A return to the hobby - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

pchandler43's Flag is: USA

Default A return to the hobby

I have decided to return to painting and modeling. The gaming community around here for Warhammer is next to non-existent and the people that do play, make social awkwardness an art form, or are just so completely rude that I have no desire to play and more desire to turn loose a melta gun upon their cars.

Right, more to the point...

As I said, I have decided to return to modeling, I would like to actually play a game...as I have yet to ever get involved with a 40k game in the 3-4 years that I have been involved with the hobby. That being the case, I wanted to create a few small forces, mostly small heavily lore based forces, no more than 500 points or a dozen or so models.

Here is what to expect from this project log:

1. Dark Angels Ravenwing force
- Master of the Ravenwing on Jetbike
- Support Squadron
(1 Landspeeder Typhoon, 1 Landspeeder with assault cannon, 3 Standard Landspeeders)
- Attack Squadron
(1 attack bike, 5 bikers, 1 biker sergeant, 1 Standard Landspeeder)

2. Grey Knights Force
- Stormraven Gunship (looking around for some bitz so that the pilot can be a sharp looking Grey Knight himself...instead of an inferior tech marine!)
- Grey Knights Terminator squad (On Order)
(Outfitted as Paladins)
- Brother Captain Stern (On order)

3. Gaunt's Ghosts set (On order)

4. Leman Russ Tank Squadron

5. I was deployed to Iraq for 3 years (incidentally...where I began getting involved with the hobby), I wanted to create a something based off a 3 vehicle combat patrol...but I also wanted to have alittle fun with it and try something new. So, I will be making a 3 vehicle combat patrol...but with Orks!. Da Boyz are gonna be kitted out with 3 Trukks, each distinct in their own way, but with a similar color scheme. I hope to use a desert camo pattern for their clothes. I am very excited for this project in particular! I might even include a battlewagon as a command vehicle! (2 Trukks on order now)

I will be posting some pictures later today, so stay tuned! It's good to be back, I missed the hobby!

"From the darkness we strike: fast and lethal, and by the time our foes can react... darkness there and nothing more."
— Raven Guard saying

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 11:46 AM

welcome back, that seems like hell of a long list but you dont wanna do it fast anyway, probably

good luck painting! (I suppose you'll work off the list from top to bottom?)

failing to plan is planning to fail

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 03:04 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Welcome back.

Finding the bits for the stormraven pilot should not be hard. GW was smart enough to incluse 6 pairs of shoulderpads in every GKPA box, along with 6 front torsos (and 5 back torsos). So finding a GK player that has a front torso, a helmet and some shoulders to spare, shouldn't really be that hard. I did the same thing on my stormraven pilot. :-)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 06:09 PM
moo

moo's Flag is: United Kingdom

Great to see you back dude, some very interesting ideas and quite impressive projects. I hope to see some great stuff from your return ! :D will be keeping an eye on it all.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 06:39 PM

Brother Emund's Flag is: United Kingdom

Keep dem Ork trukks off dem tracks and roads... dem IED's can be nasty!

Welcome back

"Death occurs when a lethal projectile comes together in time and space with a suitable target, in the absence of appropriate armour or protection”

Check out my 40K 'Epic' about the Hunted verses the Inquisition: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...98#post2184698

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

I'll peruse the forum and see what I can come up with. I might just get some bitz off of ebay.

In any case, I am currently working on the Ravenwing, but I expect to take a break from that to play around with the Orkz as all things un-Imperial are unfamiliar ground for me and I am excited to break into new territories and see what I can do with the fully customizable Orkz

"From the darkness we strike: fast and lethal, and by the time our foes can react... darkness there and nothing more."
— Raven Guard saying

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-21-11, 06:45 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

sounds like fun welcome home

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-11, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

The Grey Knights Terminators, Brother-Captain Stern, and Gaunt's Ghosts arrived earlier today. So I am going to go ahead and make an agenda of things to do so I can keep track and keep myself motivated.

So, for tomorrow, expect to see the following:

1. WIP pictures of Landspeeder Typhoon and Ravenwing bike sergeant.
2. Grey Knights Paladin squad assembled and at the very least base coated, at most I will have 1 or two completed. I want these to look very nice though so I will be taking my time with them.

See you all tomorrow!

— Raven Guard saying

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode