The Aleron Factor- A Post Modern RP (Action Thread) - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-06-12, 07:23 PM

Jackinator's Flag is: United Kingdom

It wasn't too much of a challenge to patch into the explosives under each car and the smoke drone, but I didn't possess anything capable of controlling the tiny machine, setting a countdown was relatively simple, there was already one built into the software I simply had to set the time and then hit the metaphorical red button.

Odin continued with his orders, before calling back to me. "Osiris, with me."

I nodded sharply "sir."

I didn't know what had happened in the warehouse, and it grated, who would bring together so many members of the cartels, and so deep in ACS territory. I couldn't think of anyone so daring, or perhaps I didn't want to think of who could do it, cause that would have meant he was in the building. I felt somewhat relieved that he was gone, and though I fought to deny it, a little sorrowful. I clutched to that explanation with all the desperation and determination of a drowning man, the very thought of my father had been hanging over my head even more than usual these last months, a shadow I could never quite escape, though it felt a little lighter now.

----------------------

It wasn't long until we arrived, Odin Poet and Spectre entering first to silently and efficiently end the CED officers inside. It wasn't long until Thor and the rest arrived, presaged by their boots rapping on the hard surface of the floor. The rest of the building was swiftly proved empty and we spread out in a holding formation, keeping an eye on windows and doors, waiting for the colonel to tell us the next move.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-09-12, 07:39 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

As Hermes worked with his tools Loki winced occasionally, feeling the sting as syringes were inserted and flesh tugged. The human, emotional side of him felt like snapping at Hermes for not being more careful considering the pain he was in already but the logical – well, machine – part of him knew that it was his own damn fault after all, having refused a pain-killer.

But he needed his mind sharp to do what he had been tasked to do. He sent the co-ordinates to Thor and when Hermes was finished devoted his full attention to hacking into an imaging satellite positioned above them. He managed it with little difficulty, the most dangerous part being the open broadcast required to get a fix on its location. He cursed silently soon after he got access to the satellite, angry at himself for not having anticipated that different levels would require different pass-codes. He was currently on basic imaging and had switched to a scrambled, tight-beam broadcast and could not afford to turn it back to open for fear of doing what in the technological world was essentially lighting up a smoke flair.

But he did the best he could with what he had and discovered that the outside area was clear of hostiles. He said as much to Odin who grunted an affirmative.

The deaths were quick and clean, as was fitting. The three CED officers dying within seconds of each other as Odin, Spectre and Poet did their grizzly work. Loki stepped over the bodies and settled down on his haunches before opening up his vid-screen and scanning the surrounding area. He knew Thor and his team were there before the others could even hear their footsteps and when they entered he closed the vid-screen, stood and leant against a nearby workbench to listen to Odin’s next orders.

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
post #103 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-12-12, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Default Update #12

Hermes(Karak) & Big Al(Romero's Own): Big Al as soon as Hermes sees your injury he will approach you, his nimble hands peeling away the bandage you hastily applied. In no time, Heremes you are able to heal the wound and Big Al, though it is still a little tender, no vestigages of the wound remain.

All: Congregated around Odin on the second floor of the house, you all have a good view of the side of the Chemical plant out of the large bay window on the east side of the house. A rather pregnant silence permeates the room, as you all look upon the objective that brought you to this God forsaken town in the first place. Any other team, any other soldier's less experienced, would look upon the fortified bastion that the Chem Plant has turned out to be and given up before they began. But you, the Nightstalkers merely see another wall, another gun emplacment, and another hardened bunker. Despite the overwhelming odds against you, there is an air of excitement and purpose in the room around you.

Looking to your right and left you see that your comrades all have determination and perserverance plastered on their faces. It is with great anticipation that the silence finally breaks as Odin seems to shake himself free of the moment and turns to you all motioning you all to take a knee around him. He himself kneels and takes out a datapad, one that you have not seen before. Its technology seems to be a bit more advanced than you have seen before and you all can't help but notice the look of pride on Loki's face as the Colonel flips the device on and simply says,"Let's see it Loki."

The device humms for a moment before a three-dimensional holographic representation of the Chemical Plant, about an eight its actual size, springs to life over the device and the room is bathed in green light. Thor, concerned that the light will draw unwanted attention, you quickly move to the window and draw the tattered curtain across the large window, blocking anything that may be seen from the street from view.

[What does your character feel as they stare out the window at the Chem Plant? You know that it is going to be a tough job, but what does your character feel about the Nightstalker's chances of success? As Odin starts his presentation what do you think of this new method of mapping that seems to have Loki so pleased with himself?

Loki, this is indeed a technology that you have been working on for years, one that you and several other NAFI scientists have managed to get into working order just before you left for Chicago. Using stolen blueprints and specs that you have managed to pull from cyber-space you are resonably confident that the hologram now being used by Odin to display the Plant are as accurate as you can make them.]

"Alright boys and girls," he grunts gesturing at the display hovering in the air before his eyes, "This is it. We are going to assault the place on two fronts. I will be taking my team over the wall right across the street from this dump. It is where, according to Poet, that fucking Russian went over the wall and I'll be damned if there isn't a lapse in the surveillance coverage right here."

He taps a few buttons on the pad and a the views switch slowly as he continues to speak, "Thor, you and your team are going to enter in through an attached sewer system." The display shifts from the area of the wall Odin spoke of to the street on the south side of the plant. It rolls through the sewer access grate on placed out of the way in an alley, into the sewer system itself. " You will move about 800 feet down this main drain, to a maintenance alcove, to the right." Everything that Odin says is displayed in the holograph, walking you through what you are going to see. " At the end of the alcove, you are going to blow through the wall at the end, that should put you into the understructure of the Plant."

The display changes once more, passing through the wall, into what looks like a boiler room of some sort. Odin turns his gaze to Buck, "I don't want showy, give me surgical. If you perforate this series of generators," The display rotates to a top view, showing several blocky objects on the north wall of the room you are supposed to enter, "the you will alarms will trip because of power failure and they will be ontop of you with in minutes."

He taps a few more buttons and the display zooms out to show the entire sub-level and a mapped route through it to a room near the center of the massive complex. "This is the main power generation room. This is your objective." He nods to you Thor, making sure you are clear. "You hit here, my team will be going for the main mixing room."

"This is going to be touch and go folks. I will issue further orders as objectives are complete." He sigs, "Buck, Big Al, Poet, and Loki you are with Thor. Spectre, Osiris, Hermes, and Breaker you are with me." Taking you all in once more, pride radiating in his gaze he will say, "See you on the otherside. Move out."

Spectre (Lord Ramo), Osiris (Jackinator), Hermes (Karak), & Breaker (flash43): You follow Odin's imposing figure out of the house, armed and ready for anything that you could possibly run into. Spectre, you toss a grapple up the wall as Osiris and Breaker watch the approaching street routes for patrols. None come and within a matter of minutes all five of you are over the wall and following its perimeter, ducking from shadow to shadow like the ghosts you are, following Odin deeper into the facility.

[Karak and flash43- I would love for you to deal with the last update in your post for this one. If you have any issues please get with me.]

Thor (deathbringer), Buck (Anilar), Big Al (Romero's Own), Loki (Santaire), & Poet (Angel of Blood): Like your fellows, following Odin's order, you are out of the house and moving down the street, ghosting through the darkness, weapons ready for any surprises you may encounter. Fortunately, none present themselves. You find the sewers access door just as anticipated, but it is locked with a heavy padlock. The laser cutter in Buck's gauntlets however make quick work of that and in no time you are entering the sewers. Thor you are about to step forward to head down the tunnel in the lead of your squad, when Loki throws out a hand to stop you, bringing you to an abrupt halt the rest of the squad coming to a stop behind you.

[Santaire and deathbringer, I will be getting with you both via PM or MSN to let you know what is going on here. I would like your take on how the interaction would go before I reveal to the rest of the group what is going on. Angel of Blood, if you would post your response for the last update with this one I would appreciate it.]

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

post #104 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 03:30 PM

Karak The Unfaithful's Flag is: Great Britain

(in reply to both previous updates)

"Hermes, go with Loki in Spectre's vehicle and patch his ass up as we roll"

Treating wounds while under fire? treating wounds while in a moving vehicle? it was all the same to Hermes these days, because as long as someone, somewhere had been shot he'd be needed.

They made for the vehicles, cartel SUVs, Hermes turned to Loki, time to see how bad his wound was.

The wound was bad, Loki's arm was bleeding quite badly, every movement would have sent a judder of pain through his body, Hermes knew this wound would leave Loki's arm near-useless for a while yet. A quick look through X-ray showed the bone had been fractured, if the bullet had been a little closer Hermes would be dealing with a broken bone too.

"Ok Loki, there is a lot of bleeding and a fractured bone, on the whole the wound is quite severe

Hermes then pushed down on the wound with his left hand, and opened up the medicae gauntlet with his right. releasing the left hand momentarily to take hold of a syringe connected to a thin tube, which was in turn connected to his asclepius gland.

"The big problem is the bleeding, I'm going to need to stop that"

With his left hand planted firmly on the wound, Hermes injected Loki with a dose of asclepius, with that and enough pressure the bleeding should stop.

"your arm is going to be inactive for a while, you could probably get some motion into it but don't try and fire a gun or punch anyone in the face"

Hermes then reached into his belt pocket and took out some bandages, quickly made it into a sling and handed it to Loki.

"Once the bleeding has been dealt with, put your arm in that. If you suddenly feel dizzy later on or the wound opens up or anything come and see me, don't try and fix it yourself because you're bound to cock it up"

~~~~~~

"a little bleeding my large friend, but nothing I can't handle" Hermes said, as he finished working on Big Al's wounds.

Of course 'a little bleeding' was actually quite a lot of bleeding. Big Al had already soaked through one set of bandages before he arrived, but at least there was no major damage to the organs or bones.

After his work was done Hermes made his way to the rest of the squad, where Loki (who seemed to be doing fine) had begun conducting his presentation.

Loki began to outline the finer points of the chemical plant, the bastion they would soon have to take and hold. It would be a tall order. But saying that, this team had faced up to these challenges before, they were hand picked for these type of challenges, hand picked.

"This is going to be touch and go folks. I will issue further orders as objectives are complete." He sigs, "Buck, Big Al, Poet, and Loki you are with Thor. Spectre, Osiris, Hermes, and Breaker you are with me." Taking you all in once more, pride radiating in his gaze he will say, "See you on the otherside. Move out."

Odin. Their leader, to others a hero, but to the ordinary people of the country, an unknown. The team is top secret, no one would ever know their names, despite the difference they had made. But, Hermes thought, its still worth it.

he chuckled to himself, and said:

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klomster View Post
Ok, doing good gentlemen.
(Except Karak, you are not really a gentleman, but more brutal.... a brutalman )
post #105 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-17-12, 11:14 PM

Buck stood there with all the other nightstalkers, looking out the window at the freaking huge prewar industrial chemical plant, that taunted them all with its high walls, gun emplacements and hardened bunkers. It had been turned into a fortress, that was soon to meet a nightmare. Buck couldn't help smile like he always smiled, when he knew that he and the nightstalkers was about to go on a mission that would truly test there skill and abilities. And the smile was a little bit bigger as the mission would truly but pressure on the ACS.
Not that there chances was great, but it was still an old plant, not built to withstand a infiltration team with a lot of firepower and explosives. All they needed to do was getting inside and Buck could do a whole lot of damage to it. What was important was to cripple it entirely forever, but Buck was confident they would get inside, and that was all he needed. Completing the mission ofcourse the greater goal.

Suddenly the room was bathing in green light, Buck turned around quickly ready to jump for cover, but what he saw simply made him stare and go woaw. The room was lit in a huge holographic projection showing the entire plant, floor plan and all. Buck quickly gathered his wits and helped Thor close the curtains over the windows, making sure they would stay undetected. Odin started to lay out his plan of attack, splitting the teams in two as almost usual. Once again Buck was teamed with Thor, going for the main power room. As the mission objectives and infiltration routes was laid out, Buck walked through the hologram, spotting structural weaknesses support structures, just in case the plan would go to hell, and all he could do was damage or covering blasts if they would need to escape under fire.

It wasn't long after before the teams moved out into the darkness, all ready for the worst, weapons ready. Following Thor to the sewer access, the team first obstacle was the heavy padlock, which Buck quickly removed with his inbuilt lascutter. The team quickly poured inside, moving toward the access tunnels into the sewers proper, but before Thor could take point he was stopped by Loki, Buck at the rear could not see what made Loki cautious.

Sneaky Wood Elf.
Give me a 5+ ward save and I can't be killed.
post #106 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-18-12, 08:42 PM
Banned

Romero's Own's Flag is: Scotland

Alexander sensed someone approaching and looked up into a face he recognized. For a second his eyes moved to the ugly scar just visible behind Hermes’ ear but quickly looked away. The medic’s skilled fingers quickly stripped away the simple bandage Alexander had applied to the wound in his side. Alexander risked a look down and instantly regretted it, the cloth he had used as a bandage was soaked and the wound was still bleeding. The voice of Hermes, an American accent that Alexander had still not got used to hearing all the time, cut through his pain.

"A little bleeding my large friend, but nothing I can't handle"

Alexander managed a smile and hoped the medic was right, it might not be fatal but it sure as hell hurt. The medic finished up and moved away, following the rest of the group. The Scottish giant rose to his feet as well and after taking a few seconds to compose himself and get used to the pain in his side he hefted his dual miniguns and headed off after the rest of the team.

Joining the group gathered around Odin on the second floor of the house, Alexander had a good view of the side of the Chemical plant that Alexander knew to be their target out of the large bay window on the east side of the house. Alexander fell silent as he laid eyes upon the objective that had brought him to this forsaken town so far from home.

Yet despite the overwhelming odds and immense defences Alexander sensed a feeling of excitement and apprehension in the room. He allowed himself a smile; he was rolling with the big boys now. Even in Scotland people heard of the ‘Nightstalkers’, warriors without peers, a team without equal. To fight alongside them was an honour.

Looking to his right and left Alexander saw determination on his new comrades faces. It was with great anticipation that the silence finally breaks as Odin seemed to shake himself free of the moment and turned to the team. He motioned them all to kneel around him. He himself kneeled and took out a datapad. Its technology seemed advanced and Alexander was intrigued to find out more. Looking across at ‘Loki’ the team techy Alexander noticed a look of pride on his noble face.

The device hummed for a moment before a three-dimensional holographic representation of the Chemical Plant, about an eight its actual size, sprung into life over the device and the room was bathed in green light. Alexander saw Thor quickly rise and move to the window, pulling a tattered curtain across the block the light attracting unwanted attention. Alexander turned back to watching the hologram, he knew the boys at Hereford had been working on something similar but it was impressive to see that Loki had managed to create one with few resources.

"Alright boys and girls,"

Grunted Odin as he gestured at the display that hovered in the air before their eyes,

"This is it. We are going to assault the place on two fronts. I will be taking my team over the wall right across the street from this dump. It is where, according to Poet, that fucking Russian went over the wall and I'll be damned if there isn't a lapse in the surveillance coverage right here."

He tapped a few buttons on the pad and the view changed slowly as he continued to speak,

"Thor, you and your team are going to enter in through an attached sewer system."

The display shifted from the area of the wall Odin had spoken of to the street on the south side of the plant. It rolled through the sewer access grate placed out of the way in an alley, into the sewer system itself.

"You will move about 800 feet down this main drain, to a maintenance alcove, to the right."

Everything that Odin said was displayed in the holograph, walking Alexander through what he was going to see.

"At the end of the alcove, you are going to blow through the wall at the end, that should put you into the understructure of the Plant."

The display changed again. It passed through the wall, into what looked like a boiler room of some sort. Odin turned his gaze to Buck,

"I don't want showy, give me surgical. If you perforate this series of generators,"

The display rotated to a top view that showed several blocky objects on the north wall of the room Alexander and the rest were supposed to enter,

"then the alarms will trip because of power failure and they will be on top of you within minutes."

He tapped a few more buttons and the display zoomed out so that it showed the entire sub-level and a mapped route through it to a room near the centre of the massive complex.

"This is the main power generation room. This is your objective."

He nodded to Thor, making sure he was clear. Alexander made sure he remembered the route.

"You hit here, my team will be going for the main mixing room."

"This is going to be touch and go folks. I will issue further orders as objectives are complete. Buck, Big Al, Poet, and Loki you are with Thor. Spectre, Osiris, Hermes, and Breaker you are with me."

Odin stopped talking, taking in the team before him, pride radiated in his gaze as he spoke,

"See you on the other side. Move out."

Alexander paused as the other moved out. He made his way across the room and pulled Andrew into a hug. He smiled as he pulled away.

“See you soon little guy”

Alexander then turned, he moved quickly out of the house and moved down the street, ghosting through the darkness, his miniguns raised and ready for any surprise encounters. Fortunately, none presented themselves.

The group found the sewers access door just as anticipated, but it was locked with a heavy padlock. The laser cutter in Buck’s gauntlets however made quick work of that and in no time Alexander dropped down into the sewers.

Thor moved to lead the squad down the tunnel but Loki threw out a hand to stop him. Alexander was brought to an abrupt halt as the rest of the squat halted.

The Silent Lions Chapter

Winter Falls

Darkness

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
post #107 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-26-12, 01:36 PM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

Spectre didn't even have to look up as Thor and his squad came into the factory. Spectre continued to check to see if the building was clear before the whole squad congregated on Odin.

It was time for them to attack the power plant, the whole objective before the cartel had decided to get involved. However that was the best distraction possible, it had given them information and allowed them to stop a deal between the two enemies of the Nafi.

Spectre removed her helmet and quickly placed it on a table as she took a seat quickly. She watched impassively as Odin pulled up a holomap, courtesy of Loki and began to describe the planned attack, as well as splitting the team in two once more, Odin leading one and Thor leading the other. Spectre was glad that she didn't have to go trapezing through a sewer system, especially seeing how she would be confide really to her shotgun in the close environments, her assault rifle impractical.

She looked around to see the entire team arrayed, looking at the map. They all seemed pretty determined, good. They would need to be to see this attack through, there could be no room for errors this time.

It irked her that the Russian who had penetrated the defence where she and Odin's team would enter had dissapeared without a trace. If they hadn't have had a pressing objective to fulfill then Spectre would have asked if she could poke around a bit and have a look. It would help if they knew what had actually happened to him, whether he had been killed or just went AWOL.

She waited as the team split before placing her helmet back on, taking her position in the team as they readied to move out. The team moved quickly and quietly to the wall, Spectre readying her grappling hook again. Whilst the others scanned the streets to make sure that no enemies were coming up or down the streets. Spectre quickly scaled the wall, dropping down on the other side as she waited for the rest of the team to catch up before they moved deeper into the facility.

post #108 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 07:17 PM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

The atmosphere seemed strained like elastic, almost at breaking point, the monolithic size of the fortress before them a nagging reminder of how far they had to go, of how much they must overcome. He had killed, lied, stained his hands in the blood of his enemies, and still they were only on the first step of their first task.

He drew the curtain reluctantly even as they settled down to the briefing, stalled by a desire to keep on looking, to keep on gazing at the bloated beast before him, a beast they would enter and fuck til it died.

Quite aptly, his team would be entering up the fucking shitter, through the sewers and into the main generators below, an attempt to do enough damage to bring the beast too its knees and ensure it could never rise again.

His team, he couldn't remember how long it had been since he had gone on a mission with Odin, since he had been second in command on an actual mission, since they had run side by side, working in tandem competition leading them to seamless ruthless destruction.

They had been younger then, had fewer grey hairs, laughed more, killed more, worried less, maybe he had worried less, he knew now Odin had always worried.

He scanned the diagrams without comment, without thought, a casual eye over the route they were due to travel, a note that it seemed relatively unobstructed, a rare weakness in something that appeared almost impregnable.

It seemed too good to be true, which it usually was, he'd deal with it, as he always did, head on and hard.
__________________________________________________ __
There was a flurry of activity around them, men grabbing weapons checking clips and mags weaving easily around the two men that stood at their heart, the Colonel tall clad for battle, the barrel like form of Thor before him as they clasped shoulders with grim smiles, Thor speaking first even as both men opened to speak

"Once again we got to war apart, it has been too long since we fought side by side, Illinois I think."

Odin picked lazily at the day old stubble that grew like a small for there

"Aye, been too long."

Flames seemed to burn in his eyes an angry fervor bubbling beneath the surface as he spoke again

"It won't be long Augustin. Before you and I will make them pay for everything they have done. We will bring them to their knees, standing side by side."

Thor let his face stretch into the tiniest of leering grins

"Just like the old days, you always seemed to get the clean way in then too"

Odin gave a low chuckle voice stretched with false indignation, "my skin is much to delicate in my old age to deal with such places."

Thor's laugh became a low growl fixing upon the still blue features of one of the SAS soldiers, his fingers flexing, stretching and coiling, an undulating ripple as he felt his anger rising.

Thor was not ignored, not for long and he gave a low growl

"well one of our number seems to have thicker skin than you or I, caked in blue fucking paint. Make sure he knows if it's still their when i come back it'll be getting a red fucking highlight"

Odin raised an eyebrow,

"I will speak to him Augustin. He is keeping with his own traditions. Something in me envies him for that. But it is lacking in practicality

Thor snapped back, his anger barely restrained, voice rising slightly as he stepped closer to Odin, bullish face looking into the calm eyes

"I don't give a fuck if he's braveheart's bitch, he's a nightstalker by name and this is his brotherhood. He's ignored my words on it, if he ignores yours, I will not be so light handed"

"Peace Augustin,"Odin hissed voice calm, hand raised to placate him

"I will deal with it and if he is too dense to take my suggestion... Well, I have entrusted discipline of this unit to you for too long to strip the responsibility of it now. Deal with it as you see fit."

Thor felt the anger flow from him, like a tide released from behind a damn rushing away to leave it bubbling and splashing in the depths of his soul.

He raised a hand the slightest hint of a smile in the gruff tones of his voice

"god speed sir"

"You too. See you on the other side."

With a final sharp nod Thor turned too his team, his face twitching as it fixed upon the still resolutely blue face of the Scot, a terse snap in his voice as he moved into the street

"Right, lets go splash about in the shit"

They moved like celestial daemons, unseen and unheard, whispers upon the wind, faces darkened, any gleam tarnished, though they saw no one, the sewage cover seeming ever more beyond belief, yet he saw nothing, heard nothing.

Even as he descended into the depths, splashing into the waters of the sewer, he smelt everything he had expected to smell, yet nothing unusual, nothing to raise his suspicions that this was anymore than perfect.

Even as he took a step he felt an arm cross him, the instinctive reaction held in check as he felt who it was, the cyber techs arm thrust out in a desperate attempt to halt him and he took a step back, fists unclenching as he spoke.

He could not understand the desperate halt, the sewer to every sense vacant and his tone was light half amused by exasperation, His words at odds with his tone like the playful bark of a rabid dog.

"Remove your arm or i'll remove it for you..."

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
post #109 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 08:40 PM

Jackinator's Flag is: United Kingdom

(OOC: Apologies for the late post and it's poor quality, I underestimated just how much stuff would coincide this week :/)

That feeling continued to buoy me up, and even seeing the scale and security of the chemical plant couldn't affect it. It was irrelevant anyway, I was here with the Nightstalkers, the single greatest concentration of skill in the world. I almost pitied the ACS guards.

The briefing was fairly straigthforward, the hologram rotating through the views of the base, making it clear what everyone had to do. The Colonel seemed worried, but confident and the pride in his voice was obvious and inspiring. I nodded, a small smile betraying my contentment, I was ready for anything. I doubted there was anything that could phase me right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were no patrols in the streets, unsurprisingly. The ACS had worked hard to keep the true nature of this facility a secret and frequent external patrols would only give away its importance. The grapple went over the wall with a faint clink and in only a few moments the team was scaling and over, I followed swiftly, landing catlike within the perimeter wall.

post #110 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-29-12, 12:56 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Poet was moving as soon as Odin gave the command, running over to one of the SUVs, Spectre quickly jumping into the other, the sound of distant sirens growing closer. He sped forwards, slowing down briefly yet without stopping as Osiris and Odin clambered into his car, Loki and Hermes obviously having joined Spectre.

He joined onto the road and drove as quickly as possible away from the building. Exactly half a minute later the whole place went up in flames, likely taking out a good deal of the inbound ACS and giving the rest more than enough to worry about. He winked at Osiris through the rear view mirror with a grin, "Nice work". Easing the throttle down as joined the rest of the traffic, he used years of covert driver training to remain free of suspicion or alarm, taking a slow and deliberate winding route to their RV location.

"Pull over here Poet, we'll walk the rest of the way" Odin ordered, Poet simply nodding in acknowledgement as Odin relayed the same orders to Spectre.

Pulling in, he reached for a kit bag and slung it over one shoulder, rifle rear slung. Giving the SUV a quick final once over to make sure they hadn't left anything, he turned and fell in step with the commander. As the two of them and Spectre entered the building, they almost bumped right into three CED officers on patrol. Without missing a beat Poet threw his kit bag at one of them, who instinctively caught it, the man dropped it as fast as he had caught it, reaching for his weapon, but by then it was far too late. Having closed the gap before the bag even hit the ground, Poet punched the man in chest, his bionic arm hitting with the force of a sledgehammer. With several broken ribs and in all probability a collapsed lung, the man could do nothing but fall forwards. Poet caught him almost gently, in the same movement burying his knife into the CED officers heart.

He gently lowered the man to the ground noticing the others had suffered similar fates. 'How enormously unlucky' he thought, one moment they were on patrol, likely bored out their minds, the next three Valkyrie operatives, a colonel, captain and sergeant no less were in front of them. To say they had been screwed was a hilarious understatement. All three of them dead in less ten seconds.

———————————————————————————————————————————

He stated out across the chemical plant in silence along with the rest of the team. All of them stood there unmoving, lost in their own thoughts. He wondered if Fenris was in there somewhere. Poet hadn't seen the damned russian since they had scouted the area. All contact with him had been lost when he had entered the facility.

Odin broke the silence first, turning away from the window and taking a knee, motioning for them all to do the same. A hologram diagram of the plant opened up in front of them, Poet raised his eyebrows at the sight, impressed with the level of tech on display. Odin quickly, but efficiently outlined their mission and objectives. He was to go with Buck, Loki and Big Al, with Thor taking charge of their team.

Quickly moving out, Poet took point, scanning all the forward arcs with his rifle, suppressor attached, no chances were going to be taken from now on. When they reached the sewer entrance he found it locked, nothing that Buck wouldn't be able to handle though. Motioning for Big Al to cover their rear and Loki one flank as he took the other. Within moments Buck was though, Thor throwing himself into the sewer first, almost eagerly Poet thought curiously. They had barely entered the sewer network before Loki threw out a hand to stop Thor from moving any further.

"Remove your arm or i'll remove it for you..." Thor growled with a hint of amusement. Poet looked over at Buck with an equally amused expression.

"What's the problem Loki?" He asked quietly and more diplomatically than their leader.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode