I have decided to return to painting and modeling. The gaming community around here for Warhammer is next to non-existent and the people that do play, make social awkwardness an art form, or are just so completely rude that I have no desire to play and more desire to turn loose a melta gun upon their cars.
Right, more to the point...
As I said, I have decided to return to modeling, I would like to actually play a game...as I have yet to ever get involved with a 40k game in the 3-4 years that I have been involved with the hobby. That being the case, I wanted to create a few small forces, mostly small heavily lore based forces, no more than 500 points or a dozen or so models.
Here is what to expect from this project log:
1. Dark Angels Ravenwing force
- Master of the Ravenwing on Jetbike
- Support Squadron
(1 Landspeeder Typhoon, 1 Landspeeder with assault cannon, 3 Standard Landspeeders)
- Attack Squadron
(1 attack bike, 5 bikers, 1 biker sergeant, 1 Standard Landspeeder)
2. Grey Knights Force
- Stormraven Gunship (looking around for some bitz so that the pilot can be a sharp looking Grey Knight himself...instead of an inferior tech marine!)
- Grey Knights Terminator squad (On Order)
(Outfitted as Paladins)
- Brother Captain Stern (On order)
3. Gaunt's Ghosts set (On order)
4. Leman Russ Tank Squadron
5. I was deployed to Iraq for 3 years (incidentally...where I began getting involved with the hobby), I wanted to create a something based off a 3 vehicle combat patrol...but I also wanted to have alittle fun with it and try something new. So, I will be making a 3 vehicle combat patrol...but with Orks!. Da Boyz are gonna be kitted out with 3 Trukks, each distinct in their own way, but with a similar color scheme. I hope to use a desert camo pattern for their clothes. I am very excited for this project in particular! I might even include a battlewagon as a command vehicle! (2 Trukks on order now)
I will be posting some pictures later today, so stay tuned! It's good to be back, I missed the hobby!