Blood Ravens, 4th Company Reporting - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-30-11, 05:01 PM

Tedathalan's Flag is: Taiwan

Just found this thread, and your work is pretty darn awesome. Can't wait to see the progress you've made!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-13-12, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Maverike Prime's Flag is: USA

So I've actually been playing games again and I've been using my Blood Ravens. Well in my latest game I was with out recourse or alternative shocked to watch my opponents Deff Dread completely eat my iron clad dreadnought in close combat. So remembering the old saying that the Dice Gods favor the painted models, I painted my dreadnought. I only have the one dread model so far and it's been used as a normal dread, a ven-dread and an Iron Clad. With some paint on it hopefully I won't roll so totally badly with it next time that a deff dread will eat it. Anyway, here it is:

I got the Multi-melta arm from the AoBR set. Had to modify it to work on the Ven-dread body.

Just needed some plastic tubing the right size and my dremel.

I donno where I got the inferno cannon arm, but I have it, so I painted it. I had to enlarge the mounting hole a bit and then for security I dropped a magnet into it and magnatized the arm on the dread body.

And here are the rest of the weapons available for it so far.

Be Sure to follow me on:

post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-13-12, 02:32 PM

Lethiathan's Flag is: United Kingdom

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Purple is back =-( Great models, Great Ideas, Just the dread is a lil purple.

World's Worst Project-Logger.

Slightly Derranged, would advice staying away.

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-09-13, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Maverike Prime's Flag is: USA

Yeah I know I know, I haven't been updating this work log. I've been rather pissed with GamesWorkshop of late, largely because of their new trade agreements but more so because of their bs reasoning they gave to justify their new rules. That coupled with their increasing pricing is largely forcing me out of the hobby at least out of the levels I've been at over the last couple years. But I have been working on my Blood Ravens.The weather around here finally decided to stop being Winter and get into Spring so the.... I've honestly lost count of how many models I had sitting on my shelf waiting to be primed. It's 2 drop pods, 1 biker, 3 land speeders, 3 attack bikes, 5 Terminators, a land raider, Techmarine and 11 Assault Marines all sitting on my shelf waiting to be primed, and with the temperatures ranging between 35 and 50 for the last month priming just hasn't been an option but... finally Virginia decided "Okay I'm ready for spring!" and brought in the correct seasonal temperatures of 75ish. So I was able to prime. Well some of my stuff anyway. I ran out of primer...

But I did manage to get 1 drop pod, 3 land speeders, 1 biker, and the 3 attack bikes primed.

You can see the lower frames of the land speeders mounted on the tooth picks with the central computer console for the drop pod on the corner of the Styrofoam block. I only partially assembled the land speeders and mounted them on tooth pick this way purposefully to make painting them easier. Easier in that I can get at the interior details and then assemble. You can see the legs of the marines have been painted all the way down to the ankles.

I ran into one little hickup with the land speeders though and it is a minor one, though worth noting. See I got 2 single Land Speeders, and the Dark Angles Raven Wing battalion box set to get the third. Well the Land Speeder in the Raven Wing box is the older design of land speeders so I've effectively got two different models. It's not a huge problem, but it has created a few minor planning issues. For instance the newer version of the land speeder allows you to build the lower section of the entire Speeder body and then apply the top of the body to that. if you look at the land speeder body on the right you see how the seat backs are attached to the bottom of the speeder, but on the left the seat backs are attached to the top portion. Like I said, not a huge problem just an annoyance.

So far I've only managed to paint the central console on for the drop pod. Nothing terribly note worthy here. But worth the picture. You can check out some of the other progress I've made on my blog.

Be Sure to follow me on:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode