The Endless Darkness (Loosly based on Metro 2033) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-19-12, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Santaire, if you're interested in joining, I would recommend you post your character before this evening, as that's when I will open the action thread. However, like I said before, the recruitment thread will stay open until the story is about a third done. Don't mean to rush you, just my recommendation.

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

Join me in life, or slave for me in death. -Vlad von Carstien
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-12, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Action thread is up and posted. Please head over and get this RP started.

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-12, 05:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerek Carstien View Post
(the favored minimal sentences is three, but you should also try to make it as long as you can without making it boring.

Just wanted to point out that this is actually wrong. Minimum number of sentences in roleplay threads, unless the GM specifies otherwise, is four sentences.

Note, however, that this does not mean the GM can specify he/she wants fewer than four sentences. Four is always the lowest to be allowed, a GM may specify they expect a minimum greater than this (in my current RP the sentence minimum is ten) but never less.

So in the action thread, all of Max's posts and half of Androids posts violate the minimum. If you want more to add in your posts, description is kind of key in roleplaying, especially online.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-12, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Okay, thanks for that Darkreever, I'll make sure to add more atmosphere into the next post. I release I didn't so a great job on my first post, as it didn't describe the metro as much as it could have. But this is my first time making a Role Play, so I apologize for any lack of details and will try to do better.

post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-12, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Its alright Jerek, we all need to learn at some point right?

As a personal rule of thumb, when it comes to updates from a GM (major ones mind you) I aim for about two times what I expect the players to give me in their own posts.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-20-12, 10:27 PM

MaxDemone's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
[/color]Just wanted to point out that this is actually wrong. Minimum number of sentences in roleplay threads, unless the GM specifies otherwise, is four sentences.

Note, however, that this does not mean the GM can specify he/she wants fewer than four sentences. Four is always the lowest to be allowed, a GM may specify they expect a minimum greater than this (in my current RP the sentence minimum is ten) but never less.

So in the action thread, all of Max's posts and half of Androids posts violate the minimum. If you want more to add in your posts, description is kind of key in roleplaying, especially online.
Should I go and fix mine or just do it correctly on all my other posts?
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 02:48 AM

Hey, I hope there is room for another player. I have written up my character below.

Name: Androv Olak

Looks: A man of average build, Androv doesn't stand out in a crowd. Brownish hair with grey creeping in, a full red beard also with grey streaks. Grey blue eyes, Androv have a constant tired look on him, from a man who have lived to many years in the metro and survived. Androv have many scars across his body from cuts and bullet holes, telling there own story of his fortitude and his age, none have slowed him down or given any other permanent handicap.

Story: Androv have to think hard if he is to remember his childhood, his life have from a young age been about survival, the building up of and the security of Free station west. What he remembers is mostly vague images of his parents, there smiles and there love for him.

Androv have for as long he remembers had a rifle or shotgun in his hand, and loyalty for free station west and its people in his heart. Been a guard in his late teens, to be a caravan guard between the various stations that free station west trades with. A thankless job, he have worked on for a decade, that keeps several stations running, making it possible to trade supplies for much needed food, water and ammunition.

Androv have been in many skirmishes against criminals, raiders, mutants and desperate people. And have somehow survived many wounds to his, even with the substandards of medical and surgical care of the metro stations.

Androv have experienced that the metro tunnels have become more crowded, and he believes the rumors about more mutants underground. Not that he have fought of more mutants than usual, but he have seen refugees travelling the tunnels, ignoring the dangers there is. And heard more stories than he care to admit.

Androv have taught many young men and women to survive the metro and its dangers, and he feels it is the young peoples time to make there mark. That it is there time to keep the station safe, and the caravans running.
He feels that he is becoming to old, and that he soon will be more of a burden for the station than he will be a help. So he has decided to go on his last adventure, hoping that he might figure out what is happening, and then can help his station and friends in some way or another.

Perks: Rifle Training, Melee Training, Survival and Operate Machinery.

Equipment: Strained grey shirt, black jacket with several patches, brown pants, hiking boots, black toque.

Repaired rifle, twenty eight degraded rifle rounds, combat knife

One bag of dried mushrooms, two large mushrooms

Rusty Swiss army knife, small water bottle, very rare tinderbox and four matches, a wrench, all held within a black bag.

Sneaky Wood Elf.
Give me a 5+ ward save and I can't be killed.

Last edited by Anilar; 02-22-12 at 06:19 PM.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Anilar, I've sent the PM with your gear in it. Thank you for joining this RP.

Unfortunately, I think five people is the most I can handle. So this thread should be considered closed until someone already in the RP drops out.

post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 06:26 PM

I believe you can change the title of this thread, where you can write recruitment closed or something.

Most other RP's keep continuing using the Recruitment thread for any /ooc talk, so the RP thread is kept clean of questions and similar. But I can do your colour thing in the RP thread no problem, just informing you what others do.

The name with black text is a good idea, if people have discipline enough to read only what they should read. Serpion5 does something similar, but he somehow, (don't know how) makes a little tab beside the name, where spoiler is written. When clicked it opens a little box where the text is written. Not that it will stop people from reading if they want to read, but it might just feel nicer.

Finally thanks for letting me join, ill read up on the RP and see if I can write up a post.

Sneaky Wood Elf.
Give me a 5+ ward save and I can't be killed.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-22-12, 06:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anilar View Post
I believe you can change the title of this thread, where you can write recruitment closed or something.
Generally only site staff ever have the ability to change a thread title, and that is the case here on Heresy.

Quote:
The name with black text is a good idea, if people have discipline enough to read only what they should read.
In an ideal world it won't matter, and in general it should not matter if you read someone else's update since you can't act on it anyway. (Unless you and another person have the exact same update of course.)

Quote:
Serpion5 does something similar, but he somehow, (don't know how) makes a little tab beside the name, where spoiler is written. When clicked it opens a little box where the text is written. Not that it will stop people from reading if they want to read, but it might just feel nicer.
That would be Serpion adding spoiler tags, done in the same way you add quote or url tags.

That being you type spoiler (or quote, or url) in between a pair of brackets at the start of the text you want to hide and then /spoiler (or /quote, or /url) in brackets at the end of it. (Should look like [ spoiler ][ /spoiler ] but remove the spaces to make it work.)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode