I have been 'blogging' with my buddy for a couple of years as we build and paint our armies but I want to get a bit more feedback as I go and see if I can slowly build up to getting a best army nomination (which we were going for at the last 40k Doubles Tournament).
This project log will see me take the army from a four hundred points to a thousand hopefully over the next year, I am not going to be too ambitious as having played against IG for a couple of years I know what kind of units work well for me so I can take my time painting and borrow from my mates horde when we wanna play tournie sized games.
I started my IG army last November and now have a Vendetta, a Chimera and a demolisher/executioner.
I will post some pics later today of what i have so far, any comments would be gratefully received, I spent some time on doing an Aquila head and wings on the Vendetta so I will do a quick tutorial on that as there were a few people asking how to do it and it took me ages to figure it out.
Here is how the Vendetta came together...
I cant seem to write next to the images but the Vendetta project goes like this (i did the head and wings in same way):
1. Draw the design in pencil
2. Trace the design onto something you can then use as a stencil to spray over (I used my sons 'messy mat' which I thought had seen better days and was due a change)
3. Get bollocked by my wife for using son's messy mat
4. Spray the wings white (I wanted to spray the model as much as possible as you get a nice clean, flat surface - I could free hand the design but i wanted to try this and see if you got a better look from it)
5. Tape the stencil onto the model
6. Spray it grey! ( I used Tamiya German Grey - after much research this was the 'look' i was going for - an army fighting in urban areas so dirty grey was my goal)
7. Remove the stencils and check out your handywork!
You will see that I also did some bits on the tail plane - I sprayed these white and then put masking tape over before spraying grey again.
8)I then went over the edges of the fuselage where there was white and added some grey weathering
9) there will be some white 'blocks' around the stencil outline where the tape was, just a bit of brush painting with grey to do here
10) A bit more weathering, and picking out the areas that would be worn by use and its nearly done.
I will post some close up photos of the finished article later...