The Shadow Guardians Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-04-14, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

I can definitely see an improvement in my painting ability from my first Rhino to the second. Getting slightly better at painting chipped and weathered paint, freehand and decal application.
As always, any comments and/or tips on how I might improve are welcome. Thanks for checking out the growing forces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-05-14, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Working on some assault terminators with magnetized arms. These guys were time consuming to build, but have been a blast to paint so far.

post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-26-14, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

These Assault Terminators are really coming together nicely. I decided to try a little freehand lightning on the hammer heads and the shield edges. Soon, I will get their bases put together using cork, flock, and some extra bits.

post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-26-14, 12:28 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Those termies look great, very nice work.

The lightning is very well done and fantastic attention to detail on the line work for the half/quad colours on the helmets.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-26-14, 01:35 AM

Dude you are an unbelievable painter, your squads look really nice and cohesive. Now for my 2cents..... the first picture I saw of your marines does not do them justice. After I got passed the first pics I was like whoa what the heck this guys the fastest learner I've ever seen.... then I realized you just had a bad pic I think. Other than that those landspeeders are phenomenal, o really like the use of the white eagle transfer that's cut in half. And the freehand work on your rhino of the scroll was impeccable, and the interior of the radar and buttons looked like an eavy metal work. Beautiful job.

Last edited by cole.mvb; 02-26-14 at 01:39 AM.
post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-26-14, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
Those termies look great, very nice work.

The lightning is very well done and fantastic attention to detail on the line work for the half/quad colours on the helmets.
Thank you, Varakir! glad you liked the halved/quartered heraldry on the helmets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole.mvb View Post
Dude you are an unbelievable painter, your squads look really nice and cohesive. Now for my 2cents..... the first picture I saw of your marines does not do them justice. After I got passed the first pics I was like whoa what the heck this guys the fastest learner I've ever seen.... then I realized you just had a bad pic I think. Other than that those landspeeders are phenomenal, o really like the use of the white eagle transfer that's cut in half. And the freehand work on your rhino of the scroll was impeccable, and the interior of the radar and buttons looked like an eavy metal work. Beautiful job.
Thanks, man! and I appreciate your "2 cents" about the first few pics. They do look pretty mediocre by comparison. Most of the first page is WIP shots of minis that have been subtly touched up over the last year or two. Truth be told, I got a little better at painting, but a LOT better at photographing miniatures since starting this Plog. Now I always use at least 3 different light sources, including one full spectrum light when I shoot. I also digitally adjust the exposure, shadows, highlights and color balance after the fact to help make the detail more visible. I might edit my first post with a newer photo just to convince more hobbyists to look over the rest of the pics in here, but it's also nice to just keep an unedited record of my humble beginnings.
post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-02-14, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Got the Termies on cork bases! I've also flocked them and started painting them up already, but I don't have a pic of that just yet.... Check out the "V" on some of them, denoting the 5th squad of the 1st Company.
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-02-14, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

Got the bases painted! I'm on a roll, today. Thought I'd show the back of the squad this time for variety, and to prove to the Internet that I actually painted back there. ;-)
post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-02-14, 07:58 AM

torealis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Man... oh man.... wow.

Overall, amazing, but those helmets are just... godly.

post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-02-14, 04:25 PM

Saintspirit's Flag is: Sweden

Agreed, they are looking fantastic, although I do have a smaller question (just note that it is not a complain of any kind) - how come their helmets all have different patterns (and not just the sergeants)?

My Word Bearers Project
My Tutorials - part 1: Word Bearer
My Tutorials - part 2: Word Bearer Cultist
My Tutorials - part 3: Plaguebearer
My Tutorials - part 4: Plague Marine
Quote:
To make a model into a piece of art, you need to find a model that you like, and a painting scheme that you love.
Quote:
"They are fierce indeed these Kor, and savage. I look upon them and tremble at their ferocity. I can only hope that when the enemy sees them they tremble as I do."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode