The Ad Man's rogue trader: Order of the Crimson Dawn - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-24-11, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

the-ad-man's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The Ad Man's rogue trader: Order of the Crimson Dawn

Hello, and welcome to my second progress thread!!

This thread is all about me building the forces of Rogue Trader: Captain Haaken Rackam.

This crew of rag tag individuals do not follow the Imperial creed and hence allow all manner of aliens and sub humans to enter their ranks. Such behaviour is seriously frowned upon by the Inqusition, luckily Haaken's family inheritence is a Warrent of Trade dated back so far it is signed by the Emperor himself.

In the eyes of the Imperium the family has fallen from grace and withering, when in actuality the fleet of this Rogue Trader is stronger than ever, acting as a large mercanary force lending aid to worlds willing to pay, be they Imperial, Tau owned or even helping the Eldar(although that was only once and they were in a real bad way, considering how much it pained them to request the assistance of a Mon-Keigh).

Through out this project log i'll be keeping a running total of how much this has cost me and how many points i have acumulated. (so i can cry, and you can laugh. Also money will be added when i recieve models, not when i purchase them)

For the rules I will be using the Grey Knight codex, more spacificaly the Coteaz henchmen spam build (tho what I put in will be down to whatever I think of that I feel is cool, not a spacific net list).

So, on with the project!! :D

The first warrior to join us is Constantine Marcellus. An Afriel Strain warrior, geneticaly designed to be the best of the best, these men were brilliant soldiers, however they seemed to be plagued by bad luck after missions. The bouts of bad luck has developed a sense of 'gallows humor' in Constantine, his favorate phrase being 'Whats the worst that could happen?)

Our second crew member is, Baldur. A very rough man, often prefering brute force as a method of attack over more indirect means. Found upon a feral world the man is a genius, having learnt Low Gothic in a matter of months. He is also known amongst the crew as a talented gunsmith, having performed some sort of work on most of the crew's weapons. Crew members make sure to pay the man on time for his services as he is not someone you want to get in a mood.

total money spent: £0.00 (these 2 were made from bits i already owned)
total points gathered: 28pts

Thankyou for reading this first post, please leave comments and (CONSTRUCTIVE)critisism. It is all very much appriciated. :D

Last edited by the-ad-man; 03-29-12 at 02:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-25-11, 02:37 AM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

This is looking like a great start, i'm looking forwards to seeing how it developes. Are you plannign on adding a little bit of fluff for every single character? If so bravo, it's nice to see even the grunts getting some limlight now and then.

post #3 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-25-11, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

indeed i am, its another challenge for me, since ive never attepmted something like this before.

also, each model will have their unit type painted on the back half of their base, as well as their name on the bottom.

im also crawling through ebay to find old models i like, as i want to shoehorn some gw history in here :D

post #4 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 09:38 PM
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

I really like the idea and it's looking good so far. I'll be following this.

Rev
post #5 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

thankyou for the kind words and rep, good user :D

i'll have more to upload tomorow
post #6 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-27-11, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

So, as promised. MOAR MODELS!! ;)

We kick off tonight with Major Jarken. As you can guess, once a soldier of the imperial guard, he was a hero of a campain to free a system of the taint of chaos. Upon returning home he found the forces of the Inqusition waiting for him and his regement, fearing the taint of Chaos had followed them back. It is at this time Capt. Rackam presented the Major with the option to defect and essentaly save his regement. Though many years have passed and Jarken is a wanted man, he has never relinquished the title of major, nor his medals, as he feels that abandoning these would be like abaondoning the many men he lost on his last crusade under the service of the Imperium

Here I will write how the Captian met all of these creatures currently on his ship as i dont want to write it a number of times

While resupplying and trading with some members of the T'au water caste a small, oddly shaped ship jumped from the warp and smashed into the one of the hangar bays of the flag ship ofthe Order of the Crimson Dawn. Out from this now wreckage spewed a large family of Jokaro. From here they run ammok, stealing weapons and bits of machinary, to this day that entire hanger belongs to 20 or so Jokearo, much to the irritation of the on board mechanicus members, who to this day have a constant guard over their store rooms, lest these xenos monkeys defile ALL of the machine spirits on the ship. Infact, it is not an uncommon sight to see a techpreist and jokearo having a tug of war over a bolter or other valuable weapon.

Last update of the night now.

#28993 was found while looting an abandoned hive city. It was first spotted slowly walking in circles, sinking ever deeper in to a bog due to one leg being nothing more than a ceremite bar. having been salvaged, and fitted with a multimelta it appears to function very well, considering it's original condition. However one parculiar quirk this bio machine holds is that every diagnostic report it gives contains a very detailed description of "pain" in all the diodes down it's left side.

finaly, a preview of a w.i.p crusader

points ammased: 103 (including the w.i.p crusader)
money spent: £12.50 (various bits from sites and the jokearo)
post #7 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-27-11, 10:36 PM

Dīnadan's Flag is: Wales

That servitor doesn't happen to be called Marvin does he?
post #8 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-27-11, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dīnadan View Post
That servitor doesn't happen to be called Marvin does he?
a winner is you!

he might be, all we know of his past is his serial number
post #9 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-28-11, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Ethil-Ir joined the crew while Jack's grandfather was in command of the fleet, he was found, along with 3 other eldar hauled up in the wreckage of their ship, beseiged on all sides by a green skin horde, they thought it better to join him than to be butchered by the thugish Orks. Now, 80 years later and the 2 eldar left continue to serve the family, often as advisors as well as warriors.

there is actualy alot of gold detailing on the red armour (you cans see bits on the sheild) but it diddnt show in the photos

this has to be one of my favorate models so far

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746
post #10 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-30-11, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

quick update, ive just recieved 3 models in the post, a rogue trader era harlequin, an arbite champion(has an eagle on his noggin) and another model ;)

total points gathered: 306
total spent: £33.22

Ive started to update this project loge again, you should all check it out. it has some stupid things on it, and some fun things on it haha

Order of the Crimson Dawn (Rogue trader pirates, using Coteaz henchmen spam rules)

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=96746

Last edited by the-ad-man; 08-30-11 at 08:13 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode