Commission: Eldar Farseer - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 01:29 PM

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Well from what I can see, your blending is pretty good without the use of the airbrush, the picture is a little unclear so it's kinda hard to really tell.

Remeber that the colors will be darker in the folds and lighter on top, otherwise great job so far.

Regards,
DoE

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-07-11, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Back in "Sexay"!!!~
arumichic's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple_of_Ezekiel View Post
Well from what I can see, your blending is pretty good without the use of the airbrush, the picture is a little unclear so it's kinda hard to really tell.

Remeber that the colors will be darker in the folds and lighter on top, otherwise great job so far.

Regards,
DoE
Thank you. The horrible picture is due to my horrible camera. It's like 5 years old, maybe older. That and my not having a photo booth at the moment. I'll try to take better pictures though.

As with the darker in the folds and lighter on top, I was going to go in and do that after all the back was done since I wasn't sure if I should use a wash, or just go a shade darker than what the color was next to, that and I do the shadows and highlights last.

@everyone: anyone have any tips for the stars other than the stencil idea?

Looking for work....

Current project(s) with plog(s): None ATM
Upcoming project(s): Plague Hulk

Recently finished project(s): Warboss 2, Lord Hector Rex
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-10-11, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Back in "Sexay"!!!~

So I did some more work on this bad boy last night, but didn't have the guts or the willpower to post up pictures. I did most of the front part of the guy and the sword and the flames. I am a bit mad at the sword at the moment because it's not as bright as I would like it to be. I've been using Enchanted blue for a base, then a mixture of Ice Blue and Skull white over it...and I want it to be brighter!!!! ARGH! (Yes I rant a lot when I work on models, but am happy how they turn out at the end).

I also did work on his front cloth thingy and that should be finished unless people criticize me otherwise. I put in highlights and shadows on it and to the naked eye and not the stupid camera, it looks good.
Well, let me know how it is!~ I'm going to work on it some more.

I really need a better camera and a photo booth, but not much funding at the moment. *sigh* Oh well, that's life, ain't it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG4945 - Copy.JPG (151.3 KB, 7 views)

Looking for work....

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-10-11, 08:44 AM
moo

moo's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd previously painted on some stars and stuff on the back of my chaos lord's cloak.

I started by selecting some different colours for starters, red, green, blue, yellow and purple. Then i watered down the colour and marked on a cross or a very diffused circle, then i worked in more paint to put more depth of colour towards the centres. This would be followed by some addition of white to my paint mix so that the central point was pure white. Works well and looks good if you can get the technique down, no need for stencils or an airbrush.

One note is that it'll look better on a darker background.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-10-11, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Back in "Sexay"!!!~

Thank Moo! I was thinking of doing that for sure, just wanted a point of reference to know where to start and to see what other people have successfully done. I was trying to go for the look that you have on your cloak so thanks!

Plus the stencil was for a crescent moon since I really don't think I can freehand that. Well I could, but i'd be yelling profanities as I did so. So I'd prefer a stencil for the basecoat for that.

But really, thanks! And your model looks great!

Looking for work....

post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-11-11, 02:14 PM

Don't second guess yourself It seems your hand is steady and light enough looking at your work, I would say if anything a heavy "Prime" is your nemesis here, I will side with firefighterx on this one the cheep .68 cent a can walmart primer is the best for this, a good "dusting" box and you will be fine.
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-11-11, 05:26 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Looking pretty goos so far.
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-12-11, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Back in "Sexay"!!!~

I'm so happy at how this is turning out, so I had to post even though I didn't have a picture to show for it. The helm's done and whit that done, being gradiented up, as in dark on the bottom and light to the top, the whole model has a commanding presence, or so it seems to me. It's begging me to put more work in it tonight, which I will be doing. If anything, all I will have left after tonight will be some touch ups and stars/moon on the cape. I'm a little bit scared to do that though, being the perfectionist that I am and aim to be.

Though I don't like the gemming work I did, since I don't think it is dark enough for the top edge. I don't think it will show up in a photo either though. I might have to go through and redo the gemming with darker colors.
But it will be mostly done by tonight and I'll post pictures after that.

Looking for work....

post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-12-11, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Back in "Sexay"!!!~

So, due to my stupid eyesight and fingers and hands not wanting to listen and stay still, I was not able to do the highlights on this guy...but here are the photos so far. Hopefully I don't imbibe so much caffiene tomorrow and have him finished....though I think a COMPLETELY finished product will have to wait till Monday night, with all the touch ups and varnishing and stuff.
(Yes I try to make a goal for myself to get it done as fast and best as I can, though it ends up being pushed back a bit.)

I'm not so sure about the lighting in the pictures, but in person, he looks like a bad-ass.
I think I will darken up the top of the "gems" tomorrow and see how that looks like. IMO, it will look lots better than right now.

Hope you all enjoy!!!~

P.S. I did fiddle with some of the macro settings on my camera, so some of the lines might seem a bit off. (it was in text mode and not "collection/toys" mode, so it has harsher lines)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Farseergimp.JPG (641.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg farseergimp2.JPG (617.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg farseergimp3.JPG (675.0 KB, 9 views)

Looking for work....

Last edited by arumichic; 06-12-11 at 11:56 AM.
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 06-12-11, 07:08 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

OK clicking on the pictures I was able to see the booger in her nose lol. There is a lot of little things but honestly without having the model 8 inches tall I doubt you would see them.

I will say the black looks unfinished as well as the sleeves on the robe. The model is coming along nicely though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode