Grins continuing WiPs - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 08:51 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Great looking group mate and I think the Talon came out very nice! Looking forward to the Wolves.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Grins1878's Flag is: United Kingdom

Cheers Midge, I'll try and do them justice! Will post up a picture shortly of them in all their washed glory... got them under the lamp to try and dry them quicker... haha! :-)

"I no longer think of them as animals Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptable. Single-minded. The perfection of my father's vision." - Magnus the Red.
post #63 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

I've washed them all Vaj Brown shade, and added some black shade to some of them to darken patches of fur, so there'll be four going from dark brown/black to light brown and three going from flat brown to lighter brown/pale brown... possibly white, depends on how carried away I get!

Anyhow, some badly taken pics of them below. I'm not feeling the greatest and its dark and I want my bed, so it's all you're getting for now!

The shine on the black shade is because it's a pretty heavy wash (especially on Bignose Scalycloak's Thunderwolf = trying to smooth out some of the sharpness to the casting. It's fur could cut glass...), but once dried it shouldn't look three bad.

More probably Wednesday now, busy night tomorrow! Until then I bid you farewell!

Cheers!

"I no longer think of them as animals Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptable. Single-minded. The perfection of my father's vision." - Magnus the Red.

post #64 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-31-12, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

After skiving off tonight I've managed to get a few more hours in on my thunderwolves. Tonight I've:
Given the riders the proper basecoat of Fenris Grey (since my original coat was WAAAAAY too light)
Done all the brown basecoats on the riders (Flat Brown)
Started to do the brown on the fur (Flat Brown, thinned with water and starting to blend the fur in)

At the end of the night they now look like this:

Bignose is looking the most finished at the moment, I've blended and brushed on a lot of flat brown into the actual brown bits, leaving the darker fur untouched for now. I have a plan for that, but not sure it'll work so doing that part last. Here's a few of Bignose:

Next up is the other thunderwolf I started blending the brown on it's face. I'm finding painting the plastic fur a lot nicer than the finecast, mainly because the fur is too sharp and crisp on the finecast!

Two just to show some of the darker fur patterns:

If you google brown wolf some of the patterns are there, and then click dark brown wolf at the top and the rest are there. The remaining three with no dark bits will be light brown.

In theory. THey may all turn out to be bollocks, but you get the idea.

Cheers

post #65 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-02-12, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

A couple of shots with ol' Bignose and his pooch. Spent a bit of time doing the fur last night and I'm pretty happy with it, need to make a final couple of touches to it but it's almost there. His will be the darkest wolf out the pack.

There was a third, but realised it showed most of the living room, and I'm not inviting everyone in! Will get a better one later. Sadly the only way to get natural light on the minis is facing into the flat!

post #66 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-09-12, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Bit of a delay here, haven't been too well over the past week or so and haven't picked up the brush, but tonight picked out some mini's I've had in my cupboard for some time. One is my all time favorite Commissar figure, the other is an almost identical fellow on horseback.

Since reading battle of the fang I've wanted some IG to work with my wolves, and the allies thing has come at just the right time. So whether or not I'm going to use Cadian (more than likely, possibly with different heads) is up in the air at the moment, but for discipline purposes, the footslogging Commissar, and for display purposes the mounted one.

Will be working on these in between some wolves, but defo more to follow on them! This is a bit of a teaser lol

Probs back tomorrow for some painted wolfage! ttfn!

post #67 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-12-12, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Seems the light has washed the colour out a bit, but you get the idea.

Just a few pics so far. Power armour coloured and highlighted, skin finished, now working on the blue bits (cape, TS corpse and axe). More later :-)

post #68 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-12-12, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Plenty of work on the cape so far, more to go but it seems to be coming along nicely! That's all for tonight, but more during the week.

Cheers!

post #69 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-13-12, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

It seems the more I paint and the more I learn off people, the longer it takes me to paint a single model. Still on big nose, but he's nearly done, will just need to touch up his wolf when he's done.

I love his cloak. I'm not sure the pics do it justice, but in the flesh it looks ace! :-)

post #70 of 153 (permalink) Old 08-14-12, 10:04 AM

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Fantastic work so far Grin! All the little chips and weather effects in the armor look great. Adds alot of extra character to the model. I'm excited to see what you do with your two commissars, hands down the best looking commissars IG has to offer.

Whats your plan on the bases?

Looking forward to seeing them finished.

Regards,
DoE

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

Last edited by Disciple_of_Ezekiel; 08-15-12 at 05:43 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode