Hell is Empty: A Superhero RP (Recruitment) - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 123 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 12:13 AM

I'm very tempted to join this, but I've already got a RP up with me as GM. I've never done a RP before, neither have I played in one thus far. Would it be a bad idea to join this RP and potentially get overwhelmed? Should I just play it safe and only be GM?

Like I said, I've never been in a RP or GMed one before (except for the one I've already got going), so I'm not sure how much effort and time it takes to play.

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

Join me in life, or slave for me in death. -Vlad von Carstien
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 123 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 12:24 AM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

If you are concerned about it, I think you may have answered your own question. Only you can know your limits. Participating in multiple RPs takes commitment and time and only you know how much of both you possess.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #53 of 123 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

Scathainn's Flag is: Norway

We are still accepting people, so feel free to throw up a character!

Other members: the action thread should be up on or before Sunday.

And what shoulder, & what art. Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat, What dread hand? & what dread feet?
What the hammer? what the chain? In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp, Dare its deadly terrors clasp?
When the stars threw down their spears, And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see? Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

post #54 of 123 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 05:37 AM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scathainn View Post
We are still accepting people, so feel free to throw up a character!

Other members: the action thread should be up on or before Sunday.
sweet!

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #55 of 123 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 03:26 PM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Okay he's my character. Looking forward to this.

Nationality: American

Alias: The Fool

Physical Appearance: Physically he’s a slim man of average height with grey eyes. His auburn hair is shoulder length and unkempt adding to his general dirty and disheveled look. The clothes he wears are shabby and ragged like any typical homeless man. He favors a brown coat with a high collar that he always keeps up and an old red scarf he always wears around his mouth. The scarf hides jagged scars running from the corners of his mouth to his cheeks, giving him the appearance that he’s always smiling.

Alias Appearance: As the Fool he wears a baggy and colorful yet ragged and patched clown costume. The left leg, right side of the chest and arm are covered in a blue and red diamond pattern while the right leg, left arm and chest have yellow and purple strips running down them. On his face is a grinning porcelain mask, above it a jester’s cap. Out of place in the attire is his leather boots, gloves and belt which are more practical than their costume counterparts.

Equipment: a set of throwing knives, lockpick set, a rope and grappling hook all of which hang from his belt.

Powers: None. However due to his childhood in the circus he is a skilled acrobat, actor, knife thrower and lockpick.

Personality: As the Fool he appears much like his namesake, the silly, flamboyant clown. From taunting of his foes to the mocking manner of his heists, seemingly everything he does is over the top. More than few have thought he was a lunatic in mask, never realizing the full scope of his act. His exaggerated persona has been carefully crafted with the intention of distracting and misleading his foes.

When his mask comes off William becomes his true self a quiet and subdued man with a great heart. The scars of his past have made him into a bit of a loner. But despite that he genuinely cares for whom he considers the forgotten majority of America, the people that through no fault of their own are struggling each and every day to feed their families. William believes that if no one else is willing to help them than he will. Those who like him try to help the less fortunate have his respect while those who would mislead and use them for their own gain are among those he hates the most.

However there is an underlying bitterness and anger within him towards the world and the state of it. He no longer respects authority and law enforcement, considering them all either completely corrupt or just indifferent to the suffering people. But it is mobsters that he hates with an absolute passion and on more than a few occasions he has ‘excessively’ beaten mob thugs.

Alignment: Hero—everything the Fool does is not for himself but the poor and homeless. Though he may steal, it’s only from those who deserve it and he never spends it on himself.

Background: William’s family was the owners and performers of the Dancing Faerie Troupe, a traveling circus on the East Coast. While they never made a great deal of money they were happy with their lives. William’s childhood was spent learning the tools of the trade and from an early age he was a part of the show. He tried his hand at many acts in circus but he always loved playing the clown the most. He was never happier than when he was making people laugh.

However that all changed with the Great Depression, audience numbers rapidly dropped and it wasn’t long before the circus was struggling to stay afloat like so many others. Worse unbeknownst to the rest of the family, William’s uncle, the Ringmaster and head of the family had been borrowing money from the New York mob. Eventually he could no long keep his debt collectors at bay and in one bloody night in December 1929 they tracked down the circus and when he couldn’t pay them the mobsters started taking it out on the rest of the family. One thug amused at the clown makeup William had been wearing for a performance earlier that night took a knife to his face, deciding that he should ‘better look the part of the fool’. When it became clear that the circus would not be able to pay their debts the mobsters decided to finish them off and set fire to the circus’s tent to cover their crimes. Somehow William, shot and bloody, managed to drag himself from the fire and find help. But when firefighters arrived it was already too late, his entire family was dead, either killed directly by the mobsters or in the fire they started.

Penniless and homeless William drifted into one of the countless shantytowns erected by the poor. Like so many others he did what he could for money and food, carrying out odd jobs and street performances. During that time he experienced firsthand the abuses the rich inflicted upon the downtrodden, mobsters demanding protection money from the shantytowns, rich men offering hard and difficult work while only paying barely anything in return. Eventually he could no longer stomach these abuses on innocent, hard working people and vowed to do something about it. Donning an old clown outfit he went out into the night, sending several mob thugs to the hospital while stealing from them. The following day he used the money to buy food for the people of his shantytown. It wasn’t much but it was enough for a decent meal. After that if those with the power and the money weren’t going to help those without he would. Every night he would don his costume, becoming the Fool a modern day Robin Hood, protecting the poor and stealing from those would abuse them. Among the poor, tales of his exploits have traveled across the US, making him into a folkhero. To authorities he’s a dangerous thief and vigilante while organized crime groups outright hate him and more than a few mob boss have bounties on him for past offenses.

For months now he has been traveling from America’s great cities, helping those in need whenever he could. Dustbowl is merely the latest in the cities he has been to. Though he’s only been in the city for a week and a half, he has already established a degree of infamy among the local law enforcement and organized crime circles.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #56 of 123 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 03:36 PM

I just said screw it, and am making a villain character. I'll have it posted by the end of the day. Akatsuki13 used some of the same ideas as me, so I'll change mine a bit so we don't look like the exact same character.

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

post #57 of 123 (permalink) Old 02-24-12, 11:35 PM

Alright! Anoter hero! So,we have the nature loving Sinopa, The cold and sarcastic Hail, and the Fool, I am senseing the begingings of a epic superhero Trio....

Also,Jerek, glad to see we are getting a Villain, I am excited to see Hail's Possible nemisis...
post #58 of 123 (permalink) Old 02-25-12, 04:57 AM

Okay, giving this a shot.

Nationality: Canadian

Alias: John Smith

Physical Appearance: Jason's body is heavily scared from several close combat encounters, the most notable being a scar running from his right eye down to the bottom of his right cheek. Jason has long hair that runs down to his shoulder, and a rough beard. His voice is harsh, and he enunciates every word. When speaking to a single person, Jason tends to stare straight at them, scaring mostly everyone who engages him in conversation. Jason mostly wears whatever can be bought at a thrift store, most of the time it's dirty sweat pants and a stained jacket.

Alias Appearance: In costume, John appears in a large trench coat which he leaves open. His face and hair covered by a cloth mask, leaving only his eyes visible. He wears a vest with several pockets under his greatcoat, which he uses for storing all his equipment.

Equipment: Flashlight, Ross Rifle Mark 3B, Dagger, Notepad and Pen.

Powers: None

Personality: John could be called a psychopathic criminal vigilante. He mugs people for money, then sometimes shoots them afterwords if they give him trouble. Jason has great aim with his rifle, so sometimes will even sell his skills as a mercenary, but only if it's for a private customer, as he refuses all jobs offered upon him by large criminal lords.

John lives on the street, not because he can't afford an apartment, but rather because he doesn't want to be noticed by anyone. More comfortable in the shadows of the city then anywhere else. Even though the darkness is where John lives, he isn't a sneaky type, he would rather combat his problems head on.

Alignment: Villain

Background: John was brought to Dustbowl by his parents who wanted to start a new drug trade. He was raised thinking that this was a legitimate source of income, and did deliveries for his parents as early as ten years old. One night he woke up to shooting, and found both his parents dying. He soon discovered that a competing trade business had wanted to eliminate competition, and that a someone with with special powers had assisted in the murders.

Although John was a drug trader, he never turned to murder until that day. He went to his fathers weapon stash and pulled out his favorite rifle, then put on his fathers great coat. John managed to escape the house just before the other drug lords set it on fire. Ever since then John has hated all crime except his own, and everyone with powers that were used openly.

Johns real name was Jason Scott, but he changed it to John Smith after his house was burnt down, leaving him homeless. John has never bought anything that requires an ID check, and lives on the street; he moves around from location to location, fearing the drug lords will try to kill him like they did his parents. He hopes that they thought he died in the fire.

Hope this is okay. Tried to change a bit from what I had before, but I'm not sure how well it mends together.

Last edited by Jerek Carstien; 02-26-12 at 12:41 AM.
post #59 of 123 (permalink) Old 02-25-12, 02:12 PM

Jackinator's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have a question, you say he hates everyone with powers, but what if he doesn't know someone has powers? Genius level intellect is hardly a physically obvious power (or necessarily a 'power', Sherlock Holmes was no super hero), nor is hypnotism, I'm assuming you would work with people if you didn't know they had powers?

post #60 of 123 (permalink) Old 02-26-12, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackinator View Post
I have a question, you say he hates everyone with powers, but what if he doesn't know someone has powers? Genius level intellect is hardly a physically obvious power (or necessarily a 'power', Sherlock Holmes was no super hero), nor is hypnotism, I'm assuming you would work with people if you didn't know they had powers?
Yes, I should have made that more clear. Although John is paranoid, he still assumes everyone is powerless, unless they use there powers openly. Like The Wraiths power John wouldn't know about, even if in use. However Hails power is obvious, thus John would have a strong dislike for him.

Edited my OP to be more clear.

Last edited by Jerek Carstien; 02-26-12 at 12:41 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode