Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Moriouce's workshop (Orks & Eldar)

66K views 553 replies 61 participants last post by  Moriouce 
#1 ·
Hello and welcome to my corner of the Warhammer 40k universe!

This will be my PLOG where I'll post just about anything I'm working on for Warhammer 40K. My growing warband of greenskins, my enigmatic force of Altansar Eldar, my future force of Crimson Fists, my terrain and much more that will pop up in that indefinite mind of mine. Some of you that find your way in here will have done so through the thread "My first game board" since I'll show the finished result in here.

The reason I do Warhammer is because I like it as a creative hobby, and once in a while like to get into a real resin fight. I do not have the intention to be competetive with my forces and not even competetive with my converting, painting or terrainmaking skills. I just want to have fun and share my work with everybody and hope to be some inspiration for anyone reading this and at the same time get som hints and tips how to reach where I'm going with my projects.

My first project I'll start in here will be my Battlewagon (I just got it from the store). I'll convert it a bit to give it a unique look. (First pic on that one on sunday!)

Other projects that are in progress are my converted Trukk and my Looted wagon, the last which some of you already have seen in "My first game board". I'll post a few pics on them asp.

So, let's go and see what this mind of mine can skratch together.

See less See more
#2 ·
And here is some pics on random projects for starters.

First, a sandbag wall to be.

Second some tank trapps with some junk laying around.

Here is a pic on my Trukk in progress.

And finaly my almost finished Looted Wagon. I just need some more paint and more spikes and other orky fings etched to the hull.

All these will you be able to see me finish here at my workshop. And as I said in my first post, on sunday, maybe earlier, I'll post the first pics on my Battlewagon.

Cheers!

#4 ·
Thanks alot!

Here is the first pics of my Battlewagon. What I have done is that I have taken the sidewall of the turret and made it into a side sponson for the grot turret. Then I have lowered the ceiling to make a gun pit where I have placed the main kannon. I have used the Killkannon just because it looks way times cooler. I've have taken pics from two days just to show some progress.

That's all for this time, stay tuned for more from da Workshop!

#8 ·
Hello y'all!

Time has come for some new updates on my Battlewagon. What is left is realy just some high lightning, markings and the crew. What you're gonna se is a the whole Battlewagon such as it is for the moment along with close-ups on the main kannon, deffrolla and trakks.

I have also worked on my Trukk and my first squad of Altansar Guardians but they'll come in later posts. I want to finish much of my ork force before starting posting my Altansar.

Hope you like what you see and please C&C.

//Moriouce

#9 ·
Finaly ready for a new update on things. I've been working hard both professionaly and hobbyish. Since last time I have given my Battlewagon and Trukk much time and today I have also put down the first layer of paint on my board. A heavy brush of dark brown, I'll check on it later tonight and see if it dry enough to run the first, lighter drybrush. It is just a week left to my little tourny so I'll have it finished and up on the PLOG before that.

But now it is time for both my vehicles, enjoy!

Battlewagon, I hope y'all would help me with a brutal and killy name for it. :)

And my trukk, just a trukk so no name needed. :wink:

Hope you like them and feel free to C&C!

#10 ·
I like your weathering, the paint chipping looks very good!
I would personally brighten up the wheels as yet, as the tracks and generally the lower half of the vehicle is mainly copper, wheels being more silvery/grey might help. Overall very good, although you need to do something with the wire on the truck, at the minute it looks far to bright and out of place, mabye try washing it down?

Hope this helps, have some rep to keep you going!

#12 ·
Then it is time for my first post regarding my game board. I have finaly laid my hands on some paint and I have put down several layers on it. At the moment I am very pleased with how the dirt came out. I am, however, not that pleased with how the alien strawplants looks for the moment I'll work more on those before posting any close-ups. The bridge also needs some more work in order to blend in with the board.

Since this is the first post regarding it in this thread I'll post a few old pics so that you who are new to this project can see the progress for yourselves.

And finaly..

And a pic of my Deff Dread striding across the desert.

As I said, I'll post close-ups on the bridge and plants as soon as I am happy with their apperance. I realy hope you like the look on this, my very first gameboard and remember to comment a lot.

#18 ·
Thank you very much Viscount for the extensive rep!

Now, this passed friday there was a small tournament to give my game board a grand opening. Battles raged back and forth for about 12 strait hours and I've got some pics from that.

There is no need to say it was great fun to see how playable my board was.

Since I've put much time into my warband lately I'll do some work on my Eldars for the time beeing and I'll post the first pics on them as I go along. My first squads to be finished are a squad of Guardians, including Warlock and Scatterlaser, and a squad of Dire Avangers.

For October I have a vision which I just have to embrace. It concerns my Crimson Fists and you'll be able to follow it during october.

#16 ·
Hello everybody!

In about four hours I'll greet Meldon's Smurf's 3d Company and lonnebo's Tyranid swarm to my appartment. Tonight we shall baptize my game board in the fires of war. I have made some final work on it, as you will see, and I have painted up my painboy. I thought it would be a good time to introduce you'all to some of my greenskins so here we go.

We start of with my Nobz along with my Warboss, Bark Squig-Grin and my Painboy.

Here is my Warp'ead, I have tried to model lightning from his finger tips using green stuff. The model is a Orc Shaman from Avatar of War.

Lootaz

An ork standard bearer, I count him as a regular boy but I'll count the standard as beeing the Nobz bosspole.

My warband roaring towards battle!

And now the bridge, plants and the cliffs. Tell me what you think of it all.

Much of my warband is unfinished and nearly all need basing still. I've tried to give the uniqe models more time and the majority of the boyz simply gets knarloc green and the Thraka wash, just to speed things up. I think I'll never see this army finished and every time I look at them I find some new detail I want to highlight or whatever. :)

Again I hope you all enjoy what you seen here and don't forget to leave me a comment or two.

#17 ·
Hello everybody!

In about four hours I'll greet Meldon's Smurf's 3d Company and lonnebo's Tyranid swarm to my appartment. Tonight we shall baptize my game board in the fires of war. I have made some final work on it, as you will see, and I have painted up my painboy. I thought it would be a good time to introduce you'all to some of my greenskins so here we go.

We start of with my Nobz along with my Warboss, Bark Squig-Grin and my Painboy.

Here is my Warp'ead, I have tried to model lightning from his finger tips using green stuff. The model is a Orc Shaman from Avatar of War.

Lootaz

An ork standard bearer, I count him as a regular boy but I'll count the standard as beeing the Nobz bosspole.

My warband roaring towards battle!

And now the bridge, plants and the cliffs. Tell me what you think of it all.

Much of my warband is unfinished and nearly all need basing still. I've tried to give the uniqe models more time and the majority of the boyz simply gets knarloc green and the Thraka wash, just to speed things up. I think I'll never see this army finished and every time I look at them I find some new detail I want to highlight or whatever. :)

Again I hope you all enjoy what you seen here and don't forget to leave me a comment or two.
Looks great! The tentacle mouth plant things are a nice touch. You could do what I do in regards to wanting to highlight, just paint them all and when the force is finished go back and do touch ups. At least then they're all painted!

#19 ·
Time for some update to this plog.

For a change I've decided to upload the first pics on my Altansar Eldar. What I've finished (except of basing) this far is my Squad of guardians and my Dire Avanger Exarch.

Guardians with Scatterlaser

I'll tried to paint the Altansar icon freehand on the guardian standard but i'm far from proud of it. I'll train more on that and have it redone. The standard itself is from the DA box and I have trimmed the squadmarking on top of the pole to show that of the Guardians and not that of the DAs.

Then the DA Exarch I have tried to bring forth some mothion in his pose. I've chosen clothings that are blown in the same direction and I have used the, what do you call it?, crotchcloth?, as a cape. The ribbons tied to his thigh and upper arm is in the Altansar colour, showing which craftworld he is fighting for.

What is next at my workshop is the entire DA squad, 5 Warlocks, the Sand bag wall, the tank trapps and whatever I find to do with my Orks. Then I'll soon begin on my Crimson Fist as well. I've ordered a Razorback, a SM captain from GW and Crimson Fist Icons and Rhino doors and plates from Forge World. I also have something special in mind for my Captain but more on that later.

#24 ·
Thanks regarding both. :) I tried some different schemes on my orks but when my fiance pointed out that Purple and Red/Orange isn't "friendly colours" I thought, Orks dosn't give a crap about "friendly colours", and kept it. :biggrin:

I'm surely to expand it in the future.

I would suggest black wash and then a coat of purple wash. The orks are looking great. Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing more of the eldar being done.
I'll try that one. Thanks very much and I'll post again when my Dire Avangers and a Warlock for my guardians is finished.

#25 · (Edited)
Hello again!

It have spent much time on my work lately so I haven't gotten as far as I though. Though I have gotten the Crimson Fist Bitz from FW I still haven't seen the Captain and Razorback from GW.

In the meantime I have continued on some scenery and my Dire Avangers. I'll post i few pics so you can see my progress. I hope to finish the DAs, Warlock and tank traps before my stuff from GW arrives.

I still need to put down some effort in detailing the DAs and glue their arms, weapons and sholderlights, then it should just be high lightning left. My first ever warlock is coming on fine but also here there are some high lightning left. More GS to get my line to three sandbags high and I'll add a rusty razorwire infront. For the tanktrapps I believe the only thing left is wash up the concrete to make it melt in better. :) I'll post more this weekend and until then, please comment!

#26 ·
Hello everybody and finaly a new update to what I've been doing latley.

It finaly arrived! The captain and his razorback, I've put them both together but I havn't finished the captain because I could not find any SM left arm hold in a 90 degree angle in my bitzbox, Doogh! I have a temporary arm just to show you the Crimson Fist Stormshield I have granted him! It is carved out off one of the FW sidedoors, I know, quite expensive for a stormshield but atleast he now stands out :wink:

Further I have used smaller tankicons to make his armour that more uniqe by gluing them on his lower legs after som alteration to them, they are not finished. I'll make them thinner and then bend them carefully around his legs and kneecaps.

The Razorback is a standard with twin H. bolters, I've used the remaining plates from FW and some from GW to make it a true Crimson Fist Command vehicle. I'm thinking of adding some larger antenna, I have one from lego but I'm not sure it gonna fit. :laugh:

Here is some pics on my first Crimson Fist!

And I have also progressed with my sand bag wall.

Now I hope you all could give me some usefull tips and hints regarding my Captain foremost. Is Regal Blue with highlights of Ultramarine a good Crimson Fist blue? How would you all like to see him painted? Is my Razorback missing anything specific to make it a command vehicle?

All comments are more than welcome! :eek:k:

#27 ·
Hello everybody!

Doesn't anyone have anything at all to say regarding my captain?

Since last time I posted I have tired out som different poses and I've been working more on the knee caps. I have also exchanged his Power Sword for a Lightning Claw since that is re-roll wounds for the same points. This has also made me change hands on the Storm Shield but then again I found a 90% right arm so now hw holds the shield infront of him. I do not have any pics at the moment cause he is on dry-up-duty from his first layer of paint. I have much needed time on wednesday and thursday so then I'll post pics from the whole progress before final high lightning.

#28 ·
I like what you did with the shield, very creative!

i don't much about the color scheme for Crimson fists..i think I've seen blue/red. Ultramarine blue should work just fine. you might want something darker for certain areas but overall would work great.

I want to see the final outcome of this piece though so please make sure to keep the pictures coming!

#30 ·
Progress have been kinda slow lately but I'm still finishing off my Captain. Since I've finished the Rynn's World novel, I thinking of naming my Huron Grimm. Since he so valiantly held Jadeberry Hill and the underpass for the Chapter Master to have access to New Rynn City, I like to believe he was revarded with the command of a company. Anyone know if there is any fluff regarding Huron Grimm and the aftermatch of the Battle of Rynn's World?

Meanwhile I'll give you and old pic of a Mek customized a while back.

Sometime next week I'll post the finished Captain and the Sandbag wall.

Happy Wargaming until then!

#31 ·
Huron Grimm was a captain...he died in the process of defending a gate from a horde of orks, unless I'm mistaken, of course. Maybe Grimm was the Terminator sergeant...?

#33 ·
As I remember it Huron Grimm was a sergeant under Captain Alvarez who died holding a gate. :) But is it correct thinking a sergeant would be rewarded the rank of Captain or would he first be taken up into the 1th Company?

The captain is for sure interesting, almost to many large fist icons though. Love the shield idea though, very creative. i would add some dry brushing to the model to being out more detail and also pick out the little nubs with gold or silver to give it a bit more spark. I think you are also a bit light on your washes. You really need to let it pool in the deeper areas (not to badly) to get it to really shade an area.

+rep for the shield and the plog thus far.
Thanks very much for the +rep and the critisism! I'll follow your suggestions and have some more washes and drybrushing on him. I'll also give him more gold and silver detailing. :)

#32 ·
The captain is for sure interesting, almost to many large fist icons though. Love the shield idea though, very creative. i would add some dry brushing to the model to being out more detail and also pick out the little nubs with gold or silver to give it a bit more spark. I think you are also a bit light on your washes. You really need to let it pool in the deeper areas (not to badly) to get it to really shade an area.

+rep for the shield and the plog thus far.

#34 ·
Hey everyone, sorry it's been a long time.

I have finished my captain and laid the first paint on my Razorback, finished the DA squad and the guardians and finaly finished my sandbag wall. I'll have pics up in a week since I'm going away for a while.

Further I have come up with a funny idea of a new game board. I will call it "the sandbox" since I got inspiration from some kids playing in a sandbox. What I will do is a desert terrain with some large holes and mounds of sand. The main objects on the game board will then be plastic shovels, tractors, trucks and other beach toys. All objects will have a little filler on them and painted like rocks, so they looks like they are eroded into shape. :laugh: I quote the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, "because in an infinitely large Universe such as, for instance, the one in which we live, most things one could possibly imagine, and a lot of things one would rather not, grow somewhere" Still, I do not have any idea when I'll have the time and space for that so I guess somewhere in the far future. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.