The Endless Darkness (Loosly based on Metro 2033) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

yoyoyo12365, I've sent you a private message with your equipment in it.

Thank you for joining this RP.

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

Join me in life, or slave for me in death. -Vlad von Carstien
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

While plotting out the story for this RP, I've thought of some additional rules that I would like everyone to read.

Additional Rules

In Character Chat, Out of Character Chat, and Questions

In Character Chat: This is what 98% of the RP should be in. If your character wants to ask "How much for that rifle?" Then this is In Character Chat. ICC shouldn't be a modified colour.

Out of Character Chat: This is when you want to tell a player (not his/her character) something. Like announcing that you won't be able to post on the RP tomorrow. Out of Character Chat (OCC) should be shown in green font colour.

Questions: This is for questions directed at me, so things like "I want to shoot that mutant, but did it dart around the corner or can I still see it?". Questions should be shown in blue font colour.

Additional Rules

Preforming Actions: When a character preforms an action that would require something to do with a perk (eg. Fixing a broken flashlight) then they have to finish there entry into the action thread without a result. Example:

What not to do:
"After pulling all the necessary gear out of my backpack, I begin working on fixing this broken flashlight. It appears that the wires are broken, and are easily replaced (-1 extra wiring).

What to do instead:
"After pulling all the necessary gear out of my backpack, I begin working on fixing this broken flashlight. I wonder what's wrong with it, so open it up to find out..."

To which I will respond:
"It appears that the wires are broken and should be easily replaced. (-1 extra wiring)."

You will then have the option of: a. Replace the broken wires and remove the extra wiring from your inventory (I will keep track of this in case you don't want too). Or b. Decide that the extra wiring could be better used elsewhere and pack all the gear back up.

Also note: This rule applies to everything that would require a perk to be used. Opening a door (if you can find one) doesn't require the use of this rule for example.

Edit: We have four players, this is enough to get started, but before we do, I want to ask every member if they think four is enough, or if they would like to wait for more. So please respond ASAP as I will wait for everyone to have a say before I start the action thread.

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

Last edited by Jerek Carstien; 02-18-12 at 03:29 AM.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 05:01 AM

MaxDemone's Flag is: USA

I think 4 is enough. That's usually how many there were for other RPs I've been in.

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 05:43 AM

yoyoyo12365's Flag is: USA

4 should be good... Yeah.

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 03:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Depends if you plan on completely closing your recruitment once you start the action thread or not. If not, then four shouldn't be to bad and others can join in later. Bringing new players into the story is not very hard, assuming you don't make it hard. (If a new player brings in a character, its easier to just treat the character as if they had always been there. They get to know the same general information the other characters do, whats happened, and there is no need for an awkward introduction phase.)

If you are planning to close recruitment, so that no one else can join in, then do realize that should any of your four players drop out (and please no one try the bullshit that such a thing won't happen because it can and does) the effort put in to keep things going may not be worth it. Closing recruitment after a certain point in the story is understandable, if 75% of the story is complete and someone new comes in, there is little chance of that character developing well enough.

As for these characters, you guys might want to give a bit more for your respective appearances.

I mean honestly -

Draval: So I know the colour of his hair and that its greasy, that he is frail and that he has pale skin. But thats it; so for all I know he is a pale blue dwarf of three feet with no eyes and a beard to the floor.

Max: Other than what little there is, he must be an eight foot tall orange skinned gorilla of an individual with corn rows and no teeth.

Nikolai: Actually has a bit more, so I'm just going to guess he is albino or something.

Jack: Well you might as well read Draval and Max and take what you think is funniest from the pair.

My point in all this being that they could stand to have a bit more in regards to what your characters look like. It might make interacting with each other a little easier.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Darkreever made some pretty good points. I think I will leave the Recruitment thread open till the story is about 35% done, from that point it'll just be whoever is already in.

The part about appearance is entirety left up to you though. I won't force you to rewrite it.

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 06:12 PM

MaxDemone's Flag is: USA

That made me laugh harder than it should have.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-18-12, 11:06 PM

hmm i may try put a bit more information into my character
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-19-12, 05:55 PM

Android089's Flag is: Canada

Let's go with 4 people.

"I don't care bout dem ard ead space marines i want da city and i don't care bout ow many boyz it takes me ta get it!"
-Agromak orders his boyz to their death

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-19-12, 06:14 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well, for some bizare reason this has interested me. I may post up a character in due course.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode