The Endless Darkness - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-21-12, 04:26 AM

Nikolai stumbles out of the alley way and sits with his back against the grimy wall layered with algae and fungus, he slowly closes his eyes and breathes heavily through his bruised ribs. his fingers flit over his body, feeling for bruised or broken spots from the beating that was just administered upon his body. Eli had sent some bruisers to the alley where Nikolai had been sleeping to rough him up a bit, as a bit of an "incentive" to pay him back for all the debts Nikolai had built up in the last few months.

"To hell with that, im not paying that bastard back now" Nikolai resolved before standing up stiffly and and walking slowly towards the center of the market, he needed to figure out a plan to get rid of Eli and make sure those debts would never need to payed. The problem was that every idea could think of ended up with Nikolai being dumped outside the station by Eli's cronies, with nobody being the wiser and although Nikolai wanted Eli dead, he didn't have a death wish.

Suddenly a voice floats across the market "I need couriers for hire! Payment is in standard grade bullets!". Quickly Nikolai makes up his mind, being a courier would get him out of Free Station West, and there were bullets to be had from the sound of it. Threading his way through the crowd, Nikolai finds himself confronted by the veiw of a extremely large, evidently insane man, showing un-degraded bullets to the world. "does he have a death wish, flashing all that wealth around here?" Nikolai mutters to himself, as another man threads his way through the crowd and confronts the man "Hello. What was that about a courier job?" the man mutters. Nikolai pushes through to the insane man and challenges the man "Yes, What was that about a courier job?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Sorry guys, I don't feel like I did that great of a job with my first post in this thread, so from now on, I'll try to make these posts more descriptive and hopefully make this RP funner for you.

"Any takers? I need some couriers to deli-" The man stops his recruitment efforts when the butcher comes back with a steaming bowl of what looks like pork, eggs, and some mushrooms that looked like they could possibly be glowing. He immediately begins eating it the moment the butcher puts the bowl down.
"Hey man, that's three bullets, and you pay before you eat!" The butcher seems to be harsh on the obviously insane man, but that's what life is like in the metro.
"Okay, okay." The man manages to say between spoonfuls of the thick soup. "Here you go" handing the butcher three bullets. After which he starts to feast again.
Max walks towards the man and asks "Hello. What was that about a courier job?".
The man nearly coughs up his meal in surprise. "Already a taker? My day is improving at an alarming rate." He turns his chair towards the new courier, his voice is deep, and it occasionally changes pitch to a higher note before dropping back down to normal. "Names Kruger, and I need you and at least two others to take this package Pride Station." The man lifts the wrapped container towards Max. "And I need you t-"
Before being able to continue Nikolai approuchs and asks "Yes, what was that about a courier job?"
"Well damn!" reply's Kruger, "This could possibly be the best luck of my life, or maybe these mushrooms are making me hallucinate." Kruger laughs at his own joke before continuing. "As I was just saying to this fine young courier here, I need a group of people to take this package to Pride Station. And, I need it there in two days, an hour longer and you don't get payed." Kruger starts to eat his soup again. "Also, in case you wanted something to get you started, then I would recommend talking to the locals, cause there ain't no way I'm giving you anything till the job's done." Kruger wipes some soup from his beard with his sleeve. "Okay, my little rant is over, now if you don't have questions or anything better to do, then I recommend you get looking for a third courier. What say you?"

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

Join me in life, or slave for me in death. -Vlad von Carstien

Last edited by Jerek Carstien; 02-22-12 at 01:30 AM.
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 01:45 AM

yoyoyo12365's Flag is: USA

As Jack approached the old man, he was jostled by passing people. They barely seemed to care that they had almost knocked him over, and nobody spoke a word. His sigh was almost audible, and became so when he saw the man handing a package to a pair of young men.

Jack continued to approach, and waited for a moment, as the man was presently stuffing his face. "Excuse me," Jack said when he felt the man wouldn't choke on his food from it.
"but I was wondering if the courier job was still available."

post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 01:55 AM

MaxDemone's Flag is: USA

Max looked over to the new man who had just approached asking about the courier job. He looked like he could handle himself quite well.

"He seems like he'd be a good 3rd man." Max said motioning to the newest man.
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 02:43 AM

For future reference guys, it might make it a bit more interesting of doing longer paragraphs over a longer time period as this will make things a bit less abrupt

Nikolai steps back from Kruger and studies the other guy that stands beside him. Dark brown hair is covered by a grey hooded sweatshirt and a black t-shirt with a graphic peeps through the gaps in the sweatshirt.

A small and ancient submachine gun is cradled underneath one arm, instinctively Nikolai's hand drifts towards his small pistol nestled against the small of his back underneath his jacket. Sadly he hadnt been able to draw his weapon against the three men who had assaulted him five minutes earliers before his arm got almost wrenched out of its socket by a especially large bastard.

As he thought about the beating, the man standing next to him motioned towards a third man, who had arrived and was offering his assistance "He seems like he'd be a good 3rd man." the man says. Nikolai glances towards the new man, who turned out to be only a kid of about seventeen? eighteen? That seemed like it was a bit young to be wandering the underground of the metro. Nikolai shrugs philospohically, if the kid wanted to kill himself then so be it, as long as Nikolai didnt perish with him.

Aruptly Nikolai turns around walks towards the center of the market. He needed supllies if he wanted to survive "I will be back soon, i still want the job, i just need supplies". he calls back before focusing all his attention on the scene in front of him. 'Steal or Buy, Steal or Buy' Nikolai thought to himself, before deciding that it would be to risky to steal anything, especially since Eli's goons might still be lurking around.

Walking up to a food stall, Nikolai motions towards a bag of dried mushrooms hanging from the back wall of the stall, "one bag, one degraded bullet" he states, as the man turns around, Nikolai's hand flickers out to cover a large mushroom, and draw it back towards his pocket. Old habits die hard.

Last edited by fishstickz-1; 02-22-12 at 02:46 AM.
post #16 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

"Hahaha!" Laughs Kruger intensely, "What a time to be hiring. Three couriers in one day!" Kruger pushes the now empty bowl away from him, knocking it onto the ground. "I must be getting old, I'm very tired, and very full." Kruger pats his belly, then pulls out a note book. "I need you all to sign, but first, who to deliver the package too, how, where, and all that." He starts to write something down on the book with an antique looking pen. "There is a man in Pride Station by the name of Solvaski, he runs the local gun shop with his wife and son. I need this to be in his hands in the next two days. Now I will contact him on the pay radio, so he will be expecting you and will have payment on him, which ,by the way, is a grand sum of five standard bullets a piece." Kruger finishes writing on the note book, and hands it out towards Max. "Sign here, then pass it to one of your new friends."

I've come up with a new system for PC specific comments, and it is below. Please only read what it has for your name, as otherwise it ruins the point of certain perks. To keep things simple, I have changed the font colour to black, so you will have to select the entire sentence to read it, the only part not in black font is the name of the PC. Hope this system works better then my PMing one.

Max: As far as you can tell, Kruger has drawn you a very messy map of the tunnels between Free Station West, and Pride Station.

Nikolai & Jack:The map has been smudged by Krugers messy drawing skills. There is a part of the map that is blotched out completely.

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

Last edited by Jerek Carstien; 02-22-12 at 03:02 AM.
post #17 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 04:04 AM

MaxDemone's Flag is: USA

Max reaches out and takes the notebook and looks at it, attempting to decipher the terribly drawn map.
"What in the fuck is this..." he mumbles to himself under his breath, then shrugs it off and signs it, handing it to Nikolai but still looking at the map, trying his harderst to read what in says. He then hands it to Nikolai and waits for them to finish signing.

Also I like the new system
post #18 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 04:32 AM

Android089's Flag is: Canada

After sitting on the bench for a while Draval looked back at his work. Good enough, he figured. He put the light bulb and battery into his greatcoats right pocket, the biggest pocket. He stood up and began walking home. He heard a crash, something like that wasn't uncommon in the metro tunnels but then he heard someone say they'd like to make a delivery. Draval stopped and headed towards them. Finally a chance to get out of this station. He loved it like his home but had never left it. His parents never wanted him to roam the tunnels "like the rest of the trash" they said. Draval had always wondered what the other tunnels looked like, what kind of treasures they would hold.

He found the source of the sound, from what he could tell there were some people signing a sheet of paper, probably the contract to do this delivery job. Draval walked up to the old man supervising it and stated "I would like to join this operation".

"I don't care bout dem ard ead space marines i want da city and i don't care bout ow many boyz it takes me ta get it!"
-Agromak orders his boyz to their death

post #19 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 07:25 PM

Androv was walking along the corridors of the metro station, towards the market stalls. Androv walked by peoples homes, walked over filth and past pig pens. It was home and Androv was sad to leave, but he felt that he had something to do outside in the dark dangerous tunnels past the light of the stations guards, and the well travelled routes of the caravans, that he just days before had been a part of.

Androv small talked with several guards on his way, he had fought with several of them, against rioteers, criminals, raiders and the occasional mutant attack. Androv was saying goodbye to them all, all knew his plan and knew that his chances for survival was slim at best.

Androv knew that if he was to get a job of the station and get somewhere else, it would be on the marketplace. Some of the guards told him rumours of a new mad man had arrived from the north. The man might hold some useful information or rumours of what happening, was Androvs thoughts as he entered the marketplace.

The Marketplace was as always in the opening hours crowded with people. The odours of burned meat and fried mushrooms competing with the smells of burnt out electronics, which fought the stench of the greasy oil used to maintain weapons and station equipment. Androv had many memories from this place, a hotspot for all the troubles station guards are meant to handle.

As Androv walked among the stalls, he looked for a decent screwdriver, to compliment his wrench. Two tools you could not live without in the tunnels, even thou he wasn't technical minded. His old screwdriver had disappeared probably stolen days before, he just hoped he could find one that wasn't too expensive.

It didn't take long to spot the newcomer, eating at a table by a butchershop. A small crowd had gathered around him, most just to see the newcomer, his size imposing and his talk weird. Androv watched as a few men had approached him, and signed up before he decided to approach the man, that seem to be named Kruger. Five bullets being a good price for a courier job.

"Hello there" Androv said approaching the stranger. "I hope there is room for another courier, five bullets being a decent payment that I can't say no to. Im guessing that you will not tell us what we are transporting, and if the package is broken there will be no payment either. But maybe you could and would tell me a bit of your experience of the North I hear you came from that direction"

Sneaky Wood Elf.
Give me a 5+ ward save and I can't be killed.
post #20 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Standing up, Kruger stretches his arms out and yawns. Suddenly Dravel approuchs him and asks for a position on the couriering team. "Yeah, but I've already got three workers. Don't really need anymore. Unless." Kruger trails off and starts rubbing his beard, as if thinking. "There is a group of people that may try to steal the package while still in transit. I'd think three people would be enough to fend them off. But there's no harm in being double sure. How's about you couriers split into two groups of two. That way there's a chance the thief's will go after the wrong group or even better, not even notice you." The butcher returns to the table at which Kruger was sitting and picks up the bowl off the ground. He puts in a pile with all the other dishes, not bothering to wash it. Water was for drinking only in the metro. "Sound good to you guys?" Kruger pulls out the note book again and hands it to Draval. Of course, I'll need you to sign as well."

While Draval takes the paper, Androv approaches, and after he's finished his questions, Kruger looks back over to Draval and the others. "You know, I think I've just come up with another plan, involving the lot of you." He looks over his shoulder towards a merchant selling mushrooms. "I think I like this one better, but there's some more things I need to think about before I give you my package and send you to Pride Station." Kruger pulls out all the bullets in his pocket, nearly dropping one. He selects two of the poor looking ones and looks back over at the mushroom stall. "I've gotta find a place to rest for the next couple days, know anywhere good?" Kruger asks Androv. "Oh, and I don't think I've introduced myself to you two new comers yet. I'm Kruger. And by the way" Kruger turns back towards Androv "I do have some very interesting stories about up north, and will be glad to tell you all about them before you leave.

Draval:

Last edited by Jerek Carstien; 02-22-12 at 09:31 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode