The Emperor's Feth 2 - Astra Militarum and Blood Angels Army - Page 13 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-13-14, 09:01 PM

Jangalak's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nice work fella - what are you not happy with? They look finely done - can you get a better photo? They are blending in with the background.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-13-14, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

hocky's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah these are quick snaps, I will take some proper pics when finished. Need to finish the bases and weather them. Not sure whether to weather(!) the armour like I did with my guard vets or to try something different. What do you reckon? Also not sure how to dirty up the feet. Should I make them dusty from an urban environment or use a different technique? If anyone has any ideas or pics as examples that would be great.

The quickest way to a traitors heart is through his ribcage - Commissariat Mantra

Check out my IG Project Log here (The Emperor's Feth 2)

Check out Jangalak's IG Project Log here(The Emperor's Feth)
post #123 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-13-14, 11:34 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocky View Post
Yellow sucks ass
Fuckin' tell me about it!!!! Yellow is a son of a bitch and why my Imperial Fists are slow progressing....though all of my projects progress pretty damn slow.

Great job on that Assault marine, though I feel his left foot looks overly dark. It would be perfect with the shading, but there's as much overhead coverage of the right foot that I think they should be closer in colour.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #124 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-20-14, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
I feel his left foot looks overly dark. It would be perfect with the shading, but there's as much overhead coverage of the right foot that I think they should be closer in colour.
ntaw you are absolutely right - that is just the nuln oil wash that has pooled on his leg and made it darker. I have covered it a little as I have weathered the armour tonight and painted and washed the base. I have also weathered the jump pack and had a go at painting the boosters on the back white - blue as if they are igniting. I think that the weathering has come out ok but the boosters look crap to put it simply. I haven't got a photo as I am still waiting for the base wash to dry. I'll post one this weekend when I figure out how to make the boosters look better - any ideas would be great!

While I was waiting for various bits of the assault marine to dry I painted up a couple of guardsmen that I had lying around - there's always a need for more meat in the grinder...

I have to say it is so much easier to paint guard than power armour, hats off to you marine players!!
My guys are dead simple:
1. Base colours - Always face first to completition then scab red, boltgun metal, codex grey and any accessories on there.
2. Wash - Nuln oil on the grey and metal, Agrax earthshade on the red.
3. Highlights - Boltgun metal again, codex grey again, scab red mixed with bleached bone and any accessories again such as belts etc.
4. Teeth on the shoulder pad with white.
Done
Takes a bit of time but generally quite quick.
Back to the marine next week now...

The quickest way to a traitors heart is through his ribcage - Commissariat Mantra

post #125 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-21-14, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Right here is the assault marine - just need to finish the base.
I need views/criticisms on:
1. The jump pack jets
2. The weathering on the armour
3. Any other improvements.
Thanks!

I appreciate the pics aren't the best but no daylight when i get home from work anymore!

post #126 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-21-14, 11:20 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I like where you have applied weathering, but it looks a bit too cleanly done for my taste. Maybe smaller patches (if that's even a possibility) might change the finished feel of it, but my opinions on weathering should be taken with a few truckloads of salt as I'm not usually a fan of it in any situation. Regardless, that's a solid looking model.

Something that was suggested to me (here on Heresy I might add) that really changed my BA army was to paint all the joints silver and wash them black instead of having all the knee and elbow nooks painted red and washed black. It really did help to break up the 'red muhreenz' look and gave my work a bit more depth. Granted, you have a bit more of a colour break going on with Felsh Tearers, but still I think it would look sweet.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #127 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-24-15, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Back into the swing of things now after a break over Christmas. I finished off my 15 assault marines:

unfortunately now they aren't troops I'll need to get hold of some tactical marines doh!
I have also finished off 1 of the terminators. These were the pics before I realised I forgot a shoulder pad:

And these were after:

While I was at it I also started blacking up my land raider and Baal predator flesh tearer style:

Sorry about the pics but no daylight to take proper ones when I am not at work at the moment I will take proper pics at some point.

Last edited by hocky; 01-28-15 at 09:27 PM.
post #128 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-25-15, 07:16 AM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

More great work, and I'm loving the glow on those jump packs!! Makes me wish I had the bravery to give that a go
post #129 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-25-15, 12:53 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Those marines are looking mean mate, they'd be great to face across a table.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #130 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-31-15, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Iraqiel, they're getting there slowly.
I figured Reverend that I'd have a go and if it goes wrong I can always paint over it!
Anyway I was supposed to get a game with Jangalak tonight but die to an Ill missus we were sadly unable to get together. On the plus side I've had 4 whole hours to paint which is unheard of! I painted the basic colours of boltgun metal and some more black on the land raider and Baal predator and washed them. Also got the weapons and flamer barrels done on the Baal. They are starting to take shape, just details , weathering and sponsons to do...

Last edited by hocky; 01-31-15 at 11:01 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode