B asement is finally dry, and I had a day or two of semi-decent weather to get a few minis primed.
While I was waiting, this is what I got started on.
Which progressed to this:
And then this:
This is my first try at Hirst Arts casts. I was very pleased with how they went together and the detail. I am waiting for some more casts to finish the stairs before I make a stab at painting it. I found a site that sells the plaster casts in quantity, which saved me from having to learn how to cast! Great stuff.
I did finish the Bret lord, minus the flocking. I need a matte varnish to brush over the decals to hide the edges better before I hit the model with spray matte and finish the flocking. My daughter requested unicorns despite the dragons on the men-at-arms. Never try an explain heraldry to a seven-year-old...
A tiny painted unicorn...
And the next batch or archers all primed:
I am going to paint samll batches of Brets, High Elves and Wood Elves. I have put one coat of fleshtone on all the skin, but that's it so far.