfortunately I broke that goal today. Tomorrows update should get you guys heading on your way and get this RP really started. Again, sorry I couldn't fit something in, I've got it in the works though.

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-25-12, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerek Carstien View Post
Hey guys. Sorry I couldn't get a post in today, it was a hectic day. I'm trying to go for a post a day, but unfortunately I broke that goal today. Tomorrows update should get you guys heading on your way and get this RP really started. Again, sorry I couldn't fit something in, I've got it in the works though.
No problem bro. I think we can all wait. I'll be over here for when we get an update.
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-26-12, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

Jack:

The hotel Kruger is staying in is made of an old metro car. All the doors are closed except for the main entrance. The front room looks like it used to be the drivers control room, a woman is standing behind a very small desk beside the entrance into the sitting area of the train, which has been converted into rooms with beds.

The Woman stands up from her small stool and asks "Hello, you all want a room?" she seems quite excited, it would be very rare for so many people to want a room at the same time, and no doubt she thought she would be making at least a dozen bullets. After explaining to her that your group is here to see Kruger the smile disappears, and she leads you through the small doorway into the room area. The rooms all have a blanket covering the entrance, and scrap metal as walls, this is considered privacy, keeping the bed dark, and being unseen. However the sound of boots stepping on cold hard metal is still enough to wake the light sleepers; and if you're a heavy sleeper, you don't last long in the metro. The woman lifts a blanket of one one of the bedrooms. "Oh, sorry, wrong room." She says at the stranger lying on his back, eyes wide open, the stranger closes the blanket again. "Here he is." The woman says, as she sees Krugers familiar face. She begins waking back to the front entrance.

"Ah, you've all made it I see. I've got much to tell you." Kruger is sitting with his feet hanging off the side of a hammock. "But this is hardly a place to hold a conversation with so many of you. Let's head somewhere more open." Kruger hops out of his bed, reaches under the pillow and pulls out a pistol and a flashlight. "Don't want to leave my equipment alone for too long, thief's are everywhere in the metro. Let's go, I'll show you the way to Pride station, and tell you my plan." Kruger walks towards the entrance of the train hotel. Making sure to tip the woman there with a bullet casing. Something that was almost worthless, but still could be used to buy a single small mushroom, or even could be sold to weapon merchants who would attempt to make there own bullets, often without success.

Kruger leads everyone through a maze of shacks constructed of scrap metal and stone, and through crowds of residents. Sometimes he would slip out of sight, but luckily his strange way of walking, where he seems to almost fall over when switching weight to his left foot, kept you on track. Eventually, Kruger gets to the guardian wall, the wall keeping the stations inhabitants safe. It reaches from the tracks on which it rests all the way up to the curved ceiling. Leaving no room for bats, or even the rare flying mutant room to get through. Kruger looks towards the large wooden doors leading out into the tunnels. He to the one guard who looks into the station, rather than out, his job to watch for disturbances, and open the gate for caravans on there way out of the station. He sits on a metal stool next to the gate. "We've got to get outta here, open the gate if you please." Kruger tells the man.
The guard responds to Kruger in a dry grouchy tone, "Let me see your caravan papers."
"Oh, so you let people in without papers, but not out?" Kruger responds.
"Yeah, cause that's what our rules are, now I could be encouraged to take a risk and open the door for ya, but that kind of risk is expensive."
"You want a bribe? These men are hired couriers." Kruger pauses for a moment and points at his group of followers, "If you won't let me out, at least let my workers."
"Hey, wait a sec. I remember you, you've just arrived from the northern tunnel haven't ya? No way your getting through now. Crazies like you would just attract mutants to the gate."
"Crazies! How dare you insult me, I've never been more sane in my entire life!" Kruger starts to raise his voice, and points at the guard trying to intimidate him.
"That's what I'm talking about, see if you were to do this outside the gate, then we'd have mutants coming outta Cursed Station." Cursed Station was once prosperous, but something changed and mutants were drawn to it, killing everyone inside and making it into a mutant nest.

"Damnit, we'll have to find another way out, they won't let you through now that they know you're working for me." Kruger turns his back to the guard and lowers his tone. "Any of you find a way outta this station before?"

Draval:

Max:

Nikolai:

Jack:

Androv:

Last edited by Jerek Carstien; 02-26-12 at 05:00 AM.
post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-26-12, 07:12 AM

Max smiled smuggly, knowing a way to convince the guard, and approached him, "Ignore my friend here, he had a few mushrooms back at the market and is a bit inebriated. In this box," Max pats the package they are meant to deliver. "Is some much needed medical supplies and a bit of ammunition that need to be sent to Pride Station as soon as possible, they have quite the mutant problem up there. So if it wouldn't be so much trouble, we desperately need to pass through. "
post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-26-12, 01:32 PM

Quick Question, what is the name of the Chief of guard. Don't know if he would hold a military/police rank.

Sneaky Wood Elf.
Give me a 5+ ward save and I can't be killed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode