Traveller plot ideas. Got any? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Games For the discussion of all Roleplay Games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-26-11, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

DecrepitDragon's Flag is: Scotland

Default Traveller plot ideas. Got any?

Ok guys - this will be my first post in this section of the boards, so apologies if its in the wrong place.

I'm currently running an old edition Traveller campaign, that I have modified quite a bit in order to simplify the basic rules-set.

I have four or five players, from various character backgrounds. They are working for the Reformation Coalition - this is the primary setting of all the campaigns I run with this group.

What I'm looking for is plot ideas. I have a few of my own, but I thought I'd ask and see what some fresh minds can think up.

Here's a quick summary of their progress so far:

In an earlier campaign, they managed to "liberate" an advanced scout ship, with some new tech, that was originally stolen by a Reformation Coalition (henceforth, the RC) scientist who went rogue, planning to sell they tech to the highest bidder.

This small maneuverable ship had an outer hull that was made from an unknown substance - with amazing stealth abilities (though it was small, fragile and has little firepower).

The Scientist escaped (dan dan dahh!) to lead the group into a slightly unrelated campaign about religious zealots taken straight from the old rulebook. The Scientist was found sneaking around in the background of that campaign, so, predictably, they players chased after him once again.

On the slow hunt for him, they get roped into a babysitting mission for a diplomat. The RC diplomat has been offered high tech agricultural machinery, in exchange for something as yet obscure. The party ferried the diplomat to a small Baronial planet, that has a small group of worlds under its sway. The Baron himself, already a paranoid man, nearly executes the party when his brother, a Viscount, is "murdered" and the missing RC diplomat is suspected of the crime.

After a lengthy investigation, the party have discovered that the Viscount, with the aid of a powerful telepath, has faked his own death and kidnapped the RC diplomat in order to discredit the baron, before staging a coup. After all, the Viscount holds a technically higher rank than the Baron, only a fluke of birth has kept him from his rightful place.

The party have just stormed a building and found the missing diplomat - the Viscount and telepath are nowhere to be found.

So, I hope that brief and admittedly sketchy summary gives you enough to go on. Where would you take it from here? A succseful coup? The telepath confronting the party?

Let me know what you think guys. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

Visit my Tower Terrain Plog here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-15-12, 05:07 PM

I'm kinda running a blank for ideas but you could always say the Diplomat is working with the Viscount and the Telepath. Saying that the Diplomat get's both the agricultural machinery and something else the evil duo give him. After the group find the Diplomat in a chair inside of a building, they discover they've just been stuck in a trap and some guardsmen leap out to attack the unaware group. This would let you keep the Diplomat alive and working with the bad guys, but also keep the group guessing as to which side he is on, as he could have been a diversion in the building, or also a hostage.

Kinda a strange idea, but it's something at least.

Freedom is the will to say two plus two is four, if that is true, then all else follows. -1984 by George Orwell

Join me in life, or slave for me in death. -Vlad von Carstien

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode