My little Grot's Waaagh! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

Default My little Grot's Waaagh!

Alrighty people, my 11 year old son has caught the Warhammer 40k bug thanks to me. Before he got too deep into the hobby I wanted to teach him the rules and get him playing a few games to see if he liked it enough to make the investment of money and time. Well, he has taken to it like a duck to water!

For him to have an appreciation and respect for his army I have made him spend his own hard earned money on any and all of his models with the exception of birthday and Christmas presents. If he wants something, he has to work for it.

After a year now, he has collected a sizable Ork army and has been learning and retaining the rules of the game really well. He is enjoying it and has a lot of fun. He has beaten me on many occasions, (and no, I didn't let him win, he genuinely beat me!) and puts up a good fight every time.

He has now begun to add some color to his models with advise and tips from me on how to paint. Again, for him to appreciate his army he will be painting all the infantry models. (As I enjoy painting vehicles and character models, he kindly asked me to do those for him as he wanted them to stand out from the rest. I graciously accepted.) I have started off by teaching him in steps. First is base coating. Next he will learn to shade and highlight followed by picking out details and finally with basing. By the time he is done, he should be on his way to being competent with all aspects of the game and hobby.

So here it is, my sons 40k Ork army project log!

ORK BOYS: FIRST SQUAD OF 10

He has mixed in shoota's and slugga's for now just to get an idea of painting different weapons and equipment. He has 30+ more standard boys to finish base coating before he moves on to shading and highlighting.

As he is very excited to have a fully painted army, look for this project log to be updated frequently!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 03:44 AM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

AWESOME! Awesome to see him taking so well to the hobby and the game. My 5 year old is really into it to and I am really looking forward to him being old enough to get the gameplay. His models are really nice and I hope you two have a lot more fun together.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 04:30 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

My 8 year old is wanting to get in as well .

Looking good, all you need to d now is teach him washes and those would be some really good looking orks. The paint is veery neat which is impressive.

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 06:24 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

It is great to see the little ones getting involved. Most impressive work so far. I introduced my son to the hobby too, it is some of the best father son time you can have.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 06:26 AM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaantitus View Post
It is great to see the little ones getting involved. Most impressive work so far. I introduced my son to the hobby too, it is some of the best father son time you can have.
I couldn't agree more. We have a painting session every Saturday afternoon and it is a blast.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 11:36 AM

Grins1878's Flag is: United Kingdom

I don't have any nippers, but my brother's lad is 9 and got into tyranids last year, he's the same, saves his money for his models bar christmas and birthday.

It all started for him with a game of the new space hulk, one look at the stealers and he was hooked!

The orks are looking good man, good to see he's gone with a proper army, not one of these beakee or panzee armies! ;-)

"I no longer think of them as animals Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptable. Single-minded. The perfection of my father's vision." - Magnus the Red.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 11:46 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

hell give those orks a devlan mud wash and they'd be even better with no effort at all, they already look quite clean for a starter.

post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

I let my son read the responses you guys left, and you should have seen his face light up! With great replies like this, he is going to do well, I can feel it. Thanks heresy for being supportive and helpful yet again!
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 08:28 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

His orks look really good... get him some of the washes... devlan mud would really make some of the stuff pop...

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-15-11, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode