Funny 'In Character' Quotes - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Games For the discussion of all Roleplay Games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-14-13, 12:54 PM

Raizer Sabre's Flag is: England

in a game of savage worlds a couple of months back, the players (including me) were part of an entourage of some earl or something (the campaign was set in 17th century vienna) who was like 13 or something. we got jumped by highwaymen on the road to vienna and suffice to say the earl was a little pissed off. when we got to our accomodation, some count's estate, the earl wanted a hot bath run. the exchange went thus:

GM: so the earl orders his bath and several minutes later, there's maids bringing in this copper tub into his room, filling it up with hot water and also helping him undress
Me: (under my breath in character but out loud to the players) poor kid, he hasn't hit puberty yet, there's no way he can truly appreciate this...

the next couple of minutes were just spent laughing, with one guy's shoulders going like a jackhammer XD

i also suggested, in a more recent game of traveller that to get inside this briefcase containing orders that could only be opened by the captain and the recently murdered navigation officer's dna patterns "could we not just cut off the guy's hand and have the computer read the dna off that?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-17-13, 07:22 AM

High_Seraph's Flag is: USA

Alright time to tell the tale of Fucking Gaius. See the thing is my friend who is helping me with being a GM made a voidborn assassin who could shoot the wings off a fly at one mile but anything else he will fail at. Notice anything wrong in a bloodfilled corridor with maimed bodies all around? Nope nothings here but the floor and walls are a weird shade of red. Open a crate? Nope will throw his back out and fall on the floor in pain for rolling a 100. Shoot the enemy about to rip apart the ONLY adept who knows what we need? Righteous Fury out the ass making him explode in gore. Dodge a massive fucking blow from a mutant? Backflip with style before making it blow up in a spray of gore. Now the part where he gets called Fucking Gaius. Call him just Gaius and he fails everything but he gets called Fucking Gaius he succeeds damn near every time.

So the mission is going okay, with Gaius fucking up as usual, Finiel, the meattank guardsmen, walks up to a bar asking for information about a local gang but gets refused. So he walks over to the group and talks in cipher to them before someone suggests Gaius as he is the only "shady" character. Finiel then responds with, "What Fucking Gaius? He won't get shit from that guy. He will just fail and bring the Arbites down on us or something!" Gaius walks up and rolls a 1 and gets all the information they need. The name stuck after that.

"Loyalty is its own reward."
Lion El'Jonson.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode