The Drake's of Vulcan - Salamander Successor WIP - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-11, 02:40 AM

777swappamag777's Flag is: USA

Sorry to seem like a downer but they look like DA. Are you any good with green stuff? I would like to see what you can do with some GS models.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-11, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Chris Guard of Mardat's Flag is: England

Default Biker Sergeant and replies to comments

Here's the almost finished biker sergeant, wanted to get some half decent pictures before the heat-wave finished and the clouds come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777swappamag777 View Post
Sorry to seem like a downer but they look like DA. Are you any good with green stuff? I would like to see what you can do with some GS models.
I'm ok with GS, I find it easier to use if I have something, only problem is I don't have any GS at the moment, and I can't afford any at the moment. I'm thinking of painting some flames on somewhere on the model, but that will probably when I've got everyone painted up like these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
So far so good. One major tip is to water down your paints. I can see several areas where the paint went on really really thick. I would also suggest taking a bit more time on assembly. I know we all want to toss a model together as fast as we can but taking an extra 30 minutes will really help the look of a model once it is finished and in the long run you will be tankful you did.
Thank you for you kind words. I think the problem with most of these models is that they are my older models, and so I'm trying to improve how they look, but don't have anything to strip them with (and I've e-primed most of them already), here's a couple of pictures to show you what they looked like before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
It really is awesome that you have spent that much time coming up with fluff and a write up on your chapter. If you ever want to write a shortstory up on your guys you can get a hold of Commissar Ploss who is the editor of the Heretic, the Heresy Online eZine.
Sounds cool, I'll have to think about it, I like writing stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minizke1 View Post
Looks good, and yeah I think the dark pictures arent doing him justice.
Thank you
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-11, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Chris Guard of Mardat's Flag is: England

Default Flames on the Biker Sergeant and brief Battle Report

I tried out my army list against a Grey Knight (I hate the Silver Knights!) 5 objectives in total, 1 in the centre and 1 roughly halfway between the centre and each corner (board was only 3ft wide, 4ft long) I think he had Draigo, 5 Terminators, a 7/8 man PA Grey Knight Squad (1 Psycannon/Incinerator) and a 7 man PA Grey Knight Squad (1 Psycannon/Incinerator) with Rhino. Everyone had Psybolts (i think that's what they're called)

The Bikers and Tactical Squad sped forward, their combined firepower wiping out the 7/8 man Grey Knight Squad on turn 1. The Grey Knights stun the Razorback
My combat squad with Multi-melta and 4 normal marines blew up the Rhino turn 2, the marine with Psycannon/Incinerator dying. Draigo is reduced to 2 wounds and 1 terminator is killed by my Tactical Squad/Biker Squad.
Turn 2/3 Draigo left the Terminators and went after my Bikers, leaving them with the sergeant, a meltagun-biker, and a wounded Attack Bike. The Terminators wiped out the Tactical Squad in combat, who had already lost 2 of their battle brothers to shooting.
The Razorback lost its Heavy Flamer and was immbolised on turn 2/3.
Turn 3/4 Vulkan/Orpheus and the other combat squad came out of the Razorback the turn after, their meltagun, combi-melta, heavy flamer and 3 bolt pistols killing 2. The Terminators killed 4 Marines after Orpheus and Co. assaulted them, but Orpheus killed the 2 left.

we had 1 objective each but didn't get to finish (and I was about to melt Draigo )
He had the 6 Grey Knights in PA (on the objective) and the wounded Draigo left.
I had my Multi-melta combat squad (on the objective), the Combat Squad Sergeant, Orpheus/Vulkan, and my depleted Bike Squad (thanks to being reminded that bikes flee 3D6 not 2D6)
All in all, it was a good game, and I loved using Orpheus - all those Melta re-rolls (at 1 point I rolled triple 1's for my Bike Squad, which quickly became a 3, 5 and 6). I don't really think I could've done anything differently, the only thing that could have helped would have been a bigger board, where I could take advantage of my superior mobility.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode