The Aleron Factor- A Post Modern RP (Action Thread) - Page 10 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Threads Strictly in character roleplay threads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 10:55 PM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

He was on a plateau, the adrenaline rush meeting bitter frustration, the shotgun clasped in his hands like a cats bare claws , potent, ready to be unleashed. Buck seemed so casual, one hand on the wheel, his distances perfect, effortlessly measured as he casually eased them round another corner, his every moment languid and flowing.

He could feel his body twitching, a loud thump as he kicked out at the back of the footwell in savage frustration. He longed to begin now, the anticipation coming in short snorting gasps as he inhaled and exhaled rapidly, keeping his heart pumping, the blood surging through his veins and he snarled

“Stay out of camera range. But kill them all”

The blaze of lights, the long stretched shadows of temporary box like buildings, the shuffling movements of corpses half alert half asleep as they kicked at stones, weapons held lazily under the crook of one arm and he gave a little gurgle of delight as he felt Buck accelerate, the vehicle leaping forward with a rumbling snarl.

Faces stayed fixed upon the dirt at their feet unaware of the deadly beast caged within the vehicle, soon to be unleashed. He felt Buck hit the brakes even as he kicked his door open the car still hurtling forward even as he pulled himself up body covered by the car as he braced the shotgun between roof and shoulder.

The recoil of the shotgun almost tore his arm off , pounds of muscle and reinforced strength saving the limb even as slugs tore into the idling vehicle and he let out a grunt of exertion as he fired again and again, the guard at the head of the vehicle blasted away even as he heard a satisfying hiss as the sedan's radiator burst open with a billowing cloud of steam. Lithely Thor leapt away from the car, shotgun clattering to the ground as he slid seemlessly into a backward roll,rising, hands sliding alongside his thighs, stun baton and vibro blade appearing in his hands.

Faces were turning too him, weapons rising and he saw smiles appear on faces as he walked slowly towards them, a flurry of gaping maws turning upon him, death even he could not subvert.

He saw triumph in their eyes even as their heads exploded, bodies buckled under savage impacts as rifles opened up behind him and he raised his arms high as he walked slowly through a forest of collapsing corpses as others dived away, mocking lips turning into cries of horror as they struggled to find cover under the blazing lights of the check point

Heads swiveled, purest response sending their eyes into the shadows, the terror of the unknown blinding them to Thor, his limbs now a blur of motion, a predator rampaging across the planes.

Too late they realised the true danger, forlorn limbs raising weapons struggling to get a bead upon the behemoth was amongst them.

Time seemed to slow as he reached them, the desperate longing coming to a thrilling climax, every single stroke, every single kill, every single agonised tear he drew a moment to savor, a moment to relish.

Thor's blade took the first between screaming lips, the vibrations tearing a great slit in his cheek, the soldier's maw becoming a flapping wreck of skin, useless fat and flesh through which he drove the stun baton, the base of the soldiers neck exploding with shattered bone and crackling nerves, the body twitching and writhing spasmodically as it crumpled to the ground.

His left shoulder drove upwards into an exposed throat, the rifle clattering to the ground as desperate groping hands clutched desperately at the crushed trachea, lungs panting uselessly as he crumpled to his knees, the gurgling panting sobs of the suffocating spurring him onto drive his knee hard into another's groin. The soldier buckled, stomach caving body dropping to meet the stun baton driving upwards into his features. His jaw shattered, neck snapping back even as his nose caved inwards, the once handsome face suddenly a blood howling mass, the agonized scream silenced into a rasping gurgle as his knife drove through his throat.

A gun was raising, pointed at his midsection and Thor kicked out, the weapon turning skywards even as the officer pulled the trigger, eyes widening as the weapon pinwheeled in his hands the recoil pulling it up, a stray round taking him beneath the jaw and bursting through the top of his head, the corpse toppling backward sending a second solider stumbling, his color suddenly seized in Thor's iron grip as he was flung into the busted car, face disappearing into the billowing steam, a shrill scream as the hot vapor scorched his face and he stumbled backward reeling blindly eyes opening to fix upon thor with wide eyed horror.

Tenderly Thor touched the stun batton to his moist face and the young terrified face spasmed as current ran through his body agony flaring through his features before the light died in his eyes.

The car door was opening and Thor moved towards it, the top of a balding head ducking out before the tip of a rat like knows. A savage kick resulted in a squeal of anguish even as the bullet proof glass splintered before inches away from his left arm.

"Motherfucker" he cursed even as he twisted, the vibro blade pinwheeling through the air as movement caught the corner of his eyes a satisfying thud and a howl of anguish as the blade lodged deep into an eye socket and the officer crumpled pistol raised uselessly before a single glassy eye.

A door snapped into his midriff and he stumbled back even as a pistol emerged a bulkly suited figure sliding round the door, only to meet Thors hand chopping down on his exposed wrist, the hand opening, the pistol clattering away even as the hidden hand flashed, a blade glittering as it scythed through the night air and Thor grunted even as he twisted away from the backhanded strike.

The major's fingers closed around the empty wrist and he slammed it down against the car door, feeling the bones of the forearm shatter, a grunt of pain replaced by a snarl of anguish the door snapping off its hinges under a furious kick to reveal the bodyguard in full profile.

Big and bulky, muscles rippled beneath the elegant suit, a long curving blade held across his body to cover the arm that hung limp at his side. He began to take a step forward even as Thor exploded towards him, the sheer ferocity of the Major's onslaught catching him halfway between advance and retreat, his balance suddenly off as Thor ducked below the knife stun baton cracking into his supporting leg, the limb crumpling sending the bodyguard to the floor knife held uselessly above him, and Thor dove upon it, his body weight driving the knife downwards deep into the bodyguards chest.

Blood flowed over his lips, the knife lodged in his ribs like a distorted mushroom

"hey bitch" came a loud cocky voice from behind him and Thor rolled away turning to face the mouth of a pistol clasped in a meaty hand.

The cocky little prick was leering at him, demeanor oozing lazy grace even as he tossed the pistol away raising his hands at Thor

"Bring it on bitch"

With a casual raise of his eyebrow Thor threw away the stun baton. A small shake of his head and a flick of his wrist and he drew his pistol and shot him in the crotch, a second casual catching a fleeing cartel officer in the back of the skull even as he advanced upon the rising bodyguard who looked up at him with agonized defiance

"Coward... fucking coward"

Thor did not smile, his eyes were ice

"This is war... not the fucking movies. "

Even as the confidence drained from his features, his ego sapped by the sudden weight of his own mortality, Thor placed a round between his eyes.

His squad was waiting amongst the corpses, holding for his instructions even as he strode towards the smouldering sedan a casual hand waving at Buck even as he swung the door open

"... blow this shit to hell"

Savagely he grabbed a dazed Enright by the collor and dragged him before the nearest security camera. A savage kick sent his stirring form in to crumpling heap even as he stared directly into the camera.

If only he could make sure Hale was watching, make Hale know what he was facing... that his plans were going to shit right before his eyes.... even as he stomped savagely upon Enright's prone form, he felt the phone in his pocket. With a smile he fished it out and held down the number 1....

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-14-12, 02:19 AM

Jackinator's Flag is: United Kingdom

I couldn't help but feel relieved, my father wasn't present. I didn't have to make that choice, but I couldn't put it off forever, at some point I would have to face it, face him. I put it out of my mind, and then everything began to happen at once.

Odin's message came through and the team moved into action seamlessly. I raised my gun, squeezing the trigger gently and unleashing a spray of automatic fire into the group of cartel soldiers. Some go down and I take the opportunity to glance around, unable to see my teammates though I spot one of the soldiers fleeing for the vehicles. There's too many of them for us to contain and I make my decision quickly, “Everybody get out of the building, get out of the way!”

I knew they would get clear in seconds and so I let my smg fall, catching on the sling and swinging behind my back as I turned, pulling the rocket launcher onto my shoulder and turning full circle so I was once more facing the building.

I saw a dim flash of movement through glass, clicked a switch and pulled the trigger. The was a roar of air, surprisingly quiet considering the destruction I knew it would unleash. The rocket soared majestically, almost gliding through the air and through the window with the frosted crash of shattered glass.

There was a singe, perfect moment of pregnant silence, then the building went up in a fire ball, the blast blowing out the windows and making the whole building shudder. I clicked the other explosives and they ran around the base of the building, a great cloud of dust billowing out and upwards, obscuring the construction from sight as it collapsed downwards.

As the smoke and dust cleared, all that remained was rubble...

post #93 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-14-12, 05:11 PM
Reaper of Souls

Santaire's Flag is: United Kingdom

Loki sat at a table alone, watching as the rest of the team laughed and enjoyed themselves, but the memory of Cueball’s death hung over the scene. Loki was working with his vid-screen, tapping frantically just to keep his mind off that shot, the shot that ended the life of a friend. The calculating part of his mind stood back from his emotions and analysed them. Curious, very curious. Valkyrie teams were no strangers to death and yet so rarely did one of their own die that if it happened, they were so shocked that it was extremely difficult to get over it.

“Night Stalker’s, time to move,” came Odin’s voice over the com. Loki flicked a tablet off the table and tossed it to Thor without even turning his head. Thor caught it and they left the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing outside the building Loki tapped into the cameras incorporated into the cell phones and laptops of the men in the building. Seeing the cartel representatives he gave a faint, evil smile. Then the three ACS representatives, men in long dark trench coats, entered the room and he winced as the screen went dark, a jammer evidently in place. “Three ACS, twelve Cartel,” he murmured, relaying the information to the rest of the team.

He shut down the vid screen and heard Thor move into the building where his locator went silent, blocked by the same jammer concealing the interior of the building from Loki’s screens. The sudden blankness where Thor’s locator had been was unnerving. Not because he feared for the major’s safety, but because he liked to be able to keep an eye on the major at all times. Thor was a hardnosed son of a bitch whose only delight was in death. Not knowing his location was, well, quite possibly the only thing in the world that scared the Cyber-tech.

He settled behind cover, weapons in holsters with his hands hovering near their grips...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Kill them, kill them all!”

Even as Loki was moving, drawing his sword a section of his mind was examining the pure hatred in Odin’s tone. The unemotional part of him feared that Odin was becoming overemotional while the part of him that was still human understood that Odin had lived his entire life fighting and with the chance of that fight coming to an end he had the right to feel hatred of the foe. Indeed he might as well have had a duty to feel hatred.

With the departure of the ACS delegation with their jammer Loki’s cyber-senses became opened to the interior of the building. He scanned the laptops and cell phones but all were in cases or in pockets. He shut down his link to them and instead used his EM senses. Cell phones, Buck's drone and the reflection of radio waves mapped out the building for him, painting three targets moving towards the east door. Sprinting forward he drove the sword’s blade through the wall, clean through one of the figures. Kicking the door open he came through to see his sword blade protruding from the chest of Carminda Mendez whom he recognized from when he briefed Thor on likely cartel representatives. He heard the roar of a weapon, a thousand times louder than it had any right to be.

The bullet winged him, unbelievable pain searing his bicep and shoulder before it erupted in a welter of blood from his back. The sudden flare of air, feeling like a hammer blow to the sternum had the air whooshing out of his lungs. But it was not unfamiliar. Loki dropped; dodging the second bullet he had known was coming from the other cartel member. The bullet had loosened his grip on his SMG and he let it fall, un-holstering the pistol as he fell. His first shot slammed into the foremost enforcer’s chin, driving up beneath his jaw and erupting through the top of his skull. Loki hit the floor and trained his aim on the second enforcer. The man looked down with disbelief on his face and Loki snarled. “Die you fucker!”

His first shot punched through the man’s chest, as did the second and the third took him between the eyes. The first two destroyed his heart and the one between the eyes pulverised the man’s brain and spattered blood, brains and shards of bone behind him.

"Everybody get out of the building, get the hell out of the way."

Osiris’ voice came through the vox as Loki climbed upright, wincing as he put his weigh on his injured arm. He spun through the door and tore his sword free of the wall, hearing Carminda Mendez fall to the ground. He gave a grim smile as he sprinted away, diving over cover and rolling to a crouch, slamming his back against the barrels. It was only then that he realised that it was exactly the same cover as the one he had crouched behind at the beginning of the night of bloodshed.

He heard the rocket and saw the flames as the building exploded...

We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment - and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly.
— Flemeth

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

post #94 of 123 (permalink) Old 10-28-12, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Default Poet

POSTED FOR ANGEL OF BLOOD:

Angel of Blood 09-30-12 09:55 AM
Poet crouched low, leaning against the low wall he was using for cover. Thor had been in the meeting for some time, it would likely be coming to an end soon. Even though he had meticulously checked all of his weapons and equipment beforehand, he ran through them all again. He checked the palladium cores of his assault rifle, shotgun and pistols, all of which were at full operating capacity. With a thought he charged up his fusion blasters installed within the palms of his bionic hands, they made a low thrumming noise and emitted a soft glow of light, before powering down again. Lastly he cycled through the various weapons integrated within his arm, darts, pistol, flamethrower and compact missile. Satisfied he leant back against the wall, waiting patiently to spring into action.

Finally Thor exited the building, hot on the heels of the other attendees. Once they had driven out of sight, Odin gave a short but brutal order. "Kill them. Kill them all."

Without missing a beat, Poet vaulted the wall, assault rifle at the ready. He sprinted towards the building, his enhanced adrenal gland pumping adrenalin rapidly through his body, propelling him towards the building at an alarming speed. He distinctly heard the report of Spectres rifle as she methodically took out targets from the rooftop. Just as he reached the door a wiry Hispanic man burst through. He saw the oncoming Valkyrie sergeant and instantly raised the heavy pistol clutched in his bony hand, the man had clearly bought some black market upgrades to improve his reaction speeds, they were impressive, his pistol was already half way up mere split seconds after he had come through the door. It still wasn't nearly fast enough. Poet fired two quick rounds into his forehead without breaking his stride.

Surprisingly though the man didn't crumple to the ground as he expected, but crashed into him. He carried the body expertly to the ground, quickly rolling free of the entanglement only to see a second man sprinting towards one of the waiting vehicles. He couldn't be allowed to escape and carry word of what was happening here to his employers. He fired a stream of rounds wildly begin him as he ran, Poet rolling nimbly to his right to avoid them. His assault rifle was hanging down on its sling, having fallen from his grip when the corpse had crashed into him. He didn't even bother reaching for it. Faster than the eye could see he brought his hand up, kinetic blaster charged with a high pitched report and quickly fired at the retreating man, a pulse of light hitting him square in the back and threw him into the car he was so desperately trying to reach, his neck breaking as he crashed into its side.

He was about to turn back to the building when he briefly heard a quick blurt over the comms from Osiris, then heard a loud band followed by and even larger one as the building behind him collapsed in a powerful explosion. He looked towards Osiris, seeing him lower the smoking rocket launcher and flicked a casual salute in his direction, "Nice" he remarked over the comms. After a quick check of the area to make sure there were no survivors, he made his way over to Spectre and bumped knuckles with the captain. "Nice shooting" he grinned, "Wonder how Thor and the chuckle brothers are getting along."

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #95 of 123 (permalink) Old 10-28-12, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Unfinished Project King

Default Hermes

POSTED FOR KARAK THE UNFAITHFUL:

Karak The Unfaithful 10-01-12 11:41 AM

One man had been killed so far, Hermes was surprised more hadn't departed this world too. Sure, they were elite troops: the best of the best but even powerful genetic enhances and augmentations wouldn't help them against a bullet to the head. But, the confidence of the team was armour plated, it had been tested with the death of Cueball but had come out strong. Hermes knew the team would succeed, he would bet his life on it.

Spectre kicked things off, sending their adversaries in confusion and chaos. but only a moment later did the warehouse door collapse outwards, out of the dust a man armed with a machete came running at Hermes. He raised his shotgun, fired several times and the man did nothing more.

The phrase "never bring a knife to a gun fight" entered his head.

But a second man, also armed with a terrible machete made into arms length of Hermes and made a desperate, but strong swing for him, he dodged the blow. Hermes moved at a speed the man could only dream of, he caught the blade with his shotgun and delivered a swift kick to the knee. His assailant doubled over in pain and Hermes brought the butt of the shotgun onto the man's neck, breaking it.

Hermes sensed the presence of a man behind him, then heard his footsteps he would have to be quick. Hermes turned, ready to counter any blow, deliver a blow of fire his shotgun as quickly as possible.

But as he turned he had only a second to see the man's face before it was reduced to a fine red mist. Hermes turned to the direction of the shot and saw spectre standing there, the rifle still smoking.

"everyone get out of the building! get out of the way!"

As the comm screamed Hermes saw spectre jump to the ground near him, he quickly joined her.

He heard the death-scream of a rocket, as it roared through the dark of night.

post #96 of 123 (permalink) Old 10-28-12, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Unfinished Project King

Default Update #11

Big Al(Romero's Own) & Breaker(flash43): You have little to do save watch to perimeter as Buck rushes to carry out the Major's orders. Tracking off in opposite directions of each other, making sure to stay out of camera range, you go about the grizzly task of making sure all of your enemies are dead. Breaker as you search through, you hear the cries of a wounded man and as you approach he begins to plead for his life. His guts are half falling out, having taken several rounds from your brother's miniguns, and you can tell that he is going to die soon but that he is in intense pain. You know that you cannot leave him alive. What do you do? Do you quickly silence him, putting him out of his misery? Or do you just walk away, leaving the ACS soldier to his pain and torment? This will be a rather telling insight into your character so make your desicion based on what you think Breaker would do. Big Al, as you make your way around your side of the perimeter, your patrol brings you very close to an alley that leads across to another main street that runs between the barraks and the building next to it. You can see not too far off that Buck is laying his explosives, the demolition expert plying his craft with swift practiced precision. In the moment of lapsed attention you are ambused from behind by, a body flying out of the alley behind you just as you walked past it thinking it clear. You feel the sharp stabbing pain in your side, a burning fire of your nerves in torment as a slender knife slides into your side, fortunately deflecting off of your fused ribcage. Turning you see an ACS soldier that apparently snuck out of a side exit of the barraks. You are in to close to really bring your miniguns to bear and this soldier fights like a maddened animal. You are going to need to finish him off in close combat, but make sure that you address the cumberance of your miniguns while dealing with this fight and don't make it too easy.

Buck(Anilar): You scuttle around, making sure to keep out of view of the camera, planting explosives in all of the vehicles that are at the checkpoint before moving onto the barraks. You enter the building, planting explosive charges at strategic locations, weapons ready incase you meet resistance, which is exactly what you find. As you come to a door about halfway down the main hallway you check the knob but find it locked, leaving it unchecked as you continue moving through the building planting your charges. You finish your task, this building rigged to go up like a powder keg, and as you are hurrying down the main hallway to exit, you barely register a small click as you pass by the door, and some instinct screams at you to hit the deck. Throwing yourself to the floor just as several large holes explode outward from the wall that seperates the locked room from the hallway, drywall dust and debris floating down out of the air to cover you. Through one of the holes you see an ACS soldier, neverous and sweating, a large shotgun in his hand as he reloads the magazine tube with fresh rounds. Deal with this threat and get out of the building. Reinforcements cant be far behind.

Thor(deathbringer): All else arounds you disappears as the phone chirps, dialing a number that should connect you directly to your most capable enemy. With a small click the line connects, "Good evening Mr. Ruiz," the voice on the other end of the phone, a quite dangerous purr. "You really should not have done what you did.... You have made and enemy the likes of which you have never known." You can't help but smile, obviously Hale is watching you even now. [we will work out the conversation over MSN bud]

Big Al(Romero's Own), Breaker(flash43),Buck(Anilar), & Thor(deathbringer): You all deal with your various problems and regroup at the SUV's just as Thor hangs up the cellphone. You have little time for conversation however as Odin's voice cuts across the comms, "Alright Nightstalkers. It is now or never, while ACS forces are busy dealing with the carnage we have already caused, I think that now is just as good a time as any for us to hit the Chem plant. Thor, Loki is sending you the cooridnates of an abandoned building, its location supplied by Poet, we are on our way there to make sure that it is clear. Rendezvous there. From there we will spearhead our assault." Thor, gather those men with you, and make for the rendezvous point. About three blocks from the rendezvous point, Thor will order that you ditch the vehicles you are in and approach on foot. You will find the rest of the team waiting for you.

Osiris(Jackinator), Spectre(Lord Ramo), Loki(Santaire), Hermes(Karak), & Poet(Angel of Blood): As you close down the perimeter of the ruined building you can hear the sounds of sirens and approaching ACS vechilces. It seems like you have poked the bear enough to cause it to stir and by the looks of the lights twinkling on the across the city and the noice of the approaching vechilces, a small army is enroute to intercept you. Odin materalizes out of the shadows that bathed the front of the building and begins to issue rapid orders. "Poet, Specter, get the cars, we are leaving now. Osiris, I want you to cause as much confusion as you can for the approaching ACS forces. Buck planted explosives in all of the Cartel vehicles and I know that he had at least a single drone floating around here somewhere. I want them timed to go off in 30 seconds. That is about when the welcoming party will show up. Loki, Poet provided me with the location of the abandoned building he and the advance team located. I want specs and location sent to Thor's team immediately. I know that it is risky but I want you to tap into one of the few satellites the ACS still operate and get me high res photos of the area. I want to know if there are any surprises waiting for us. Hermes, go with Loki in Spectre's vehicle and patch his ass up as we roll, you are with Spectre. Osiris with me." As you all move toward your vehicles, carrying out the tasks that your commander has given you, you hear him on the comms, "Alright Nightstalkers. It is now or never, while ACS forces are busy dealing with the carnage we have already caused, I think that now is just as good a time as any for us to hit the Chem plant. Thor, Loki is sending you the cooridnates of an abandoned building, its location supplied by Poet, we are on our way there to make sure that it is clear. Rendezvous there. From there we will spearhead our assault." Thor, gather those men with you, and make for the rendezvous point."

[Karak and Santaire you will both need to deal with Loki's treatment in your posts, whether you two speak or not is up to you. It may be easier to carry on in silence as for Hermes the wound is rather substantial and needs treatment and Loki you have your own tasks to attend to while trying to push past the pain of the rather severe injury. Hermes you are able to stop the bleeding and close the wound, but you know that it will need further treatment after you are out of combat situation, Loki it still aches but you have near full functionality of the wounded arm. Loki you are able to send the information to Thor that Odin requested and you are able to tap into the satellite as requested but only with normal resolution, even with your formidable skills you are unable to access thermal or infrared imaging. From what you can tell the area is clear so relay that information to Odin. Jackinator, you are able to activate the explosives and smoke drone as requested, though patching into Buck's drone is all but impossible. You don't have that augmentation and your normal equipment cant quite get a patch on it. Ramo and Angel of Blood, your driving skills are put to the test avoiding ACS patrols and keeping inconspicuous as you travel to the location Odin has selected so make your posts appropriately.]

Osiris(Jackinator), Spectre(Lord Ramo), Loki(Santaire), Hermes(Karak), & Poet(Angel of Blood): As you arrive in the area, Odin orders that you ditch the Cartel SUV's that you had been using. Taking your equipment with you, you approach the building on foot. As you enter, cautiously into the lowest floor of the building, you find a group of 3 CED Officers walking around. They are completely startled by your arrival. Odin immediately rushes forward, snapping the neck of the lead Officer with practiced efficiancy. Poet and Spectre, you had entered the building at Odin's side, deal with the other two as quickly and quitely as you can. The rest of the building is clear and soon enough you hear the approach of several people on foot and seconds later you are joined by Thor and the remainder of the team.

[I know that this update has a rather abrupt end, but It sets that stage for the next update that starts the path to completing one of the teams primary objectives, the destruction of the Chemical Processing Plant. Any questions or concerns get with me.]

post #97 of 123 (permalink) Old 10-28-12, 01:27 AM Thread Starter
Unfinished Project King

Default Big Al

POSTED FOR ROMERO'S OWN:
Romero's Own 10-02-12 01:07 PM
Alexander walked slowly, taking big strides as he patrolled the building. He still had his miniguns up and ready, it was always good to be prepared. Alexander pushed past some old wooden boards into a narrow alley. By turning sideways and breathing in Alexander managed to make his way through and out onto a main street that ran between the barracks and another building. Alexander stepped out into a wider shaded alley and paused as he saw the figure of Buck in the distance.

Alexander had heard about the demolitions expert but had never seen him work and he was impressed as he watched the man’s fingers moving expertly over his explosives with swift practiced precision. It was during that moment of lapsed concentration that Alexander’s world exploded with pain.

A burning fire roared at Alexander’s side. He gritted his teeth and looked down towards the source of pain. A slender knife was impaled through his side. He could feel the tip of the blade pressing against his fused ribcage and he thanked God for his enhancements. But then rage took over.

Alexander looked up into the crazed face of an ACS soldiers Alexander roared with anger. He swung round his miniguns but the soldier closed the gap in a second. Barrelling into the Alexander with his shoulder down he knocked the Scottish giant back.

Alexander shook his head to clear his blurry vision before dropping his miniguns to the floor and charging forward. Swinging a lethal upper cut towards the man’s head Alexander hesitated with surprise as the man weaved aside and returned with a punch of his own. The man’s fist made contact with Alexander’s jaw and he could taste blood in his mouth.

But Alexander’s training had removed the words retreat and surrender from his vocabulary. With a lightning quick movement for such a big man Alexander brought his fist up towards the mans gut. Not surprised as the man caught his hand and moved it aside Alexander reacted quickly and swung a punch at chest height.

The man had no time to react and the metal fist of the Scottish giant connected with the man’s ribs. The loud crack told Alexander the damage his punch had done and he quickly followed it up with a knee to the face as the man doubled over in pain. The blow landed hard and blood splattered across the Scot’s uniform. Alexander was about to punch again but the soldier moved first.

Swinging his knife in a deadly arc it connected with Alexander’s arm. Through battered, half closed eyes the ACS soldier could only look in disbelief as the blade bounced harmlessly off the giants arm. He went to stab again, this time at the Scots chest, but his knife never made it.

Catching the man’s wrist in a grip of steel with a simple twist the bone shattered and a scream of pain erupted from the ACS soldier’s mouth. As the soldier fell to his knees Alexander released his grip and instead moved his hand so it rested on the man’s head. He spoke two words.

“Bad move”

With that the man’s head exploded into a cloud of red mist as Alexander’s kinetic blasters fired. The Scottish giant wiped his hands of the blood and turned away from the headless corpse. Picking up his prized miniguns Alexander paused for a second as he wrenched the knife from his side, moving his hand to staunch the blood flow and slinging his miniguns over his shoulders.

Alexander met with the rest of the group just as Thor hung up his phone and lowered it to his side. Alexander moved to one of the SUV’s and rested against it as he used some ripped cloth to form a makeshift bandage to stop the blood flow. He sensed his brother standing behind him and spoke without turning.

“It will last, at least until I can get to Hermes”

Alexander finished up just as Odin’s voice cut in over the comms.

"Alright Nightstalkers. It is now or never, while ACS forces are busy dealing with the carnage we have already caused, I think that now is just as good a time as any for us to hit the Chem plant. Thor, Loki is sending you the coordinates of an abandoned building, its location supplied by Poet, we are on our way there to make sure that it is clear. Rendezvous there. From there we will spearhead our assault."

Alexander nodded; he knew the objective of his mission and was glad that he and Andrew had arrived in time to help the assault. Alexander moved quickly to the SUV as Andrew climbed into the driver’s seat and started the engine.

Throwing his guns into the boot Alexander climbed into the passenger seat as the pulled away. With their car following close behind that of Thor the pair of Scots had little to do as they drove along.

About four blocks along Thor signalled for them to ditch the cars and Alexander winced slightly as he climbed out of the car, pain from his wound piercing his thoughts. Looking briefly at the blood soaked bandage he hoped the medic was nearby.

post #98 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-05-12, 02:29 AM

On Thor's orders Buck quickly grapped a bag from the Van, filled with 20 one pound high explosive bricks. All able to stick to surfaces, and make a mess of most structures. Allready Buck was calculating where to place his explosive charges, all prepared in advance with a small remote detonators, that could be brought to explode at various intervals, by his remote control. Technology was a marvelous thing, Buck thought to himself as his enhanced vision spotted several weak spots on the part of the bearing structures of the building.

Buck realised that he would get the most desired effect, from the inside running over to the building, jumping through a broken window to avoid the cameras covering the building. Inside Buck's vision immediately discovered dozens of structural weaknesses and building maintenance neglect. It was a rather old building, and it had not been well built from the beginning, and the decades of substandard maintenance was telling. Buck lit up in a big smile as he sweeped the room, his submachine gun ready if there should be enemies.

Moving through the building, placing explosives various places, even places that to more ordinary explosive experts would seem stupid, Buck was confident the building would crash in on it self, when he pressed the button on his remote. Quickly coding into each detonator when to explode compared to the other explosives.

A couple of doors was locked, and a bathroom side door was blocked from debris from the battle. But Buck felt confident he was alone, nothing smelled or sounded out of place. But it did change his explosive plans slightly, so as he placed the 16th charge keeping the last four for later use, Buck backtracked his explosive placements changing a few of the codings on the detonators. Then a click, and before Buck could even think he reacted, throwing himself flat on the floor rolling away from the door, as a loud boom and several holes appeared in the door, wooden splinters flying every where, Buck could feel a few of the shotgun bucks, that had just been fired hitting his combat armour, but none making contact with his skin.

Cursing to himself for not clearing the room, Buck was allready up and moving before the splinters from the blasts had fallen to the ground. The sound of reloading and a glimpse had told Buck, that the soldier to be extremely scared, desperate and he had expended all his shots in the first barrage. But the Soldier was still disciplined enough to reload his gun in a position of cover. Buck had drawn his revolver, as he had moved to a standing position, and a flurry of inaccurate shots to make sure the soldier wouldn't pop his head out, as Buck ran for the nearest window. Jumping through in a regular headdive, like he would jump into a swimming pool, glass flying everywhere, Buck could feel a few cuts to his hands and face. As Buck landed and rolled up in a seating position, he had pulled out his remote for the explosives and pressed the button. One second, two second, three second, Buck could here the soldier inside starting to move, then the dull thuds of the detonators sounded, immediately followed by the louder but not immensely loud thuds of the explosives, as they made short work on the bearing walls and columns of the building. Then the building started to carve in on itself, the Ceiling falling down. The soldier inside screaming as he was crushed in the building.

12 Seconds later the building was a piece of flat ruble, the dust allready beginning to settle. Buck stood up, turned around to watch his fellow soldiers, hoping the display had been suitable cinematic, and that they hadn't noticed his mistake. Walking over the ruble, Buck reloading his gun he started to whistle a old ridicously once upon a time youtube song about cool men walking away from explosions.

Sneaky Wood Elf.
Give me a 5+ ward save and I can't be killed.
post #99 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-05-12, 09:09 AM

Lord Ramo's Flag is: England

Spectre kept a watchful eye on the perimeter with her rifle scanning back and forth for targets. They only had moments before the ACS was on top of them, and as such they needed to be as quick and as thorough as possible. As if on cue Spectre looked up as she could hear the wailing of sirens, and the roar of vehicle engines. It was only a matter of time now. She smiled as she could see lights in the distance moving towards them. By her count they had roused at least a small army to this area. How delightful that when the ACS got here all they would find would be death. She turned as Odin materalized out of the shadows that bathed the front of the building and begins to issue rapid orders.

"Poet, Specter, get the cars, we are leaving now. Osiris, I want you to cause as much confusion as you can for the approaching ACS forces. Buck planted explosives in all of the Cartel vehicles and I know that he had at least a single drone floating around here somewhere. I want them timed to go off in 30 seconds. That is about when the welcoming party will show up. Loki, Poet provided me with the location of the abandoned building he and the advance team located. I want specs and location sent to Thor's team immediately. I know that it is risky but I want you to tap into one of the few satellites the ACS still operate and get me high res photos of the area. I want to know if there are any surprises waiting for us. Hermes, go with Loki in Spectre's vehicle and patch his ass up as we roll, you are with Spectre. Osiris with me."

Spectre moved without a word, as soon as her orders were given. She quickly got into the vehicle to hear Odin's voice crackle again as it came over the comm channel. "Alright Nightstalkers. It is now or never, while ACS forces are busy dealing with the carnage we have already caused, I think that now is just as good a time as any for us to hit the Chem plant. Thor, Loki is sending you the cooridnates of an abandoned building, its location supplied by Poet, we are on our way there to make sure that it is clear. Rendezvous there. From there we will spearhead our assault."

The second that Loki and Hermes got into her vehicle Spectre floored it, the vehicle moving away rapidly to avoid the ACS. Even though she had to get there as quickly as possible, she also had to keep a low profile so that any ACS wouldn't find them suspicious or worthy to investigate. She used the side streets a lot and back alleyways to get them close to the building without being spotted.

As they neared Odin's voice told them to ditch the cartel vehicles and procede on foot, easy enough. Spectre pulled over ditching the vehicle in a ditch before getting out, assault rifle ready to take out anyone. The group moved quickly, staking up outside the building before entering the ground floor cautiously. As they did so Spectre second in behind Odin saw 3 CED officers patrolling. They turned, almost jumping back in surprise as half a squad appear out of nowhere. Odin immediately rushed forward, snapping the neck of the lead Officer with practiced efficiancy. Spectre wrenched her Kukri from its sheath, hurling it into the second one, knocking him off of his feet. Immediately she started forward, covering the distance quickly as the man struggled to rise. She put a boot on his chest, wrenching her blade free of his shoulder before bringing it down into his head, pushing until it had come out of the back. She pulled it free once more to see that Poet had taken care of the other one.

post #100 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-05-12, 10:05 AM
description whore

deathbringer's Flag is: England

"Good evening Mr. Ruiz,"

The voice seemed to ooze through the phone, like thick treacle tinged with deadly malice. Adrenaline pumped, a melee of hormones sweeping through his system at the confrontation, to finally face a sadistic purpose the matched his own, to hear the voice of a viper coiling.

"You really should not have done what you did.... You have made and enemy the likes of which you have never known."

Thor fought the urge to smile, his mind almost giddy as he listened to the voice, to the rolling undercurrents of ruthless rage,barely contained like a rabid dog straining at the leash.

Without a word he stamped on Enright's ribs, a hard stomp that made his ribs crack and the aide gave a little groan even as he clutched at the wound

Hale's voice was disinterested, the hint of superiority enough to make Thor's hackles rise, if only... if only Hale knew who he was truly speaking with, rather than some piece of cartel shit. Nonetheless it confirmed something he already knew, Hale thought the cartels were a tool, something savage to be used til it met his ends... but what did he think of his superiors... of his equals... did he believe he had eqauls?

"You think that torturing my aid means anything to me? Tell Mr. Enright that I have no further need of his services."

Casually he raised the pistol in his right hand, an easy pull of the trigger silencing the aides wheezing gasps leaving only silence in its wake, blood weaving through the cracks in the road on a trailing bath between mountains of cranial matter.

He held the silence let it stretch, Hale's breathing sharp and rapid on the other end of the line. Then he let out a low hiss

"You know your plan is fucked dont you"

Hale's voice was filled with contempt

"I suppose you expect me to pontificate like the villians of old then?"

The sneering voice paused followed by a dismissive curse like a backhanded slap

" You simply lack the capacity to understand my plans you simpleton. This opportunity may be denied to me... then again it may not."

The voice was threatening, Hale bearing his fangs

"Only time will tell."

The contempt was getting too him... irritating nagging at the back of Thor... constant dismissal something he was neither used to, nor able to tolerate and he began to whisper... his voice a chant like a prophet of old

"There are three pieces of cake in this once great land. 60 percent belongs to the cartels lawless, infighting savages that scrap like dogs for crumbs without realizing what they truly have. 30% belongs to the acs, organized rigid and regimental but it's a small piece filled with people with very big stomachs. 10% belongs to irritants flies in the ointments, they annoy the 60 % and take big chunks out of the 30% but really in the end they are only 10%"

He thought Hale was going to speak but he overrode him, his pace quickening

"So you lure in the 60% with the chance to get another 10 % and we would of... together we could wipe them out to the last child, but in turn you take something from the 60%... something that currently means they cannot be touched... their numbers.... you take that and make it your own... give them structure weapons"

His voice turned dark

"then we ask for the promised payment, the men to be returned... but you've got your own army... your own private expendable little force... your not gonna give that up are you hale... not without a fight"

There was no contempt in Hale's voice, no condemnation, a slight moment of reevaluation even as gave a low sinister growl

"No, I suppose that I am not."

His voice took on a more business like tone, like a closer in the final stages of a merger, back against the wall, mind working to find an end that would benefit him.

"So Mr. Ruiz, where does that leave us? Once more at each others throats, fighting over spoiled territory? Ignoring the threat of the gnat that keeps biting at our exposed underbelly?"

Thor pushed the advantage pressing onwards... thinking on his feet , trying to pull more from Hale, a reaction... some form of advantage

"oh no mr hale...it leaves me sitting pretty... because i quite like pontificating... and your so deep in the shit you might have to turn to that gnat and beg it to pull you from the fires that are about to strip the skin from your flesh"

"Colorful," Hale hissed wryly," but I think inaccurate. The stalemate that exists between the ACS and the Cartels will continue to exist and thanks to you, the families will be so engrossed in their own infighting, that I will become a non-entity. Perhaps I should just sit back and wait. Let you wretched insects kill each other off, weaken ourselves to the point where I can simply take over once your infrastructure is gone."

He paused again, like a father addressing a child

"One thing that I have learned about sheep Mr. Ruiz is that the want nothing more to be led."

Thor snapped back

"just depends where the dog is in their midst... and you picked on the wrong pack of wolves. 4 families have lost loved ones on your soil, under your protection.... under your instruction... none of us knew the others would be there...where will the anger lie mr hale... at one family whose son died to give them the message... or at the man that set up the meeting ...."

he paused allowing the crisis to sink in

"and may well have murdered their kin"

his voice was gleeful

"they will unite and come for you like rabid dogs... they will tear down your house and rip out your throat"

Hale was like lightening... the slightest pause all his mind needed and his voice was nonchalant

"True..... but once I send them the video footage of you attacking our checkpoint along with a video of you leaving the warehouse unscathed moments before the attack, I think that with the right cajoling, the right prompting, the families might just be enticed to believe my version of events.

The voice became lecturing once more and Thor felt his anger rise... Hale was good, a better schemer than Thor... perhaps as good as Forsythe... a malevolent mind that seemed to curl between problems with admirable ease.

"There is advantage to be found in every situation Mr. Ruiz and you will find that I am adept at turning that advantage to serve my needs"

He had been thwarted in the battle of wits and so he threw his cards on the table... a last ditch gamble

"my name is thor, mr hale....

His arm raised, the pistol in his hand aimed straight at the camera... the stunned silence broken by the tremendous roar as the buildings exploded behind him.

Even as flames erupted into the sky, a great flash of white slicing through the darkness, rubble spraying across the compound, he pulled the trigger and the camera exploded sending Hale into darkness.

"but it was nice to meet you"

He thought he heard Hale begin to speak, even as he cut the line and turned casually tossing the phone into the seering inferno behind him, kneeling to check through Enright's pockets, their depths uncovering Enright's wallet, a few bucks and pictures carelessly discarded , the only thing of interest an unmarked key card. In the depths of his breast pocket a small ring of keys. One oddly shaped, yet still undeniably a key.

Curiosity burned and he moved to the car, snatching blade and baton from the ground as he went On the backseat the bulky shape of Enright's briefcase, soaked through yet nonetheless he found dossiers on the cartels words smudged and smeared even as he tossed them onto the floor.

Under the seat however he found a tablet, a primitive version of the one that had held Loki's information on Ruiz, the matt black disturbed by a single bullet hole. Nonetheless he stored it in his pocket along with the wallet and keys sliding from the car to face the three around him, eyes narrowing as they fixed on the blue face of one of his comrades.

His mouth opened, even as Odin's voice cut across him

"Alright Nightstalkers. It is now or never, while ACS forces are busy dealing with the carnage we have already caused, I think that now is just as good a time as any for us to hit the Chem plant. Thor, Loki is sending you the cooridnates of an abandoned building, its location supplied by Poet, we are on our way there to make sure that it is clear. Rendezvous there. From there we will spearhead our assault."

Three stood around him yet his eyes never left the blue ones face even as he began strolling towards the SUV

"Buck you drive" he paused by the passenger side door turning to the blue face

"Oh and braveheart... when i say go fucking incognito I dont mean paint your face blue so you show up in the dark and every twat can recognize you. Sergeant who gives a fuck might have let you piss around but your in the big leagues now."

He gave a dangerous snarl

"Division might count you a nightstalker when your names on the roster, the others might count you once you've spilled blood or your bloods been spilled alongside them but I've got my own set criteria... and you've just failed criteria number 1, dont be an asshole, asshole."

He met the gaze hard and confrontational... his intent clear, refusing to break the gaze

"Now wipe that shit off and get in the fucking car."

kudos to lillian thorne for the awesome sig

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Threads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode