Yeah I know I know, I haven't been updating this work log. I've been rather pissed with GamesWorkshop of late, largely because of their new trade agreements but more so because of their bs reasoning they gave to justify their new rules. That coupled with their increasing pricing is largely forcing me out of the hobby at least out of the levels I've been at over the last couple years. But I have been working on my Blood Ravens.The weather around here finally decided to stop being Winter and get into Spring so the.... I've honestly lost count of how many models I had sitting on my shelf waiting to be primed. It's 2 drop pods, 1 biker, 3 land speeders, 3 attack bikes, 5 Terminators, a land raider, Techmarine and 11 Assault Marines all sitting on my shelf waiting to be primed, and with the temperatures ranging between 35 and 50 for the last month priming just hasn't been an option but... finally Virginia decided "Okay I'm ready for spring!" and brought in the correct seasonal temperatures of 75ish. So I was able to prime. Well some of my stuff anyway. I ran out of primer...
But I did manage to get 1 drop pod, 3 land speeders, 1 biker, and the 3 attack bikes primed.
You can see the lower frames of the land speeders mounted on the tooth picks with the central computer console for the drop pod on the corner of the Styrofoam block. I only partially assembled the land speeders and mounted them on tooth pick this way purposefully to make painting them easier. Easier in that I can get at the interior details and then assemble. You can see the legs of the marines have been painted all the way down to the ankles.
I ran into one little hickup with the land speeders though and it is a minor one, though worth noting. See I got 2 single Land Speeders, and the Dark Angles Raven Wing battalion box set to get the third. Well the Land Speeder in the Raven Wing box is the older design of land speeders so I've effectively got two different models. It's not a huge problem, but it has created a few minor planning issues. For instance the newer version of the land speeder allows you to build the lower section of the entire Speeder body and then apply the top of the body to that. if you look at the land speeder body on the right you see how the seat backs are attached to the bottom of the speeder, but on the left the seat backs are attached to the top portion. Like I said, not a huge problem just an annoyance.
So far I've only managed to paint the central console on for the drop pod. Nothing terribly note worthy here. But worth the picture. You can check out some of the other progress I've made on my blog