Moriouce's workshop (Orks & Eldar) - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 554 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 01:23 PM

Minizke1's Flag is: USA

Huron Grimm was a captain...he died in the process of defending a gate from a horde of orks, unless I'm mistaken, of course. Maybe Grimm was the Terminator sergeant...?

Win/loss record for The Fists of Vengeance- 20 - 1 - 8.
Hive Fleet Kraken- 7 - 2
The Unnamed Clan- 0 - 0 - 0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 554 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 11:29 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

The captain is for sure interesting, almost to many large fist icons though. Love the shield idea though, very creative. i would add some dry brushing to the model to being out more detail and also pick out the little nubs with gold or silver to give it a bit more spark. I think you are also a bit light on your washes. You really need to let it pool in the deeper areas (not to badly) to get it to really shade an area.

+rep for the shield and the plog thus far.
post #33 of 554 (permalink) Old 10-24-11, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minizke1 View Post
Huron Grimm was a captain...he died in the process of defending a gate from a horde of orks, unless I'm mistaken, of course. Maybe Grimm was the Terminator sergeant...?
As I remember it Huron Grimm was a sergeant under Captain Alvarez who died holding a gate. But is it correct thinking a sergeant would be rewarded the rank of Captain or would he first be taken up into the 1th Company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
The captain is for sure interesting, almost to many large fist icons though. Love the shield idea though, very creative. i would add some dry brushing to the model to being out more detail and also pick out the little nubs with gold or silver to give it a bit more spark. I think you are also a bit light on your washes. You really need to let it pool in the deeper areas (not to badly) to get it to really shade an area.

+rep for the shield and the plog thus far.
Thanks very much for the +rep and the critisism! I'll follow your suggestions and have some more washes and drybrushing on him. I'll also give him more gold and silver detailing.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #34 of 554 (permalink) Old 11-13-11, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Hey everyone, sorry it's been a long time.

I have finished my captain and laid the first paint on my Razorback, finished the DA squad and the guardians and finaly finished my sandbag wall. I'll have pics up in a week since I'm going away for a while.

Further I have come up with a funny idea of a new game board. I will call it "the sandbox" since I got inspiration from some kids playing in a sandbox. What I will do is a desert terrain with some large holes and mounds of sand. The main objects on the game board will then be plastic shovels, tractors, trucks and other beach toys. All objects will have a little filler on them and painted like rocks, so they looks like they are eroded into shape. I quote the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, "because in an infinitely large Universe such as, for instance, the one in which we live, most things one could possibly imagine, and a lot of things one would rather not, grow somewhere" Still, I do not have any idea when I'll have the time and space for that so I guess somewhere in the far future.

Good to be green

post #35 of 554 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 12:51 AM

Meldon's Flag is: Sweden

I haven´t been on heresy for a while, but it´s nice to se that you have done some great progress, Looking forward to our next fight

There are no friends in the real world, just less hostile enemies
post #36 of 554 (permalink) Old 11-14-11, 02:34 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Gimmie pictures!
post #37 of 554 (permalink) Old 11-30-11, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

I've tried a very short novel ;) Tell me what you think.

Something was terribly wrong. It was impossible for Modh to know but somehow he knew, the captain was dead. If true, so where the sternguards that went with him as they left all those hours ago.
Behind Modh, the dark stones of the Shrine of the Champion stood tall and silent as if waiting their final hour. In front of him, a deep darkness consumed everything there was to see. It would have been pitch black if not for his occulobe but even it could not pierce the dark veil very much. The com-link gave away a weak buzz and then fell silent again.
There had been just about thirty hours since the hellish necrons struck. Without warning and without mercy they slaughtered everyone in their path. Their comm-shroud spread unseen and soon silenced every way of communication.
Charged with the attendance of a rite at the planets astartes shrine, Modh and his squad were out of the main path of the Necron onslaught. The captain had soon realised what was happening and had left with a handfull of sternguards to bring help from the main mining colony, just a few miles away. They should have been back hours ago.
Just as Modh let his head drop for just a second he thought he saw something in the darkness. There were no time to think before the first gauss blast tore the veil of darkness and the deep silence into oblivion.
- To your feet Brothers! Modh heard the sergeant call at the very top of his lungs. We can’t let these soulless abominations spoil these holy grounds. For the Champion, for the Emperor!

from “The awakening of Stina VI”

Good to be green

post #38 of 554 (permalink) Old 11-30-11, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

And here is more pics of my recent progress.

The Captain, "finished"

Razorback, not finished

Guardians, finished. Not happy with the high-lights though.

Dire Avanger, finished

Sand bag wall, finished

My very first attempt at terrain, a water tower, not finished.

My next shipment from GW will include a Farseer and six Jetbikes. I have also wished a Wave Serpent from my fiance for christmas

Good to be green

post #39 of 554 (permalink) Old 12-08-11, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

I'm on my Orks again!
This time I'm on my boyz, 28 boy have had their skins made this evening. I have experimented with three different skin tones. Dark green, light green and olive green. Thought it gonna add some more flavour to my waaagh!

Meanwhile I have been influenced by Vash's Bowel Burnas and think I'll go for some of my own. Since I'm not as handy on scratchbuilding as da viscount, I'm thinking of buying and converting the FW Elysian Tauros Assult Vehicle.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamme...T_VEHICLE.html

New pics soon up!

Good to be green

post #40 of 554 (permalink) Old 01-19-12, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldon View Post
I haven´t been on heresy for a while, but it´s nice to se that you have done some great progress, Looking forward to our next fight
And so do I old friend! Now since we live in the same town I guess it won't be far off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
Gimmie pictures!
I here you djinn24.

Since my last post I have moved from Linköping to Borås and finaly the new apartment is starting to take shape. Most important, we now have a spare room which we have made into a hobby/guest room or guest/hobby room, depends on who you ask.

I have now started to get my orks up to 1500 points and I found I could shuffle some points and make room for another Trukk. I have since scavaged my bitz box and this is the result so far.

Some more totems, exhaustpipe and a big shoota is realy the only thing left before painting can begin. Further I have 20 shoota boys and 4 lootas I bought off Ebay, all painted upp realy nice. Not in my klan's colour but I guess they're from another tribe that just begged on their green knees to join my waaagh!!

With this batch added to my waagh! I'll have 1500 points. For march I plan a large shipment to bring my Eldar force up to 1000 points. And that is it for the spring since I'll be having much more on my mind beside warhammer until summer. Hope y'all like my new trukk and hope you drop by now and then and watch my progress during 2012.

Good to be green

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
altansar , converting , eldar , space ork

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode