Commission: Lord Hector and retinue - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 114 (permalink) Old 08-31-11, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
arumichic's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
health issues are never good, you didnt get knocked up did you? j/k (I know 6 women who were knocked up recently, so I had to say it) but its coming along nicely aru.
No I didn't. Have neck and back pain mainly and I had to deal with a numb arm this week from a random bug bite or allergic reaction. It was really weird. And thanks!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
Looking good. Though one side of the cloak has a smoother transition then the other.
For some reason, I cannot find which side that is. It looks fine to me, but I've been staring at this model for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple_of_Ezekiel View Post
Looking good Arumi! Keep plucking away at him. As for health issues, I wish you the best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
I second this. Looking good girl.
Thanks guys!~ I'm going to be working on him again later tonight after cooking. I'll have more work done and show it later tonight.

Looking for work....

Current project(s) with plog(s): None ATM
Upcoming project(s): Plague Hulk

Recently finished project(s): Warboss 2, Lord Hector Rex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 114 (permalink) Old 08-31-11, 10:52 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

As you are facing it, the left, could be the light causing the tranisition to look rougher then it really does.
post #103 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-01-11, 09:28 AM

speedfreek's Flag is: Sweden

Really nice blendings on the clothing!
And I like that you show so many pictures.

post #104 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-02-11, 08:43 AM
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Coming together nicely, arumichic! I don't have much to add on Inquisitor Hex at the moment. I think the cloak looks good and the blending is well executed on the cloak - it will be interesting to see how the miniature comes together when the armour is done and you start to paint the details.

I was thinking about the servitors, specifically the one covered in purity seals and "paperwork". The texts and iconography is nicely done (something I usually don't have patience for). But the paper/parchment itself isn't that convincing for me. It looks a tad to yellow for my taste, may I ask which combination of colours/washes you use on it? It's all personal preference in the end but I'm still curious.
post #105 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-23-11, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Back in "Sexay"!!!~

So after a two week hiatus from having to do a sudden move to Mesquite, Nv from Tx and then working for a week in California, I FINALLY got internet today. Albeit it's a bit slow, but at least it works, right? I'll slowly be making my way back onto Heresy at some point and be painting a lot more since I'll have time and the energy to do it to. And the money to get more paints! I'm starting to run low!!!

Because of the sudden move, I have not been able to finish Hector, but he will still get done in the next two weeks or so as I start painting and start settling down some more. I did bring my paints and brushes unlike someone I know. *cough*djinn*cough* So look forward to more painting soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Really nice blendings on the clothing!
And I like that you show so many pictures.
Thank you! I try to do the best that I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobiotic View Post
Coming together nicely, arumichic! I don't have much to add on Inquisitor Hex at the moment. I think the cloak looks good and the blending is well executed on the cloak - it will be interesting to see how the miniature comes together when the armour is done and you start to paint the details.

I was thinking about the servitors, specifically the one covered in purity seals and "paperwork". The texts and iconography is nicely done (something I usually don't have patience for). But the paper/parchment itself isn't that convincing for me. It looks a tad to yellow for my taste, may I ask which combination of colours/washes you use on it? It's all personal preference in the end but I'm still curious.
Thanks xeno. I'm still working on Rex since life got crazy and all.
The servitor's text stuffs is done with a micron pen. It helps so much. The parchment I actually kind of like, though for one of them, it did come out a little bit too dark and like Djinn's said (I think), looks more like vellum than parchment which isn't too bad. I did it with bleached blone (or vallejo equivalent of it) then washed it with sepia and then I think a second light coating of sepia and then badab black. How would you go about it?

Looking for work....

post #106 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-23-11, 06:47 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Welcome back!

Now that pleasantries are over..... I DEMAND PICTURES

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #107 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-24-11, 02:07 AM

DocB's Flag is: USA

oming together very nice. keep up the good work.
post #108 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-24-11, 09:21 AM
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by arumichic View Post
SThanks xeno. I'm still working on Rex since life got crazy and all.
The servitor's text stuffs is done with a micron pen. It helps so much. The parchment I actually kind of like, though for one of them, it did come out a little bit too dark and like Djinn's said (I think), looks more like vellum than parchment which isn't too bad. I did it with bleached blone (or vallejo equivalent of it) then washed it with sepia and then I think a second light coating of sepia and then badab black. How would you go about it?
I usually do parchments:
Denheb Stone
Devlan Mud Wash
Kommand Kakhi highlight (saving Bleached Bone for actual bone details, hehe)

If you feel like experimenting you could try to do:
Bleached Bone
Gryphonne Sepia
Devlan Mud

I find a lot of people put far to much trust into Badab Black. It's a nice wash but it carries a lot of issues with it for me when it comes to some colours and I think a lot of people tend to get locked in on one or two washes when they are all useful in their own way (specially the brown ones Gryphonne Sepia/Ogryn Flesh/Devland Mud).
post #109 of 114 (permalink) Old 09-26-11, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Back in "Sexay"!!!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
Welcome back!
Now that pleasantries are over..... I DEMAND PICTURES
Hahaha! I don't have pictures though and I haven't done much with him. I'm planning on starting him up again this week and try to have him done by the end of this week if not the first half of next week. So there'll be more soon I promise. I need to find a good way of storing and pulling out paints easily now though since there's a kitty in the house that apparently loves to chew on wires and investigate AFTER we've gone to bed. It's a scaredy cat ninja kitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
Coming together very nice. keep up the good work.
Thank you DocB. Hope to see you around more on Heresy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobiotic View Post
I usually do parchments:
Denheb Stone
Devlan Mud Wash
Kommand Kakhi highlight (saving Bleached Bone for actual bone details, hehe)

If you feel like experimenting you could try to do:
Bleached Bone
Gryphonne Sepia
Devlan Mud

I find a lot of people put far to much trust into Badab Black. It's a nice wash but it carries a lot of issues with it for me when it comes to some colours and I think a lot of people tend to get locked in on one or two washes when they are all useful in their own way (specially the brown ones Gryphonne Sepia/Ogryn Flesh/Devland Mud).
Hmm...interesting way to go about it. I don't like Devlan Mud too much mainly because it leaves a grainy texture. Other than that though, I do know that different washes are useful in their own way. I'll try experimenting with it though. Thanks for the tips.

On a different note, as I'll be painting more often and need more money, do ppl think it would be okay for me to open up a commission type thing? As in my painting style and lvl. I know that it can improve and it will over more projects and such. I've been doing commissions for buddies for now and since we moved, that will be coming in to me and Drannith a bit less than it has been. Also since I'm close to Las Vegas, I was wondering if that would be a good customer base. Just let me know if I shouldn't.
Anywho, the next time I should be posting, I should be posting pictures of at least a half finished Rex.

Looking for work....

post #110 of 114 (permalink) Old 10-02-11, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Back in "Sexay"!!!~

So I can't find my camera first of all. I know that I brought it, but not too sure. Another thing is that I don't have any lighting source whatsoever to take pictures, so my phone wouldn't do. The first layering of the gold is done, so as soon as I make a trip to the dollar store and get a desk lamp at the very least, there won't be pictures, but Rex will be done soon. Another like 2-3 layers of different golds will be done and if I'm not mistaken, he will be done! See you all soon!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode