I'm considering a house rule for if I ever run DH2e, buying Aptitudes as Elite Advanc - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Games For the discussion of all Roleplay Games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-01-20, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Default I'm considering a house rule for if I ever run DH2e, buying Aptitudes as Elite Advanc

I like to play loose and fast especially when it comes to DH2e, combat is rare, and roleplaying is often just as (if not more) important as (than) mechanics when it comes to solving puzzles. When combat happens if the players did things right they should expect to roflstomp the enemies most of the time with the occasional high end challenge of course. If things go wrong however, solid chance that the acolytes will be roflstomped instead. reverse phone lookup nba reddit pcpartpicker

To this end, I've considered either ramping up XP so people gain shit they wanna do much faster, or making ways to make it cheaper for certain builds that don't mind slow advancement early on (invest a lot early on and things are cheaper later, invest little and you'll eventually softcap in the things you specialized in, etc). The price I'd considered to purchase an Aptitude as an Elite Advance was 1000xp. Assuming you save every point you could possibly get that in a mission or two. It would give players reasons to save their xp (and potentially buy stuff they need as it comes up) but it would also slow down their advancement temporarily so it's a tradeoff for the individual instead of an overarching rule change like expedited XP. If you played a game with this houserule, would you consider the 1000xp price tag too low or too high? Assume an average of 200-300 xp per session, with a bonus at mission end.

Any other thoughts on this matter? Any ideas to make the players feel a bit more powerful in this sort of game and less restricted on their ideas?

Last edited by TrevorGage; 03-05-20 at 04:21 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode