suggestions for starting mission in dark heresy rpg - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Games For the discussion of all Roleplay Games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-13, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

nicegirl13's Flag is: Denmark

Default suggestions for starting mission in dark heresy rpg

Hello everyone

At the moment am i working on starting my first dh campain, and have been collecting information for what a good starting mission,or what kind of mission the inquisition could assign a party to. I have a great idea on how the world and some of the issue would be. I want to involve some cartel issue and well some mystori. But its more why the party should be send down there. Hope it makes any sense

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-13, 07:36 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

What is your setting (hive world, shrine world, battlefront, space, ect ect) and what level/ classes are your players. DH has a huge scope of mission potential, we need a bit more detail before we can give you good suggestions.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-13, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

nicegirl13's Flag is: Denmark

oh ofc, well i want it to be in a Mining world or Industrial World, with a cartel senate system, where i want to combine either some xenos weapon or artifact or experiment with geneseed/ mutation. perhaps have a murder that seems to be a bit odd that might wake the intereset of the inquisiton to investigate the unnatural murder or corps.

Last edited by nicegirl13; 09-15-13 at 08:12 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-13, 08:12 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Could just make it a simple investigation of bad book keeping. The acolytes are sent in to see why the mining tithes are off and then you can have a chain of events happen as ppl stress out over the INQ being involved.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-13, 06:29 AM

ardias's Flag is: USA

There is also the Iocanthos starter campaign, I think it is in the primary source book, but I haven't read the Dark Heresy books in a while.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-13, 08:21 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

http://rpggeek.com/thread/705355/run...racy-adventure

This can give you some ideas
I usually start very low ( a strange kidnapping, an heretical books black market discovery) and then begin upping the stake when the investigation advance.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 08:31 PM

Definitely agree you should make the initial brief of the story turn out to be but the tip of the heretical iceberg. Say there are reports of homeless and underhivers going missing in one underhive area. Nothing new in itself but it seems to be happening at a disproportionately high rate even for the underhive. When they get down there you find that the shanty towns they find are nearly ghost towns. If they can find any inhabitants they resist being questioned and look terrified. From then on the players have to figure out what on earth is happening down there. Lot's of room for tension building, maybe some of the cell memebrs spot movement in the shadows and the group feels eerily like they are being watched. The threat, whatever it is at this point could anything you choose, maybe it's a genestealer cult, or some sort of crazed chaos cult being run by a corrupt noble. Sacrificing the dregs of society to gain favour with his patrons and do what they feel is a service to humanity. Or maybe there's a group of logicians using the humans of the underhive there for illegal bioresearch and as fodder to fuel their heretek creations of war. it really comes down to what can you imagine given all the fluff you have to work with.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-13, 12:58 AM

Default Would I be able to join this?

I am a little new to this Dark Heresy universe so I might need some help but I do have a created character so I would just like to ask am I able to join?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode