Waaaaagh! Smashgrug - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-11, 06:12 PM
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

Oi Edmund you git! Wher iz da Goffs?

That said I would agree with Da Freebooterz though, you can do what ever you like with them.

CGoM, there are a few things that will help make you stuff look a little snazzer.

The classic 'Drill the Barrels out'.
This makes a big difference to the look of the all the weapons.(It will also get mentioned any time you post some pictures. )
If you don't have a pin vice drill, paint black to hint at a muzzle.

Seams/Mold lines.
Using washes makes this even more important than normal as the ink will pick out any you don't scrape off with a knife.

The last thing is give the base edges another coat of paint, the black is showing through a bit.

You have a nice army, coming together in this thread and I love the 'rank' based warpaint idea.

The rhino could do with being more orky, but I understand the urge to try and use it for both your SMs and Orks and save some cash.

Magnetized orky Armour plates would be the solution for you but as you have already painted it up I will throw out an idea that may be of use.

Blu-Tack.

You can just paint up a few random ork fixins plates made from plastic sheet (Try margarine or Ice Cream tub lids for a cheap source) and Blu-Tack them on when you are using it for the Orks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Chris Guard of Mardat's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Emund View Post
I am starting to get a tingling sensation in my loins.... I DO luv da Orks!
The looted Rhino. Bane of Kings said that it needs to be 'orkified'. I agree. Lose the Imperial stuff, including Bolters and slam on all sorts of bits of armour and Ork stuff. You can really go to town and over the top!

What clan are your Orks from? You are painting the faces different colours which is fine, but remember that da Evil Sunz like da red, cos it makes their trukks go faster.
da Death Skulls (my boyz) like blue, cos its lucky.
da Snake Bites are just savage gits so dey paint anyfing.
da Bad Moon clan like yellow cos dey is show off's! and da Blood Axes is just sneaky gits and like cammo paint, which is jus plain weird!

I think Freebooterz wear whatever they like.
Have you considered a clan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscount Vash View Post
Oi Edmund you git! Wher iz da Goffs?
That said I would agree with Da Freebooterz though, you can do what ever you like with them.
CGoM, there are a few things that will help make you stuff look a little snazzer.
The classic 'Drill the Barrels out'.
This makes a big difference to the look of the all the weapons.(It will also get mentioned any time you post some pictures. )
If you don't have a pin vice drill, paint black to hint at a muzzle.
Seams/Mold lines.
Using washes makes this even more important than normal as the ink will pick out any you don't scrape off with a knife.
The last thing is give the base edges another coat of paint, the black is showing through a bit.
You have a nice army, coming together in this thread and I love the 'rank' based warpaint idea.
The rhino could do with being more orky, but I understand the urge to try and use it for both your SMs and Orks and save some cash.
Magnetized orky Armour plates would be the solution for you but as you have already painted it up I will throw out an idea that may be of use.
Blu-Tack.
You can just paint up a few random ork fixins plates made from plastic sheet (Try margarine or Ice Cream tub lids for a cheap source) and Blu-Tack them on when you are using it for the Orks.
Thank you both for your C&C. I hadn't really thought about a clan before, because I started my Ork army before I bought the Codex (AoBR), I think I'm going to choose Freebooterz for my clan.

Mould lines will be removed from any models that are unpainted (this includes the Killa Kans I bought yesterday), however, the Orks from AoBR are already painted, so I will go back and remove their mould lines when I've finished painting everything else in my army (and repainted their skin), as I don't like playing with unpainted armies.

I will also drill out the gun muzzles out of my Orks that are unpainted when I start painting, but will drill out the muzzles of the painted Orks when everything unpainted is painted, for the same reason as above. Bases will also be painted up around the rims when I do the muzzles.

Gonna have to raid someone's blue tack supply for my Wagons, I normally use the card from the boxes for Ork-ifying vehicles, so will blue tack that on the side after the card is painted.

Thanks again, Chris

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode