The Art of Necromancy! Reaperís Mantic Undead - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-26-11, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

Nalgar watched as his undead horde advanced towards the Elven line. Many of his minions fell to the points of the Elves arrows, but they rose again as soon as they fell. He smiled as Arínathís wraiths glided towards the Elf line, their spirit bodies immune to bolt and spear. The Liche gave a throaty laugh as the western glank of the elf line buckled under the weight of the wraith assault. As the elves adjusted their line to meet the threat, Caloth led his revenant cavalry from the tree line into the heart of the Elves eastern flank. Caught between lance and spirit, the Elves were defenceless against the main body of the force as it arrived. The ghouls struck first, biting, hacking, clawing, limbs falling wherever they went. The zombies arrived next, feasting on the injured and pushing further into the Elf line.
When the skeleton horde reached them, the elves were broken. In retreat or dead, they were defeated.

ĎRaís,í the Liche spoke, Ďregroup the troops, we press on. The day is young and there is much blood to be spilled.í

________

Update time folks. The undead box still hasnít arrived, turns out its out of stock so wonít arrive until the end of next week at the earliest

I have managed to get some more painting done though. I painted another Necromancer, Arínath the wraith master.

His staff top is green because that will be the colour of my wraiths. And green is Arínathís magical signature. You canít see it in the picture, but he has green eyes also.

I think by this point Iíve got painting the red and blue down to a T and should be able to knock the main force out quite quickly.

As always, comments, suggestions and criticisms are always welcome!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-27-11, 03:24 AM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Very cool Reap! Love the cloak!

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #23 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-27-11, 03:50 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Good looking stuff, I think the Mantic undead line is their best. Looking forward to seeing more of these done!

post #24 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-29-11, 02:11 PM

LordOfAbsolution's Flag is: United Kingdom

HAASAR! Reaper you pushed me into getting some, I was able to get 60 of the Shamblers for £22.50 from Firestorm games, that is a fanastic value for how good these models are, hopefully they'll get here within the next week (I've also ordered all the paints I need, based on that tutorial)
I've already repped you for this you I thank you for inspiration on getting these ^_^

"By the Grace of the Emperor we live, By his will he shatter the Horrors of the Warp, with our blades we will cleanse the galaxy!" - Lord Commander Dominicus of the Saints of Absolution.

"The Emperor is the god of all Mankind, and we, are his lightning bolts that strike down his enemies" - from the book of Absolution
post #25 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-29-11, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Icarus Miniatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
Very cool Reap! Love the cloak!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
Good looking stuff, I think the Mantic undead line is their best. Looking forward to seeing more of these done!
Cheers guys, one way or another, I should at least have some skeletons by saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfAbsolution View Post
HAASAR! Reaper you pushed me into getting some, I was able to get 60 of the Shamblers for £22.50 from Firestorm games, that is a fanastic value for how good these models are, hopefully they'll get here within the next week (I've also ordered all the paints I need, based on that tutorial)
I've already repped you for this you I thank you for inspiration on getting these ^_^
Wow, 22.50 is a great price. I shall definatley be using firestorm when I return to Cardiff. The zombies really are amazingly detailed models. I'm really looking forward to having hundreds of the painted. (planning on two hordes straight off the bat!)

post #26 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-29-11, 04:42 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

Nice work... + rep

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne
post #27 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-01-11, 01:55 PM

LordOfAbsolution's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hey reaper the first half of my zeds came today, was damn fast delivery and they came from your neck of the woods (Cardiff) and I have to say the models are as I dreamed, I'll post up my own topic once I start painting them.

"By the Grace of the Emperor we live, By his will he shatter the Horrors of the Warp, with our blades we will cleanse the galaxy!" - Lord Commander Dominicus of the Saints of Absolution.

"The Emperor is the god of all Mankind, and we, are his lightning bolts that strike down his enemies" - from the book of Absolution
post #28 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-01-11, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Icarus Miniatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT40k View Post
Nice work... + rep
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfAbsolution View Post
Hey reaper the first half of my zeds came today, was damn fast delivery and they came from your neck of the woods (Cardiff) and I have to say the models are as I dreamed, I'll post up my own topic once I start painting them.
Excellent, I've never been to/used firestorm before, but they do seem good. I'll be sure to pop over there when I'm back in the 'Diff.

Glad you like the zombies, they are excellent sculpts. The only things I think that let them down are the lack of poses and the way the torso and legs go together, but when you have hundreds, I suppose it doesn't matter.

I'm still waiting on my order so have very little to show. But, I did try my hand at sculpting some fire:

It's not brilliant, but for a first try, I'm pretty pleased with the job I did. And who knows, fire may be something you see more of in the future ;)

post #29 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-02-11, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Icarus Miniatures

In ages past, the mightiest of heroes and chieftains who fell in battle were entombed in cairns and barrows of stone and earth, still garbed in the armour they wore in life. Surrounded by their earthly wealth, they were sealed in with curses and hexes, ensuring that none disturbed their eternal slumber. However, while these ancient spells of warding might keep centuries of tomb robbers at bay, they pose little hindrance to the most powerful Necromancers.
Their tombs defiled, these ancient heroes are infused with the Necromancerís power and rise to become Revenants, deadly undead warriors whose power is far greater than that of the lesser Undead. Though their flesh has long since rotted from their bones, they are encased in heavy ensorcelled armour of bronze and iron, making them nigh on impossible to destroy. Their weapons radiate a deadly chill, and it is said that those felled by these cursed blades are damned for all eternity, their souls forfeit. The Revenants form the armoured elite of a Necromancerís army, and there are few living warriors with the strength or nerve to stand against them.

- The Book of the Dead

_____

Update time, with real pictures!!!

I was lucky enough to get a box of revenants today and have just finished building my first 5

Group:

Champion

Converted revenants (body and head reposition, to make them face front)

Generic revenant and banner:

I know the pictures donít show it, but there is so much detail in these figures, they were a joy to assemble and Iím even more excited for my whole army to arrive now!

On another note, Iíve been looking into fantasy terrain for K.o.W and stumbled upon this in my cupboard a few days ago. I had totally forgotten about it until now:

I canít decided whether to paint it grey, or and off white. Thoughts?

Cheers guys!

post #30 of 157 (permalink) Old 07-03-11, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Icarus Miniatures

Hmm, I seem to be knocking it out faster than you guys can post

I finished my test model for the rank and file today. It took me just over an hour which is a respectable time. Once I get the hang of them, I should be able to knock them out in about 30-45 minuets, and less for the regular skellies.

So here is my first (decent) fully painted mantic model:

The reds and blues where painted the same as previous models.

The bone is dheneb stone washes devlan mud, highlighted back up to stone.

The gold is boltgun metal with 3 washes of sepia.

This model was such a joy to work on. There is so much detail packed into such a small space on these figs.

I'd like to get some feedback on this guy so comment away

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode