Exalted - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Games For the discussion of all Roleplay Games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-09, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

Default Exalted

Are there any Exalted players on Heresy? I've just recently gotten back into it, and I'm familiar with the basic system (I'm a former Werewolf player) but the sheer number of rules I need to memorize is mind-raping, not to mention the ridiculously extensive background and fluff. I plan to be the main storyteller for our circle, and could definitely use some tips and strategies; not just about storytelling, but Exalted in general. Common mistakes, nifty pieces of gear, handy charms and combos, etc.

But this thread is not just about me. Feel free to discuss whatever Exalted related things you want!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-09, 01:57 AM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

I've got the main book and had a good read, its seems a solid system. Sadly I could never convince my players to give it a go, similar story with Mage, and Hunter. The only shame with Exalted is I can't really slip those into a Werewolf game as antagonists.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-09, 11:55 PM

I love the system but can't find anyone to play sadly hahah

I keep forgetting how hilarious my old posts are.

It's not a question of who will let me, it's a question of who will stop me.
You fight for nothing! You are nothing!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 08:46 AM

NerdyOgre254's Flag is: Australia

I play it but it's been a while since i ran it.

1. Don't try and bend your head around social combat. it's just not worth it. just bring it down to a simple ability roll and leave it at that.

2. Exalted make good bosses.

3. It takes (on average) 4 Terrestrials to kill a single Celestial exalt.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

On the subject of Rat Ogres:
But if we give them laser eyes and mounted guns, we'll have to bring in Clan Skryre, and everyone knows how much those limp-tailed snuff addicts overcharge.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-09, 04:07 AM

Kitsunex's Flag is: USA

i'm a longtime Exalted player. i actually just got done running a post-apocalyptic style Exalted game that took place outside of new york.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-09, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Pally-HO!!!!

I find that's the best way to describe Exalted to new players.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-09, 07:44 PM

buckythefly's Flag is: USA

I've played Exalted off and on, and I really don't like the setting, it seems to attempt to do way to much all the time. I mean their is actually a faction of Demon-Worshipping Pirates. I mean come on. It can be a really fun game if you get a cooperative party going who don't over do it.

Thats my advice to you, is double check ALL your players characters before allowing them to start the game. I didn't in one of the stories I ran and my friend used hook swords to make something like 11 attacks in a single turn and completely obliterated this sort of Undead-Monster contraption I had come up with. It generally made me very sad.

I'm all for playing this game, but you don't have to be a dick about it.

~Someday I'll play 7th Edition ~
0 Win 0 Losses 0 Draws
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-09, 09:52 PM

I tend to agree with the majority and love the game and system but have had trouble finding people to take part near me (they like to play other whitewolf titles or dark heresy).

I really like ur post apocolyptic exalted idea Kitsunex, post apocolyptic fantasy with a bit of sci-fi in the artifacts and war machines possibly. I might try and get that to work myself if you dont mind me stealing ur groups idea.

also the tips from nerdy ogre above are a great core to keep in mind, especially how hard the exalts can be (cos thats bitten me on the butt a few times.)

take care and fun gaming everyone.

ps. sorry forgot to say that if ur running it for the first time (at least in a long while) it might be gd if u can use preset characters (taken from book or made by u) if ur players dont mind so u dont have to try and learn all of the charms and combo possibilities instantly and so gives u more control. i found this useful when i first ran it, my group also said it was nice cos they were new to it too and had been a bit overwhelmed in our PC creation sessions.

Last edited by PooHand; 03-28-09 at 10:07 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-09, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Pally-HO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckythefly View Post
Thats my advice to you, is double check ALL your players characters before allowing them to start the game. I didn't in one of the stories I ran and my friend used hook swords to make something like 11 attacks in a single turn and completely obliterated this sort of Undead-Monster contraption I had come up with. It generally made me very sad.
We use what I call the "Gestalt-Storyteller" method, where we all kind of direct the story. When I run a story though, I set out a plan ahead of time and come of with combat situations that my Dawn Caste would have a hard time in; what this lead to was my two friends and I taking on a legion of undead warriors and two deathknights...and winning, barely. Emphasis on the "barely." One deathknight escaped, the other was eviscerated by yours-truly, and we all took serious injuries. But it was damn fun!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-09, 05:36 PM

Kitsunex's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooHand View Post
I tend to agree with the majority and love the game and system but have had trouble finding people to take part near me (they like to play other whitewolf titles or dark heresy).

I really like ur post apocolyptic exalted idea Kitsunex, post apocolyptic fantasy with a bit of sci-fi in the artifacts and war machines possibly. I might try and get that to work myself if you dont mind me stealing ur groups idea.
sure! just let me know what you want to know and i'll hook ya up.

i'm actually not running a game currently for a change. so i get the fun of just relaxing and not having to have anything prepared. granted most time when i run a game 80% of it is pulled out of my butt on the fly. really doing too much prepwork is just as bad as not doing any.

Currently Running:ORKS! The Ringmasta Skullsmasha is bringin the WAUGHHHH!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode