Ultramarines 3:d company - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Meldon's Flag is: Sweden

Default Ultramarines 3:d company

Hiya, this will be my first attempt for a plog. In this first post I thought I should showcase what I got so far as I have been building on this force for about 2 years now. (I´m a slow painter ) If the uppdates get a bit thin that will probably just mean I got tired of painting blue, but I always come back to the guys in blue in some way

I have been playing and collecting in this hobby for some 10 years now and I have finally managed to stick to and army and paint up a playable force with it to. When I started this force I decided not to rush anything and let it take the time it takes. I´m gonna follow Codex Astartes as much as I can to. So all the squads have the right markings and stuff. And if I can buy and include FW stuff I buy it Someday in the future a thunderhawk will be added!

A pic of the force as it stands right now.

I thought I would show you all the infantry in this uppdate. allthough I havent got the hang of taking a good pic of them yet. Will have to work on that I think. Well, on to the tacticals and the assault squads.

This was my first ever tac squad. I think it came out quite well. The reason they shine a bit is becouse they have been varnished with a gloss varnish. Not many in the force are coated in it becouse I move on to a matt varnish soon after.

Tac squad nr 2.

Assault squad. This one took forever to asemble and paint. I got really really bored of painting blue when doing these guys so I just had to do something else. I ended up buying a box of beastmen as the new rulebook for warhammer was realesed at the time Anyway, after a few weeks of pinting brown I got back to these guys and finished them.

Sqout squad. These guys where the first to be painted for the force. I hate doing eyes. They always end up looking completly retarded so thats why only the sarge have pupils

On to the elites then.

My sternguard where also one of the first units to be painted. As I hate to use metal models they dont see to much action though

Assault terminators. I really like how these guys turned out

My first version of Captain Mikael Fabian. I dont really like this one. His head dident come out very well... I also tried to make a red sword with red lightning, but there is not enough contrast between the sword and the lightning so you only see it if you look very closely.

Version 2.0 Much beter this time around. And I think I pulled of the lightning in a much better way. This pic don´t do it justice though

Well. this turned out to be a monster post. Don´t expect to se many more of these

C&C are very welcome

Last edited by Meldon; 01-06-11 at 04:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 01:56 PM

lastdaysofhumanity's Flag is: USA

Nice clean painting, well done!

If you don't like the gloss shine on your tac squad, putting a thin coat of matte over it should cut down the shine quite a bit.

Any chance of some closeups on the tanks?

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26497&dateline=129399  0905
post #3 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks.

The only reason I havent recoated the squads is becouse I´m to lazy to do it

The tanks will come hopefully tomorrow. Its a bit dark to take pics now and I don´t have a light thats good enough.

post #4 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 03:24 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Heya mate

Great to see you get a plog going, something I should defo do too, must shape up on the painting....

Having seen this stuff IRL a whole bunch of times I agree that the pics aint doing the stuff justice. I think there is some photo tut around here, yea:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...=photographing

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
post #5 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 03:41 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

They look good. Very clean. The only little thing I noticed is the helmet on the second tactical squad sergeant looks flat.
post #6 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 03:45 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Hey, nice work painting . Shame there might not be any more.

And I thought there was very few people here who liked Ultramarines.
post #7 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamodai View Post
They look good. Very clean. The only little thing I noticed is the helmet on the second tactical squad sergeant looks flat.

That was the first time i tried to paint red in that way. After that I learned that adding a bit of orange to the edges really helps
post #8 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-07-11, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Well, I told you I should post a few close shots on my tanks today, but the camera I use went crazy and it won´t show any f the pic I took. I´m gona try to borrow a new camera someday here but it might take a while though
post #9 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-08-11, 11:29 AM

Alexious's Flag is: Australia

Meldon,

Very nice work, nice to see you have done the codex almost perfectly as well. Rarely do I see vet sgt terminator helmet markings done correctly. Well done.

Also nice to see somebody else with a clean style of painting instead of constant weathering. I find the entire weathering issue very tiresome over a force and I love to see nice crisp bold colors as if they have stepped out of WD circa early 90's.

The only comment I will make is the red use of accent on the tabards and so on. Its nice and it fits 3rd company to the letter. However it does look flat... some washing and letting the darker color pool so they are not so flat, may help you out.

Rep sir... ++
post #10 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-08-11, 03:01 PM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Very nice stuff! I especially like the Commander! +Rep

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode