Ultramarines 3:d company - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-08-11, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Meldon's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexious View Post
Meldon,

Very nice work, nice to see you have done the codex almost perfectly as well. Rarely do I see vet sgt terminator helmet markings done correctly. Well done.

Also nice to see somebody else with a clean style of painting instead of constant weathering. I find the entire weathering issue very tiresome over a force and I love to see nice crisp bold colors as if they have stepped out of WD circa early 90's.

The only comment I will make is the red use of accent on the tabards and so on. Its nice and it fits 3rd company to the letter. However it does look flat... some washing and letting the darker color pool so they are not so flat, may help you out.
Thanks alot I want my marines to look like they just landed and have just disembarked from the thunderhawk. And since they are Ultramarines I want them to follow the Codex almost to the letter. There may be some small diffrences here and there but I try to stick to the codex as much as I can.

I will see what I can do about the red and washing it. I´m currently working on the company champion so he will have to be my test model then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marneus Calgar View Post
Very nice stuff! I especially like the Commander! +Rep
Thanks, i put quite some time into him so it´s nice to see that people like him

Last edited by Meldon; 01-16-11 at 10:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-09-11, 12:06 AM

Master WootWoot's Flag is: Norway

I like that you chose the 3rd company. You made me like ultramarine blue smurfs!

Visit my Sons of Iron log!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits
Those bloody bits websites are a pain in the ass!! maybe they could sell the same bit to multiple people and they can share it on a rotational basis, like a time share, so that terminator cyclone missile launcher you can have the first week in april, two weeks in august and random rolling weekend in December.
post #13 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-09-11, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master WootWoot View Post
I like that you chose the 3rd company. You made me like ultramarine blue smurfs!
The main reason I choose the 3:rd company is becouse my main opponent plays nids and 3rd is one of the companys most expirenced in fighting nids

post #14 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-09-11, 12:42 AM

Zacharus's Flag is: Australia

Its looking great and yeah i agree with you the 3rd are one of the most experienced companies with fighting the nids, i also think your a great painter too and how did you do the blue power armour?
post #15 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-09-11, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharus View Post
Its looking great and yeah i agree with you the 3rd are one of the most experienced companies with fighting the nids, i also think your a great painter too and how did you do the blue power armour?

Thanks

The blue is painted in 4 layers. First a layer of Ultramarines blue, then you add in some white and paint on another layer leaving about 2-3 mm of the original colour in the bottom of the armout segment. Then add a little bit more white and do the same again. For the last bit you add quite a lot of white and just highlight the edges of the armour. It takes about 2 hours to make the blue on one marine.
post #16 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-09-11, 01:50 PM
Febris Militarius

Medic Marine's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldon View Post
It takes about 2 hours to make the blue on one marine.
A labor of love right there, your great work shows through.

Life is all anatomy lessons and paint brushes
post #17 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-10-11, 03:22 AM

Zacharus's Flag is: Australia

thanks mate, going to try it tonight
post #18 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-11-11, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Well, I finally managed to get a recharging thingy for my camera. But I also managed to borrow my father waaaay better camera, not really used to use it though but I´d like to think that the pictures came out better.

Anyway here are the close ups for the tanks that I promised

Predator annihilator. The first of many tanks for this force. I have a few Brass etchings on it to make it look a little special.

Predator Destructor. Dident have any good etchings for this one so it´s just some transfers.

Dreadnought. The plaque was a pain to paint becouse the text is really really small. I did try to make the rext red at first but then it became imbossible to read it so I had to repaint it white. It also had an eagle on to but that one had to go becouse of space issues on the dreadnought.

Razorback. This was the first tank/transport I did for the force, and actually the first vehicle I ever made. It have som FW stuff on it to make it look really Ultramariny.

Rhino. It has been given the FW imperial eagle doors. nothing special other than that.

Rhino. Ultramarine doors from FW. I think these ones came out quite good. Both the arrow on the top hatch on this one and the other are freehand. Doing the only requierd the help of a friend and a bit of paper. After have done the straight line with the help of paper and freind I only hade to tidy it up a bit and fill it in, quite easy.

Same rhino but other side. Here you can se the rear door to. All my transports with FW stuff also have the Rear door addition.

And for a bit of a uppdate here at the end, heres my contribution for the Army paintin challange - January. My command squad. But I really have to get some better light when taking photos of my infantry specialy, they come out way to dark. ANyway. if you would like to se a mini from more angels or anything just drop a line and I will take some new pics
post #19 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-11-11, 03:09 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Love the tanks! The FW additions really make them standout. I would like to see some additional pics of the Command Squad banner. It is a bit hard to make out the details due to the lack of light as you pointed out. I also like how you achieved your white. It is very clean and well done.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #20 of 187 (permalink) Old 01-11-11, 03:44 PM

Master WootWoot's Flag is: Norway

The new ones is really cool too, but the tanks might look good with a red inner panel.

Visit my Sons of Iron log!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits
Those bloody bits websites are a pain in the ass!! maybe they could sell the same bit to multiple people and they can share it on a rotational basis, like a time share, so that terminator cyclone missile launcher you can have the first week in april, two weeks in august and random rolling weekend in December.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode