Moriouce's workshop (Orks & Eldar) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-10-11, 03:29 PM

Meldon's Flag is: Sweden

Since it´s a "killy" battlewagon I would name it "Killa!"

There are no friends in the real world, just less hostile enemies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-12-11, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Then it is time for my first post regarding my game board. I have finaly laid my hands on some paint and I have put down several layers on it. At the moment I am very pleased with how the dirt came out. I am, however, not that pleased with how the alien strawplants looks for the moment I'll work more on those before posting any close-ups. The bridge also needs some more work in order to blend in with the board.

Since this is the first post regarding it in this thread I'll post a few old pics so that you who are new to this project can see the progress for yourselves.

And finaly..

And a pic of my Deff Dread striding across the desert.

As I said, I'll post close-ups on the bridge and plants as soon as I am happy with their apperance. I realy hope you like the look on this, my very first gameboard and remember to comment a lot.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #13 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-12-11, 09:57 PM

It looks really good, although a bit one-coloured, some grey on the cliffs maybe..??

post #14 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-13-11, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldon View Post
It looks really good, although a bit one-coloured, some grey on the cliffs maybe..??
Well, by my experience, deserts are quite one-coloured. ;) But I know what you meen. I'll be thinking of ways to bring forth some contraste.

Good to be green

post #15 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-13-11, 06:29 PM
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

Luvvin the Raider Wagon and the Trukk in particular, but it's all very cool indeedy.
Quality paint too.

Reppage inbound..
....Thread subscribed.
post #16 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Hello everybody!

In about four hours I'll greet Meldon's Smurf's 3d Company and lonnebo's Tyranid swarm to my appartment. Tonight we shall baptize my game board in the fires of war. I have made some final work on it, as you will see, and I have painted up my painboy. I thought it would be a good time to introduce you'all to some of my greenskins so here we go.

We start of with my Nobz along with my Warboss, Bark Squig-Grin and my Painboy.

Here is my Warp'ead, I have tried to model lightning from his finger tips using green stuff. The model is a Orc Shaman from Avatar of War.

Lootaz

An ork standard bearer, I count him as a regular boy but I'll count the standard as beeing the Nobz bosspole.

My warband roaring towards battle!

And now the bridge, plants and the cliffs. Tell me what you think of it all.

Much of my warband is unfinished and nearly all need basing still. I've tried to give the uniqe models more time and the majority of the boyz simply gets knarloc green and the Thraka wash, just to speed things up. I think I'll never see this army finished and every time I look at them I find some new detail I want to highlight or whatever.

Again I hope you all enjoy what you seen here and don't forget to leave me a comment or two.

Good to be green

post #17 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 12:50 PM
Señor Member
Carna's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriouce View Post
Hello everybody!

In about four hours I'll greet Meldon's Smurf's 3d Company and lonnebo's Tyranid swarm to my appartment. Tonight we shall baptize my game board in the fires of war. I have made some final work on it, as you will see, and I have painted up my painboy. I thought it would be a good time to introduce you'all to some of my greenskins so here we go.

We start of with my Nobz along with my Warboss, Bark Squig-Grin and my Painboy.

Here is my Warp'ead, I have tried to model lightning from his finger tips using green stuff. The model is a Orc Shaman from Avatar of War.

Lootaz

An ork standard bearer, I count him as a regular boy but I'll count the standard as beeing the Nobz bosspole.

My warband roaring towards battle!

And now the bridge, plants and the cliffs. Tell me what you think of it all.

Much of my warband is unfinished and nearly all need basing still. I've tried to give the uniqe models more time and the majority of the boyz simply gets knarloc green and the Thraka wash, just to speed things up. I think I'll never see this army finished and every time I look at them I find some new detail I want to highlight or whatever.

Again I hope you all enjoy what you seen here and don't forget to leave me a comment or two.
Looks great! The tentacle mouth plant things are a nice touch. You could do what I do in regards to wanting to highlight, just paint them all and when the force is finished go back and do touch ups. At least then they're all painted!

"Wulfe gestured around at the strange metal buildings. He didn't like the angles, the proportions, the lines. They didn't look like any Imperial buildings he had ever seen, and that made them wrong."
post #18 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-18-11, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscount Vash View Post
Luvvin the Raider Wagon and the Trukk in particular, but it's all very cool indeedy.
Quality paint too.

Reppage inbound..
....Thread subscribed.
Thank you very much Viscount for the extensive rep!

Now, this passed friday there was a small tournament to give my game board a grand opening. Battles raged back and forth for about 12 strait hours and I've got some pics from that.

There is no need to say it was great fun to see how playable my board was.

Since I've put much time into my warband lately I'll do some work on my Eldars for the time beeing and I'll post the first pics on them as I go along. My first squads to be finished are a squad of Guardians, including Warlock and Scatterlaser, and a squad of Dire Avangers.

For October I have a vision which I just have to embrace. It concerns my Crimson Fists and you'll be able to follow it during october.

Good to be green

post #19 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-21-11, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Time for some update to this plog.

For a change I've decided to upload the first pics on my Altansar Eldar. What I've finished (except of basing) this far is my Squad of guardians and my Dire Avanger Exarch.

Guardians with Scatterlaser

I'll tried to paint the Altansar icon freehand on the guardian standard but i'm far from proud of it. I'll train more on that and have it redone. The standard itself is from the DA box and I have trimmed the squadmarking on top of the pole to show that of the Guardians and not that of the DAs.

Then the DA Exarch I have tried to bring forth some mothion in his pose. I've chosen clothings that are blown in the same direction and I have used the, what do you call it?, crotchcloth?, as a cape. The ribbons tied to his thigh and upper arm is in the Altansar colour, showing which craftworld he is fighting for.

What is next at my workshop is the entire DA squad, 5 Warlocks, the Sand bag wall, the tank trapps and whatever I find to do with my Orks. Then I'll soon begin on my Crimson Fist as well. I've ordered a Razorback, a SM captain from GW and Crimson Fist Icons and Rhino doors and plates from Forge World. I also have something special in mind for my Captain but more on that later.

Good to be green

post #20 of 554 (permalink) Old 09-21-11, 08:30 PM

You could use a wash on those guardians, will make the details come out a bit more, other than that your doing good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
altansar , converting , eldar , space ork

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode