The Aleron Factor- A Post Modern RP (Action Thread) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-30-11, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Default Update #1

Loki(Santaire), Hermes(Karak), Cue Ball(CaptainFatty), Poet(Angel of Blood), Fenris(Komanko), & Osiris(Jackinator): With a glance in Thor's direction, Forsythe turns to face Loki. After a moments pause, during which he flipped through several of the documents on the vid screen once more, he spoke, "I asked the same question Ethan. It all comes down to the fact that we don't quite know exactly were the second facility is. I issued the orders this morning to the Guardian Angels and the Thunderbirds and Major's Nelson and Clark are now tasked to scour the country side in Alabama, Mississippi, and Lousiana looking for it. They have been told it is a new weapons manufacturing plant and the specifics of the facilities nature have not been given to them. Without an actual location the General feels that it is best to act quickly and decisively on the intel we do have. I have also activated the Dark Knights and the Shades. They are moving toward DC to recon the Cardinal's compound, they are going to do the leg work on that end giving us on the ground intel of the Cardinal's security forces, updates to the compound, and ACS military assests in the field there for when we arrive in a couple of weeks. We take a stab at the Cardinal every couple of years and they see this attempt as nothing out of the ordinary."

Taking a cigarette packet from his front pocket, the Colonel tapped one of the cigarettes loose and lit it before continuing, "Don't worry boys we will have back up at our other locations, but here in the Windy City we are on our own. Hopefully the teams down south will come up with something by the time we rendezvous with them. Once we crack this first nut the ACS will be scrambling to get on the defensive, I don't intend to give them the time to batten down the hatches and dig in. This comes directly from the General boys, no one is to be told of the exact nature of this mission until he lets out."

Taking a long drag on his cigarette the Colonel stares up at the view screen, now displaying a blue print of the first floor of the chemical facility, and all of you are swept up in the fevor that seems to radiate from the man. His last words echo through your secure coms channel, "Nightstalkers. I want you all geared up and ready in ten. Full mission briefing will be then. Let's go hunting folks."

Thor(Deathbringer), Buck(Anilar), & Spectre(Lord Ramo): Several moments after leaving the command center you hear Odin's radio traffic, "Nightstalkers. I want you all geared up and read in ten. Full mission briefing will be then. Let's go hunting folks."

All: You all head to your various rooms, you each have one in the building, as well as the the supply room to stock up on gear. What are your charaters's doing, thinking, and feeling as they gear up for this mission. Do you go about your business in solitude or do you seek out your squadmates and discuss what is going on. Spend sometime doing any pre-op rituals or preparations that your character does and then make your way back to the command center for the mission briefing.

All: As you come back into the command center you see that Odin has also adorned himself for action. He wears tight form fitting black body armor, his twin revolvers ride on his hips, and you can see his sword, assualt rifle, and shotgun, resting on a table nearby. Despite his age, he looks like he could take every one of you in this room in a fight, together or one on one. His easy sense of comraderie erased by a hunters gaze, fire burns behind his eyes, and ever movement he makes is graceful yet strong. There is a reason that Odin has held the military wing of the resistance together for as long as he has, he presence radiates surety of purpose and abosulte authority of command.
Taking seats around the room, Odin will direct you to data slates seated in front of you. Despite the haphazard seating arrangements you are unsurprised to find the slate bearing your name at your chosen chair. Forsythe is the kind of commander that knows his troops inside and out, and your years of service under him have brought you all close as a unit.

"Well boys and girls, this is it. The start of a long road to the end of this war and we are going to do this one by the books." he directs you to follow along with him in reviewing the information contained in the slates. " I have pared down all that drudgery the general sent us, and have included the things that I think will be the most pertinent intel for our purposes. It appears that the ACS has recently upgraded its security systems, so Loki I want you to learn everything you can about them as fast as you can. Most of what they have done is there, the system is still archaic by our standards, but it doesn't mean that the don't have nasty surprises in store for unwanted guests."

"The biggest issue I think we are going to face on this one is we don't know exactly how many ACS personnel we are going to be dealing with. One report say s only a couple of dozen security personnel, a mix of CED and ACS military, another indicates that it is closer to a hundred with support personnel. The reports indicate that the process of production and distribution of the drugs is almost entirely automated so there shouldn't be a large civilian presence aside from a few maintenance and sience workers. I don't want to go into things blind though, we need to do a bit of recon."

Shifting his gaze to Thor, Odin continues, "Take Poet, Buck, Fenris, and Hermes. Get me up to date intel on the outer perimeters, guard personnel, and layout. Maybe Fenris can get a few of those Spy Drones inside to get a good look around there to. I want you rolling with in the half hour."

Taking in the troopers that he hadn't mentioned, "We are going to shut this place down and move our forward operating base to safe house A39-B. It is closer to the facility and less conspicuous. The increased CED patrols in the area have me a bit on edge, especially with what we are going to be attempting. I want to limit our profile. Loki stay hooked in here until the we are ready to go. Tap into ACS surveillence and see if you can't help the Recon team with available intel. Cue Ball you and I are going to tackle the supply room, get everything you can packed into the vans, you should have enough room. Osiris, Spectre, clean this place. I want all traces of our presence erased, then get down here and help Loki tear down the system in here."

"Do what we do people, we are all in. Dismissed."

Thor(Deathbringer), Poet(Angel of Blood), Buck(Anilar), Fenris(Komanko), & Hermes(Karak): Gathering your supplies quickly and efficiently, an excersise you have done many times before, you find yourself pulling out of the underground parking facility of the building 20 minutes after the briefing with Odin is over, Poet is driving the van. You make your way slowly across the city, taking a circuitous route around areas that you know from having been here before are ACS hotspots. As you come into the industrial district of the city, you get a glimpse of Lake Michigan as you start down into the district proper just as the sun is falling below the horizon. Turning down a side street, the one you need to take to get to your staging point, you see that the way ahead is blocked by two military vehicles. There is nothing that says they are there because of you, but you can go no further without encountering them. Thor will need to decide if he wants to find another route around, if he wants to park somewhere near by and try and make it the two additional miles to the facility on foot, or if he wants to brave the check point with the fake papers you all have. [Deathbringer: If you decide to brave the check point make the decision and give the order but do not cover the interaction with the Military personnel in this update]

Loki(Santaire): You are busy hacking away in the command center. You have managed to get a good feel for the security system installed in the chemical facility, easily finding the backdoor access points, the archaic machine unable to keep up with your processing capabilities let alone what you are able to do with the high powered system in the commmand. You are even able to get a few video feeds pulled up from inside the compound itself. Thinking that Odin had asked you to see if you could assist the recon team in anyway you scroll through a series of stolen surveillence camera feeds and find their van heading down the street toward an apparent military check point. You are about to radio the recon team, to tell them that you should be able to fabricate even better cover identities for them, when all of a sudden the lights in the building cut out, the power to the main computer suddenly severing your connection with the external feeds. Proximity alarm systems in the buildings internal system, which is still wired through your integrated systems start flaring to life for you, but the audible alarms in the building do not sound, you try to radio the rest of your combat team only to find that the frequencies are filled with static. What do you do? You know that Odin did not want any part of this system to fall into the wrong hands and since you were going to be tearing it down anyway do you destroy the system? You have your weaponry but remember that gunshots would draw attention to the team if this was a false alarm, though you doubt for some reason that it is one. You also know that Osiris and Spectre were starting their cleaning job from the top of the building down, do you go meet with them? You need to make a decision and act on it.

Osiris(Jackinator) & Spectre(Lord Ramo): You have made it through the the first couple of floors of the building starting from the top down, picking up discarded equipment and the few sniper hides that are located there. There isn't a lot to do on these floors as the Valkyrie teams that use this building are pretty good about covering their tracks, but still a loose pack of playing cards here, a cigarette pack there, are all tell tell signs of their presence. You are about to step out of the stairwell on to the 12 floor when the interior lighting in the building just cuts off, and emergency lighting does not kick on. Trying your radios you find that you are unable to reach any of the other Valkyrie team members that you are with, the frequencies just filled with static. You have your weapons with you, but remember that gunfire would draw attention to the building faster than you would ever want, and in the event that this is some sort of false alarm you don't want to go giving away your position. Spectre you will need to decide how you two proceed. Do you head to the Command center to rendezvous with Loki on the 5 floor to help him tear down or destroy the rest of the buildings system? or do you try to make it to the basement to get with Odin and Cue Ball? [Ramo make the decision and give your orders but you will not arrive at either location until the next update]

Cue Ball(CaptainFatty): You are in the supply room with Odin packing things into the two waiting utility vans parked on the loading dock in the underground parking garage of the building. You have packed all the weapons, ammunition, and medical supplies are about to start packing the last of the food supplies when the lights in the structure go out and emergency lighting does not come on. Odin immediately jumps on the radio, "Loki, what is going on?" but his inquery is met only with static on the radio frequencies. "Spectre? Osiris?" he attempts again with negative results. From the level above you in the parking structure, the one that leads out onto the street, you hear the grinding and wailing of something cutting through wood and metal and the sound echoes eeriely down the ramp to the dock. Odin looks at you as he unlimbers his sword, "I am not sure what is going on Cue Ball, but it doesn't sound like friends dropping by for dinner. If we encounter enemies close combat and darts only. No noise." He says rolling back the sleeves of his BDU shirt to expose his weapon gauntlets, the dart gun sliding out with a quiet hiss of hydraulics, "We hold the loading dock until the rest of the team arrives." The last both an order and a statement of fact, surety in your combined skills evident in his voice. "Move." He says and makes his way up the ramp towards the next level.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 02:26 AM
The Omnipotent

CaptainFatty's Flag is: Australia

"Nightstalkers. I want you all geared up and ready in ten. Full mission briefing will be then. Let's go hunting folks." Forsyth’s words seemed to stick with Eric as he left the command centre. This was really it. They were going to bring down the ACS. The thought was with him the entire way to his room as he almost skipped with excitement. He kicked the door to his room open and stepped in, heading for his cupboard. Throwing the doors back revealed his armoured fatigues, the uniform that had probably saved his life more times than he’d like to admit, the lightweight alloy designed for maximum protection and far better than what most ACS troops were given. He threw a few punches into the vest, the metal plates ringing against his bionic fist. After throwing his armour on, Eric grabbed a protein bar and headed towards the supply room, eager to retrieve the weapons that he would use to kill the ACS with.

The first thing he noticed upon entering the supply room was how neat it was. David and Ryan had done a damn good job of cleaning it and everything was easy to find for once. Eric went to town, loading himself up with weapons and ammunition all the while thinking about what they were about to accomplish together. Freedom. The liberation of an oppressed people. He had always hated being on sentry duty, having to stare into the blank, almost sad faces of the people while being unable to do anything about the ACS patrols that wandered the streets. Well no more, he thought, slamming a fresh magazine into the heavy machine gun and throwing it over his back, it ends today.

Sweeping a few ration packs into a large pouch, Eric headed for the command centre, happy that he was ready for any situation Forsyth deemed necessary to throw him into. The Colonel himself was geared up and ready to go, his very presence commanding loyalty. Despite Eric being physically larger than the Colonel, he knew there was no chance he could beat the man in a one on one fight, perhaps not even ten on one. He was a god on the battlefield and the greatest leader he had known. If they were going to destroy the ACS, he was glad it was with this man. He took a seat and looked around at his squad mates and noticed the fire hadn’t died in their eyes. Most of them were just as eager as he was about ending this although some were unnervingly calm. Looking down at the data slate, he began to flick through the information that Forsyth had prepared for them as the Colonel went through the briefing. They were to move closer to the facility and scout it out, beginning what would be their most ambitious and potentially difficult mission ever. Eric knew they could do it though, the men and women he had served with all these years plus the Russian, a man that, because the Colonel trusted, he could trust, would have no problem with the trials ahead.

“Sir!” Eric nodded in reply to the Colonel and followed him down to the supply room where they were to pack everything into the vans and move to the next safe house.

Once everything but the food was packed, Eric sat leant on a shelf, opened protein bar in hand. “Sir, once we’ve scouted this place, are we gonna-“ he started speaking but was cut off by the loss of lighting. When the backup lighting didn’t come on, they knew something was wrong. Forsyth tried to contact the members that were still in the building to no avail. They were alone for the time being.

"I am not sure what is going on Cue Ball, but it doesn't sound like friends dropping by for dinner. If we encounter enemies close combat and darts only. No noise." Forsyth said after hearing the grinding sound from upstairs. As the Colonel readied his weapons, Eric did the same, drawing his knife, activating it and sliding the dart gun out of his weapon gauntlet. "We hold the loading dock until the rest of the team arrives. Move.”

“Roger that,” Eric replied, following the Colonel up the ramp. He didn’t need the last order, if the troops were hostile, they wouldn’t lay a hand on the pair that moved to oppose them, he was sure of that, “they won’t get near the dock.”

I am the devourer of worlds and the plunderer of planets. I am the bane of races, the destroyer of intelligence. I am the omnipotent and you will all bow before me.

Last edited by CaptainFatty; 12-13-11 at 02:26 PM.
post #13 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 09:32 PM

Jackinator's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Victor 'Osiris' Hale

I stooped to grab an errant cigarrete butt, tossing it into the duffel on my shoulder, despite it's relatively small size there was almost nothing in it. The previous teams had been fairly efficient before they moved out, he'd only found the odd ruffled pack of cards and one collapsible hide on a corner balcony. Our mission was playing on my mind, I knew why we had to do it, why it was only our task, but it didn't mean I was happy about it. I knew how important it was, but that was why I couldn't quite get it out of my mind. I had enough understanding of how they worked to know that having only one team responsible was a risk that we didn't have to take. I half-smiled to myself, but then we were the best, the closest to a guarantee the NAFI had.

Perhaps it was just the situation on the streets preying on my mind, I kept getting drawn back to the patrols I'd seen. I remembered men like that, on the rare occasions when my father took me with him to work. Hard men, dull, uncommunicative, but good at inflicting pain, a complete contradiction to the appearance of my father. He had been smooth talking, intelligent, likeable. I'd never seen him with 'enemies of the state', but I'd read enough reports.

The lights flickered, and died. I snapped back to reality, frowning at myself, I hadn't been on active duty for over a year but that was no excuse for my disengaged attitude over the last few days. I paused in my clearing as the emergency lights failed to go on, we were used to the regular powercuts and fluctuations in the local lines, but the backups ran independantly. I pulled my pistol from it's holster, pulling out a silencer from a belt pouch. I screwed it into the barrel, we couldn't risk weapons fire being heard, but I wanted to be prepared. It wasn't an old style, of the kind that only dropped the report by a few decibels, but one of NAFI manufacture with advanced sound dampers along it's length, it gave it an odd, knobbled look, but meant that shots from it were literally whisper quiet.

I slid it back into it's holster, but left the strap unbuttoned, then unslung my hatchett from the back of my vest. It felt heavy and familiar in my hands, offering some small measure of comfort. Then, I slung the duffel onto my shoulder and began to move towards the stairwell, the odd bits of evidence up here were acceptable losses, especially if this mission went well. But if the ACS could get their hands on the equipment in the operations room it would be catastrophic.

I tried to contact the other team members in the building, but despite the nature of our communications, locked channels, codes, back up frequencies, every channel was filled with static. There was something up here. Holly was bound to be heading for the control room as well but the stairs would take to long. I stopped at the elevator and powered up the hatchett, sliding the blade between the doors, before turning it off again and working them open. I gazed into the darkened lift shaft, my vision, sharpened from my implants and upgrades easily picked out a path down the wall.

I swung down off the slight ledge, working my fingers into cracks, using the supporting girders to drop fifteen or twenty feet at a time. Dropping lightly on fingers and toes. I nearly slipped at one point, dust spiralling down from where I'd dislodged it. I swore under my breath as I swung out from the wall, legs swinging. I threw my arm round, catching a ledge so I hung spread eagled with my legs swinging below me, grunting, I heaved myself up a fraction until I could get my feet back on the support. Enhanced I may be, but a multi-storey fall would still give me pause for thought.

I stopped when I reached the floor of the operations room, forcing the doors open and stepping out into the corridor. I hefted the hatchett into a throwing stance, and advanced cautiously down the hall to the operations centre...

post #14 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 11:32 PM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

Preparation was a ritual, every single movement needed to be perfect, if he was not perfect, the mission would not be perfect. This was his moment, the single moment of calm, like the snipers final breath before the shot, the archers moment of tension as he held the string taught.

The point where one is no longer human, he is the weapon in his hands, his body was the weapon and he must become at one with it.

His reflection scratched gently at its shoulder, tracing a long line of puckered scar tissue, fingers gentle and delicate over the hard muscle. He closed his eyes, nostrils flaring as he inhaled, he wa.....

Emotion clouded him and he let out a low snarl, falling forward he slammed to the ground and his muscles corded as he pushed himself up arms tight to his sides muscles bunching. Extend, repeat, extend, repeat, he burned away the burn of Forsythe's gaze, the searing heat of reproach he had felt as he left the room. He fought against their mistrust, that he had not been trusted to know, to know of the hope burning in their hearts.

Extend, repeat, extend, repeat, he shouted curses at the walls, growling grunts of anguish came through gritted teeth as his heart pounded, a dull rhythmic metronome thudding against his chest.

Then the anger was gone and he lay upon the floor, sweat running in rivers down the deep groove of his spine.

He was left with hate, the one emotion that could never be burned away, it's scars seered into his soul with flame, the possibility for forgiveness ashes that blackened his heart.

He clad himself, every motion was slow, a ritual before the mirror, he watched as he placed his vibro blade within a sheath strapped to his left thigh, the stun batton in a long holster along his right. He watched every detail, pictured it in his mind, remembered the locations of his blades, of his pistols, engrained them in his mind. They were but extensions of his arms.

Fully clad, he breathed, let his lungs fill, let calm bubble over the hate, a brook running through molten lava, it burned away.

The eyes opened to stare at the door, a low hiss as he stood their hand upon the handle, a mantra of hatred

"I am hate, i am the weapon of destruction. None shall stand before me. For my father and those that have lost their father I shall kill. For my mother and those that lost their mothers I shall avenge til the world is whole again."

The door opened and he faced the blank corridor

"Blood cleft it in twain and blood will mend it again"

His tongue flittered across the sharpened spurs of his left fist and the iron tang filled his mouth a leering smile spreading as he strode away

"be it mine or the blood of my enemies, i shall not be found wanting"
__________________________________________________ _______

Forsythe, held them before he even opened his mouth, his sheer presence defying his age, the feeling of something unconquerable, undefiable, a beast that could not be caged.

Others sat in the scattered seating yet thor perched himself against the left wall, still a little surprised to find a data slate sitting their waiting for him, his eyes flicking idly over it as others filed in, words leapt out at him, yet nothing grabbed his attention, his mind flowing over the diagrams, etching memories in his brain.

He read on, Forsythes words rebounding off the burning hatred inside him, til the tone changed directed at him and his eyes lifted to meet the colonel's gaze.

Good, they would be doing the recon. His list of trusted personel was a small subset of this room, namely himself and Forsythe, reliable personel, the entirety of this room minus the russian.

The boy had skills, but he wasn't a fan of slippery things he couldn't always see.

The rest of the world could go screw themselves, the intel that had lead to the ballsup had come from a reliable source and that had left good men dead and Forsythe bleeding to death a force of irate assholes on their backs.

He would never forget that day, never, not til he died.

The team to go with him included the russian, he couldn't complain, something you couldn't see was a good thing to have on a recon mission. A medic was always useful if things turned sour, plus they could not make noise here, if things got nasty and murder had to be done, always good to have someone who knew how to make cover up obvious signs of foul play.

Poet was dependable to the last but Buck always made him shit himself. See an orphan and the bastard always looked like he was going to go awol and blow the whole thing.

Always one.

He'd have taken spectre if the choice had been with, she was poet with tits and a marskmans badge. Devoted to the cause with a body to match but considering their cover, he understood the reason she was being left on cig butt duty.

They said women had an eye for detail, being fair it was probably because women gave a fuck.

He said nothing, he never did, there was nothing to say, he just met Forsythe's iron gaze and smiled.
__________________________________________________ ___

The van ran smoothly down the road, about 10 blocks away two military vehicles sat, squat ugly things.

Poet could have them both from 100 meters if he chose, single grenade laucher shot onto the engine of the first, ignite the gasoline, fire, burn, death.

The checkpoint caused him little thought and he leaned back as he eyed it up watched the military personnel, lean and efficient, their stance bored and annoyed as some were admitted some turned away to try their luck elsewhere.

What to do, ample time to turn, the papers they were given done by Nafi and checked by Loki, so often excellent, 95.3% effective the tech boy said.

Thinking annoyed him, he preferred to talk but this was his decision yet the silence gnawed at him, so he spoke, his voice low and gruff

"I think the colonel has made it abundantly clear, this is the endgame. This is no fuck up territory."

3 options, go through, go around, park up and footslog it

"I dont think I need to go through the obvious with you, but as were in the endgame and I have such a beautiful voice...."

he wasn't walking, their cover was workman on a non existant project, workman dont walk to work.

"This is a no combat operation, if we get spotted we walk away, if we do get our blades bloody, we sure as hell clean up and make it look like the most innocent of accidents."

Going through had its merits, it would test the Id and mean for the real thing the boys on this checkpoint would know them already, familiarity allowed you to get away with so many things, people relaxed if they knew you.

"A single person mia in a high priority area like this could make it fucking difficult to crack when we come here for the real thing"

if they got denied who cared, but he'd prefer to avoid as much acs contact as possible, use the papers when they really had too, plus a little detour would allow them so see how many of these checkpoints there were per mile, how much manpower the acs was willing to blow on this place.

5 blocks away he put the radio to his mouth hoping to call Loki to get some monitoring on com networks, maybe a little intel on the number of roadbloaks.

Static hissed, no connection.

That settled it

He wasn't going in blind, not if the ACS knew where they where, or who they were. No risks

"Take the next right Poet. Command centre frequency is offline, either its jammed or Loki's already packed up and left. Either way were on our own"

His mind was made up and his tone moved from irritable condescension to hard intensity

"We've got time on our side and the more information we get the better. We're two miles out so we can start off with a perimeter scan and try and judge the number of road blocks the acs are putting out, if we can get a roadblocks per mile approximation, we know roughly how many personnel are going to be coming back at us once we blow the compound. It also means we know which roads they probably wont be using when were slipping out."

He gave a little growl

"If we have no choice but to push through a roadblock, Fenris, I want you in the hatch down below, if things get ugly, at least we have a safety net."

his eyes turned to the little ruski

"If we are turned away, when we turn this hunk of metal around you reckon can you roll out and disappear without detection?"

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
post #15 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-15-11, 03:23 PM

Karak The Unfaithful's Flag is: Great Britain

David prepered himself, making sure everything was in perfect condition, he wasn't going to take on the ACS with faulty equipment. He had his armour ready, medical equipment, shotgun and all that other crap that you have to take but hardly gets used.

He couldn't stop thinking about the day ahead, a million things could go wrong; the intel could be off, the ACS setting a trap for them...
a million things.

Hopefully nobody would get too badly hurt and give David a well-earned break but considering the scale of the mission, he doubted it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The van moved across the smooth road surface with any trouble, easy going so far.

He sat in the van, not really feeling or thinking anything. With him was Buck; a cheery kinda guy with a whole of load of explosives. Thor; the officer incharge of this little group, he was...different. Poet, the guy who had helped him clearing up the supplies. and finally, Fenris, a russian guy, nobody seemed to to keen on him.

That was it, the squad, everyone else were doing other things to do with the mission, wether they were also cramped in a small van he didn't know.

Thor was giving orders to poet, who was driving, David didn't care that much because it was not in his place to care. David was a medic, the saviour of life in a battlefield full of death limited only by the tools and equipment NAFI provided.

Which is why he didn't care what Thor was saying, it was his job the heal and mend and not anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomster View Post
Ok, doing good gentlemen.
(Except Karak, you are not really a gentleman, but more brutal.... a brutalman )
post #16 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-15-11, 05:02 PM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

Holly moved through the building quickly, heading to her private arming chambers and quarters. She knew that the Colonel would give the order soon, suit up and report back to him for duties. She wanted to move out soon, make the ACS hurt bad before wiping out the rest of the NAFI enemies. She entered her quarters quickly, moving straight over to the chest that kept her combat fatigues and armour.

She changed quickly, combat fatigues taking place of what she had worn while she had been patrolling outside. Her light body armour she pulled on over the top, it was light and allowed a lot of movement, as well as some protection from small rounds. She took from the bottom of her chest a pair of dog tags, placing one around her neck and the other in her boot.

"Nightstalkers. I want you all geared up and ready in ten. Full mission briefing will be then. Let's go hunting folks."

She sighed as she grabbed her balaclava, donning it before her helmet. She finally put on her shooting goggles, allowing her to shoot in dusty conditions. She strapped her vibro kukri to her leg, and her two pistols to her hips. Finally, grabbing her assault rifle and slinging her shotgun over her shoulders, she headed out of her room and off to the briefing room.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well boys and girls, this is it. The start of a long road to the end of this war and we are going to do this one by the books. I have pared down all that drudgery the general sent us, and have included the things that I think will be the most pertinent intel for our purposes. It appears that the ACS has recently upgraded its security systems, so Loki I want you to learn everything you can about them as fast as you can. Most of what they have done is there, the system is still archaic by our standards, but it doesn't mean that the don't have nasty surprises in store for unwanted guests."

Holly followed his trail of thoughts with the information provided on the data slates by the colonel. It would be a challenge but she was up to it, as was the rest of the team she hoped.

"The biggest issue I think we are going to face on this one is we don't know exactly how many ACS personnel we are going to be dealing with. One report say s only a couple of dozen security personnel, a mix of CED and ACS military, another indicates that it is closer to a hundred with support personnel. The reports indicate that the process of production and distribution of the drugs is almost entirely automated so there shouldn't be a large civilian presence aside from a few maintenance and sience workers. I don't want to go into things blind though, we need to do a bit of recon."

Shifting his gaze to Thor, Odin continues, "Take Poet, Buck, Fenris, and Hermes. Get me up to date intel on the outer perimeters, guard personnel, and layout. Maybe Fenris can get a few of those Spy Drones inside to get a good look around there to. I want you rolling with in the half hour."

Holly almost stood from her position. She was annoyed she wasn't going with the others, she could have provided overwatch for them, and any chance she could find out anything that would be useful to help her harm the ACS in anyway. She stayed quiet though, and was glad that she had her face mask on, so that no one could tell her annoyance.

"We are going to shut this place down and move our forward operating base to safe house A39-B. It is closer to the facility and less conspicuous. The increased CED patrols in the area have me a bit on edge, especially with what we are going to be attempting. I want to limit our profile. Loki stay hooked in here until the we are ready to go. Tap into ACS surveillence and see if you can't help the Recon team with available intel. Cue Ball you and I are going to tackle the supply room, get everything you can packed into the vans, you should have enough room. Osiris, Spectre, clean this place. I want all traces of our presence erased, then get down here and help Loki tear down the system in here."

She almost sighed, great she was on clean up duty.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She moved through the rooms, making sure no evidence of them remained whatsoever. Even though it wasn't the most glamorous of jobs, it was a fairly important one. They could not allow the ACS to know that they were operating in the area so she did the job seriously. She had progressed through the floors quickly, as had Osiris. In fact she had just finished the floor, and headed to the stairwell when the lights cut out.

She waited for the back up lights to come on, but when they didn't she frew one of her pistols. Obviously something had gone wrong, had they been found out? She tried to raise first Odin, then Osiris on the radio but all she got was static. She broke into a run, heading for the command room. Odin could look after himself and they had to ensure the command room was completely wiped. She drew her blade and holstered her pistol, she didn't want to attract attention to the building and her fellow Valkyrie members.

post #17 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-16-11, 09:43 AM

Howard made a quick salute to Holly as she scorned him for his enthusiam, a apoligizing smile on his lips. Buck didn't let it bother him, most of the people on the team had skeletons in the closet or heavy bagage from there past, but Buck had come to trust that everybody would do there part. He was no shrink or fortune teller, so all he could do was be there for them and smile.

Buck had no problem about being ready in 10, he was allready ready. He always went on sentry duty completely ready. So he spent his 10 minutes in the supply depot, filling a bag with some choice explosives. A few pouches with 10 bricks of plastic explosives each, detonators securely packed in hardened cases. A roll of explosive cord, fuses and a couple of claymore mines. Some extra grenades in the pockets of the bag, a few small shaped charges, and he was set.

In the command center Buck was not surprised to find a pad with his name, where he sat down. The Colonel going through the briefing, his presence of authority complete. Scrolling through the data, Buck went for any details he could find of the buildings and structures they were to assault. Layout, powerlines, storage areas and similar. As usual there wasn't much intel on the materials the structures had been made of, thou he suspected old time hardened concrete buildings. Which did have a tendency to survive even large explosions and bombardments. Luckily Osiris and Buck had a tendency to come up with the right solutions to that particular problem. Buck would let the soldiers and the scouts handle the intel on the security issues. Listening to all the questions, Buck kept quiet, if what Buck needed to know wasn't in the intell, he would have to find his information in the field together with his explosives.

As the recon team left the building, Buck was thinking to himself that he was still surprised how it could be, that fully armed soldiers in bodyarmour, just covered with some loose fitting rags of workers, could get through ACS checkpoints even with faked identity papers. But it did mean that he was not afraid to bring his bag of explosive, was the vehicle stopped with the intent of a search, there would be a hundred things that would give them away anyways. Buck guessed that the soldiers was also drugged, and therefor not so observant when it came to roadblock searches and similar.

There wasn't much talking as the van drove through the grey urban jungle, but as the closed in on the perimeter, they spotted a roadblock up ahead. Thor started to speak mostly to himself it seemed, but a order was given and a question asked, they were to drive around the perimeter, and count roadblocks. Buck released one of his little spidery marbles, he had modified it to release a heavy smoke cover if needed. He rolled down the window a little, as the van turned up another road, letting the marble climb outside of the vehicle, up under the building materials that was a part of there cover.

"Sir" Buck said directed at Thor "I have deployed one of my marbles for heavy smoke cover on the roof of the vehicle, just give the order if I need to deploy it. If we don't want to use up Fenris scout drones, I can deploy one as a set of eyes we leave behind, thou the range I can see through them is much less than Fenris Drones."
Buck had no doubt that thoughts along those lines was allready going through Thor's mind, but Buck had been trained to present any options he had to his commanding officer. If you didn't present the trivial and straight forward options, how could a officer trust that he would be presented with options, if a situation had went right into the drain.

Sneaky Wood Elf.
Give me a 5+ ward save and I can't be killed.
post #18 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-18-11, 06:39 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Forsythe turned to face Ethan. "I asked the same question Ethan. It all comes down to the fact that we don't quite know exactly were the second facility is. I issued the orders this morning to the Guardian Angels and the Thunderbirds and Major's Nelson and Clark are now tasked to scour the country side in Alabama, Mississippi, and Lousiana looking for it. They have been told it is a new weapons manufacturing plant and the specifics of the facilities nature have not been given to them. Without an actual location the General feels that it is best to act quickly and decisively on the intel we do have. I have also activated the Dark Knights and the Shades. They are moving toward DC to recon the Cardinal's compound, they are going to do the leg work on that end giving us on the ground intel of the Cardinal's security forces, updates to the compound, and ACS military assets in the field there for when we arrive in a couple of weeks. We take a stab at the Cardinal every couple of years and they see this attempt as nothing out of the ordinary."

Forsythe took a cigarette from a packet and lit it before continuing "Don't worry boys we will have back up at our other locations, but here in the Windy City we are on our own. Hopefully the teams down south will come up with something by the time we rendezvous with them. Once we crack this first nut the ACS will be scrambling to get on the defensive, I don't intend to give them the time to batten down the hatches and dig in. This comes directly from the General boys, no one is to be told of the exact nature of this mission until he lets out.”

Forsythe took a long drag on the cigar before staring at the blueprints for a short while before he spoke again, broadcasting to the whole team. "Nightstalkers. I want you all geared up and ready in ten. Full mission briefing will be then. Let's go hunting folks." Ethan nodded and left the control centre, heading to his small quarters. Once there he shrugged off the casual clothes he had been wearing and pulled on his combat fatigues. Over it he fitted his armoured Bodyglove and trench coat. He pulled on his black gloves and dark tinted sun glasses before leaving the room.

He headed down to the supply area and noted that it had been sorted out by Hermes and Poet. He took his SMG and Pistols first, slipping the pistols into their holsters and the SMG into its case before strapping them into place. He picked up his extendable stun baton, checked the charge before strapping it onto his leg. Finally he took hold of his sheathed Vibro Blade. He slide it out, examined the blade before slamming it home and strapping the sword into place. Now armed and armoured for battle he moved back up to the control room in preparation for the briefing.

Once everyone had arrived they sat in their places and Forsythe directed them to the Data Slates in front of them

"Well boys and girls, this is it. The start of a long road to the end of this war and we are going to do this one by the books." He directed them to follow along with him in reviewing the information contained in the slates. “I have pared down all that drudgery the general sent us, and have included the things that I think will be the most pertinent intel for our purposes. It appears that the ACS has recently upgraded its security systems, so Loki I want you to learn everything you can about them as fast as you can. Most of what they have done is there, the system is still archaic by our standards, but it doesn't mean that the don't have nasty surprises in store for unwanted guests."

"The biggest issue I think we are going to face on this one is we don't know exactly how many ACS personnel we are going to be dealing with. One report say s only a couple of dozen security personnel, a mix of CED and ACS military, another indicates that it is closer to a hundred with support personnel. The reports indicate that the process of production and distribution of the drugs is almost entirely automated so there shouldn't be a large civilian presence aside from a few maintenance and science workers. I don't want to go into things blind though; we need to do a bit of recon."

Shifting his gaze to Thor, Odin continued, "Take Poet, Buck, Fenris, and Hermes. Get me up to date intel on the outer perimeters, guard personnel, and layout. Maybe Fenris can get a few of those Spy Drones inside to get a good look around there to. I want you rolling with in the half hour."

Taking in the rest of them he said, "We are going to shut down and move our forward operating base to safe house A39-B. It is closer to the facility and less conspicuous. The increased CED patrols in the area have me a bit on edge, especially with what we are going to be attempting. I want to limit our profile. Loki stay hooked in here until we are ready to go. Tap into ACS surveillance and see if you can't help the Recon team with available intel. Cue Ball you and I are going to tackle the supply room, get everything you can packed into the vans, you should have enough room. Osiris, Spectre, clean this place. I want all traces of our presence erased, then get down here and help Loki tear down the system in here."

"Do what we do people, we are all in. Dismissed”

Ethan stayed in the control centre as the others filed out and opened up his vid screen. He tracked the recon team’s progress via cameras before moving on to hacking into the ACS system. It had been updated but he found the back door easily and entered the system. He passed through the files, saving those that looked interesting and avoiding those that contained viruses. Bored, he switched to activating the few remote cameras. The Recon team was approaching a checkpoint and he went to radio in.

“Thor…” he began but was suddenly cut off by a rush of static. He checked his vid screen, nothing. He had just been cut off. “Odin… Spectre…” he tried but was greeted by nothing but static. “Damn,” he cursed and froze for a split second while he processed the details of these new circumstances. He had 2 viable choices; go and meet Spectre and Osiris who were near the top floor or begin to wreck the control room and strip out all incriminating equipment and systems. Ethan went for the second option and moved quickly and silently to one of the wall stations. He placed one of his revolvers on a desk to one side before beginning to gently ease the wires from their sockets.

While he worked his eyes scanned the room and the sophisticated organs in his head began working, transmitting data to his mind about the occupation of the surrounding buildings. He closed his yes momentarily and when he opened them they glowed blue and he could see the electric pulses radiating from everything that was consuming energy. He sensed the computers and, very faintly, the other members of his team. He continued with his work but kept his gaze fixed on the doorway as he waited for someone to enter…

Last edited by Santaire; 04-25-12 at 07:28 PM.
post #19 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-23-11, 02:05 PM
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!

komanko's Flag is: Israel

Wolf spoke to sheep, hunter to hunted, Fenris found it peculiar that Forsythe communicated with the general so casually, it seemed so wrong that a wolf should be bound to a sheep by ties of friendship or respect. He snorted his displeasure, though the general was a sheep in Fenris’s opinion Forsythe did command respect and as such he should not be questioned about his ties with the general as peculiar as it was.

They both continued speaking, it was Forsythe’s turn to speak now and it seemed, through his words, that the location of the second facility was not known yet. How did they expect them to take over the facility if the location wasn’t even known… Fenris sighed at those words, he had a feeling that they would have to search for it themselves.

The discussion was finished, the general gone now, back to his duties. The wolves were left to hunt. Forsythe decided that it was the time to reassure them, telling them that they will have back up at the future locations… Useless information, there was nothing to fear, nothing to be reassured about, if it would seem that the enemies numbers are enormous the solution would be simple and easy, thin their ranks, exterminate, cull the weak. The weak were everywhere and as such weakness was found everywhere.

His ear flickered as it caught the sound of inhaling, Fenris’s attention was caught by Forsythe’s habbit, a single cigarette hanging loosely from in between his fingers. Bad habit, a wolf shouldn’t make his risky life even riskier. It can prove to be suicidal. Not to mention it created a habit, habits were weakness to be exposed by the enemy, soft spots to be used against one. Fenris could not afford such weakness, one such as this would being swift death.

His mind drifted away as he thought about the millions of grey people, all smoking the same poison, yet Forsythe was different, why would he fall into the same pit of hopelessness… It was beyond him…

Finally they were dismissed, Forsythe dismissed them in order to gather them, an ironic thing yet necessary for those who weren’t ready. Fenris was always ready, he did not need anything, all he needed was implanted inside him in the form of alternation and experience. Even without his weapons he was still the herald of death, his footsteps silent as the flight of an owl at night, his breath silent like that of a dead man.

He stood up, the chameleonic effect quickly ended as his skin returned to its normal color. “That’s a bad habit colonel.” Fenris said and pointed at the cigarette before he left the room.

After a short walk Fenris reached his room, as ironic as it was his room was even greyer then that of a normal person, lifeless one would say. Grey walls, grey floor, grey ceiling. A chair, a bad, a small closet. That was all, his stuff he always kept here, he did not trust others with his stuff, it was too risky, one could lose it, misplace it, and when it is most needed it shall be gone. No… He couldn’t trust someone with such things.

Without further thoughts Fenris began to pack his things, after he finished with the regular things as clothing he moved to his weapons. He should be armed and ready. His revolvers were placed in their holsters on his waist, both his swords were holstered on his back and his assault rifle over his shoulder. As usual he hid his knives, his most trusted weapons, his deadliest one, a surprise to any overconfident opponent.

When he was finished Fenris say down, closing his eyes he breathed in and out slowly, it was his secret ritual, his depressive anguish. “I offer up my body and spirit to the endless void of death, I commend my spirit to your could grasp and my body to this earth.” Such a depressive ritual, it brought memories racing, his first mission, his first kill, his whole life... His whole death… If he would’ve dwelled on such thoughts a little longer he would’ve realized that he never truly lived, all of his life was surrounded by death. But to dwell on such things was to invite madness, and madness was a weakness to be exploited by the enemy, this he could not allow. His cold calculating side took over quickly and he finished his ritual “May the deaths I inflict come and hunt me after my life is over, may the families forgive my most grievous sin…” His heart wrenched as pictures of his murdered family surfaced in front of his eyes. They were gone… Long gone…

++++++++++++++++++

A short trip back and Fenris was in the command center again, he looked around inspecting his squad members, everyone looked ready, their spirit soaring ever higher. He looked at each one of them until he was caught in the wolf’s gaze. From across the room he saw Forsythe, both locked eyes in some sort of a mutual understanding, a bestial nature was within both of them and each sensed it on the other. If Fenris was a wolf then Forsythe was the alpha male, a leader of unquestioned strength and skill. Fenris would proudly serve under him.

Everyone sat down, and as such, so did Fenris, although sitting down was the last thing he wanted to do now. After he cast his soul once again to its death he wanted nothing but to spring on his prey and slit his throat. He was ready to hunt, not ready to be lectured but such a position demanded certain requirements and as such he sat down.

Forsythe was enthusiastic, hopeful, in a way he might have even seem desperate. He wanted this to end, he so desperately did and while his talk seemed, it left a lot of room for doubt and uncertainty. Because of Forsythe’s desperate need to end this conflict it seemed that he decided to not leave anything to luck this time, he wanted everything to be perfect, to be sure, yet such perfection… It takes the fun out of the hunt…

Fenris’s eyes gleamed in anticipation when Forsythe said that the security systems were upgraded, it would be more challenging hopefully, manslaughter, it was a child’s game, anyone can kill a man, but to take it into the level of an art was something completely different. Different game, different rules.

Yet as much as it seemed that Forsythe wanted this operation to be perfect it still looked like they are missing a lot of information to help achieve such perfection, after discovering that the security systems were upgraded it was also noted that they have no information on the amount of personnel in the facility. This was getting more and more interesting by the minute, he could feel his heart racing with grim anticipation. Only through blood could he ever make the grim and grey existence of his feel more sufferable…

As if someone was listening to his thoughts Forsythe continued and said that he was to go, along with some of the others to get an up to date intel on the outer perimeter. It seemed that his life’s purpose is about to reach its glorious ending, beginning so many years ago and now… Now he will be able to repay his debts. Looking behind him he could nearly see the trail of bodies which he left in his wake, so many dead and dying, so many maimed and injured yet they were all silent, afraid of the wolf that claimed that pile… A fiendish smile spread on his face and his green eyes gleamed maliciously.

++++++++++++

Fenris was waiting for the past ten minutes, it seemed that not everyone were as excited as he was towards this glorious hunt. Not all shared his twisted vision of glory yet none of them was eternally locked in a prison of anguish only to be released to hunt. He growled in displeasure, they were taking way too long.

Finally they were here, their stuff packed as was Fenris’s. They all got inside the vehicle, it seemed like this time Poet would be driving. They drove in a circle, their way much longer, yet a lot safer… Each moment seemed like eternity for Fenris, his senses were on the edge, so sharp that it was painful. The grey sky and grey walls of the buildings around him seemed to be reeking with life, too much life, too many pointless lives which will not lead anyone anywhere yet it was not he who chose the targets, and as such those common civilians, those puppets on strings would live another day, although he would be doing them a favor by ending their lives, they served no purpose…

The ride went on and on, it seemed that they were driving really carefully as Fenris noticed that they were going around the major activity points of the ACS. He let out a near silent growl, these were the most disgusting sort of people, a hybrid between a sheep and a wolf, sheep’s that served wolves as guards, pfft, that was pathetic. Their lives should be ended at sight, they had no reason to live, they lived to serve others, they didn’t enjoy the hunt, they didn’t marvel on the taste of blood, empty husks with no real guts. He narrowed his eyes in hatred as he watched them pass the ACS patrols, another time… His blood lust knew no bounds…

Suddenly they stopped, he watched from the window of the van, then he saw the reason for why they stopped. Two vehicles were blocking their path, they were not opening fire against them, it seemed that they were not expecting them nor awaiting them, was it a trick by the ACS, was there a mole in the organization? It wasn’t possible, only a handful knew of their plan… Yet if there was… Then it must be one of them! No. It wasn’t possible, he have never seen such trickery from the ACS they were too simple, they couldn’t pull off such a plan.

He heard his name, it resounded several times before he realized that someone was speaking to him. He blinked several times, his focus lessening, the world seemed to change in shape but his hearing was coherent now, he did not realize until now how much focused he really was.

He looked at Thor, his hungry eyes reflecting from Thor’s cold determined eyes, he didn’t speak, words were useless, he nodded and moved back towards the hatch, he would be ready if the need arose. In total silence he will drop out of the hatch, he will move like shadow itself, his skin will mimic his mind’s eye, and in but a moment he would be gone, ready to scout and wreak horror and paranoia on the enemies senses.

I see in colors, can only smell in grey,
Blinded by light, I drown in dismay.
post #20 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-23-11, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Default Update #2

Thor(Deathbringer), Buck(Anilar), Poet(Angel of Blood), Hermes(Karak), & Fenris(Komanko): As you all drive in a circle around the perimeter of the chemical facility, you find several interesting points of intel. First off there is a roadblock at each of the 7 streets that lead into the facility. Each is manned by two humvee like vehicles each vehicle having a compliment of 3 men. The all carry standard issued m4 type carbine weapons popular with the United States military for the last 200 years. The weapons are far inferior to your own compliment of arms, but the men who bear them carry them with a relaxed proficiency of professional soldiers. You have not been able to get a close enough view of the compound that lies about a quarter of a mile behind each of the check points other than to see that the facility itself is surrounded by a concrete wall with secured, gated entrances along each of the main approaches. After observation of the 7 roadblocks you believe that the one coming from the southeast would be your best bet. The soldiers there appear to be less capable. The rarely turn away vehicles, and over half of them are seated away from the checkpoint, playing cards at a makeshift table. As you continue along, Fenris you notice that for the last several minutes an unmarked black sedan seems to be tailing your movements. The car is totally non-descript, fits in well with the rest of the traffic flow, but the fact that it has turned the same directions you guys have puts your nerves on edge. Thor it appears that you have all the intel that you are going to get by doing a perimeter check. Do you brave one of the checkpoints at this time, or do you try to find an abandonned building or secluded alley in which you can dump the van and go in on foot. You don't know what is going on with the sedan that Fenris spotted. Do you use caution and try and act more normally than before, or do you lure the sedan into an alley and attempt an ambush? Thor make your decision and issue your orders. The rest of you react and comment on what your characters are seeing. Buck what do you notice about their arms and munitions that you feel might be pertinent information that the Major might want to know? (Anilar the rifles they carry are as I said standard M4 type assault rifles, but you can tell that they have been well cared for by the soldiers that wield them. Each having a variety of accessories to optimize their use. You also can tell that the humvees are equipped with weapon mounts, but that they do not seem to bear the heavy weapons that would go there at this time.) Poet what do you think of the solidery? They look like they have training but what do you notice about them that you feel would be important to mention? (You pretty much have free reign here, just remember that they look like trained and experienced warriors). Fenris what are you thinking and what points about the sedan and the soldiery catches your marksman's eye? Hermes what imput do you have to the situation? [Thor once your decision is made begin to enact it, but again, if you approach the road block stop before you begin interaction with the military personnel there. That will be for next update.]

Cue Ball(CaptainFatty): As you sneak up the ramp to the next level at the Colonel's side you begin to hear the chatter of other individuals on the level above, your enhanced hearing making them audible well before they come into view. You hear the rumbling of several engines above and place them as heavy trucks or large SUVs. What strikes you as odd is that you can barely understand what they are talking about as they seem to be speaking in rapid spanish. That bit of information doesn't sit well with your new house guests being ACS. Looking to the Colonel you see that he is listening intently to the conversation going on above, he puts a finger to his lips and make a gesture that tells you to stay where you are for a moment. After what seems like an eternity he ghosts across the intervening ramp and sqauts down next to you, "I don't know what the fuck happened Cue Ball, but those are soldiers from the Mendoza Crime Family. From what I can gather they noticed Spectre and Osiris while they were on patrol. I recognize the name of the piece of shit, Rudolfo Ruiz, that is leading them and it is obvious he is out for revenge. Spectre killed his brother in Mexico about 14 years ago. What the fuck are they doing this far into ACS territory. The last thing we need is a war with the Cartels while we are trying to sort out the ACS. I am hoping that he assaulted us here without informing the family. We need to hit them hard and silent, we don't need the whole weight of the Mendoza's to fall on us right now." A sudden noise catches Forsythe's attention, and he clams up, listening. It sounds like there are several sets of boots walking down the ramp to the level you are on now. "Silent and final," Forsythe whispers to you before melting into the shadows on the wall opposite you. Sure enough seconds later three large individuals walk down the ramp, all armed with shotguns and small automatic pistols. From your concealed position you watch as the move just past you and the Colonel. Your heightened hearing hears the shot of the dart, where the victims of the attack are clueless, and one of their member crumples silently to the floor as Odin explodes like a panther out of the shadows where he had been hiding, grabs the second by the side of the head from behind and with a vicious twist breaks his neck. This leaves one for you, silence him quietly. [You of course would have leapt into action as soon as the Colonel fired his dart, so act simultaneously with his second kill. Just take care in how you kill this one, actions have consequences.]

Osiris(Jackinator): As you make your way down the hall way, you are surprised when a man, short dark haired and dark skinned, comes barreling around the corner of and intersection. He is just as surprised by you and he raised his shotgun to fire. You are a hairs breath faster and you react with your hatchet, flinging it through the air directly at him. Luckily for you his shotgun jams, and the round does not go off and he crumples to the ground, dead before he falls, your hatchet imbeded in his forehead, smoking slightly at the edges of the wound as the blade does its work. Taking a moment to listen for further intruders you hear nothing, so you take the opportunity to examine the body. He is definitely hispanic, which does not jive with your knowledge of the ACS and their military assets, but what would the Cartels be doing this far into ACS territory. You still need to make it to the other side of the building to meet up with Loki so move cautiously, there may be more enemies about.

Spectre(Lord Ramo): Travelling down the stairwell to the floor where the command center is located you keep your senses up and move cautiously down the stairs, taking two at a time, though you make very little noise as you do. This is a good thing because when you reach the 6th floor (you started on the 10th, and the command center is on the 4th) you hear to voices filtering up the stairwell. What strikes you as very odd is that the men are conversing in rapid spanish. You have no idea who it is that is currently in the building, but you are willing to bet that it isn't the ACS. Slowing your pace you come around a corner, just peaking past the edge of the wall, and see that there are two men climbing the stairs toward you. The both carry large shotguns and have small automatic pistols holstered at their waist. Whoever they are they don't belong here and they are armed. As the walk you hear one of the mention the name Rudolfo Ruiz and you are forcibly reminded of a mission into mexico roughly fourteen years ago. You now know beyond a shadow of a doubt that these men are Cartel soldiers. Silence them and move onto the command center. You have the drop on them so you shouldn't have any issues taking them out before they are able to get off a shot, and it does not appear they have radios so them alerting any allies is all but impossible as long as you are quick and quiet. [Ramo get with me over on MSN and we will talk about the mission and history that is pertinent.]

Loki(Santaire): You furiously work at disabling NAFI systems and hardware and as you do some you are able to tap directly into some of the surviellance cameras that are placed around the building. Multi-tasking like this is a breeze for you and you find that the building itself has 32 cameras that you are able to access remotely giving you a view of floors 4 and below. In the parking structure you see three large black SUVs and around 8 men, all carrying large shotguns and pistols, roving around, and a 9th man who wears two ornate looking pistols in shoulder rigs. He looks vaguely familiar to you and as you access your systems you place a name with the face. Rudolfo Ruiz, lieutenant in the Mendoza Crime Family. What the cartels are doing here is a mystery to you, but you work all the faster to disable and destroy evidence and NAFI intel. You see Odin and Cue Ball dispatching several Cartel soldiers in the lowest level of the garage by the dock, as well as Osiris take one out on the other side of this same floor. Unfortunately you can't get a visual on Spectre. As you flick through the camera feeds one by one, you find one that looks at the main door into the command center and you see that there are two enemy soldiers advancing on your position. You think that Osiris will be able to intersect them before they make it into the room, allowing you to deal with them together, but you are not 100% sure. If you had to take a gamble you would bet on Osiris making it. The only weapons that you have that would not cause a raucus are your baton and your sword, but you don't think that you could dispatch both enemies before one got a shot off, alerting the other cartel soldiers as well as any ACS personnel that were nearby. What do you do? Wait for Osiris? or try to take them both out solo before getting back to destroying the system? [Your choice will have consequences so choose wisely]

OOC: Angel of Blood- if you are able to post please do so. I would like for you to cover the last update, but you only need focus on the part when the recon team leaves headquarters and after that.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

Last edited by Midge913; 01-04-12 at 08:15 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode