40k d20 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Games For the discussion of all Roleplay Games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

aetherguy881's Flag is: Germany

Default 40k d20

Some of my buddies from school have gotten me into DnD and I was wondering who else played? Currently we have 2 40k d20 campaigns going, one is a space marine campaign, we haven't gotten too far into it yet...

We're also running a campaign where we're Imperial Acolytes and we're investigating a planet that has been out of contact for an unknown reason. In that campaign I'm a former PDF Sargent with a las carbine with the double-tab bad-ass feat. I'm really liking the campaign and I can't wait to get back to it. It has a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. -esque theme to it.

Also with the 40k d20 campaign, we give the weapons +1 to their damage rolls because the silly little kid who wrote it didn't know what he was doing. Also in the rules, terminator armor is separate from dreadnought close combat armor (they're the same thing). So we bend the written rules such that they'd fit the actual game mechanics and such.

It's really fun and yes, I'm proud to be a nerd!

--Ideas are bulletproof--
--If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0--
--Destroyers are sick. Oh so sick! Whether they’re
shooting at Land Raiders, Carnifex, or small children,
they will kill it.--
Proud 40K Radio Listener and Freeboota
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-08, 02:56 AM

Hekacool. Yknow theres a D20 modern roll play game with post apocoliptic, futeristic, and alian conspiricy moduals. A combination could make a well represented 40K if you mixed it with what you have (Although it seems you have things handled.)

"A true king is never alone, his will is equal to the will of all of his followers."
-Alexander the Great, kind of
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-05-08, 04:52 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Yes D20 modern is fast becoming their standard for sci-fi games over at Wizards, Star Trek D20 is shifting to the modern rules set up as it suits the game alot more, with dedicated rules for vehicles, guns etc.

You can save yourself a lot of headaches by going down the route of 'D20 Modern' its what I'd do if I wasn't planning on just rolling with the Dark Heresy ruleset.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"

Last edited by Druchii in Space; 11-05-08 at 04:56 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode