Ultramarines 3:d company - Page 18 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 187 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 01:52 PM

greyfoxuk's Flag is: Wales

excellent clean painting, the captain with the lightning swords is awesome. nice work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 187 (permalink) Old 06-29-12, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Meldon's Flag is: Sweden

The Land raider is done! It was a very fun tank to paint. I never liked the Raider before becouse I just think it was a little to big. It took to muck space on the tabletop. But after painting it i´ve changed my mind, it´s still big, no question about that. But it´s funniness to paint more then make up for that. More Raiders will be coming, be sure about that

Hope you like them

There are no friends in the real world, just less hostile enemies
post #173 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Time to revive this plog again, I´m currently on vacation so theres not much painting going on. I fact I haven´t even lifted a piantbrush since the vacation began. But before I started the slacking period I did manage to finish my 5 new snipers, and I´ve just now, (3 weeks later) gotten around to take some pictures of them. I think they turned out really good.

And here´s a shot of the whole group finished, so far they haven´t achieved much on the battlefield though..

post #174 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 01:56 PM

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Looking real good Meldon! I'm not sure if it was in your log or not but I swear I have seen the cloak technique somewhere before...nonetheless good job on the models mate. Curious tho, why are they not in the UltraMarine color scheme?

Regards,
DoE

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

post #175 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple_of_Ezekiel View Post
Looking real good Meldon! I'm not sure if it was in your log or not but I swear I have seen the cloak technique somewhere before...nonetheless good job on the models mate. Curious tho, why are they not in the UltraMarine color scheme?

Regards,
DoE
Thanks

I put up some pictures of the first 5 I did last year so you should have seen the cloaks somewhere here in my plog before. It´s an odd look for them that I think is kinda uniqe (never seen it on any other models). The reason for them not being blue is a simple one. I think that a sniper wearing blue while trying to hide is a stupid and probably dead sniper. I think the scheme fits their more stealthy roll compared to the other marines

post #176 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 07:05 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Loving the redeemer, the blue is excellent, very crisp. The scouts look very nice as well, if a little green.

There is one thing from a modelling stand point when it comes to LRs though, and this is strictly a personal preference thing, [rant]it's why do people put the sponson weapons in the rear hatch? One thing any body who has ever trained in APCs will attest to is the need to debus while getting covering fire from the vehicle. I for one would not get out a hatch that is within the arc of a weapons system for fear of getting caught in the cross fire, where as I would very confident of getting out behind [/rant] It does look great though.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 07-30-12 at 07:08 PM.
post #177 of 187 (permalink) Old 07-30-12, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Loving the redeemer, the blue is excellent, very crisp. The scouts look very nice as well, if a little green.

There is one thing from a modelling stand point when it comes to LRs though, and this is strictly a personal preference thing, [rant]it's why do people put the sponson weapons in the rear hatch? One thing any body who has ever trained in APCs will attest to is the need to debus while getting covering fire from the vehicle. I for one would not get out a hatch that is within the arc of a weapons system for fear of getting caught in the cross fire, where as I would very confident of getting out behind [/rant] It does look great though.
Yeah I know, I dident think of it until it was all put together and painted though so it was a bit late to do anything about it then. The next one I do will have the sponsons in the front

post #178 of 187 (permalink) Old 09-01-12, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Time for a uppdate I feel.

I have been workin on just 2 models lately, but one of them is a bit bigger then the usual inf so it should count for atleast 5-6 of them
First up is my contribution to the army painting challange of August, I did a Chaplain with a jumppack this month, I really like the model and I love chaplains on the battlefield. More of these will show up in the future

The reason that there is no text on the tabard is that I though this schould be a new chaplain, newly risen to his rank. He has therefor not been given the time to add devotional text and personal legends to the tabard. I think he as a whole turned out quite good He´s very light on diffrent colours and such also, I wanted a more uniform look for him, thats why all the metal is in boltgun, I was thinking about doing some of them in gold, but I think I will leave that for my next chaplain.

Next up is my brand new Stormtalon. another model I love, but in the case of this it´s in part more to battlefield excellence then the model it self, I really like the model, but it was not that fun to paint to be true.

it was a bit hard to get a good picture of the pilot, the clear plastic keept catching the flash a bit too good

A bit of a pic heavy post but I hope you like it.

post #179 of 187 (permalink) Old 09-01-12, 03:40 AM

Vereor's Flag is: Australia

Your highlighting is brilliant. This is one of the few times i've seen something bright in 40k and actually liked it.

Stormtalon looks great.

The chaplain is, like most of your mini's, very clean but whats up with the big patches of grey? Is it supposed to be environmental lighting catching the armour or what?
post #180 of 187 (permalink) Old 09-01-12, 04:11 AM Thread Starter

The patches of grey are the result of me trying out a new technique, it´s a bit more subtle then on the pictures, the flash made them stand out a bit more then they actually do. But I don´t think I will use that on any more models as it diden´t turn out quite as I wanted it to sadly...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode