Getting My Eldar Painted - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-11, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

farseer22's Flag is: Australia

Ok, I've got the second lot of four guardians started. I've done the base coat of purple and inked them. I also built a light box and took a bunch of other pics, so hopefully the quality of my pics will go up. Most of the pics were of my Orcs and Goblins. I did paint a Pink Horror tho, I was just playing with the colour.

So here are the WIP Guardians. I've got 2 of the Old Metal war walkers on the way now (Yay eBay!) and am hopeful that I'll get this squad done so I can work on them shortly after they arrive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-25-11, 09:18 PM
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
arumichic's Flag is: USA

I kind of screamed when I saw the pink horror. >.< It was big and pink.
Though It kind of looks one note-ish, even though there's light and dark places on it. Might want to try putting on a white highlight to make the muscles pop a bit more.

I can't say too much about the guardians since the pictures are small, but looks like they're coming along well. Keep it up!~

Looking for work....

Current project(s) with plog(s): None ATM
Upcoming project(s): Plague Hulk

Recently finished project(s): Warboss 2, Lord Hector Rex
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-11, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

My motivation on the Guardians has stalled.

I did get the first of my new (previously loved) war walkers. It is painted a terrible yellow colour and needs to be stripped. It didn't come with a base, nor did it come with weapons. Not really a big deal as I already have weapons.

My wife told me today that she hates my base colour and that it doesn't go well with my colour scheme. So I'll be re-painting my bases, I'm going to go with an ash waste sort of colour scheme. I've taken the oportunity to re-base my old square base models. Anyway, probably no more Eldar pics 'till the week end.

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-04-11, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Finally got the motivation to finish the 4 guardians. So Squad 2 of the guardians is 2/3 done, just the HWP and crew left to do. The crew will be first, it looks like I won't be getting a game in this week so hopefully I'll get the majority of them painted by Monday.

I keep sidetracking myself with terrain projects and the re-basing of my O&G army.

PICS:
The Guardians

The whole squad to date and the piece of terrain that distracted me from them:

Hope you like them.
C&C welcome
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-04-11, 10:58 PM
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
arumichic's Flag is: USA

In the model pictures, the models don't look too good, mainly because the light source. It makes the models look dull. You probably need a better light source for taking individual pictures.
However, on the terrain piece, they're looking gorgeous!~
Keep at it!

Looking for work....

Current project(s) with plog(s): None ATM
Upcoming project(s): Plague Hulk

Recently finished project(s): Warboss 2, Lord Hector Rex
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-08-11, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks again everyone for the praise and constructive criticism I appreciate the praise and look forward to the critiques.

I've spent the last few weeks working, it's been crazy busy at work and I haven't had the time/energy I've wanted for painting. So as a result all I've gotten done is my last 2 guardians. I've finished the Heavy Weapon Crewmen. I've also done 2 terrain pieces, I'll put pics of both below. The ruined building is my first attempt at working with foam core. I'm pretty happy with the result and will be working on some more pieces in future, I will be planning them a bit more than I did this piece and I've learned a few things about foam core that will help.

Now the Pics:

post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-08-11, 06:27 AM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

Wow, that color scheme is really going to stand out. I like the mix of old and new models.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-08-11, 07:00 AM

Saulot's Flag is: Philipines

Awesome terrain, farseer! The guardians are looking right and proper on top of them!

The off-white bases are looking good as well! Props to the wifey!
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-08-11, 08:11 AM
Slave to the Brush

InkedDnA's Flag is: USA

The terrain looks great! Seems you have taken well to foam core Your guardians are looking good as well. Hope more time opens up for some painting

"YOU CAN DO IT! CUT HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF!"
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-11, 12:24 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for the necro-post, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

It's been a while since I've posted and I've done a little bit of work on my Eldar, not as much as I'd like but anyway here we go...

I've decided that I'm not going to paint my aspect warriors the traditional colours. I talked to my colour consultant (wife) and based on my army colours I'm going to use Bone as the base colour for my Striking Scorpions, purple for my Howling Banshees, green for my Fire Dragon, probably bone for my Warp Spiders and purple for my Dark Reapers. I've not had a chance to do test models for all of them, but i do have a test of the Scorpion and banshee. so here are pics:

I've done a graduated fade on the sword but will probably be doing some wet blending on future models.

The Banshee is my first attempt at a lightning effect for a power weapon, so I'd be keen to hear advice on how to do better.

The lava flow on the base is to tie her in with my game board.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode