Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Moriouce's workshop (Orks & Eldar)

66K views 553 replies 61 participants last post by  Moriouce 
#1 ·
Hello and welcome to my corner of the Warhammer 40k universe!

This will be my PLOG where I'll post just about anything I'm working on for Warhammer 40K. My growing warband of greenskins, my enigmatic force of Altansar Eldar, my future force of Crimson Fists, my terrain and much more that will pop up in that indefinite mind of mine. Some of you that find your way in here will have done so through the thread "My first game board" since I'll show the finished result in here.

The reason I do Warhammer is because I like it as a creative hobby, and once in a while like to get into a real resin fight. I do not have the intention to be competetive with my forces and not even competetive with my converting, painting or terrainmaking skills. I just want to have fun and share my work with everybody and hope to be some inspiration for anyone reading this and at the same time get som hints and tips how to reach where I'm going with my projects.

My first project I'll start in here will be my Battlewagon (I just got it from the store). I'll convert it a bit to give it a unique look. (First pic on that one on sunday!)

Other projects that are in progress are my converted Trukk and my Looted wagon, the last which some of you already have seen in "My first game board". I'll post a few pics on them asp.

So, let's go and see what this mind of mine can skratch together.

See less See more
#423 ·
Da Gorkaforta Part X

I have had a couple of evenings here working on some details on the main chassi. I felt I needed something different from all the rivets on the small turret. I guess I'll have the rest of the year on rivetduty.

Next will be plates and details on the large turret and then a railing around the top of the chassi. Some ventilationdrums, weapons and some crew.

#429 · (Edited)

I have a live podcast at home. My daughter Tyra at age three and she always have a new reflection or perspective on every single matter of life.

Looks good.

Could use some more grots though. Can never get those things off your big killy guns.

Thanks guys!
I have atleast three more Grots to add and I might move one or two from my looted wagons. Big rigs need their riggers. And with some stickbombs they can double as chuckas too.

#428 ·
Looks good.
Could use some more grots though. Can never get those things off your big killy guns.

#430 ·
Man, it sure would help having some sort of 'rivet gun'... waiiiiiiiiiiiit...

The engineering of this gun will now consume me for the rest of the night... will it function like a spud gun? - press into plasticard to cut, then compressed air or mechanical 'firing' mechanism to spit it onto a gluey surface? Hmmmmm....

#431 ·
Man, it sure would help having some sort of 'rivet gun'... waiiiiiiiiiiiit...

The engineering of this gun will now consume me for the rest of the night... will it function like a spud gun? - press into plasticard to cut, then compressed air or mechanical 'firing' mechanism to spit it onto a gluey surface? Hmmmmm....

A kind of a small pointed gluegun with a thicker kind of glue. Some mechanism to apply small drops of glue with each push on the trigger.

#432 · (Edited)

Since Da Gorkaforta is almost finished, just some hundred rivets, railing, more crew, weapons, details and paint. 'Almost' finished. Now I have begun thinking on my next projects. I was looking around the GW range but I couldn't shake tha feeling I wanted to build something more.
Then I found a looted wagon on eBay. The ugliest thing I've seen. Think it like a chrimera glued to the tracks from a landraider with a plain foumboard in between. I bought it. Now why would I buy a fourth looted wagon? Because what I saw when I looked at it was two things. One Gun Wagon and one Kill Blasta!
So more vehicles will be Rolling out from the workshop once Da Gorkaforta is completed!
I need to start looking for more boys to fill them with. I guess some regular boys can hitch with the kill blasta and I believe a squad of Tank Hunters would fit the Gun Wagon.

#434 ·
Yes! Tin-Legs and his meks will be working overtime to churn out killy constructs for da boss. I went through my bitzbox yesterday and I found pieces to scratchbuild a second deff dread. Know how should I arm him?

Twin big shootas or...

...extra klaw and skorcha?

Now I also recieved six new nobz which four has twin-linked Shootas. When they are finished I'll devide my Nobz into two squads, the Ragg'd Scars (melee) and Da deffspittas ("ranged"). Da deffspittas will be 7 Nobz out of 6 will have tl Shootas and one a kombi-skorcha. Da deffspittas will be led by Trak Grimdakka.

He is Bark's second in command even tough he is a bit strange since he carry the leftovers from an old dinner over his shoulders.

#435 ·
Nice! Always important to have the Nobs of a mind grouped together, otherwise some get choppy when the others want more Dakka, and others get Dakka when most just want to chop!

On the Deff Dred, Option two seems sensible... but option one would look so awesome!

#441 ·
yeah, mine worked fine.
maybe we should change them?

maybe yours needed reset?

i love the mix of metals and plastics.

how about a webcam mounted above the workspace
that takes still shots when you press a button on the floor with your toe?
keep it as a time lapse diary.

#442 ·

Da Gorkaforta Part XIV

Well what have been happening since last time? Quite alot to be honest!

The front is all done and primed so that I could reach behind the front wheels before gluing them on.

The sides has both gotten their railings. The pintle-mounted weapons can all swivel and are removeble with their gunners. Only the Grots and Deckofisa will be glued in place after they are painted.

The back has some railing aswell. Back door, some hooks and some extra fuelbarrels almost done.

At the back the exhaustepipes are all done.
What is left build-wise on this epic project is rivets, everything behind the turrets are... unriveted? Is that a Word? But I'll be working on that shortly. That I can start painting it! A simple purple/red scheme as my battlewagons with some additional black/white checks, the rooftiles. Puuh!
Next time I'll do something smaller. Lika a deff dread or an other rokkitbuggy.
C U!

#445 ·
Thanks man! A starterbox with one big model and all the units you can embark on it.

That is a Herculean build dude, looks great.
Thanks!

I have had a fair bit of real life the latest weeks but I hope to have this thing finished buildwise during this weekend. Then I will go on to the next Project which will be a Gun Wagon with Kannon. I thought I needed to do something smaller after Da Gorkaforta. When it is finished aswell I'll do some painting for the rest of the year. Gorkaforta, Gunwagon my dakkanobs and one trukkmob of boyz. Need to get them a trukk aswell. Might be next build if I don't finish my buggy unit or a second deff dread or the Kill Blasta or....

#447 ·
I'm proud to anounce that Da Gorkaforta is finished buildwise. I have also primed it and given it a heavy drybrush of boltgun metal to get the details out. Now I have yet to take some propper pics of it so stay tuned. Meanwhile I have started a new project.

A Gun wagon. Hope you like it!

#450 ·

Fantastic stuff mourice, great [emoji106] to finally see it complete. It looks to me like an old school skull hammer.

Thanks daisy! I've taken much inspiration from the old epic range.

The Gun wagon now only need it's rivets.

A Quick and rather simple build but nice one after Da Gorkaforta.

Size comparison between Da Gorkaforta, the Gun wagon and an ordinary Battlewagon.

Hope you like it all!

#451 ·
I have finished te gunwagon but I'll wait to put a pic up before it is primed and drybrushed.
Meanwhile I have begun on a squad of 16-18 kommandos.

Humies always leave good stuff lying around.
With the number of kommandos I'll be able to field one larger squad or three smaller. If I need heavy weapons I'll lend it from my burnas or comming tankbilarnas.
C U

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.