Ultramarines 3:d company - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-11-11, 09:31 PM

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Hey Meldon, love the Marines and the Tanks! I like how you highlighted all the edges of the tanks and such, well done. Seriously, I feel you on having a nice clean looking army. At least thats how I feel about my Dark Angels. I have had a couple people in the past where I used to play that said I should dirty my tanks up a bit...I thought to myself and said no freaking way! I think of Marines as appearing very sharp, clean, and the best of the the best with their equipment being very well maintained. Secondly, Ive never really tried to dirty up a tank because Im scared im going to FUBAR it. However, I will be learning how to do it very soon with my Death Korps of Krieg. Amyways, great job man, keep it up.

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-11-11, 10:38 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Really nice tanks. Same clean cut look as the first models. It's the command squad that really stands out for me. Something in the simplicity I really like, especially the company champion.
post #23 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-12-11, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Meldon's Flag is: Sweden

Thanks everyone for the +rep and great comments, it really motivates me to keep painting. Well, I got a request for some more pics of the banner bearer so here goes. I have also been playing around with the settings on the camera so I think these pics are a bit better.

I also made some close ups on the banner and the marine.
On the Marine you also see the 4 layers of blue quite well. So if anyone want to try this method of painting blue you can see I leave quite a bit of paint from the previous layer. When one layer is done you just add white to the Ultramarine blue and start painting the next layer. Fort the last one you add quite alot of white and just paint the edges or the mort raiser areas of the armour.

As for the Nid in the middle of the banner I can´t take credit for that one. I actually got one of my friends to paint it in his nid army colours

post #24 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-12-11, 05:58 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Very cool! I love the banner!

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #25 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-12-11, 06:01 PM

lonnebo's Flag is: Sweden

That is my poor little Tyranid warrior on that banner and it will be a pleasure to kill the marines and reclaim it for the swarm

"I hate them not because they hate us but because they are incapabel of good, honest human hatred"
Inquisitor Angmar on Tyranids
post #26 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-12-11, 09:57 PM
Ask me about Pins

CLT40k's Flag is: USA

Your shading on the Marines is some of the nicest I've seen... Wow...

-------------------------------------

Project Log - Click Here

My 40K Blog: For the Throne
post #27 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-12-11, 10:58 PM

Zacharus's Flag is: Australia

the standard bearer looks awesome +rep
post #28 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-15-11, 07:34 PM
rich11762's Flag is: England

nice to see a fellow ultra marine player on the logs, love what ive seen so far would like to see more close ups really nice work, your like totally opposite in type of painting, you like the clean crisp look, i like the batterd and smashed look, some good shit all in all what you on for next? can we see some closer tank shots anychance?

post #29 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Meldon's Flag is: Sweden

Thanks for all the kind comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich11762 View Post
nice to see a fellow ultra marine player on the logs, love what ive seen so far would like to see more close ups really nice work, your like totally opposite in type of painting, you like the clean crisp look, i like the batterd and smashed look, some good shit all in all what you on for next? can we see some closer tank shots anychance?

I´m going for a "just landed" look on my army. I want the to look like they just walked out of the landers and droppods after som time in space, therefor the the clean look

I have som closeups on the tanks on some page here, or do you want to see anyone a bit more..?? Just let me know what you want to se closer and I will fix some pics of it
Right now I´m working on sniperscouts, almost done with 2 of them, will put up pics as soon as I can.

There are no friends in the real world, just less hostile enemies
post #30 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-16-11, 07:52 AM
rich11762's Flag is: England

sound, just had a good look at your tanks i think they look a bit unfinished as there is no shading recesses which would really help bring the tank to life i think the lights on the hatch look bloody spot on really good im goin to try and copy that effect, i have a few scout snipers myself unpainted ive never used them to any great effect in a game as yet so ive put them towards the bottom of my list, ill keep a look out to see how you get on with them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode