Hail Knights, to War! To War! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-08, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

Rindaris's Flag is: USA

Default Hail Knights, to War! To War!

So on my work table/desk I have several projects. Here are two current ones I'm working on. The command squad would be coming along faster if the post office wasn't holding up some bits I needed.

Deathwatch Command Squad I'm developing:

pst.. Son of Horus.. the guy on the back right is the one that will have the shield... when I finally get it

And I'm trying to develop a tournament tray/diorama for my Aesir Knight army. Nothing is glued yet, mainly since i want to find some Cities bits to add more detail to the Necromunda bits, and want to figure out something to do with the base.... Apoc urban road would be nice, but price is a bit excessive for what little I need. I'd little to add some kind of power generator on the right side, in the circular opening on the first two levels.

Ideas are more then welcome

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-08, 11:22 PM
Hespithe's Flag is: USA

Very cool dude... It has been a long while since I've seen that terrain, lol.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-08, 11:24 PM

Tiberius's Flag is: Canada

If you are not adverse to making your own. I know from experience that Pringles cans fit nicely in those holes.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-08, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
If you are not adverse to making your own. I know from experience that Pringles cans fit nicely in those holes.
No, I don't mind making my own at all. I'm just not sure how I'd detail it to make it seem more like a power conductor or something like that, rather then a painted pringles can

And there are advantages to being a packrat
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-08, 11:41 PM

Tiberius's Flag is: Canada

Well the one I did for Necro looked like an old coal burner. So basically all I added was a door, a smoke stack, and wires I recovered from an alarm clock. Hopes this gives you an idea.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-31-08, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Actually, it does. I've found some Cities of Death stuff I could readily use to detail up the Pringles Can/Coal Burner... now just to get my hands on some. But thanks for the idea, I'm definitely gonna be using it!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-10-08, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Deathwatch Techmarine to lead my primary Devastator squad

Still planning to add a Servoskull with a servo-arm on the back of the base, hence why the techmarine is standing forward as much as he is. Would have had him forward more, but it was causing balance problems due to the weaponary sticking out so much.

And I'm using some possessed bits along with regular chaos stuff to create an enhanced CSM squad to go along with Fabius Bile:

Champion:

Meltagun CSM... I figured since the Emperor's Children had the best of gear, if any Legion had a meltapistol it would be them. Of course for rules since CSM have a pistol and CCW, this guy would use those... I just wanted to combine the meltagun and the pistol for appearance's sake:

I did get some CoD stuff for the diorama tray I've been looking to put together, so I'm not sure if I'm still gonna use any of the Necromunda stuff at all. Might just save that stuff so I can use it to put together a Chaos version if I opt to that that.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Ok... so I've got more updates. Havn't been doing as much painting lately, been kinda busy. But I'm sure I'll get alot of that done once this semester is over.

Aesir Knight Strega class space marine attack bike:

Aesir Knight Strega class space marine bike squad:

Ka-tet of the Crimson King Daemon Prince 'The Crimson King'

A Deathwatch Chaplain and another random Chaplain for Apoc:
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 01:32 PM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rindaris View Post
No, I don't mind making my own at all. I'm just not sure how I'd detail it to make it seem more like a power conductor or something like that, rather then a painted pringles can

And there are advantages to being a packrat
I've painted tons of pringles cans. They don't look anything like painted pringles cans when they're done, oddly enough... usually they come out looking like grain silos, but if you stuck one in there, it'd probably come out looking like a support structure for the building or something. The display tray looks like it's coming along well! I should try something like that for my Lions Rampant. I don't know how I'd make it work though since I'd want to be able to display an entire Battle Company on it. Hmm... may be new project time in short order.

On a side note, my paint is still at the parents' house, so I have absolutely no way to work on your shield for at least a few more days. I'll be out of town anyway beating people with a foam sword, so... yeah. It'll get done though, I promise! It's a five-minute thing to freehand that iconography, it's just getting my paints back.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Well, I also got my hands on one of those Ad Mec building kits, so that will definitely make it more lively. The only thing stalling me right now is figuring out how to do the basing of it. I saw (I believe on the GW site) how they did a base for a BT setting, but I'm really not sure I have the tools and skill to pull that off.

And the tray would only be for about 2000 points... if I wanted to take a picture of all 8k+ points of stuff I had, I'd need a whole table. I might do that eventually with that big roman pillar piece of terrain no one ever uses, once I get all my AK stuff painted.

Unfortunely it'll be awhile before I get that far since I had ideas on kitting my 2nd landspeeder with the 'wings' from a star wars tie interceptor.... and I still need to finish the weapon sponsons for my land raider... among everything else I have sitting around.

And no worries on the champion, take your time. Gives me an excuse to not finish up the DW squad ~laughs~

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode