Greater Deamon of Nurgle - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-11, 07:15 PM

Hammer49's Flag is: United Kingdom

Greenstuff work looks very good. I like the use of the chaos shields.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-27-11, 07:34 PM

yanlou's Flag is: United Kingdom

wow thats awesome, is he on a dread base? and whats the size like in comparison to the plastic daemon prince?
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-11, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-11, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-11, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-11, 10:40 AM

LordOfAbsolution's Flag is: United Kingdom

awesome model, kicks the arse of the GW one..

but on a random note is that a Blanka Marine (street fighter) in the size comparison picture? lol.

"By the Grace of the Emperor we live, By his will he shatter the Horrors of the Warp, with our blades we will cleanse the galaxy!" - Lord Commander Dominicus of the Saints of Absolution.

"The Emperor is the god of all Mankind, and we, are his lightning bolts that strike down his enemies" - from the book of Absolution
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-28-11, 04:29 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

*Hats off*

I have a lot of respect for folks willing to tackle really ambitious conversions and sculpting projects. I feel like there's something kind of off with this guy. But I'm having trouble putting my finger on what it is.

I really like the multi-armed and multi-headed design. I think that's really working.
The cabling and exposed bones/vertebrae are also working well.

I'm lukewarm on the chaos shields. They seem too tidy and smooth compared to the texture of the daemon himself. And with the disorder of the models appearance the repetition seems out of place. Perhaps you can rough up the edges, or changed the shields overall silhouette?

There weapons (spear and knife) where the handle and blade don't continue through the hand in a smooth straight line look sloppy, and distract from the rest of the model.

I'm also on the fence about the big jagged tank ram-bar weapon. It looks wickedly evil and thoroughly unpleasant, but it might be too big compared to the rest of the model - or it might not . . . still on the fence.

I think there's something awkward in belly/going area. I think compared to other great unclean ones the legs are comparatively long, and the belly comparatively small. I think the overall belly proportion is what seems the most off to me. Can you bulk it up more without losing some of the good detail (the extended arm, guts, etc.)?

Yeah, its the belly. the more I look at it the more sure I am. I think compared to the heads, arms, and legs the belly is undersized - especially considering regular nurgle daemons, it a part of their look. If the belly got bigger that might help balance out the huge weapon too.

If the belly gets bigger and its lower edges moves toward the 'ground' I think the belly/leg proportion issue will be solved.

Keep up the good and adventurous work! I know Ilve tried a few major projects like this and whether I finished them or not, all the work and thinking and problem solving made me a better modeler and sculptor!

I can't wait to see this guy completed!

Cheers,
Kreuger

p.s. - What tools are you using? Based on the textures you've made I'm guessing a cocktail stick or otherwise pointy dental tool, and an x-acto knife. If you need a quick/cheap set to get going to further heights of scuklpting goodness I'd recommend http://www.amazon.com/SE-Pick-Set-12Pc/dp/B000SVRSRY/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IRFCZPY6RNP1R&colid=2Y3ASBVZNDZIX. They're aren't perfect, and sometimes have some divets or burrs on their edges. Burs are easy enough to smooth out with a needle file, and the tiny divets haven't caused me any problems. And they're very affordable.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-29-11, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Actually I have a full set of sculpting tools. That stort of haphazard mismatched flesh look is what I actually was trying for.
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-31-11, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Last edited by Todeswind; 05-31-11 at 02:01 PM.
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-31-11, 11:28 AM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Personally, methinks there's a bit too much gubbins on the back, as seen in the third picture. Other than that, it looks like it's coming along nicely, with some good greenstuff work

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode