The Aleron Factor- A Post Modern RP (Action Thread) - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-10-12, 05:33 PM

Buck could feel the spirit of the Valkyries had been lifted somewhat. The hot soup providing new energy for those that had some. The new mission parameters giving everybody a purpose, alleviating the stress and boredom of just waiting, partly by giving everybody something else to think about, than the death and disappearance of several squad members.

Buck spend sometime getting reacquainted with a old M16A2 assault rifle, not uncommon among the cartel forces. His own weapons would clearly indicate NAFI involvement, which would defeat the purpose of laying blame on the cartels. Also adding a beretta handgun to his arsenal of weapons, Buck felt he was ready for this mission. Then he went through the supplies of explosives, finding anything old fashioned, dynamite sticks and old type plastic explosives. Creating a dozen or so remote controlled packages, that quickly could be placed on vehicles or other things that needed to be blasted with an explosion.

Packing the vehicle, so the explosives was hidden from plain sight and for anyone looking into the car from the front windows, which was would most likely happen if they were to encounter some ACS patrols. Buck did not bother to hiding the weapons so much, they were are after all a couple of cartel members invited to talks with the ACS leadership.

But it seemed that Buck didn't need to hide his stuff that well, the drive towards the waiting point before the warehouse was peaceful. Passing a few patrols on the way, that didn't bother with the SUV driving past them. Thor and Buck being quiet the whole trip, Thor busy studying his tablet, with what Buck assumed was intel on Thor's cover.

Finding a dark alley connected to the main road towards the warehouse, Buck parked the vehicle, so Thor and he could follow the traffic to the warehouse, untill everyone was ready and the meeting was to begin.
Buck watched Thor study his tablet in silence for a few minutes, Buck guessing this time would be as good as anyone to get clarification on a few questions he had to the mission.

"Whats the plan Thor when we arrive, do you want me to place explosives on the enemy vehicles if possible, in case we need to make a get away?"

Thor still looking at his tablet reading, his tone a matter of fact almost casual

"There will be no quick get away, if something goes wrong, I will be taken or killed. You follow your orders, lock the building down, no one..."

Buck noticing Thor twitch one eye glaring up at him "..and I mean no one leaves alive"

Buck looking out on the road a SUV pass them by, not noticing them.

"I see you and Odin believe that the chaos between the ACS and the Cartels that your death can bring is more important than your life. Im inclined to disagree, guess thats why im not the boss" A quirky smile on Bucks lips. "Explosives on the building then, and if there is some sewer tunnels, some nice explosive marbles to close them off if necessary. You want a marble to tail you inside Thor?"

Thor putting the tablet away in the glove compartment, looked up with eyes that are half irritated half tired.

"You can shove marbles up Hale's arse for all i care, but if one gets spotted I swear to every deity that may or may not exist I will make you regret the day your parents condom broke"

Thor threw himself back in his seat closing his eyes.

"I've been fighting this war for longer than I can remember, I've seen men that make us both combined look like girls skipping through a meadow. They died for what they believed in, wouldn't you?"

"I would sir." Buck answered a little sliver of sadness in his voice. "And im sad to think that you would need to ask that question. I grew up in ACS territory, and was rescued by a squad much like ours. Its just that I know you have done more good for the civilian people in any territory with a knife, than I could ever do with a endless supply of explosives, that is why I know our cause will suffer if you were to die, others will try and walk your shoes, and some will succeed to some degree, but you and Odin are the heart and soul of the valkyries. Im just the friendly pad on the shoulder guy."
Turning his head to watch Thor.
"And back to mission, im still trying to remember last time when one of my marbles was spotted before they were meant to be spotted, and on the subject of me regretting my parents broken condem, that have happened several time during drills, so nothing new there."

Thor made a odd sound, the sound that Buck could only assume would be restrained laughter from a man not used to laugh or smile.

"Nothing gets you down does it Buck. I must be fucking loosing it"

Buck seeing Thor shaking his head before he continued

"Your a good man, but good men don't make good soldiers. Good men won't shoot the child with a gun in his hands, good men, won't leave the woman drowning in the water"

Thor's eyes glazing over, Buck recognising the look Thor got when he was backflashing, and as usual there was no regret painted in his face.

"I have and I would again. My knife works for hate... its motives might coincide with good, but that is not what drives it into flesh"

Thor looked back up, his eyes and face returning to the usual now its business time.

"Do what you think is right, if you want to marble the cars, marble the cars, you want to put one in with me, put one in with me. Just know, the price"

Buck watching Thor make the threat of a hand drawn across his throat, no mistaking his intent, if Buck made a mistake.

Another SUV passing by out on the street, Buck not fooling himself on the seriousness of Thor's threat, his mind going to his wife and children.

"Just promis me one thing Sir. Nomatter how im killed, tell my wife and kids I made you laugh."

Thor hissed something, just loud enough to be heard but impossible to say who's ears it was intended to be for.

"And if i die, don't let odin try to avenge me"

With a shake of his head Thor seemed to be back in the world, wondering if he was aware of what he had just said, his leering smile hiding his emotions.

"your crowning achievement huh?"

With a big smile on his face, the way everyone would recognise Buck.

"Orders from the highest place sir." Looking at his watch, Buck asked into the air. "So Thor when is it time for us to start the show."

"We'll give it 5, if nothing goes wrong, we tail the acs to the nearest check point and go to town. You've got the lead then, newbies and me, you point we shoot. Your the demolition expert, but I want it spectacular."

Thor answered.

"Ill make it say boom Thor, and it will big and huge and very Cartel like. If I make it too fancy they will know it wasn't cartel business."

Buck knowing his allready prepared explosive would do the trick.

"Good, just make sure there is a video camera left, we're putting on a show, no good if no one sees it"

Thor repeating the order Odin had given earlier during the briefing.

"What I wouldn't give for a old fashioned RPG launcher. It would work wonders in this scenario."

Buck nodded to himself, evident that his head is busy planning various possibilites.

Thor continued.

"Check the cars when we arrive, who knows what surprises they have in there"

Buck still nodding.

"Check the cars, if surprising ill change the surprise around on our opposition. You just give the order when you wan't to move out Thor."

"I'm tired of waiting lets go"

Thor clasped a hand on bucks shoulder, his hand moving away shortly after.

"Good hunting"

"You too sir"

Buck answered as he started the car up, pulling slowly out on the street. Setting course towards the nearby warehouse of the meeting.

As they arrived Buck counted eight other vehicles on the parking lot outside the warehouse. Buck parked so he could quickly pull the car up, so he and Thor could make a quick escape if needed. As Thor walked towards the entrance to the warehouse, Buck released one of his marbles. It was programmed for maximum disorientation, smoke, loud bang and powerful flash. Buck quickly gave it a bit of dark paint, without compromising its electronics that made it possible for Buck to move it around. He let it climp high up the warehouse, and found a open window he let it climb inside. As it slid inside Buck got another idea, contacting Loki silently.

"Loki I have moved a marble inside the warehouse, my frequency to it is 65,2 im sure you can piggyride it to see what it and I see too."

Buck made sure the marble stayed to shadows, away from loose objects and light sources. While he tracked where Thor went and where the meeting took place, ready to drop and intervene if it seemed necessary, If nothing else it would provide a distraction if Thor should be compromised. Without proving a threat to Spectre on the roof, thou he still let her know that the marble was in there, and what he had programmed it for.

All the while he controlled the marble, Buck also looked to the other parked vehicles. They were all empty, which told Buck the other Cartel and ACS people were more concerned of what would happen inside that out here. Without noise Buck planted various configurations of explosive on all eight vehicles, he also planted them different places. Some underneath the vehicles, some inside the vehicles, the ones he could enter without setting of any alarms, his bomb tools making for decent lockpicks on uncomplicated locks.

If any of the explosives would be found and compared, none of them looked the same or used the same timer, so even thou they openly would suspect one bomberman. There paranoia should still keep them from truly believe that, and the type of explosives should make them believe that cartel families was after them. Maybe trying to sweeten the deal with the ACS.

Buck didn't see anything indicating that sewers or other tunnels would run beneath the warehouse, so he let the other of his marbles stay with him. As he was finishing his work, Buck started to analyze the warehouse for structural weaknesses to exploit if needed, but mostly he followed his marble inside the building looking for any signs of problems during the meeting.

Sneaky Wood Elf.
Give me a 5+ ward save and I can't be killed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 04:22 PM
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

Alexander hated small spaces. And the seat he was squeezed into in the S.U.V was far too small for his huge frame. To make matters worse Alexander's trusted miniguns, which he lovingly called Emma and Elliot, where in the boot, not at his side. He always got twitchy when his guns weren’t within easy reach. The tiny view he could get wasn’t helping either. He cursed his luck as the other car car drew up and Alexander watched Thor sprint towards the building. The disguise was good and Al didn’t recognize Thor as he made his way into the building. Alexander knew that now that the meeting had begunt here was nothing to do but wait. And he hated waiting. He began to drum his fingers on the dashboards, the drumming of his fingers loud in the silence. His Scottish heritage shone through as he began to mummer as his fingers drummed a beat.

“O Flower of Scotland, When will we see. Your like again,That fought and died for,Your wee bit Hill and Glen, And stood against him, Proud Edward's Army”

He allowed himself a smile as he spoke the line that had been born from the football and rugby matches of old.

“Bastards”

He then continued to finish the verse.

“And sent him homeward, Tae think again.”

Alexander smiled broadly. He knew that no matter where he went and who he met, Caledonia was everything he’d ever have. And then he sung again.

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
post #83 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 11:36 PM

flash43's Flag is: Scotland

Andrew sat in the drivers seat, and shifted uncomfortably, his eyes flicked to the movement of Thor, running up to the building on their right. He checked over his weapons for the third time; checking his shotgun's solid shot magazine was properly loaded, and placed it back in the foot well, ensuring the safety was on as he did so. He reached down to 'Delphi' his rifle, stuck into a holster on his right lower leg. He took off the site, and checked its focus. suddenly Al began to sing their proud national anthem under his breath, joining in himself on "That fought and died for". Relishing 'Bastards!' just as much as his brother, who was squeezed painfully into the front passenger seat. as they rounded off the verse, both smiling inanely, Breaker began to check over his Bo staff, ensuring the power cells were correctly installed and set to the right level. His brother had continued singing, the second verse being rounded off in a mock operatic tone.
Andrew laughed and said; "Time for the Scots to show these Yankees what we've got eh brother!?" with that he locked his Bo staff back in its holster, like his assault rifle's, it was attached to his leg, but this time on the side of the thigh. It was a special design, holding the staff at each end, but leaving the center free. the holster had a fabric lined, leather tube at each end, the lower of which moved down, hen Andrew grabbed his staff and pushed it down, freeing it from the upper tube and allowing him to then pull it up and out of the lower tube. He was proud of it as he had designed it himself.

"Those are Eldar? I thought they'd be taller!" Unknown Guardsman
IN YOUR FACE REALITY!

post #84 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-15-12, 08:19 PM

Jackinator's Flag is: United Kingdom

The SUV rumbled into the warehouse, disturbing my thoughts. I cursed myself internally, these reflective moments were becoming more and more frequent and if I wasn't careful I was going to come out of one to discover a barrel resting against my forehead. I reached out and patted the barrel of my rocket launcher, it's weight and solidity was reassuring, as well as the imminent destruction it's bulky shadow promised. I had laid out three grenades on the crate next to me, they were all the old fashioned fragmentation type, ring pull and antique, but utterly lethal.

There was an antique MP5K next to them, with two magazines. It wouldn't last long, the weapon was vicious at close quarters, but with such a short barrel became an irrelevance at any range past that. As Thor made his way inside I watched Buck move around the other vehicles, planting explosives, I'd already spotted and rigged the key points of the building myself, if something went wrong I was going to bring it down on their filthy heads.

And that's where I made another mistake, would he be here? If I had the shot could I pull the trigger, shit, could I blow the building if I knew he was here. I knew what he'd done, I knew he deserved to die, had to die if our ultimate mission was to succeed. I just didn't know if I could do it, he was my father, I hated him, but I loved him too.

I put it out of my mind, it wouldn't come to that, I wouldn't have to make that choice. I just had to sit tight and wait for Odins signal. I eye left and right, picking Hermes and Loki out of the shadows, they both look ready and I pick up the submachine gun and step back, further into the shadows.

post #85 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-20-12, 11:15 PM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

Spectre offered him words he didn't hear, his attention lingering within the room with Odin, the words they had spoken, the commitments he had made, the weight of their consequence a deep weight upon his shoulder. His life was in his hands, his own blood dripping through his fingers, for the first time he was having doubts about his team, about the resolution and ability of those around him and he was throwing himself onto the fire.

2 he barely knew, a girl with no balls and a weak stomach and a man with an irritating grin and a kind heart his safety net from grasping hungry flames. Flames he could not be allowed to linger in, if Hale got his hands on Thor, Thor knew he would know pain, Thor knew it would be a battle amongst wills, in bodily strength he could tear Hale limb from limb, but in mind, they were one and the same, ruthless, hateful devoid of compassion or love.

Perhaps Hale was even more ruthless, deceit and treachery allowing him to cross lines Thor could not even see.

Death would be a mercy over life in such clutches.

He went to Loki first, the cyber tech hunched over his equipment muttering and hissing as he tapped with feverish intensity. He watched him, embracing the rythmic clicking of keys, the oneness within the silence. He did not understand the cybertech, the two living in different worlds, Loki's very existence as foreign as the scroll of zero's and ones flashing across the screen an endless waterfall of data that he could not begin to comprehend.

He felt his eyebrow raised even as he shock his head to rid himself of the hypnotic clicking, to stir himself from the scrawling numbers before his eyes.

Fuck it... Loki could keep clicking, he'd keep stabbing.

It was seconds before he realised the frantic fingers had come to a halt, a moment of pause or a natural stopping point giving Thor his moment to speak.

"I want everything you can find on the Escobar family, past, present and future and I want it an hour ago.... capiche?"

He did not wait to see if Loki acknowledged his order, he expected, Loki rarely failed to deliver.
__________________________________________________ ________
Close to the van he checked his gear, hands running over foreign features, the feel of his distended brow of wild untamed hair upon his chin, unnerving, as if he had been maimed. His eyes found the floor with a furrowed brown even as a hand clasped him on the shoulder, his impulse reaction stalled as he felt it rest there longer than a simple friendly gesture. The pressure of the fingers were familiar, a quick turn of his head took Odin into full profile. His stance, his eyes, a simple twist at the corner of his lips conveying everything that need to be said, the bond of friendship, the confidence of two soldiers, the hope they would live to clasp shoulders again

"Good hunting old friend. We will have your back if things get sticky."

An eyebrow raised as he looked at the Colonel and his voice half laughed even as he dropped his voice to a mutter, the words of Odin and Odin alone

"If things get" the word caused his own lips to twitch, his voice rye

"sticky, are you prepared to do what needs to be done"
He met his friends gaze
"you know you can't let hale take me"

Steel, softened by a hint of emotion gleamed in Odin's eyes, resigning himself to a simple jerking nod, the motion forced by duty through pain. It was met by granite, emotionless and impregnable

"good, make spectre do it."

Odin features twitched once more in a small knowing smile, even as Thor's grin grew sadistically in an impish leer

"what... i want it to be clean"
__________________________________________________ ___
"Whats the plan Thor when we arrive, do you want me to place explosives on the enemy vehicles if possible, in case we need to make a get away?"

Buck's voice split the silence, breaking his attention from the tablet Loki, he had given him, the information solid and vital to his survival. Cars had passed him, whole groups of cartel foot soldiers surrounding their charges, the ease with which they strode through the doors making his eyebrow raise.

Hale's security was that lax, or so sophisticated it could be that unobtrusive?

"There will be no quick get away, if something goes wrong, I will be taken or killed. You follow your orders, lock the building down, no one..."

One eye flickered up to glare at the smiling face across from him "..and I mean no one leaves alive"

The smile never wavered even as he looked back out the window eyes narrowing as the fixed upon the doorway, his mind already readying for a mental joust with Hale, some task, some trick...

"I see you and Odin believe that the chaos between the ACS and the Cartels that your death can bring is more important than your life. Im inclined to disagree, guess thats why im not the boss"

Did the fucker ever stop smiling? Did he take anything seriously, or did something in his head make him see the best in this fucked up shit hole of a country. Thor stared resolutely out the window even as the cheery voice perked up once more

"Explosives on the building then, and if there is some sewer tunnels, some nice explosive marbles to close them off if necessary. You want a marble to tail you inside Thor?"

The voice was grating, insistent and eager, dragging his attention away from the information before him, like a willful puppy tugging at a shirt. Slowly he stored the tablet away in the glove compartment, the features before him leaving him half irritated, half tired.

"You can shove marbles up Hale's arse for all i care, but if one gets spotted I swear to every deity that may or may not exist I will make you regret the day your parents condom broke"

Thor threw himself back in his seat closing his eyes. Was his life important too him... compared to this, compared to the endgame, to the last stages of a war he had been fighting since he had been a boy.

"I've been fighting this war for longer than I can remember, I've seen men that make us both combined look like girls skipping through a meadow. They died for what they believed in, wouldn't you?"

"I would sir."

For the first time he seemed sad, something other than mindless optimism in his voice, a slither of dissapointment in the gruff tones

"And im sad to think that you would need to ask that question. I grew up in ACS territory, and was rescued by a squad much like ours. Its just that I know you have done more good for the civilian people in any territory with a knife, than I could ever do with a endless supply of explosives, that is why I know our cause will suffer if you were to die, others will try and walk your shoes, and some will succeed to some degree, but you and Odin are the heart and soul of the valkyries. Im just the friendly pad on the shoulder guy."

Thor opened his mouth to speak but Buck over rode him, the words seeming to spill out

"And back to mission, im still trying to remember last time when one of my marbles was spotted before they were meant to be spotted, and on the subject of me regretting my parents broken condem, that have happened several time during drills, so nothing new there."

Thor felt himself laugh, an odd exasperated chuckle escaping from between his lips

"Nothing gets you down does it Buck. I must be fucking loosing it"

He shook his head even as he looked at him in earnest, the reasons for his distrust of Buck spilling over his lips, though there was no anger in his voice just tiredness, he was weary of fighting, weary of hating...

"Your a good man, but good men don't make good soldiers. Good men won't shoot the child with a gun in his hands, good men, won't leave the woman drowning in the water"

He could see the child, no more than 12 or 13 a rifle too big for him in trembling fingers , desperately swinging around to face the behemoth, caked in blood that had burst into the room. A quick evaluation suggested he couldn't have controlled the recoil let alone pull the trigger. He never got a chance before his brain were spattered across the floor. The woman.... oh fuck... oh sweet mother her face as it dissapeared under the surface the bubbles of her scream choked from her throat, as he held it down and forced it deeper. Her hands scratching at his as she struggled, her tears adding to the icy depths of her own demise.

"I have and I would again. My knife works for hate... its motives might coincide with good, but that is not what drives it into flesh"

Thor looked back up, his eyes and face returning from the past to the hear and now, to business, to his commands, to his orders. It didn't really matter.... he would probably die today, his eyes caught a glimpse of features he barely recognised, yet still the numbness settled over him.

"Do what you think is right, if you want to marble the cars, marble the cars, you want to put one in with me, put one in with me. Just know, the price"

Buck's eyes narrowed, perhaps not truly comprehending the threat as he drew his finger across his throat. It wasn't his own life he was risking, it was Thor's, and people that endangered Thor ended up... well perhaps it was a threat too, if Buck fucked up and Thor survived, it wouldn't take a Loki to guess how many strips Thor would take from his merry hide.

"Just promise me one thing Sir. No matter how im killed, tell my wife and kids I made you laugh."

Words crept unbidden, fears that never surfaced washed ashore on the tides of his own mortality

"And if i die, don't let odin try to avenge me"

With a shake of his head Thor was back in the world, turning to Buck with a casual smile

"your crowning achievement huh?"

the smile grew yet it did not annoy him, it comforted him.

"Orders from the highest place sir. So Thor when is it time for us to start the show?"

He checked the clock on the dash board, eyes moving to the parking lot

"We'll give it 5, if nothing goes wrong, we tail the acs to the nearest check point and go to town. You've got the lead then, newbies and me, you point we shoot. Your the demolition expert, but I want it spectacular."

Buck's smile took on its own leering quality, the destructive half of him coming to the fore.

"Ill make it say boom Thor, and it will big and huge and very Cartel like. If I make it too fancy they will know it wasn't cartel business."

Thor's eyes were still upon the parking lot, his voice distracted as he settled his own mind for the part he was about to play, for his stage.

"Good, just make sure there is a video camera left, we're putting on a show, no good if no one sees it"

"What I wouldn't give for a old fashioned RPG launcher. It would work wonders in this scenario."

Thor shrugged still staring out the window, even as his mind settled and he felt confidence flow, a flood of endorphin's pushing him forward. He could do this.

"Check the cars when we arrive, who knows what surprises they have in there"

"Check the cars, if surprising ill change the surprise around on our opposition. You just give the order when you wan't to move out Thor."

He rode the high, the possibility of his own survival embraced the confidence his knowledge his ability his strength gave him ,clicking his fingers as he snarled

"I'm tired of waiting lets go"

Thor clasped a hand on Buck's shoulder, a gesture he immediately regretted even as he pulled his hand away.

"Good hunting" he growled

"You too sir"
__________________________________________________ _

The vehicles were empty, the night still the engines of the cars lifeless, no shadows moving in their interior Thor moved like a cat, watching every door every corner, every flickering shadow as he strode amongst the cars.

It appeared each party had chosen to make their appearance with their full entourage, either for protection or like a peacock to show their feathers. He sped up the pace, a hint of eagerness in his stride, self belief flowing through his veins, they were being lax, the cartel's each of them, lured by Hale, intrigued by his openhanded gesture... perhaps they knew more than he.

Perhaps he was walking into a trap.

At the doorway he paused, hand reaching for the weaponry strapped to his thigh, pausing for a second, finger gently stroking his chin suppressing the urge to kick the door open and burst inside. A deep breath and he embraced the role, his stride, lengthening, shoulders relaxed with an arrogant slouch as his features scrunched into a haughty sneer.

Even as he slid the door shut he found himself at the rear of a semi circle of 5 tables each equidistant from a 6th at their head. Each of the 5 was flanked by muscle, weaponry slung across rippling backs, tatoos stretched across bulging biceps yet it was the figure head of each table that jumped out to him... famous names kin or the kin of kin sat around this table.... a sign of the importance placed upon this meet. They had been right to crash it... this sort of thing could not stand.

He strode forward, body seeming to ooze across the floor with a languid deadly face, eyes darting to see Gutierrez sat next to Mendoza, to Reyes, to... his heart skipped a beat.

To Castelan, blood of his blood lingered inches from his, spawn of those that had shot down his mother in cold blood, hunted his father... destroyed the life that he could have lived and set him upon this path.

The epicenter of his hatred, the source of his rage sat before him. He could draw his pistol before any could think of reaching for theirs, have the Castelan's dead before any reached theirs, have the Mendoza's dead, as their weapons came to bear.... be amongst the Reyes even as their bullets pierced his flesh

Rage, vengeance, the words of his father, the hate he had poured into his soul, the longing to exterminate and eradicate, to cleanse the world of the filth that sat before him. He was like a drowning man to an outstretched hand, a starving man to food every fiber of his being fighting against his natural impulse.

This was bigger than him.... even as he paused on the threshold.... they would be dead... Odin would see to that. The stride returned yet they eyes within those foreign features burned with unmistakable malice. The head table caught his eyes, an empty chair flanked by two large figures, suited, weaponry concealed, features still and emotionless, though he could feel their eyes upon him.

He took his seat even as a low hiss met his ears, the scathing tones of Pablo Alvarez, cousin to the head of the Gutierrez family, an insult for his Escobar border brother, a token of their bloody history, ground won and lost on either side... every inch seeped in blood.

"Typical Escobar arrogance"

The low hiss made Thor smile, even as he seated himself alone at his table relaxed, relieved that none had penetrated his ruse, their eyes only for the empty table at their head, punctuated by low hisses to the guards at their side.

Seconds turned to minutes, minutes dragging on yet no one arrived, the test of their conviction becoming an insult, restless movement suddenly punctuated by a thump as Carminda, favored daughter of the Reyes family slammed her hand on her table. The insult burning deep in her beautiful eyes, unwise to keep the daughter of a father waiting, let alone with such tempestuous emotions.

"Enough, I am tired of waiting," her accent thick, her temper flaring. "Get to the point or I am leaving!"

Their was a flurry of nods and a grumbling grunt of ascent, figures starting to stand and Thor let out a loud yawn, feet suddenly up upon the table with a loud thud as he stretched settling deeper in his chair, the challenge clear, the heads turning towards him causing the suits at the front to shift eyes alert and wary.

A harsh curse as Pablo stood, chair skittering away as he made for the door, his progress halted by the slam of another door which sent hands skittering to their weapons. The sudden edgy silence punctuated by Thor's mocking laughter. Flushed figures returned to their tables even as they took in the figure of a thin man, dark black suit in stark contrast to the pale almost translucent quality of his skin.

A nasal grating voice rose over the clip of his shoes, a slight simper in his tone

"Ladies and gentlemen. I apologize for the delay."

A cellphone in his hand slipped into his pocket and Thor's eyes skittered round the room searching for the camera, where the fuck was Hale, where were his eyes... where

"But I had urgent business that required my attention."

Thor let out a snarl

"More important than the heads of 4 of the biggest families. Hale's cock must taste good huh"

A guffaw from the Gutierrez to his right, a low grunt from the Castelan table... Demario, his second cousin turning his derision into scathing insight

"Bullshit. You wanted to make us wait, get us at each others throats, making it easier for you to control the negotations."

A dismissive wave to the two at his back

"Sit. Let this swine say his piece."

He seemed unrattled yet Thor felt the man's eyes narrow, the slightest glance in his direction and he felt himself sit up straighter in his seat, the motion peaking his interest, a plan of action forming on instinct in his mind

"I am Gabriel Enright, Administrative associate to Mr. Hale."

He paused letting the suspense build

"I have been sent to make you an offer."

Thor pushed on, insistant his voice loud and sneering nagging at the man before him

"A secretary, Hale's sent a fucking secretary" his words followed by a nagging grunt from Pablo

"This is insulting. We were promised a meeting with Hale himself."

Carminda's voice was shrill filled with irate passion "I refuse to meet with trash. You have no authority to offer us anything. A desk clerk, The Reyes family will not suffer this slight."

"Sweet mother, if muscle a and muscle b didnt have such shiny shoes, I'd drain your fucking corpse"

He pushed on, his voice becoming the rallying point for the cartels, though the Mendoza's insistant silence caused his to glance Estafan Mendoza, the grandson of the head, his lips pursed his features calm, yet his eyes burned with vivid intensity.

The ACS rep was glaring at him, the muscle at his flanks suddenly fixing upon him with true intensity and Thor felt a hint of triumph allowing himself to unleash a learing smile as Enright continued his voice a little harassed as he implored the other cartels

"Please, I assure you, that I speak with the full authority of Mr. Hale and his division of the ACS."

Eyes darkening he rounded on Thor

"Mr. Ruiz, I would caution you not to test my patience. The arrangement that Mr. Hale proposes is one that is mutually beneficial."

The smile widened, eyes locking with Enright, the stare down broken as a flick of Thor's wrist brought a long knife into his hand and he begun to trim idly at his finger nails prompting the smallest confident smile from the body guard nearest too him.

I'll kill him first the cocky little prick... the anger flashed through him yet his demeanour never wavored an idle flick of his wrist as he grunted

"well unless your going to bring me coffee we may as well hear the offer"

Demario echoed him

"Get to it then. Makes us an offer, so I can tell you to shove it up your ass."

Silence descended and Enright continued

"We find ourselves, and by that I mean the American Confederate States, locked in a stalemate with a resistance movement that will not seem to die. I know that your business has also been effected by the cockroaches of the North American Freedom Initiative."

A flurry of nods around the tables, and Thor listened intently, his own nod the least interested, his knife still whittling slowly at his nails.

"Despite the current administration of this government, and its assertation that we are close to rooting out the malcontents, we are in fact no closer to that objective. The policies of the current regime hamstringing our efforts."

A malicious smile will flit over his thin face, his words tinged with deceitful pleasure

"Mr. Hale has decided that it is time for him to act, without the permission of the President. To eliminate the resistance once and for all and to make some business partners in the process."

Estefan spoke for the first time, his voice dismissive

"Pah, NAFI, their efforts are pointless. Men and drugs can be replaced, why should I recommend to my Grandfather that we work alongside self-righteous scum like you."

Enright was regaining confidence "Because we want to pay you, a lot of money to do so."

The words hung through the air, all eyes fixed upon Enright

" What we propose, is you and your families, providing us with 200 foot soldiers a piece, fully armed and ready to fight. Alongside the organized military branch of the ACS, that will be too many soldiers for the NAFI to handle."

Carminda stared at him, open scorn in her smile, before she starts to laugh, a high crystaline sound that is infectious. "Why should we do that. NAFI threatens your existence more than ours. How do we know that you are not just trying to deplete our manpower?'

Thor's own mouth opened, the true danger of this situation stirring in his mind yet he stopped himself, mouth closing, as he stared into his lap.... the true menace of Hale suddenly outlayed before him. The man was brilliant, as brilliant as Odin and as ruthless as Thor....

With the facts outlayed before him he could see the path he would choose as clear as day... yet to think of it... that was true genius.

Take the men, destroy Nafi.... fill them with those drugs.... return them to the Cartel's and destroy them from the inside... the weakened Cartel's numbers depleted would be swept before the organised might of ACS army.

It was beautiful...

Scornful laughter surround him, the proposal ridiculous, yet the low voice of the Gutierrez silencing the crowd

"What would we get in return?"

Enright smiled, the smile of a snake as it pointed to the apple, a smile that chilled his soul

"$500 million dollars and the rights to peddle your merchandise, in regulated quantity of course, within ACS territory."

Their was silence... stunned silence... broken by Thor's sly smirk

"you said soldiers could always be replaced"

He turned, pushing forward, desperate to gain conformation of Hale's plan, a hint that there was not further devious brilliance within that man's mind

"do the remaining soldiers come back to us once nafi are done or do you take them"

"Keen ensight Rudolfo," Enright will say, his eyes boring deep into him, a twitch at the corner of his eye the only betrayal of the anger burning through his heart.

The other reps, the luster of greed falling from their expressions, turning to Enright keenly interested in his answer.

"Mr. Hale is willing to negotiate those terms. But as of now, yes they would be returned to your control."

The barest hint of reluctance in his tone, he doesn't want them to go back ... he pushed on certain he must be mistaken

"And would they be subject to any of your...." he let the word linger "products,"

"while they fight with you?"

Enright pushed onwards his answer making Thor's eyes narrow

"No, that has been expressly forbidden by Mr. Hale."

He must be wrong, Hale wanted to keep them, but why, the ACS were far better than any cartel rifraf, even trained and organised... to keep them from the drugs.... an army of a thousand... uncontrolled... but why?

"That is the offer in its entirety." Enright concluded,

"I am to give you 4 days time to supply your answer to Mr. Hale. Jordan if you please."

The guard he was going to murder slid a case from the table and placed a chunky mobile phone on each table

"You need only press and hold the number 1. That will connect you directly to Mr. Hale. Unless there is anything further, I leave you to your decision.""

He seemed eager to leave... rattled, his sentence barely finished before they moved towards the door, leaving the bowed heads of the cartel representatives in hissed consultation.

Without a sound Thor slipped from the room and back towards the car at a brisk walk, fueled by the single question

Why?

Odin would know, but there was no time... no point risking their operation... especially considering its importance for a second opinion when they had the opportunity to crush it once and for all.

Focus... focus.

Sliding into his seat he snatched a com bead from Buck and pressed it into his ear, hand grasping under his chair, hand sliding over his rifle for his shotgun.

With a savage frustrated snarl he racked it back as he opened the com link to Odin

"Now"

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
post #86 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-25-12, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Default Update #10

Odin's eyes narrowed as Thor entered the warehouse, his hushed conversation with Spectre still foremost in his mind. As much as he loathed to admit it, things could all go to shit very quickly, especially if Hale himself was present for the meeting. His mind, rushing at a speed well beyond the capability of even the Valkyries at his side were capable of, his sub-conscious mind running all the possible permutations of the scenario ahead of him, feeding his conscious with the information faster than thought. Odin, shook his head, trying to clear the chaff, the unwanted and useless crap. Despite having lived with the augmentations to his body for nearing three decades, they made him uncomfortable. Removed him from the humanity that he fought for. A thought that troubles, yet heartens him on a daily basis.

Stealing a glance around, taking in the positions of his men as they wait, Odin quickly disguises a winning smile, an ounce of pride in these soldiers who have been like children to a widower and childless man leaking through his normally stoic expression. If they only knew his thoughts, his true feelings for them. He would go to hell and back for each and every person under his command. He had proven so with his blood, sweat, and tears. Despite his orders to Spectre, despite Thor's wishes, he would see the world burn before he would see those orders carried out. He would burn Chicago to the fucking ground.

A shake of his head and a grimace from Loki, told Odin his eyes into the warehouse were out. He needed to know if Hale was in attendance. He did not know whether he would be relieved or disappointed if Hale didn't show. The man was a snake, a devilish predator, that one did not engage lightly. Odin had lost too many men at the end of that man's gun to underestimate him. One day, hopefully soon, Odin would stare down into that bastard's dead glassy eyes, but at the moment, his prize would be different. In one foul swoop he would deal a blow to the leadership of four of the major cartels. They would fold in on each other, any alliance with the ACS forgotten in their rage and all consuming thoughts of betrayal.

Thor was leaving, hot on the heels of one of Hale's sniveling rats. The time had come.... the time was now. The first stroke of the end game, though not in the place he had expected to find it, was about to fall. Drawing his pistol, his weapon gauntlet flaring to life. Odin, master of the Valkyries, stood as the ACS vehicle left the lot, two black cartel SUVs containing his troops tailing them, a look of rigtheous fury on his face. Opening a com bead to his troops, his avenging warriors, he hissed, "Kill them. Kill them all."

Buck(Anilar): Your explosives laid, your drone inside the building you have nothing to do but return to your car and wait, and it is a wait that seems to last for an age. Finally, the passenger side door of the SUV flies open, and the disguised Thor quickly hops in. He points at the ebony sedan leaving the lot and you throw the car into gear, pulling out of the lot behind it as he growls into the com, "Now." You know your role, getting in at a good distance behind the sedan, you watch as a second SUV enters your view in the rear view mirror. Breaker and Big Al are on their mark. Follow the sedan until Thor gives the word.

Big Al(Romero's Own): You and Breaker, sit in the SUV for what seems like forever, simply biding your time until you get the signal from Thor to move out. Finally, Thor rushes out of the building and jumps into the SUV Buck is driving, just as a jet black sedan pulls out of the parking lot. After giving just a bit of space between him and the sedan, Buck rolls out of the lot, quickly getting into a position to tail the sedan to your next target. Since you are in the passenger seat, with the best view, make sure to give Breaker the heads up. You smile as he pulls your vehicle out on to the street, the action is about to start. You can feel it.

Breaker(flash43): You and Big Al, sit in the SUV for what seems like forever, simply biding your time until you get the signal from Thor to move out. Finally, Thor rushes out of the building and jumps into the SUV Buck is driving, just as a jet black sedan pulls out of the parking lot. After giving just a bit of space between him and the sedan, Buck rolls out of the lot, quickly getting into a position to tail the sedan to your next target. Your brother has a better view of the proceedings, even though you are still able to see what is going on, you missed the sedan pull out of the lot. Taking your brother's signal, you get the vehicle moving as you are in the driver seat, falling in behind Thor's SUV. Big Al's enthusiasm is mounting, you can feel it in the air. You too are beginning to itch with anticipation at the skirmish that lies ahead.

Osiris(Jackinator)
, Spectre(Lord Ramo), Loki(Santaire), Hermes(Karak), & Poet(Angel of Blood): The meeting is over. Thor has left the building, his voice, harsh and growling echos over the radio. The static hiss bare has a chance to abate before Odin, his demeanor terrifying, like some statuesque god of war, stands from where he was concealed, his hushed hissing commands filling you with both unease and joy. His words, "Kill them. Kill them all." Send lighting through your bodies. You leap to obey, weapons coming to the ready in the blink of an eye.

Spectre(Lord Ramo): You are the first to fire. Your shot already lined up, you barely breath as your scope settles on the forehead of the Cartel representative at the table right next to the one that Thor just vacated. The back of his head explodes in a mist of red and chunks of grey tissue. Sending the entire assembly, who were up until now just yelling at one another, dashing for cover. You are able to claim the life of another body guard before the scurrying wretches disappear from your lines of sight. You hear gunfire erupt from the rear of the building. Members of the cartel family that were seated on the opposite side of the warehouse, from Thor, apparently are trying to make a quick get away. Skirting the skylight, you move to the edge of the building. A fire fight has broken out between these Cartel scum and Hermes. Reacting quickly he takes one out with several well placed shots, but the second body guard has rushed forward, engaging him in close combat with a large machete. You watch as Hermes, quickly overpowers the man, taking him out. He is unaware of the Cartel representative, a bear of a man, bearing down on him as his concentration is else where. You raise your rifle, scope finding the back of the man's head in a practiced fluid motion, before your finger depresses the trigger, the supersonic round ending his life. Over the com, you hear Osiris, "Everybody get out of the building, get out of the way." Spining you see him, shouldering his rocket launcher. You jump down, your enhanced body cushioning most of the blow as you roll with the landing, ending up at Karak's side just as the his of Osiris' rocket screams through the night.

Hermes(Karak): As soon as Odin finishes speaking, you hear a shot ring out, quickly followed by a second. Spectre has started things off, raining death from above. You hear the shouts of confusion in the warehouse, right before the back door of the warhouse explodes outward, falling of the hinges, obviously the victim of a swift kick. Raising your shotgun you fire, several times in rapid succession, taking out the lead man. Before you are able to fire again, a second man rushes in, the whistle of his blade, a large machete, sends you reeling backwards in an effort to get out of the way. You pivot, catching the blade on the stock of your weapon, before lancing out with a punishing kick to the outside of the man's knee, your movements just too fast for him to follow. A heavy blow to the back of his head with the butt of your shotgun ensures that he will not rise again. You hear the rush of footsteps, already knowing that in your moment of distraction, the third man, the largest of the three, will be on you before you can stop him. You start to turn to try and beat him to the punch when a shot rings out, a fine misting spray of blood spatters against your face as your assailant slumps and with a heavy thud hits the ground. You look up to see Spectre, the end of her rifle still smoking. Over the com, you hear Osiris, "Everybody get out of the building, get out of the way." You hear a grunt, as Spectre lands on the ground near you, followed by the unmistakable hiss of a fired rocket.

Poet(Angel of Blood): Gunfire erupts inside the building, the echoing boom of a high powered rifle flowing over the building down from the roof where Spectre sits in ambush. It is quickly answered yelling voices and the rattle of furniture being thrown about inside. You burst from cover just behind Odin, who allows you to pass him, as you rush the front door. Just as you make it to the portal, it bursts open and a thin older hispanic man hurries toward you, in his hand a large calibre pistol that he raises in your direction as he sees you. He hasn't a hope, your reaction speed infinitely faster than his, you put him down with a quick double tap to the head with your assault rifle. You are surprised when his body doesn't fall and even more surprised when the dead weight of the man you just killed lands on top of you. Rolling with the impact of the man's corpse, you are able to keep from being intangled in limp arms and legs of the man's body, but you are not quick enough to get in front of the second man, apparently the first's body guard by his dress, and you duck and throw yourself to the side as he launches a volley of unaimed shots in your direction. He is on a direct route for one of the waiting vehicles and will escape with word of NAFI's involvement if you do not stop him. Rushing forward, you are just able to catch up or place accurate shots on him, preventing him from getting into the vehicle. You barely register Osiris' warning, but the explosion behind you returns your attention to the building, a now smoldering ruin.

Loki(Santaire): You see Poet, who had been hidden near the front of the building with Odin, rush toward the front door to the warehouse, assault rifle in his hands. With the departure of the ACS delegation, your cybersenses coming rushing back to you. Cellphones, Buck's drone, the reflection of radio waves around the inside of the building lay it all out for you, identifying a trio of persons just inside the east door that was your station. Rushing forward, sword in one hand, SMG in the other, you drive the blade of your weapon straight through the wall of the warehouse, your momentum carrying it into and through one of the individuals on the other side. You spin out of the way, leaving our blade quivering in the wall, as an explosion of gunfire erupts, bullets ripping through the wall were you had just been. Kicking open the door and diving through it, you spin to your right, weapon raised. You see that your blade struck true, as it protruded from the chest of Carminda Mendez, who you recognize from the research you had done for Thor. Your attention is drawn by the sudden clap of thunder, the discharge of a cartel soldier's weapon a thousand times louder than your own, amplified by the enclosed space. The bullet wings you, searing pain flaring across the bicep and into the shoulder before it exits through your back. It feels as though the wind has been stolen from your lungs, but not something that you are unfamiliar with. Rasing your own weapon, finish off the two soldiers that now confront you. As the second of the two soldiers falls to the ground you hear Osiris over the com, "Everybody get out of the building, get the hell out of the way." Running through the door, grabbing your blade on the way out with your uninjured arm, you dive behind the cover you were previously concealed in.

[you three did not post for the last update. I am not really worried about it as there was not much for you to post on anyway. Ramo add in the bit we talked about on MSN. Feel free guys to post up something for last update, but I really think that dealing with this one is slightly more important.]

Osiris(Jackinator): Gunfire erupts all around you, the lighter hiss of NAFI weaponry a stark contrast to the heavy thump of the archaic weapons weilded by the Cartel soldiers. As the fighting continues you see no one exit the westside door. Though you are itching to get into the fight, your duty and dedication to your orders keeps you rooted, like a statue to the spot. You see a blur of movement in one of the windows on your side of the building, the ring of gun fire, and the eerie ping as bullets ricochet off the barrels and crates around you. Looking toward the back of the building you see nothing. Neither Hermes or Spectre are visible to you. You look to the front, just in time to see Poet in hot pursuit of a Cartel soldier that is sprinting towards the parked vehicles. You make a decision.... its time to blow this place. Over the com you bark, "Everybody get out of the building, get out of the way." Knowing that your team will do so, you shoulder your rocket launcher and fire into the window where you saw movement, the hissing projectile finding its mark with the ring of shattered glass.

Osiris(Jackinator), Spectre(Lord Ramo), Hermes(Karak), Loki(Santaire) & Poet(Angel of Blood): Osiris is well skilled in his craft. Despite the enormity of the blast, the building caves in on itself, the smaller charges Osiris rigged doing their work to control the devastation. You take up positions once more, awaiting orders from Odin, scanning the debris for any Cartel soldiers who may have survived however unlikely.

Thor(deathbringer), Buck(Anilar), Big Al(Romero), & Breaker(flash43): Your most fervent hopes are realized as the sedan pulls into a large checkpoint, staffed by close to 24 ACS Soldiers and 16 Officers of the CED. Thor, looking over your shoulder as you approach, you just make out the tell tale flicker of flames in the direction from which you came. It is now or never..... You give the order to attack, cautioning your troops to stay out of camera range so they won't give away the ruse, even as you kick your own door open.

Thor(deathbringer): Fast as lightning, you pump for shotgun slugs into the engine block of the sedan, puncturing the radiator, sending a hissing cloud of steam billowing out of the disabled vehicle. Your gun fire, draws the attention of every ACS soldier and officer there and with a smile you go about dealing death to the shocked and surprised opposition. As you approach, guns blazing, you see the back door of the sedan begin to open, the thin ratlike features of Gabriel Enright beginning to emerge. With a feral grin, you launch a savage kick into the door as his head crosses the threshold of the opening, eliciting a satisfying crunch and a squeal of pain. You are able to kill Enright, his two body guards, 3 soldiers, and 4 Officers of the CED. Have fun with this , get some good description going. Bring Thor to life for the first time in a true firefight. You can tell that your troops are taking care of the majority of the resistance at the checkpoint, so feel free to take your time with Enright and his cronies if you choose.

Buck(Anilar): As Thor issues the order to attack, you jump out of the car with him, careful to keep the vehicle between you and the camera on the end of the guard building. You bring your heavy mine launcher to bear, launching several explosive charges in the direction of several parked humvees from where a group of soldiers is running to try and intercept Thor. Stowing your grenade launcher you go to town with the more archaic weaponry you took from the Cartel SUV, the M16 barks in your hand in a most satisfying manner. The initial explosion of the humvees kills 6 soldiers and with the M16 in hand you are able to kill 3 more soldiers and 4 CED Officers.

Big Al(Romero): You watch in a bit of awe as Thor launches himself out of the passenger seat of the lead SUV, completely fearless, dropping several enemies and disabling the sedan you had been following in the blink of an eye. You fold your massive frame out of the SUV that you were riding in and not wasting any time, you get yourself rigged up with your miniguns. Making sure to stay far back in the shadows, so as not to be recognized or pictured on the camera feed Thor and Buck have chosen to leave in operation, donning your weapons takes a couple of seconds, the weapons finding their secure points with the practiced ease of one that has done this very thing thousands of times. You look to the west of the checkpoint and you see ACS reinforcements swarming out of a low-lying building, obviously a barraks, this will be like shooting fish in a barrel. Your guns spit death and the opposition drops like flies. You are able to kill 8 soldiers and 4 more CED Officers.

Breaker(flash43): You are the last onto the battlefield so to speak, following your brother out of the SUV, throwing it into park even as you are stepping out of the vehicle. You take care to stay back in the shadows, out of the field of vision of the camera that Thor and Buck have chosen to keep running to capture the assault and frame the Escobar Cartel for the attack. You can't help but smile as you watch the efficiency and speed that Buck and Thor go about their work. These soldiers are truly the best of the best and here you are working among them. The chatter of your brother's miniguns draws your attention to the barracks and the far west side of the guard building. You add your fire power to Big Al's and with careful well placed shots you drop the 4 remaining soldiers. You hear the slam of a car door and look to the far side of the guard house to see 6 CED Officers jumping out of a large SUV. Unfortunately for them the thin metal of the vehicle's exterior is provides scant protection against the high velocity rounds of your assault rifle.

[Well there you have it gents, one completely successful ambush. Remember guys that Thor is the only one who should be getting up close and personal with the enemy. Anyone else captured on camera will spoil the ruse and bring the attention onto NAFI, not to mention Thor's attention on the blunderer, so be careful with what and how you post. I will be watching.]

Thor(deathbringer): The enemy is dead. At this point it is up to you what you do with the checkpoint itself. Remember that you only have a couple of minutes before ACS reinforcements arrive. Issue your orders at the end of your post. They will effect the next update for the guys with you.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

Last edited by Midge913; 09-07-12 at 03:06 PM.
post #87 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-25-12, 05:32 PM
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

“Time for the Scots to show these Yankee’s what we’ve got eh brother?”

Andrews voice pulled Alexander back from his day dream and he turned to face his bother.

“Damn straight. The Yanks aren’t going to know what hit them.”

Alexander smiled at his little brother but movement caught his eye. He turned to peer intently out of the window in time to see a man, a ACS personnel beyond a shadow of a doubt. His training meant he knew how to recognize the enemy. The man jumped into a black sedan as Alexander filled his brother in, knowing he had a better view than Andrew.

“We’ve got an ACS in a black sedan. Wait, here comes Thor.”

As he watched Thor sprint from the building and got in the other SUV parked nearby he felt his anticipation growing.

“Thor is back in with Buck. The sedan’s pulling away.”

As he watched eagerly Buck’s SUV pulled out and set off after the jet black sedan.

“Let’s roll little brother”

With Alexander’s signal Andrew started the car and it rolled forward. With a rev of the engine they pulled out of the parking lot and set off after the other two cars. Alexander smiled as the car pulled out on to the street. The action was about to start, he could feel it. Even as they drove along the voice of Odin came in over the comms.

“Kill them, kill them all”

Alexander smiled at his brother.

“With pleasure boss”

Alexander’s most fervent hopes were realized when the sedan you had been tailing came to a stop outside a large checkpoint. The voice of Thor echoed inside the car.

“Stay out of camera range. But kill them all”

Alexander smiled and undid his seatbelt even as he watched Thor kick his own door open. He paused to watch in awe as Thor launched himself out of the passenger seat fearlessly and disabled the sedan they had been following in a blink of the eye. He really was an impressive soldier to fight alongside and it was an honour to call him a teammate. But this was no time for that, this was the time for Emma and Elliot to do the talking.
Alexander folded his massive frame out of the SUV silently, the enemy was to focused o Thor to notice the other car, soon have to change that. Even as he thought that he noticed the lone ACS guard standing nearby. As he took a step the guard turned and opened his mouth to shout out. But no noise ever came out. For in a flash Alexander rose his hands and his kinetic blaster roared into life. The man’s body went flying through the air before crashing into a wall some 20 feet away from where he had originally stood. Almost instantly bullets began flying towards the brothers SUV and Alexander
moved quickly to the boot for a bit of cover.

Throwing open the boot door Alexander paused before grabbing his miniguns. Reaching inside the boot Alexander dipped his fingers in the pot of blue paint and slowly drew the ancient Pictish markings that he put on before every battle. Taking great care, even as the bullets flew, Alexander drew on the traditional marks of the Picts. After finishing he turned to his brother who was beside him.

“How do I look?”

Without waiting for a reply Alexander smiled and picked up his two miniguns. Taking a deep breath Alexander stepped out from behind the boot and walked into the gunfire. Triggering his force shield the bullets bounced harmlessly from the energy shield the size of a large ballistic shield, leaving Alexander unscathed. In seconds he took in the scene before him.

To the west of the checkpoint swarms of ACS soldiers are pouring out from a low building presumably a barracks. Making sure he was still in the shadows and out of any camera view Alexander’s miniguns slowly began to whir into life. When the whir was deafening Alexander dropped the shield and let all hell loose.

The roar of bullets fills the air as the twin guns spit out hundreds of rounds in seconds. The men fall in droves as Alexander swung round the guns to cut down the enemy. You smile wickedly as you see 6 soldiers just drop dead in seconds. Moving your fire round another soldier feels your guns. Targeting a group of CED officers you see 4 drop dead and another ACS soldier. You hear the gun of your brother firing as well and before you know it all the reinforcements lie dead upon the ground. You release the trigger and the miniguns slowly whir to a stop, their barrels smoking. You turn to your brother, smiling.

“Well that was fun”

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
post #88 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-27-12, 04:21 PM

flash43's Flag is: Scotland

“Damn straight.” Said Big Al in a bad American accent, “The Yanks aren’t going to know what hit them!” Al smiled madly at breaker, suddenly Al’s head flicked round like it was spring loaded. Breaker couldn’t see what was happening from the driver’s seat but his brother filled him in;
“We got an ACS in a black sedan. Wait, here comes Thor.” There was a pause “Thor is back in with Buck. The sedan’s pulling away.”
Breaker could see how eager his elder brother was. Mentally, Andrew was the more mature, but he couldn’t deny he was psyched for the inevitable combat.

Buck and Thor’s SUV pulled away as Al said “Let’s roll little brother.”

“Aye!” Grinned Breaker.

He started the engine and gently double-declutched it into first, making the engine rev slightly as the freewheeled the first meter. He applied a small amount of pressure to the accelerator, holding the SUV four car lengths from Buck. If Buck had to stop suddenly, Breaker didn’t want to be in his boot! Andrew had earned some renown in the SAS as being an expert driver.

“I wonder how ‘over the top’ we’ll be allowed to go? I’ll try not to lose count of my kills this time; I wager I get more than you by the end of the mission!” said Breaker with mirth. As if he had read his mind, the measured voice of Odin came over the comm;

“Kill them, kill them all.”

Alexander smiled at his younger brother and spoke over the comms;

“With pleasure boss!”

Ahead their quarry came to a halt at a large checkpoint. Then Thor’s voice came over the comm;

“Stay out of camera range. But kill them all!”

As Alexander undid his seatbelt and opened the door, Breaker slowed down and turned towards the far pavement, blocking the other side of the road diagonally. Andrew glanced across at Thor and Buck downing ACS, it was about 30 on 2, in all his time at the top of the SAS fighting personnel, this was another level, he smiled as he looked on. A spray of bullets slammed into the bulletproof windshield making small spider-web cracks as ACS troops began to emerge from a building ahead of the west facing car. Alexander had jumped out before the car had stopped and run round behind it. Quickly Breaker opened his door and got out using its armour for cover. He looked towards the rear corner of the car, where suddenly his brother’s head appeared, smeared with ancient, blue Pictish markings.

“How do I look?”

“Like a mental bastard!” smiled Andrew.

He wound down the window of the open door and drew his rifle out of its holster, flicking of the safety and setting the fire rate to ‘single’. Three ACS had made it to a low brick wall, levelling ‘Delphi’ he put a round in each one’s head. He saw his brother open fire with his mini-guns, mowing down soldiers. Something caught Breaker’s eye, a glint from the furthest right second floor window of a half shelled out building. Swiftly he aimed through his scope at the window, flicking it to telescopic. A sniper-rifle barrel was sticking out of the window; it was likely aiming at his brother! Andrew couldn’t see the operator of the weapon, but from the angle of the gun and the building wall, he knew where the sniper was. It had all happened in a split second.

Breaker fired. The rifle fell from the window, the ACS using it followed it, (presumably having been spun round by the bullet impact) tumbling backwards from the window.

Andrew levelled his rifle sights on the last ACS, when suddenly he was knocked down by a diagonal spray of bullets. He lowered his rifle and looked across to his brother, who grinned at him;

“Well that was fun!”

Breaker swapped the magazine for a full one, despite the fact it was only down four rounds. He made a mental note to break that habit.

Suddenly a car door slammed behind him to his left. He spun round in a crouching position; a six-seat, grey SUV had pulled up, diagonally positioned to block the entire road. The man on the driver’s side was opening his door. Breaker saw the man’s CED uniform and fired three rounds at the man as he raised his rifle, putting two in the door and then the last through the glass into the man’s forehead. Another CED, who was completely bald, was getting into cover behind the bonnet of the grey SUV and was bringing a pistol to aim at Andrew. Quickly Andrew fired a few rounds at the pistol man, making him duck down, then Andrew moved round his SUVs front, keeping low as fire from the newly arrived CED officers flew past him. He flicked his rifle to ‘full automatic’ and pushed the telescopic sight off the tactical rail to a side position so he could use the iron sights; the CED SUV was quite close.

Changing his grip on his rifle to left handed, he leaned round the open boot of his SUV and fired on the bald CED officer. His five rounds were rewarded with a burst of blood from the bald man’s head as he fell backwards. From the back doors four more officers had appeared, two on each side. The two nearest to Breaker had an old UZI each. One spotted him and let off a burst of fire as breaker rolled his body back round the corner of his SUV, but most of the UZI rounds pattered harmlessly of the SUVs armour. Breaker looked through his SUVs back side window and saw that one of the officers had foolishly decided to advance. The two officers on the other side of the CED SUV had now moved up to the bonnet of their SUV, clutching their AK 47s. Breaker leaned round the back enough to aim at the CEDs aiming over their bonnet and fired a burst killing them both, he was still turning round the boot of his SUV, and was aiming at the closer UZI man and downed him, he was still shocked at his fellow officers demise. Breaker kept up sustained fire from the first UZI armed officer onto the second who was taking cover behind the open rear door. Breaker’s liberal spray of death tore through the door and the cowering officer leapt up and backwards with a yelp, falling down dead.

Andrew reloaded his (this time more reasonably depleted) magazine and moved over to check the CED SUV cautiously circling the vehicle before running back to his own and calling out to his brother;

“How many did you kill Al!? I got 10, and one was sniper with bead on you!”

Breaker kissed the side of his prized gun and whispered in his thick Scottish accent; “Havnea failed me yet lass!” He looked over to Thor and Buck, they were nearly done, dispatching the last few ACS and CED with style and precision, he proud to be fighting along side them. But he dare not join in or be caught on the camera, or fire for fear of hitting Thor in the spinning mle.

With that Breaker flicked his rifle back to ‘single’ and pulled his scope back onto the tactical rail, and settled down onto one knee, scanning around with his enhanced vision for any threats. He hoped they would get new orders soon.

OCC; if any of my descriptions of other characters are wrong or disallowed I’ll change them!

"Those are Eldar? I thought they'd be taller!" Unknown Guardsman
IN YOUR FACE REALITY!

Last edited by flash43; 08-28-12 at 04:31 PM.
post #89 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 09:35 AM

Drumming on the steering wheel of the SUV mumbling a old funk classic, Buck was waiting for Thor's return, which seem to take way too long. But he knew if something was going wrong, Thor would make everybody aware of that, no one would be able to take him down silently.

Finally something happened, what could only be a ACS repressentative leaving the building with his bodyguards entering the Ebony sedan. As it pulled away from the parking lot, Buck started up his own ready to trail the sedan even before Thor burst out of the warehouse, sprinting over and jumping in on the passenger seat. Allready pulling out before Thor had given the order to move out.

Buck kept his distance to the sedan, even letting it get a few turns on him, Buck using the remote signal he had on the planted bomb, to know where it drove. And it was a surprising route either, the Sedan following a rather direct route into the heart of the city, where the city's government facilities was situated. So it was no surprise to Buck that they after a little while found themself facing a large checkpoint, probably reinforced from the earlier ruckus in the city he and Thor had been a part of.

Buck quickly covered the distance between them and checkpoint, as he pulled the car up at attack range, Thor bolted out of the SUV to engage the Sedan, quickly disableing it and killing off its inhabitants. It didn't take Buck a second to follow Thor out of the car, but unlike Thor that burst into bloody melee, Buck stayed in the cover of his SUV, making sure the surveillance cameras would not get a clear picture of him.

With a smirk on his lips, Buck aimed his grenade launcher at the humvee that was furthest away, the soldiers around that vehicle just beginning to move towards the fight.
"Ease" Buck ordered into the comm, a short command to let everybody know something would be exploding, everybody trained to open there mouth without a second thought, changing there breathing to quick rapid breaths. All to prevent damage to there lungs from the shockwaves. As Buck let a grenade fly a smirk on his lips, allready lining up his next shot. The humvee that was closests to where Thor was fighting. Blowing that up would distract the soldiers from dealing with Thor, and Buck had to blow it up before the blast and flying vehicle parts might pose a danger to Thor. As the first vehicle went up in a bright yellow and orange fireball turning it into a oversized fragmentation grenade, Buck counted subconsciously three distince screams from the area, as he once again said ease into the comm and another grenade was let loose to do its destructive work.
A soldier exiting the humvee was thrown several feet away by the blast, his body landing in a mangled heap of blood and bone.

Buck quickly continued to the third humvee, ease and pulling the trigger again, the grenade landing under the vehicle, the explosion lifting the humvee up a foot or two, before landing again with a crash, splitting the car in two across the middle. The fourth humvee fared little better as Buck's grenade got lodged in the reinforced windshield. The following explosion tearing the top of the humvee, converting the vehicle into a burnt out convertible. A quick look Buck counted six dead or heavily wounded soldiers from his explosion as he shifted weapon to his M16A2 assault rifle, he saw the new additions to the team was fully engaged in the melee, the telltale whirr of chainguns telling there own destructive tale of death and destruction, on the barracks or guardhouse where reinforcements had been located.

Buck quickly engaged ACS soldiers and CED officers, that was trying to get a bead on him, Buck realising that shots was beginning to find there way towards him and the SUV, the sound of bullets hitting the vehicle making Buck duck down and scampering around to the back of the vehicle. Leaning out Buck engaged the opposition, firing controlled aimed burst, Buck quickly dispatched a couple of soldiers that had almost circled in on him, thought there movements hidden by the background fire of Bucks explosions. Keeping the pressure up, Buck kept aiming and firing on any enemy that he got in his sights. Putting up to half a dozen shots in each enemy, to make sure they were dead, Buck did not have the presicion and confidence in kill shots that the likes of spectre had. The fight was over within a minute, but it felt much longer, as Buck quickly made status he had emptied 3 and a half 30 round magazine, killing 7 enemies, it should be sufficiently grizzly to look like the handiwork of cartel soldiers.

Buck stayed at the SUV, while he watched Thor finishing his gruesome handiwork. Reloading his grenade launcher in the meantime, Buck quickly radioed a good work to the two scottish brothers. There was nothing else left to do, than await Thor finishing up and deliver the next set of orders.

Sneaky Wood Elf.
Give me a 5+ ward save and I can't be killed.

Last edited by Anilar; 08-31-12 at 02:47 PM.
post #90 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 01:41 PM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

Spectre listened quietly during the briefing. It was risky sending in Thor, she was certain that he would be recognised by Hale if he attended or not, but if they could take him out then it would be worth it. Spectre would be in an overwatch position, able to help Thor out in a pinch with her sniping abilities. Finally she would be able to get in a bit more target practice on the Cartel bastards.

She stayed silent as the vehicle drove to the drop off point, leaping out the second it slowed and darting into the shadows. There seemed to be no enemy presence, so she quickly ascended the building, moving up the building with a rappel rope so that she would be in position in time. She got to the top, pulling the rope up behind her before securing it with her gear.

She sat on down, sitting on top of a giant fan, one leg resting across it the other on the ground as she nonchalantly checked her assault rifle was modified to her satisfaction to provide the sniping cover that she would be providing Thor and the others. As she checked it over, fitting her custom scope on the top rail so that she could see her targets clearly.

As she watched the cartels and went through her final checks a private channel opened up to her, a command channel. “Spectre, you read?” Odin voice, hushed as he didn’t want to give his position, or hers away came over the com.

“Sir, I read you. I am in position and ready to provide support.” She quickly sent over, whispering into her mic, expecting to be asked for a update on her readiness.

She got up from her position, moving past a skylight which she avoided carefully so she wouldn’t be spotted and looked through her scope, watching as the target vehicle pulled up and Thor got out.

Her comm. Crackled as Odin’s voice came back over, "If things go poorly, Thor cannot be taken captive....." Spectre, putting a hand to her ear transmitter to ensure she had heard him correctly, "You do everything you can to assist in his evac. If that becomes impossible, I trust you know what to do. Take the shot captain." His voice unyielding.

Spectre paused for a moment before responding, hand moving back down to steady her rifle. "Yes sir, I understand and it will be done."

"Very good." Odin said before cutting communications. Spectre watched from her position as the meeting began, not seeing Hale there, and assumed he must have sent a representative. Once it was over Thor left quickly, moving into his vehicle before Odin’s voice came over, “Kill them, kill them all.”

Immediately Spectre had a shot lined up, one of the representatives. She squeezed her trigger slowly, as she exhaled as well, the rifle recoil controlled as her first shot slammed into the man’s forehead, blowing out at the back.

Immediately the entire meeting burst into uproar as makeshift cover was thrown around, representative’s being thrown behind by their guards who quickly moved out of sight as well. However one was too slow and Spectre’s second shot went through his throat and slammed into a wall.

She stood, moving away from her last position, skirting the skylight so she wouldn’t be spotted as she heard a shotgun blast go off. Looking down at the backdoor she saw Hermes blasting the first before engaging the next guard in hand to hand. Spectre watched as a third man, another representative came up behind him, ready to deliver the killing blow. Realizing that Hermes would not have enough time, Spectre quickly, but calmly raised her gun and fired, blowing the back of his head out and spraying blood over Hermes.

She lowered her rifle and held it across her midsection as she nodded at him, before she heard over the radio, “Everybody get out of the building, get out of the way!” She spun on the spot to see him, a rocket launcher in his hand aimed at the building she was standing on. “Son of a bitch.” Spectre snarled as she turned and leapt off of the roof, allowing her enhanced body and rolling at the end of the fall to take the impact.

She stood to see the building collapse on itself as Hermes moved out the way as well. She quickly keyed her comm. To Osiris, Hermes, and Loki. “Secure the site, take positions.” With that she knelt down, scanning the rubble and around it for any moving targets. “Awaiting orders sir.” She patched through to Odin.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode