Hello fellow Only War players (or Future ones), I'm starting up an only war Play by Post game, it will be my first time G.M.ing, but not my first experience with 40k RPG's (I played a lot of Dark Heresy).
This is the regiment you will be part of
1st Vasan ‘Black Guard’ Homeworld: Forge Vasus (Counts as Schola Progenium) Commanding Officer: Circumspect Regiment Type: Grenadiers Doctrines: Favoured Foe, Vanguard Drawbacks: Honour Bound, The Few
- Vasan-pattern Combat Shotgun (Main Weapon) (4 Clips): Basic; 40m; S/3/–; 1d10+4 I; Pen 0; 18; Full; Proven (2), Scatter; 8.5kg
- Vasan-pattern Autopistol (Sidearm) (2 Clips): Pistol; 40m; S/–/6; 1d10+3 I; Pen 0; 12; Full; Proven (2); 1.5kg
- Vasan-pattern Auxiliary Grenade Launcher (For Main Weapon): Basic; 55m; S/–/–; Dam As Grenade; Pen As Grenade; 1; Full; Spec as Grenade; 4.5kg
- Vasan-pattern Knife: Melee/Thrown; 5m; 1d5 R; Pen 2; Proven (2), Primitive (4); 1kg
- 2x Frag Grenades: Thrown; SBx3; S/–/–; 2d10 X; Pen 0; Blast (3), Ogryn-Proof; 0.5kg
- Krak Grenade: Thrown; SBx3; S/–/–; 2d10+4 X; Pen 6; Concussive (0); 0.5kg
- Light Carapace Armour: All; AP 5; 15kg
- Deadspace Earpiece:
- Good Craftsmanship Photo-Visor:
- Set of Poor Weather Gear:
- 9-70 Entrenching Tool:
- Anointed Toolkit:
- Grooming Kit:
- Mess Kit:
- Rechargeable Lamp Pack:
- Sleep Bag:
- Uplifting Primer:
- Water Canteen:
- 2 Weeks Ration:
One Per Squad
- Chimera Armoured Transport (Turret-mounted Autocannon, Hull-mounted Heavy Flamer, Pintle-mounted Heavy Stubber, Dozer Blade, Camouflage Netting)
- 6x Demolitions Charges:
- 2x Vasan-pattern Grenade Launcher (2 Clips of Frag Grenades and 1 Clip of Krak Grenades with each weapon, replaces Main Weapon and Auxiliary Grenade Launcher): Basic; 70m; S/–/–; Dam as Grenade; Pen as Grenade; 6; 2 Full; Spec as Grenade; 14kg
- Siege Auspex:
Favored Basic: Vasan-pattern Grenade Launcher (2 Clips of Frag Grenades and 1 Clip of Krak Grenades, if used as the starting weapon of a Weapons Specialist): Favored Heavy: Vasan-pattern Missile Launcher (5 Frag Missiles and 3 Krak Missiles, if used as the starting weapon of a Weapons Specialist): Heavy; 300m; S/–/–; Dam as Missile; Pen as Missile; 1; Full; Spec as Missile; 35kg
- Limited Numbers: When they request reinforcements (to replace fallen Comrades), they must make a Hard (–20) Logistics Test if most of the regiment is actively deployed or an Ordinary (+10) Logistics Test if a significant portion of the regiment is not currently in the field. If it fails, the regiment simply has no reinforcements it can spare for the Squad, and its members must soldier on until its members can put in another request for troop support.
- Pride Over Life: Squad members must pass a Difficult (–10) Willpower Test to refuse any formal challenge or ignore any other major slight to their honour. If he succeeds on the Test, he sees the bigger picture and ignores the challenge or attempt to goad him into action. If he fails on the Test, however, he must engage the individual in question (either in a duel to settle matters in a formal and stylised fashion or simply in a brawl to express himself with his fists) or suffer a –10 penalty to Willpower Tests for the remainder of the session. This penalty is cumulative should he refuse multiple challenges to his dignity over the course of a single session. The Game Master can modify the difficulty of the Test—and the scale of the effects of failing it—as he deems appropriate to the situation
Squad Size: 1 Sergeant, 1 Operator, 0-1 Heavy Gunners, 0-1 Weapons Specialists, 0-1 Medics, 0-3 Guardsman, Max of 5 Players (+ Companions)
- Guardsman (Custom Class): +5 BS; Aptitudes: Ballistic Skill, Defence, Toughness; Skills: Athletics, Navigate (Surface); Talents: Rapid Reload, Weapons Training (SP) (Launcher)
- Heavy Gunners: His/her choice of Heavy Weapon becomes his/her Main Weapon (Replacing the Combat Shotgun), He/she also loses the Auxiliary Grenade Launcher.
- Sergeant: He/she does not gain a Laspistol.
- Weapon Specialist: His/her choice of Basic Weapon becomes his/her Main Weapon (Replacing the Combat Shotgun), if he/she chooses a Grenade Launcher he/she also loses the Auxiliary Grenade Launcher.
- Support Specialists: Not allowed.
Please if your interested please post which Specialty you wise to play (Best to put your 2 Favorite because you competing with an other forum).
2nd Edit: Also note that the 1st Vasan 'Black Guard' are an all male regiment, but since there will be times that you are on the home-world, I advise that you give your character a family and/or friends that live on Vasus