Truescale Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-19-11, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Dīnadan's Flag is: Wales

Default Truescale Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons

Currently working on a 'true scale' Ahriman conversion and thought I'd post some WiPs here for people to look at.

Backpack:

As a bonus - a pic of a 'true scale' Aspiring Sorcerer I was working on before Christmas, but have been too busy/lazy to finish off (hopefully the Ahriman project will inspire me to finish this guy aswell):

Last edited by Dīnadan; 08-27-11 at 08:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-19-11, 07:54 PM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Looking good, will be keeping an eye on this project as it gets closer to finishing.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-19-11, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
Looking good, will be keeping an eye on this project as it gets closer to finishing.
Thanks If it works out, I'll have to find a lot of money somewhere so that I can do a whole army of true scales :lol:

As a little addendum, I think it may be a good idea if I mentioned what parts have gone into him.

The legs and chest plate are from the plastic Chaos Lord, as is the front of the helmet (while the rest of the helmet is obviously a Thousand Son head). The back of the chest is from a Chaos Space Marine (specifically a spare one from the same TS who donated his head) as is the plastic part of the backpack, while the metal part of the backpack is a Sorcerer's.

His legs were a bit of a pain. Originally I was planning on leaving them as is, but once I actually saw the componants in the plastic, decided it would look a bit too much like he was squatting. This lead to removing and repositioning the left leg, the idea being to have the right one left as is so that he could be stepping up onto something, however in the dry run stage this still looked a bit off, so I had to remover and reposition the right leg slightly so that he would be leaning forwards slightly as opposed to looking like he was falling backwards.

Currently I'm in two minds on what arms to use. At the moment it's a toss up beween the plastic terminator arms from the Lord set and a spare set of metal Thousand Son's arms. I'm currently leaning slightly towards the TS arms, as the sculpt of the left one will allow me to put the book from the Lord set in it to make it look like he's reading from it.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-23-11, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Little update. (Appologies for some of the pics being blurry - didn't notice until after I'd uploaded them)

Have begun green stuffing Ahriman's legs:

I've decided to swap the headdress for a different style (shown here on the left). The other one will be used for the Aspiring Sorcerer (unfortunately I didn't notice it was on crooked until I came to green stuff it and was too lazy to remove and re-aply it, so it's staying crooked - presumably it's either battle damage or he didn't strap it on propperly when he put his helmet on in the morning :lol: ):

Also, Ahriman's backpack has been greenstuffed:

Further, the Aspiring Sorcerer is almost comlete; just waiting for the greenstuff to set before I glue the arms and head on:

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-25-11, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Another update. No pic of Ahriman this time - did take one, but decided there wasn't enough progress since last time to justify a pic (taking it slowly and builing him up one section at a time). In the mean time, the Aspiring Sorcerer is mostly finished:

And here's a scal comparrison with a regular Rubric:

Also, as an extention to this project, here's a WiP 'Obliterator' (by that I mean statswise he'll be an Obliterator, but fluffwise he's a Sorcerer with the Obliterator's special rules representing him flinging psychic powers about):
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-26-11, 01:10 AM
Searching for Vulkan

HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

sorry but I'm confused, how many versions are you doing?

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-26-11, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorusReborn View Post
sorry but I'm confused, how many versions are you doing?
Just one. I tagged on a generic Aspiring Sorcerer to the original post because it was a related project (and because starting the Ahriman project encouraged me to restart work on it). As I've been working on them, I've been inspired to start work on some 'Obliterators' which would have been done at some point when I expanded this into creating a full army, but as I had some parts laying arround thought that I might aswell work on a couple of them while I'm doing Ahriman and the AS. As such, this has turned into more of a general Thousand Sons project than specifically an Ahriman Project. I would rename the thread, but I don't know how
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-26-11, 02:26 PM
Searching for Vulkan

HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

aah nah no need to rename it.. it all makes sense now Good work on hacking the head off of the Marshall of the Black Templars LOL

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-26-11, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorusReborn View Post
aah nah no need to rename it.. it all makes sense now Good work on hacking the head off of the Marshall of the Black Templars LOL
Thanks - wasn't actually that hard to remove the head; was actually harder to remove the lower parts of the TS head than the top of the Marshal's ;)
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-11, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Appologies for the thread necromancy, but I thought it'd be preferable to starting a new thread.

Recently started work again on this project and have decided to expand it into a full army. I'm intending to do a Pre-Heresy style army and as such I'm planning on using the GK codex rather than the CSM one.

Planning on using this guy with the Brotherhood Champion rules:

Size comparison of him with a regular Thousand Son mini:

Group shot of him with the Ahriman conversion and the Aspiring Sorcerer test mini:

I no longer intend on using this Ahriman conversion in the finished army, so he'll just be for display/a testbed for the colour scheme. Same with the Aspiring Sorcerer.

Some WiP shots of the start of the army:

Currently working on 15 with the hope of using them in a 40kin40mins style tourney being held at my club in a couple of months. Have started the greenstuffing on the legs of 13 (ordered the other two sets of legs today from bitsandkits, so should only be a day or two to arrive). Hopefully that'll keep me ocupied until the bits to make the rest of them arrive (have ordered a couple of boxes to get the arms and torsos, and have ordered the maximini khopeshes and steam knight heads).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode