It's a game like Space Hulks, but Fantasy... (My Epic Search) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Roleplay Games For the discussion of all Roleplay Games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Six_Paths_of_Pain's Flag is: USA

Default It's a game like Space Hulks, but Fantasy... (My Epic Search)

Ok, I know you guy's are the experts at stuff like this, so I will ask here for once and for all put an end to my quest...

When I was a kid (between 1995 - 1998) I used to play with my cousins this one board game that was SOO kick ass! I've been looking for it for YEARS and as a matter of fact, thanks to my search, I found Warhammer 40,000.

The board game was Miniature Gameplay, made up of a set of Miniature Heroes (Don't remember if it had like 2, 3, or 4 of them) and monsters. You had to go trough a Dungeon and the purpose of the game was to get to a "Chest" , thus you would win the game (I'm going according to what my uncles told us, we were kids so we didn't understand the rules that well). I remember the board game brought a "Grim Reaper" miniature that walked around the dungeon at the same time you did, and you would have to do what ever possible to not encounter it, or else you would die/lose (Or atleast I think you would, ).

I do remember the board game also bringing walls, doors, chests, and weapons. It was a dice based game and I think I remember seeing cards (like your casual board game, where you pull out a card and it tells you something). The closest thing I can think about that reminds me of the concept is that of Space Hulks. Although I can't remember exacly the gameplay down to details, I do remember that we would control only 1 miniature hero, like if it was some kind of Race to get to the chest.

I know, I know... this probably makes no sense, but I'm hoping that someday, someone can recognize the game and tell me a name... cause seriously, this would be me:

Thanks.

PS: I asked this at another Forum, and someone did tell me some names, unfortunately... they weren't the right game at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 09:21 AM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

Sounds a lot like the Talisman Game to me, you move through 3 regions to reach the "Crown of Command"

Last edited by Ratvan; 04-25-12 at 09:23 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 09:24 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

hero quest or warhammer quest are the most likely in that period of time, and they are GW games and very like space hulk, google search them and see what you think.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 09:27 AM
nice boy, daft though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratvan View Post
Sounds a lot like the Talisman Game to me, you move through 3 regions to reach the "Crown of Command"
i didnt think that had doors and walls? though to be honest they are all pretty similar

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 09:32 AM
Mad as a sack of Squigs

Ratvan's Flag is: England

I think it was the 2nd/3rd expansion when it could be played just as the dungeon without the outer two layers and was a race to the centre, or played with the main board had loads of alternative entrances to take you to a treasure chest but you couldn't take your horse into the dungeon
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Six_Paths_of_Pain's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratvan View Post
Looked into it, but unfortunately, it wasn't it. This board game I'm talking about, was less square and more like a straight path with turns and rooms, ect...

To be honest, it felt like you were playing in some kind of ruin, perhaps like a cathedral kind of look... really gloomy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
hero quest or warhammer quest are the most likely in that period of time, and they are GW games and very like space hulk, google search them and see what you think.
Did some search on that, and stumbled into this... http://bwarhammerquest.runboard.com/t90260

That right there, reminds me ALOT to it, now, I don't know if the Original Poster on there made those, or painted them, but the style itself reminds me alot to it.

PS: Just looking at these makes me want to play it, lol.

Last edited by Six_Paths_of_Pain; 04-25-12 at 09:43 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-12, 09:54 AM
nice boy, daft though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six_Paths_of_Pain View Post
Looked into it, but unfortunately, it wasn't it. This board game I'm talking about, was less square and more like a straight path with turns and rooms, ect...

To be honest, it felt like you were playing in some kind of ruin, perhaps like a cathedral kind of look... really gloomy.

Did some search on that, and stumbled into this... http://bwarhammerquest.runboard.com/t90260

That right there, reminds me ALOT to it, now, I don't know if the Original Poster on there made those, or painted them, but the style itself reminds me alot to it.

PS: Just looking at these makes me want to play it, lol.
well its likey to be one of the quest titles as those were played alot at the time your talking about and it matches the description you gave mostly, games like that were not that common back then as its very pre lord of the rings and "fantasy" was uber geek back then. But its hard to say as its possible your uncle had altered the game play and added models to the set to make it more fun or easier to play?

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-12, 11:01 PM

turel2's Flag is: Great Britain

Any of these?
Click image for larger size.

Board pieces for Warhammer quest.

Last edited by turel2; 12-09-12 at 11:10 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Roleplay Games

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode