Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Moriouce's workshop (Orks & Eldar)

66K views 553 replies 61 participants last post by  Moriouce 
#1 ·
Hello and welcome to my corner of the Warhammer 40k universe!

This will be my PLOG where I'll post just about anything I'm working on for Warhammer 40K. My growing warband of greenskins, my enigmatic force of Altansar Eldar, my future force of Crimson Fists, my terrain and much more that will pop up in that indefinite mind of mine. Some of you that find your way in here will have done so through the thread "My first game board" since I'll show the finished result in here.

The reason I do Warhammer is because I like it as a creative hobby, and once in a while like to get into a real resin fight. I do not have the intention to be competetive with my forces and not even competetive with my converting, painting or terrainmaking skills. I just want to have fun and share my work with everybody and hope to be some inspiration for anyone reading this and at the same time get som hints and tips how to reach where I'm going with my projects.

My first project I'll start in here will be my Battlewagon (I just got it from the store). I'll convert it a bit to give it a unique look. (First pic on that one on sunday!)

Other projects that are in progress are my converted Trukk and my Looted wagon, the last which some of you already have seen in "My first game board". I'll post a few pics on them asp.

So, let's go and see what this mind of mine can skratch together.

See less See more
#344 ·
Nice, really like this additions! Particularly liking the imagination that you are showing, it's great to see.

#350 ·
Yeah, I hope I'll do it justice. I'll expand the engine underneath the driver and some spikes and rivets to the front. For the back I'm building sort of a chariot with a pintlemounted rokkitlauncha. Some mudguards for the back wheels aswell.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I love your purple and red colour scheme, it makes a change to see Orks sporting that. Plus the flames on the helmet, nice touch. :good:
Well I decided on a unique and personal scheme long ago. I think the rather bleak purple fits the boys very well since I don't like the shiny colourful armies of Evil Sunz and Bad Moons. I have more inspiration from Snakebites and Deathskulls which I think often has a more 'natural' look to them. Thanks again!

I'll finish my burnas on thursday and then go back to my buggies. As earlier stated I might have a couple of new burnas on their way. Don't yet know if I'll convert them or give them looted SM Flamers or win an auction tomorrow. Cheers!

#354 · (Edited)
Big update from the workshops around Mek-Hill.
For Da Gorkaforta:

Rope ladders. Anyone who recognise them?

All pintle mounted weapons.

Front of a kanon turret.

More work on the ???-kanon.

And this little git has bet with his friends that he will be the first to throw a stickbomb at the enemy once Da Gorkaforta hits home. The skull will be mounted to the front of the vehicle.

Two more burnas.

And a last burna who is still waiting for his weapon. Realy liked to work on this addition. Hope you like it to!

#355 · (Edited)
Then the last burna is assembled.

He got a looted flamer that was recovered from the chassi of a wrecked rhino out in the desert. A pipe to the fulecanisters some new know-wots and stuff and it worked like a charm.

I'll paint these new burnas to the same level as the rest tomorrow and finish the whole batch this weekend. And in between christmas and new year I'll have armyshots of a totaly painted tribe.

#374 ·
My daughters thoughts on a ork passager plane.

She doesn't know how right she is.
I think that requires a good slogan:
"Fly the Orky skies."
"Welcome to the Orkways!"
"The best more-teef class seating around. Enough space for your mega armor. "
(Photo of the most interesting ork alive)
"I don't always waaagh, but when I do I prefer to waaagh on RedOnez waaaghways. Dey go fasta!"

#365 ·
Ork Armyshots!

The whole Waagh!

Kom on 'umies!

Waaagh! Get 'em you lazy grotz! Waaagh!

Took a while but I'm pleased with it. Both my armies are at a great table top standard. 2016 will se some addition to both.
- Orks will get themselves a Battlewagon, a trukk, 12 boys, mek guns and the three buggies.
- Eldar will be reinforced by some wraith constructs (both guard/blades) and striking scorpions. And something more surely.

Welcome 2016!

#368 ·
I agree that larger shot of the army is great, they all look great. I particularly like the bright purple color on some of those boys, really pops nicely. Great work as always.

Orks do great as armyshot. Thank you both very much!

Now first out 2016.

The mek guns!

#370 ·
Because of an exam later this month I'm working hard to finish my mek guns.

Here they are in their current state. Basing and highlightning to do and the ammo markers.
When the exam is finished I'll have these lazy Grots for february's APC.

I have 15 grots, now must I have two runtherders or is one enough? Planing to convert the old Weirdboy into a second Runtherder if it the former.

#379 · (Edited)
Da Gorkaforta Part I

Today I have begun with the two kanonturrets for my super-heavy vehicle.

In the end Da Gorkaforta will be a Skullhamma Battlefortress inspired by the epic version with side turrets and one larger skullhamma-turret in the middle. Some huge exhaustepipes in the back and a large parapet for the orks to ride along on. I've no plans or drawings on my vision but I look at older art from rulebooks all the way back to 93. And since I don't have the apoc rule book I have no real idea what the Skullhamma is rulewise in the current setting. Might end up writing my own data sheet for it.
I'm happy that it's underway, finaly!

#380 ·
Da Gorkaforta Part II

A new day and a new session with the Gorkaforta. Today I have done the outlines on the baseplate from where the Gorkaforta will take form.

Here is the outlines along with the relative position of various components. The Battlewagon is for size comparison.

And here is the base plate cut out. In front of the towers it will have some huge wheels and behind a set of large threads. All in all it will span 27cm in lenght and 15cm wide. I have no idea how tall it will be. The battlewagon is 17x9cm.
What do you think? Hope to have some feedback from all of you! Meks, crypteks, bonesingers and tech-priests alike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.