I'm not allowed to _____ anymore - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Games For the discussion of all Roleplay Games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-11-12, 04:22 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

I'm not allowed to carry around a boulder any more.

Dungeons and Dragons, Ed 1. Old school shit.

I had a boulder. The DM named him Earl and made him his own character sheet and everything, and started giving experience to the boulder, because he didn't want to give it all to me.

What I would do is hurl it down every hallway, and at every door. Any traps placed would be triggered, and I would get all the experience for both finding and disarming the traps, and I was leveling at an alarming rate because of it. The DM got tired of it, even though everyone else thought it was hilarious, and decided to make Earl his own character, and to give Earl all the experience for the traps.

Earl was level 30 when the rest of the party reached level 15.

The DM was very trap happy to try to counter Earl. But Earl always got the experience, because Earl would always hit the pressure plate/trip wire/magic rune/whatever, and always failed his agility roll to avoid triggering the trap (Due to being a big rock). Thus, the trap always went off, and always avoided harming the group. Discover, disarm. Done.

Thus, no more boulders.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-11-12, 11:36 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post
I'm not allowed to carry around a boulder any more.

Dungeons and Dragons, Ed 1. Old school shit.

I had a boulder. The DM named him Earl and made him his own character sheet and everything, and started giving experience to the boulder, because he didn't want to give it all to me.

What I would do is hurl it down every hallway, and at every door. Any traps placed would be triggered, and I would get all the experience for both finding and disarming the traps, and I was leveling at an alarming rate because of it. The DM got tired of it, even though everyone else thought it was hilarious, and decided to make Earl his own character, and to give Earl all the experience for the traps.

Earl was level 30 when the rest of the party reached level 15.

The DM was very trap happy to try to counter Earl. But Earl always got the experience, because Earl would always hit the pressure plate/trip wire/magic rune/whatever, and always failed his agility roll to avoid triggering the trap (Due to being a big rock). Thus, the trap always went off, and always avoided harming the group. Discover, disarm. Done.

Thus, no more boulders.
Fuck. That is awesome.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-11-12, 01:36 PM

khrone forever's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: lived on tyran, moved to occulus, then to macragge.DAMN THE TYRANIDS!!! (near derby)

im not allowed to not kill a certain friend.......ye ill explain

basically in any fight that happened, one of my friends would always die really quickly, a low level telekinetic snake thing. so when he didnt seem to be dieing one of us would cast a AOE spell, throw a bomb etc and kill him, (no loss of character if you die). and it became a tradition, every single battle he would die no matter what

also we are not allowed to volenteir someone else for sacrifice: at one stage we were negotiating with an dark cult and they asked for a sacrifice in exchange for information, so...........all the but hte person mentioned in the previous example stepped backwards making it look like he stepped forwards

40Kprayers and benedictions

see my guard army here

see my Empire army

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-13-12, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

SavageConvoy's Flag is: USA

In every game we play now, we always have a random NPC called Billy-Jack based on a guy our group knows. The character has the lowest intelligence score and a fairly high strength. Every mission we end up sending him on a suicide run or leaving him to fend off a horde of angry crystal spiders while our group runs off to have a tea party. It's a staple in every game that we have to find a way to have our Billy-Jack die off before the night ends.

Also remembering back to my very first game of D&D. A few friends and I were playing a simple game, just goofing off and having fun. The GM decided to send a Gelatinous cube our way, blocking us from going further into a dungeon. I asked "What's a Gelatinous cube?" GM explains to me that it's a giant wall of Jell-o that waits for people to fall into it so it can eat them. So I figured that all it wanted was something to eat and it'd go away. So my Dwarf grabs the nearest halfling and hurls him in. Fun times.

I also made a little mascot for our group based on that and a sad emo kid, I called it the Big Pile of Vampire.

"Snooki gives birth to Heavy Gun Drone squad, someone says they are over powered, then the world ends."
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-13-12, 11:11 PM

I am never allowed to play a kender in any Dragonlance setting or when the GM is using a generic and say "Play whatever." Every person in the group would tell you I had the best roleplayed character by far, but that was also the problem. I tried to tone it down by making myself roll to see if I did some of the "Kender" things I came up with.

My wife is not allowed to play the rogue, with the bag of holding, who is in charge of the loot. I was DM and she asked me about it. I said you're a thief. They thought she's a new player, not gonna think in the terms of roleplaying counter to the groups interests. They got to the end of a really long multi part quest and decided to divide everything up. Everyone said I thought we had more than that but no one really looked into it. She showed me on her paper were she had almost as much gold as everyone else put together.
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-14-12, 06:26 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

I'm nt allowed to play a Androgynious character animore and crossdress to seduce NPC's out of all their money.

Did this once and when the NPC 'found out' there were wanted posters in half the known world.

this was in a homemade Gurps campaign.
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-14-12, 12:06 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

im not allowed to throw gold into a crowded peasant village starting a riot as a spectator sport as its deemed as un-chivalrous

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 03:33 AM
DaiKaiju's Flag is: Canada

As of tonight, I'm not allowed to hunt for the source of underwater tentacles with a dwarf in full plate and a tower shield. On the bright side I still wasn't anywhere near drowning lol

And from the start of our Pathfinder campaign, shouting Screaming Eagles before I charge isn't a good idea. I knocked myself out trying to jump over a desk lol
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 04:09 AM

notsoevil's Flag is: USA

I am not allowed to have a magic cube that can expand to any size I want. Especially if I get swallowed by a dire shark in the middle of the ocean. Especially if I try to use the cube to escape said dire shark. Especially when the DM says "what size" and I say 100' cubed. That is especially large enough to destroy the ship the other PCs and campaign Macguffins are on. Especially if in my genius I decide to then shrink the cube to help .. thereby displace all the water it was floating in, creating a vortex that killed the unkillable Macguffins and nigh drowning the entire party.

All following campaigns have a cube joke somewhere in them.
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 10:37 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I am not allowed to use a portal gun/gate spell to open a teleport hole to the deepest part of the ocean/elemental plane of water.

#epic showdown of all showdowns against mary sue unkillable, how to fix? send him into outer space with a water gun.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode