RP Idea - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Games For the discussion of all Roleplay Games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-11, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

William Siegfried's Flag is: Canada

Default RP Idea

Hey everyone I made this thread to continue on with my previous idea that I had mentioned in my intro thread. Some said it would be rather interesting and I thought so as well when I came up with the idea with a few of my friends when we were having a talk about why no one has started a RP forum for Warhammer 40k, much less in the M30-M31 era before the Horus Heresy when the Primarchs were still very much brothers, and were still alive, and living gods in their skills and overall abilities.

Now shortly after we brought the idea up it got me thinking on actually trying to make it, but so far I only have ONE supporter and other staff member. The site needs a LOT of work and I was hoping I could have the support of this site's member and staff, and it could perhaps become this sites sister site where people can RP the M30-M31 and later on maybe have the start of the Horus Heresy.

The main idea was it was going to be a Non cannon RP in terms of Space Marines/SM Captains/Legion Lords and all that, and non- cannon xeno characters. HOWEVER there were going to be cannon roles in terms of Faction leaders such as the Primarchs. For one to RP as a Primarch, or the other Faction leaders of the time they must have a HIGHLY detailed Bio, personality, and appearance of the Primarch/leader they are trying for. Just to show the staff and the other members they are going to be following someone who put the time to making their leader. Until the leader spots are filled the ranks of the other SM OC's or Xeno OC's will be given by the staff.

Alright I should also be talking more so on the overall idea on the place XD. Anyways I was thinking of making it where the staff creates a few systems for which are to be fought over and 'conquered' much like in the Dawn of War games where there will be a faction controlled planets. For the armies I will be using an NPC system that was highly popular on a few other RP sites which I think should work out well for the site and help to make it easier for the RPers until their Company/Unit gets filled up by members willing to join them. There are going to be a lot of ranks/groups as well as titles. There won't just be fighting characters either there will also be just civilians/celebs who follow the SM legions much like there were in the Horus Heresy series.

Anymore thoughts or ideas to throw into here I'm all open for suggestions, and if you there are any important ideas that you feel you want to tell me in person feel free to PM me and ask for my MSN and I'll give it XD. Anyways its up to what the staff here, and my fellow Warhammer 40k fans want!

Currently what who we'd need to start RP forum for this place:

Staff/Mods-
Admins- 2
Mods-3
GFX Mods-3
DoW Info mods-4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-11, 09:59 PM
Relaxed Gamer

Azwaz's Flag is: Wales

I nearly navigated away from this page straight away after reading it because I was so overwhelmed by the prospect, but then after seeing that other people had viewed it I thought, maybe everyone is doing the same.

I think its a really good idea and I'd like to help out in some way. Feel free to suggest a means for me to be helpful. I can see the positions you need filled for the RP forum but I'm not sure what all of those positions entail. So this is me just getting in touch with you in the hope that I can somehow be of some use, rather than just leave another good idea sit in a dark corner.

I am also a contributor to this blog where I upload a lot of my other projects under the name Pandorasbitzbox

http://www.krakendoomcool.wordpress.com
@Krakendoomcool on twitter

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-11, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Looks like I should have made a better title for this hey? XD. But I'll explain what each spot does. Each is a staff job which has its own areas they oversee and run.

Admins- They are basically the ones who do it all on the forum and make the whole forum lol, and keep things in order while they create, delete, approve, and move different things. They are the ones who are the Co-Webmasters in a way. (To get this I'll have to get to know you a bit)

Mods- Mods are like Admins but lower in rank and can't create forum's/Categories for the site, or create location forums. They move, delete, and approve creation apps or deny them, they also help moderate the overall forum and help keep order along with the admin's. They also are in charge of keeping order in the Chat-box.

GFX Mods- These mods manage and add the forum graphics and such, and make it more attractive to the member's eye. And they often create a few location forums, and help manage the Chat-box.

DoW Info Mod- These Mods are tasked with updating and adding new info for members to use when making their characters, weapons, and gear depending on what and who their characters are.

Pm me if you'd like more info or would like a spot on the staff and if wanting an Admin spot PM me and tell me why you think you deserve the spot.

Thanks for posting Azwaz :D. I'll PM you the link when I get the site up XD.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-11, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Alright well I setup the site now I just need to get to work on the locations info and some of rules as well as a good plot XD.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode